New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Foxglove shrugged.

"...Soon?"

That sounded more hopeful than anything, though she found this whole 'we' thing took a moment of getting used to.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawkflight trotted over to the mayor, indicating the blue unicorn pony sleeping in the corner. "Who's she?" she asked in a whisper.

((Wait, are we at the mayor's office or the bar? O.o))
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hawkflight trotted over to the mayor, indicating the blue unicorn pony sleeping in the corner. "Who's she?" she asked in a whisper.

"Oh her! She's just a local mage. Kind of odd if you ask me, but a fine gal." The mayor says with a smile.

((Wait, are we at the mayor's office or the bar? O.o))
    The bar.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

"A mage? She got a name?" Gearstride casually asked. She was sitting with the mayor after all still, this conversation she would hear.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "A mage? She got a name?" Gearstride casually asked. She was sitting with the mayor after all still, this conversation she would hear.
    "I believe her name is Aurora. Like I said, nice gal, if a little weird." The mayor says.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

"...Would she know, or know someone...Who'd be...something about the woods? Concerned? Aware?"

Foxglove asked, having followed the conversation with her eyes and circular attention span. She moved over to them, cautiously.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-11-09 at 05:55 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"Uuuuh, maybe?" this mayor appears to be a little bit out of touch with his town.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn frowns. The mayor didn't seem to know his town or its citizens all that well. But it wasn't his place to judge the leadership qualities of public figures. That was what elections were for, after all.

He casts a curious glance over to the slumbering pony. "Should I go wake her up?" he quietly asks Foxglove and the rest of the group. "I'd hate to bother her, but if you think she might have useful knowledge or advice, I will go try to politely rouse her from her slumber."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Godwyn frowns. The mayor didn't seem to know his town or its citizens all that well. But it wasn't his place to judge the leadership qualities of public figures. That was what elections were for, after all.

He casts a curious glance over to the slumbering pony. "Should I go wake her up?" he quietly asks Foxglove and the rest of the group. "I'd hate to bother her, but if you think she might have useful knowledge or advice, I will go try to politely rouse her from her slumber."
    "Couldn't hurt," reasoned Heartflight. "If she's a mage, she might know something about the anti-mag field."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn nods. "Very well."

The griffin slinks across the bar, over to where the mare is sleeping. "Excuse me, ma'am?" he quietly addresses her, keeping a few feet between them so he doesn't spoke her. "Ma'am?" If she doesn't respond, he'll rap his knuckles lightly on the table or bar to make a bit of noise. "Ma'am, please wake up."

Once she's awake, he'll smile and gesture to his traveling companions. "I am sorry to wake you, but my companions would like to have a word with you, if you don't mind," he politely tells her.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn nods. "Very well."

The griffin slinks across the bar, over to where the mare is sleeping. "Excuse me, ma'am?" he quietly addresses her, keeping a few feet between them so he doesn't spoke her. "Ma'am?" If she doesn't respond, he'll rap his knuckles lightly on the table or bar to make a bit of noise. "Ma'am, please wake up."

Once she's awake, he'll smile and gesture to his traveling companions. "I am sorry to wake you, but my companions would like to have a word with you, if you don't mind," he politely tells her.
    The mare slowly opens her eyes which look...very odd. For one, they're a bright glowing blue, and almost look crystal like. For another, despite her smiling rather sincerely, they look...incredibly sad.

"If I can do something to help a Paladin, I see no reason why not." She says.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove watches the pony's eyes carefully. She found them, for their sorrow, very beautiful. As she looked, she approached and spoke.

"The woods here are...Very strange. They're broken...Magically, for one way."

Foxglove kind of considered the lack of animals more important than the anti-magic field, but that's because it's Foxglove. But the two were probably connected...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The mare gives Foxglove a quizzical look. "What exactly do you mean by "Broken Magically"? she asks.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn gives the mare a kind, genuine smile. "Your assistance is appreciated. As for the woods, there is some sort of strange anti-magic field sprung up in one of the clearings. As a result, or we assume as a result, all the animals in the surrounding areas have fled. There was also an issue with a hungry purple wurm, but thankfully that has been resolved peacefully. So yes, we were hoping your magical knowledge would prove insightful or helpful."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    The mare gives Foxglove a quizzical look. "What exactly do you mean by "Broken Magically"? she asks.
    "There's ... nothing," said Heart. "No animals, no creatures, just a bitchy raven and an anti-magic zone that's been around for a while. The anti-magic zone kind of looks like the Everfree Forest, near Canterlot."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-11-11 at 03:41 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn gives the mare a kind, genuine smile. "Your assistance is appreciated. As for the woods, there is some sort of strange anti-magic field sprung up in one of the clearings. As a result, or we assume as a result, all the animals in the surrounding areas have fled. There was also an issue with a hungry purple wurm, but thankfully that has been resolved peacefully. So yes, we were hoping your magical knowledge would prove insightful or helpful."
    "There's ... nothing," said Heart. "No animals, no creatures, just a bitchy raven and an anti-magic zone that's been around for a while. The anti-magic zone kind of looks like the Everfree Forest, near Canterlot."
    "Interesting...the most I can do is refer you to somebody else. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing, though I know a pony who is. I could tell you the basics, but that's not really anything you couldn't find out on your own. And what's this about a...jerky raven?" She asks. She apparently doesn't like swear words all that much.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"Interesting...the most I can do is refer you to somebody else. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing, though I know a pony who is. I could tell you the basics, but that's not really anything you couldn't find out on your own. And what's this about a...jerky raven?" She asks. She apparently doesn't like swear words all that much.
    "Well, it could talk, for one thing," said Heart. "And had a real mouth on it too. It said it was somepony's familiar."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-11-11 at 03:50 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

"...He was a familliar who gave us a warning, and apparently used to come there with a mare who brought other ponies..."

