New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

"Thinking about all this timey wimey stuff hurts my brain. I'm not even sure what we're supposed to do now about this." Gearstride said after allowing her brain to absorb everything.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Thinking about all this timey wimey stuff hurts my brain. I'm not even sure what we're supposed to do now about this." Gearstride said after allowing her brain to absorb everything.
    Well, the dragon knows what to do about this. Get away from the crazy ponies. No mare is that good-looking.

The dragon turns back into dragon form and flies away like a bat out of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "That's why I'm not sure...We were then. I think they, or some lost part of them, were now. Somehow..."

Foxglove gave the dragon a look that was long, slow, and calm.

"....I can't speak for them; they seem pretty sane. Anyway, I must be mad, or I wouldn't have come here."

She answered. She gave something else a thought.

"Hey, do you know someone named Aurora?"
    "A few different ponies. Why?" She asked, tilting her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Godwyn raises a curious - and slightly dubious - eyebrow at Silent Night as she reveals her (supposed) age.

And then Aurora tells him his role in Equestrian history. Needless to say, the Paladin looks like somepony just sucker punched him right in the stomach. And the heart. Right ventricle, specifically.

And then she bails!

"Hey wait!" Godwyn squawks, eyes going wide in surprise. "Come back! None of this makes any sense!"

Realizing his complaints are falling on deaf/nonexistent ears, the Paladin lets out an annoyed growl. "You know, I thought angels were supposed to be helpful..." he grumbles in irritation.
    "Some are. Others are notoriously UNhelpful, or only do things on a 'Need to know basis' which gets tiring quick. I've encountered one or two. Say what you will, and it will be totally valid, but at least demons are straightforward."

With a groan of exasperation, the griffin turns his attention back towards Silent Night with slumped shoulders and a deadpan expression. He's clearly growing tired of this. "Does the name Thorngrave have any meaning to you?" he flatly asks. "'Anacra' told us that's what you'd started calling yourself, due to something called Cutie Mark Insanity Syndrome, or whatever. She said it's... the same thing... Luna......."
    "...I used to pretend to be an evil wizard when I was playing games as a kid. I was always a necromancer, and I called myself Thorngrave at the time because I thought it sounded cool. Then I became a teenager and realized it's not really that cool, and I didn't really want to be an evil necromancer, even pretending. Especially since my special talent is necromancy."

Godwyn's posture goes rigid. "Wait, if that was Anacra from 2,500 years ago... then she knew Luna would eventually become Nightmare Moon... 1000 years later..." the Paladin observes, a look of deep contemplation on his feathery face. "Which... means she could see the future. Which means she... wasn't sending us to find you THEN..." he muses, swinging his talons to the left, "But rather, she was sending us to find you NOW..." he states, swinging his talons back to the right. "So she knowingly sent us into the future. I think. To stop you. Or to stop herself. Or both."

Godwyn blinks a few times, before closing his eyes lightly bonking his fist against his forehead a few times. "Time travels hurts my brain..."
    "I think it only doesn't hurt two ponies brains. One of them is that...THING you saw, and the other...well, I have no idea what she is. Frankly, she's probably insane by our standards too."

Foxglove considered this. Godwyn was, in general, not looking good. She walked up to his side and began pushing him forward.

This did not work, as he is a big strong armored Griffon and she is a weak little unicorn. She pushed futilely up against him for a while, before adding,

"...Maybe we should go outside. That'll make you feel better."
    "He looks in dire need of some puppies." Silent Night says.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-20 at 04:46 AM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "...So, are you all crazy or something?" The dragon asks, backing away from the group.
    "Pretty much," Heart replied, opening one eye to glance at the dragon-turned-pony before trying to just tune it all out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

"What were we even expected to do really? It obviously wasn't really just the simple task of slide horn ring unto horn.

"I need a drink, a nice stiff one to relax my mind, and a nice mare or stallion."
    She glanced as the dragon flew out of dodge, she wasn't going to chase after them, though she was going to miss the idea of two pairs of lips from a double headed pony ravishing her with kisses. Ah well. She did her distracting task of not having the big dragon start fighting with them and make for combat ensuing.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

"...Shhh."

She said to Silent Night, in a low voice.

"You'll spoil the surprise. Come on, everypony. And Godwyn. Let's go somewhere less confusing."

More futile pushing.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-12-20 at 03:22 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn sighs, and begins to flap his wings and lightly hover, allowing Foxglove to "push" and "steer" him towards the exit. "A trip to the nearest tavern doesn't sound like that bad of an idea..." the Paladin mutters weakly, before looking over at Silent Night. "Would you like us to return later for further discussion and perhaps sense-making? Or would you like to join us for a drink?" he politely asks, giving the necromancer a weak smile. Always polite, even when overwhelmed...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

"It's been a long time since I've had one. After this day, I could use something strong. I'd be willing to accompany you, if you aren't one of those Paladins who is completely unwilling to ever associate with a necromancer because it's "Evil" she says, clearly having heard that a lot. "No more evil than creating golems, or chucking fireballs at ponies...Less so than the latter even..." she says.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

As Godwyn is pushed towards the exit, Godwyn looks over his shoulder at Silent Night, and gives her a meek smile. "Oh no, no such trouble from be. Besides, you are not Evil. Far from it. The aura of the soul reflects what lies within the heart..." he cryptically muses while being carted off.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

"Wait, so we're going for drinks?"

Foxglove blinked as she pushed Godwyn along.

"Wow, I'm already doubling my bar visits. I always knew meeting people would lead me to a life of drink..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

"I think that a life of drink is the best life. It tends to involve scoring many kisses for me and any life where I can score kisses is the best life," She grinned, very well knowing she didn't make that much sense.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn cranes his neck to give Gear a dubious look. "On second thought, maybe a drink isn't such a good idea," he deadpans. "For me, at least."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, so we're going for drinks?"

Foxglove blinked as she pushed Godwyn along.

"Wow, I'm already doubling my bar visits. I always knew meeting people would lead me to a life of drink..."
    "No, that's just Aurora," Heartflight said flatly, hopping onto a cloud and just pushing herself along lazily.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

"...But she's not even coming to the bar, on account of not-existing, but not being as upfront about it as me..."

Foxglove mused as they left the cave. She hopped back up on Tweedle's back, where she curled up a bit.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

"I still have no idea who this Aurora person is." Silent Night says to the party with the paladin who invited her for a drink. Naturally, she leaves her undead friends in the cave so as not to freak the mundanes.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

"She would be the mage to have had time traveled us to the past...." Gear furrowed her brow, that was awfully sneaky mcsneakerson.

She then grinned at the griffon. "Don't be such a lamer, unless you don't think yer up for handling a few hard ciders, heh." She teased.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn shakes his head at Foxglove. "Once again Miss Foxglove, I assure you that you do, in fact, exist."

He looks back over at Silent Night, and frowns slightly. "Aurora is the impish angel who saw fit to hurl us back and forth through time and drag us into that mess," he explains.

Finally, the griffin hops up and begins to hover. He twists his body around, so that he spins to face Gearstride. "Furthermore, I am quite certain that I can handle my hard cider," he states factually, perhaps even a bit boastfully.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

He looks back over at Silent Night, and frowns slightly. "Aurora is the impish angel who saw fit to hurl us back and forth through time and drag us into that mess," he explains.
    "...Through time?...That can be done?...Oh, THAT Aurora." She has kind of an unpleasant look on her face after putting 2 and 2 together. "...Odd. That seems far more helpful than she usually is."

Finally, the griffin hops up and begins to hover. He twists his body around, so that he spins to face Gearstride. "Furthermore, I am quite certain that I can handle my hard cider," he states factually, perhaps even a bit boastfully.
    "...Let's not test that. We don't need anypony, or griffin, getting drunk. How about we make sure to be nice, moderate drinkers with BIG glasses of water in-between each of our drinks, and eating plenty of bread before-hoof, huh?" she asks, clearly not expecting anybody in the group to go for that idea, but it's worth a shot.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

"I still don't see evidence that we were moved through time -- after all, we'd have noticed something when we left 'baack then'. I think time was moved around us...Or both of us, Anacra's group and us, were in our correct times, and they were sort of...meeting."