Foxglove mused, coming into sharper focus on the subject of the raven, who she wanted to think had been trying to help them with the warning. Or maybe not.

"She wasn't very nice...I wonder if she's been through town, or wandered through some other way..."

Apparently the thought of asking her didn't occur to Foxglove, so she just devolved into quiet mutterings, that last sentence the last one loud enough to hear.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-11-11 at 03:52 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn gives Heart a disapproving look. He then looks back at the mare and smiles politely. "My apologies. The rude raven was the familiar of some antagonistic mare, who in turn serves a darker, more villainous master. Or so was the implication, what with the death threats and all. It seems they are somehow tied to the anti-magic field, though I am not sure if they caused it, or just tended to it."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, it could talk, for one thing," said Heart. "And had a real mouth on it too. It said it was somepony's familiar."
    "If it could talk, that doesn't surprise me."

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "...He was a familliar who gave us a warning, and apparently used to come there with a mare who brought other ponies..."

Foxglove mused, coming into sharper focus on the subject of the raven, who she wanted to think had been trying to help them with the warning. Or maybe not.

"She wasn't very nice...I wonder if she's been through town, or wandered through some other way..."

Apparently the thought of asking her didn't occur to Foxglove, so she just devolved into quiet mutterings, that last sentence the last one loud enough to hear.
    "Who wasn't very nice?" the pony questions.

Godwyn gives Heart a disapproving look. He then looks back at the mare and smiles politely. "My apologies. The rude raven was the familiar of some antagonistic mare, who in turn serves a darker, more villainous master. Or so was the implication, what with the death threats and all. It seems they are somehow tied to the anti-magic field, though I am not sure if they caused it, or just tended to it."
    "I'm merely speculating. My friend could tell you more. She lives just outside Trottingham." The mage says.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

"The mare...I mean, I don't know about her supply of lighting fixtures, but...Godwyn may be right about her...."

Foxglove...Non-explained.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Who wasn't very nice?" the pony questions.
    "The mare in charge of whatever scheme is at play. The one who gave us death-threats, via the raven," Greif explains.

"I'm merely speculating. My friend could tell you more. She lives just outside Trottingham." The mage says.
    The griffin smiles. "Thank you. What is your friend's name, and what can you tell us about her and where to find her? I am not from these lands, so I am unfamiliar with where Trottingham is..."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

The griffin smiles. "Thank you. What is your friend's name, and what can you tell us about her and where to find her? I am not from these lands, so I am unfamiliar with where Trottingham is..."
    "Her friends call her "Anna", so just call her that. She always likes making new friends." The mage says with a genuine smile. "Trottingham is much easier to reach if you hire a mage who knows how to teleport. Otherwise, it's a bit of a walk." The mage says.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "The mare...I mean, I don't know about her supply of lighting fixtures, but...Godwyn may be right about her...."

Foxglove...Non-explained.
    "I think he meant she's really really evil." The mage points out. "But I think there is something in the evil overlord handbook about insufficient amounts of light." the mage jokes.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-11 at 09:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"Her friends call her "Anna", so just call her that. She always likes making new friends." The mage says with a genuine smile. "Trottingham is much easier to reach if you hire a mage who knows how to teleport. Otherwise, it's a bit of a walk." The mage says.
    "Or a train," Hawkflight pointed out. "Or a hot-air balloon. Or a carriage. Or I could fly ahead and she could teleport me back. Or ... yeah, basically anything else. I'm Hawkflight, by the way. Speedster, adventurer, and rather good cook."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-11-12 at 12:01 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride popped up behind the mage with a flirty smirk and leaned over. "Are you a mage with teleportation abilities? If you are, maybe I'll hire you."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"But of all those things, teleportation would be fastest and easiest," Godwyn muses.

He looks at the mage and smiles politely. "Oh right, introductions. I believe the mayor mentioned your name was Aurora. Mine is Godwyn."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-11-12 at 12:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Or a train," Hawkflight pointed out. "Or a hot-air balloon. Or a carriage. Or I could fly ahead and she could teleport me back. Or ... yeah, basically anything else. I'm Hawkflight, by the way. Speedster, adventurer, and rather good cook."
    "I'm Aurora. Self-proclaimed wizard, passing through this rather small town, basically just travelling the countryside. Libraries get awfully boring and confining every once in a while after all."

Gearstride popped up behind the mage with a flirty smirk and leaned over. "Are you a mage with teleportation abilities? If you are, maybe I'll hire you."
    "I am in fact a mage with teleportation abilities. I generally require compensation for such spells though." the mage says.

"But of all those things, teleportation would be fastest and easiest," Godwyn muses.

He looks at the mage and smiles politely. "Oh right, introductions. I believe the mayor mentioned your name was Aurora. Mine is Godwyn."
    "Pleased to meet you, Godwyn." the mage says with a small smile.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

"Well cutie pie, I could, provide you your compensation. Name your price love," She crooned.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

"Well cutie pie, I could, provide you your compensation. Name your price love," She crooned.
    "My price is quite simple. Make me laugh." Aurora responds to Gearstride.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight winced. She had no problem participating in the mage's game, but ...

"Does it /have/ to be teleportation?" she asked warily.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show