Foxglove was unsatisfied by this whole timetravel business; after all, they walked out, without noticing any unusual changes in the enviroment, or to the structure they had left, in spite of the fact that one or both of those things being very likely -- almost certain -- to have occured if they were literally walking from the past to the present.

"...I'll...stick to juice."

She mumbled, looking emberassed.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"...Through time?...That can be done?...Oh, THAT Aurora." She has kind of an unpleasant look on her face after putting 2 and 2 together. "...Odd. That seems far more helpful than she usually is."
    Godwyn quirks a weary eyebrow. "Oh, you know her? Why do I find myself surprised?"

"...Let's not test that. We don't need anypony, or griffin, getting drunk. How about we make sure to be nice, moderate drinkers with BIG glasses of water in-between each of our drinks, and eating plenty of bread before-hoof, huh?" she asks, clearly not expecting anybody in the group to go for that idea, but it's worth a shot.
    The griffin gives a wry smile. "We'll see."

"I still don't see evidence that we were moved through time -- after all, we'd have noticed something when we left 'baack then'. I think time was moved around us...Or both of us, Anacra's group and us, were in our correct times, and they were sort of...meeting."

Foxglove was unsatisfied by this whole timetravel business; after all, they walked out, without noticing any unusual changes in the enviroment, or to the structure they had left, in spite of the fact that one or both of those things being very likely -- almost certain -- to have occured if they were literally walking from the past to the present.

"...I'll...stick to juice."

She mumbled, looking emberassed.
    Godwyn shrugs. "I am not certain who was where or when. I suppose only Aurora knows, and I doubt she'll be giving us that information any time soon, if ever. Oh well. What's done is done, regardless of when it actually got done."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yyyyeah, I'm done with this," Heart said. "I'll meet y'all back at the pub." And with that, she took off, showing off along the way because, well, why not?

Spoiler
    Show
    Perform (Weapon Drill) because why not? (1d20+25)[33]
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

"Does she even know where she's going?" Gearstride pointed out as Heartflight decided to take off. Ya know, taking into consideration on how they were teleported into the...something....so the town may not even be in this time. Actually, **** it, trying to think of the holes here did no one no good.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Well, luckily, Trottingham isn't exactly small, so it's not easy to miss. While not nearly as big as say, Manehatten, it's a pretty nicely sized place in its own right. It's a mostly modern looking place, with several buildings constructed out of stone rather than the usual wood. These are apparently places of business for the likes of fashion designers, and similar big businesses, judging by the rather apparent signs.

Other than the buildings, most places are made out of wood, with the occasional brick and mortar house or place of business. There's just about every type of business you would expect here, including a jeweler, a blacksmith, a bar, a furniture store, a pet shop, a grocery shop, a clothier, a fortune teller, a library, a bookstore, a gaming shop, and a bakery.

There are few ponies roaming the street at this point, mostly a few foals, and one or two pan-handlers. The foals appear to be in one of two little groups.

One group of four foals is playing a game not unlike "Ring around the Rosy". The foals are clearly young, as they don't have their cutie marks yet. They are each a dark color with a light mane of a similar color (Purple, Blue, Red, and green), and then there are three that are discussing something going missing. It doesn't appear to be anything overly urgent, and really seems to be more a source of annoyance than anything. Something about dolls. One of the foals in this group has her cutie mark, a cone with three scoops of ice cream on it (Strawberry, Vanilla, and chocolate), and she's a white pony with a dark brown mane, and small pink spots all over her hair and body. One is a bright red pegasus colt who is lamenting his Daring-Do action figure with kung-fu action having gone missing. The last is a very young filly who can't even pronounce her 'r's correctly yet, who is a bright bubblegum pink, and is sad about the loss of her dolly.

One of the Panhandlers is playing an acoustic guitar, though, not very well, hasn't shaved in a while, and looks like he could use a bath. HE looks to be about middle-aged, and is going bald. His mane is black, and his coat is a dark brown. His cutie mark is not visible.

The other doesn't appear to be much of a beggar, she's more of a street-performer, performing small magic tricks, such as pulling a rabbit out of a hat, or the "Is this your card"? trick. The mare has a cutie mark of four aces in front of a magician's top-hat, and has a white body with a pink mane. Both her body and mane look like somebody threw sprinkles all over her, and she just let them stay in.

The roads in town are pretty standard dirt roads, that look well taken care of. Every once-in-a-while you notice a guardpony or police-pony walking along. Each one will politely wave to any ponies in the party as they walk by.

The bar

A fair number of ponies of various ages have congregated at the bar. Quite oddly, the mare who was just serving drinks in the little nowhere town is serving drinks here as well. Well, maybe she just has a twin sister.

The bar is much more upscale than the one in the middle of nowhere town, with very nice checkered tile floor, comfy benches around tables, some booths, and some very nice barstools, along with a bar that looks like you could drop any amount of dirt on it, and the sheer cleanliness and shininess would just assimilate the dirt into more cleanliness and shininess. For those who want a refill on the more traditional sodas, there's a soda fountain right near the entrance.

The back of the bar is loaded with pictures of old singers, most of whom are pretty recognizable, and a few ponies who very much aren't recognizable. Probably personal idols of the owner, or family.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-27 at 05:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Bar

Godwyn stands near the doorway, grinning as he looks around the bar. "Woooow. I like this place." He looks to Foxglove and smiles. "When you find a seat, could you save me a spot please? I have something I need to go take care of. It shouldn't take long."

He nods politely to the rest of the group, and Silent Night. "I shall return in a moment."

And with that...

The Streets

Godwyn strides back outside, and begins to casually stride down the sidewalk back towards the beggars.

To the magician, he gives 10 gold coins. "Perhaps you should look into entertaining in clubs or restaurants. Dinner and a show? Or maybe take your show on the road? Get more exposure, earn new fans, discover new tricks," he suggests with a pleasant smile. "Have a pleasant day, ma'am."

To the guitar-playing beggar, he offers 15 gold bits. "Here you go, sir," he says with a sympathetic smile. "Might I suggest the harmonica? Easier to play with hooves than a guitar, and you'd get more attention with a less common instrument. Have a good day, my friend."

The Paladin turns to head back to the bar... but pauses when he passes by the foals and their plight of the missing doll. As much as he hates to keep his companions waiting...

Godwyn saunters over to the kids. "What seems to be the problem?" he asks, tilting his head slightly in curiosity.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove looks uneasier at this bar than she did at the last one. Still, she had work to do. Godwyn was having a bad day...
    And you know what fixed that? Puppies.

Once she was in the bar, she began to hum a little melody, and then began to pick up pace with it. And add words.
    "Here, puppies. Come here. Who's a good doggy," she sang. And through the door...Arrived puppies. Or, at least, the idea of puppies, solid enough to be interchangable with real puppies. little writhing masses of puppies, wagging their little tails.

(Use a use of bardic performance to summon (1d3)[2] swarms of puppies.)

Foxglove dropped down on her knees to play with them and get licked, all while keeping up her flow of song-like praise.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

The bar

Gearstride smiled at the puppies. Puppies were cute, twas fact. But more importantly, the bartender. Wait what? On that note, she did quite like the atmosphere of this bar, rather old school and classy.

She approached the bartender and flashed her a smile. "Hey cutie, mind hooking me up with a hard cider?" She asked flirtatiously whilst getting out a few Bits.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight also decided to play with the puppies (after waiting for the rest of the group to arrive), while keeping an ear on the karaoke bar. It was always good for a few laughs. Usually.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight also decided to play with the puppies (after waiting for the rest of the group to arrive), while keeping an ear on the karaoke bar. It was always good for a few laughs. Usually.
    The singer is an earth pony, singing a song that has a bit of a bedtime story quality to it.

"Within the Vale of Forgotten Kings, beyond the Warrior's Gate, deep below the
    Spire of Woe, the Treasure of the Four Crowns lies in wait. But verily few hath seen this prize, and none hath lived to tell. For death beware all those who dare to break the immortal dark one's spell.

The Lord of Shadows hath decreed that none shall claim this prize, lest first the sigil of the Four Crowns be gleaned by mortal eyes. Beyond the blackest barrier, concealed. Behind his throne, the sigil holds the Cryptic Key etched in darkest stone.

The sovereigns of the ancient realms buried their secrets deep. A lost legacy of immortality lies hidden within the caverns of Flametongue's keep. But verily few hath seen this prize and none hath lived to tell.
    or death awaits beyond ancient gates, and only the blood of the dragon can break the spell."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The bar

Gearstride smiled at the puppies. Puppies were cute, twas fact. But more importantly, the bartender. Wait what? On that note, she did quite like the atmosphere of this bar, rather old school and classy.

She approached the bartender and flashed her a smile. "Hey cutie, mind hooking me up with a hard cider?" She asked flirtatiously whilst getting out a few Bits.
    "Sure! Hard cider or Apple Pie Moonshine? the bartender asks.

Foxglove looks uneasier at this bar than she did at the last one. Still, she had work to do. Godwyn was having a bad day...
    And you know what fixed that? Puppies.

Once she was in the bar, she began to hum a little melody, and then began to pick up pace with it. And add words.
    "Here, puppies. Come here. Who's a good doggy," she sang. And through the door...Arrived puppies. Or, at least, the idea of puppies, solid enough to be interchangable with real puppies. little writhing masses of puppies, wagging their little tails.

(Use a use of bardic performance to summon [roll0] swarms of puppies.)

Foxglove dropped down on her knees to play with them and get licked, all while keeping up her flow of song-like praise.
    The Bar

Godwyn stands near the doorway, grinning as he looks around the bar. "Woooow. I like this place." He looks to Foxglove and smiles. "When you find a seat, could you save me a spot please? I have something I need to go take care of. It shouldn't take long."

He nods politely to the rest of the group, and Silent Night. "I shall return in a moment."

And with that...

The Streets

Godwyn strides back outside, and begins to casually stride down the sidewalk back towards the beggars.

To the magician, he gives 10 gold coins. "Perhaps you should look into entertaining in clubs or restaurants. Dinner and a show? Or maybe take your show on the road? Get more exposure, earn new fans, discover new tricks," he suggests with a pleasant smile. "Have a pleasant day, ma'am."
    she seems quite surprised by the amount. She looks at it a few times to make sure she isn't hallucinating. ...Thank you sir. I will certainly take it under consideration. she says
    To the guitar-playing beggar, he offers 15 gold bits. "Here you go, sir," he says with a sympathetic smile. "Might I suggest the harmonica? Easier to play with hooves than a guitar, and you'd get more attention with a less common instrument. Have a good day, my friend."
    "Ummm....sir, you do realize these are gold pieces' right?" The beggar asks, clearly not believing the amount
    The Paladin turns to head back to the bar... but pauses when he passes by the foals and their plight of the missing doll. As much as he hates to keep his companions waiting...

Godwyn saunters over to the kids. "What seems to be the problem?" he asks, tilting his head slightly in curiosity.
    The foals are about to respond, but then, puppies. They ignore the paladin for the moment and go over to pet the puppies instead.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

At the wave of foals, Foxglove edges about nervously; she keeps up her humming, but retreats to where she can watch puppies/watch for Godwyn behind a booth or something, where it's safe from all the people.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

she seems quite surprised by the amount. She looks at it a few times to make sure she isn't hallucinating. ...Thank you sir. I will certainly take it under consideration. she says
    "Good."

"Ummm....sir, you do realize these are gold pieces' right?" The beggar asks, clearly not believing the amount
    "Yes."

The foals are about to respond, but then, puppies. They ignore the paladin for the moment and go over to pet the puppies instead.
    "What."

Having been foiled in his third good deed of the afternoon, Godwyn shrugs and returns to the bar. He walks inside... and is presumably swarmed by juvenile canines. The horror!

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

"...Get him, puppies!"

Foxglove commands from the saftey of behind a piece of furniture.

And then Godwyn is swarmed by puppies licking him, and wagging, and being cute puppies.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)