New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Godwyn says nothing to Heartflight or to Anacra in response to Discord. He merely nods apologetically to Anacra.

At the explanation about the dead-magic zone, the Paladin raises an eyebrow. "Oh. So. We're done then. Um. Good job team?" he asks apprehensively. "Thank you for your help, Miss Anacra, and for your hospitality."

He looks around at the rest of the team. "Sooo, do we have any other quests that need doing? Or is this where we part ways?" He looks over at Anacra, and smiles meekly. "You wouldn't happen to need assistance with anything, would you?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, would you and your friends be in the mood for a fetch quest? I could try and reimburse you for your time. Otherwise, I can't think of much right now." Anacra says.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn folds his claws together and smirks. "Fetch quest? Sounds like a good deed in need of doing. Please, do go on."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

"....Shouldn't somepony report this to the princesses, if somepony so powerful is trying to make a weapon?" Heart pointed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "....Shouldn't somepony report this to the princesses, if somepony so powerful is trying to make a weapon?" Heart pointed out.
    "Probably. I can manage to get the message to her, though it might take a while. Though, not as long as it would take to do it yourselves." Anacra says.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Godwyn folds his claws together and smirks. "Fetch quest? Sounds like a good deed in need of doing. Please, do go on."
    "There's a unicorn mare who calls herself Thorngrave, though that's not her real name, about 20 miles away outside of town. She's a necromancer, and a slightly dangerous one too. I want you to subdue her, and bring her back here so I can help her." Anacra says, with a slightly sad look on her face.

A few of the foals at the table look slightly concerned after hearing the name.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove looks from face to face, trying to work out what sort of relationship might be in everyone's minds to make their faces so sad, and use her own musical training to pick at the harmonics of Anacra's voice.

Sense Motive Via Perform (Song) score:
    (1d20+13)[15]
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn rises from his chair and stands up at his full height, looking suitably gallant and cool, with his expression set and serious. "I'll need a map, some rope, and any information you have which could be used to reason with her - history, real name, weaknesses, motivations, so on and so forth. And if violence is forced to become necessary, I will ensure she is brought back alive."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight frowned, then nodded. "Alright, I'm in," she agreed.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

It's very easy to tell what the foals are thinking and what kind of relationship they have. This is concern for a fellow family member.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

"...I'll help, too."

Foxglove said. Stopping a necromancer to stop a necromancer was not something that mattered to Foxglove...But stopping a necromancer to help foals worried about their family? That mattered.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"Essentially, my questions/concerns were spoke by the griffon. Also, I'm in," Gearstride said with an assured nod.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn rises from his chair and stands up at his full height, looking suitably gallant and cool, with his expression set and serious. "I'll need a map, some rope, and any information you have which could be used to reason with her - history, real name, weaknesses, motivations, so on and so forth. And if violence is forced to become necessary, I will ensure she is brought back alive."
    "I have a map, I have something better than rope, her real name is Silent Night, she's not very strong so direct hits will be rather effective, and I'm not sure what her motivations are. For the most part, she kind of just up and left one day. She might have fallen into something like Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome." Anacra floats a box down from a high shelf, and pulls out a ring.

"A rather effective, and recent invention. Put it on any place a ring will fit, and it will put the person to sleep for an indefinite period of time, or until you take it off. I say indefinite, because it could be anywhere from five seconds to forever. It has an additional enchantment on it though, that will shut down magic for 48 hours, or until it's taken off, whichever comes first. Far better than rope, because Silent Night could still cast her spells while bound, but Silent Night without her spells is about as effective as a water gun without any water." Anacra says.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight frowned, then nodded. "Alright, I'm in," she agreed.
    "Thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "...I'll help, too."

Foxglove said. Stopping a necromancer to stop a necromancer was not something that mattered to Foxglove...But stopping a necromancer to help foals worried about their family? That mattered.
    "Again, thank you."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Essentially, my questions/concerns were spoke by the griffon. Also, I'm in," Gearstride said with an assured nod.
    "Thank you. All of you. I doubt you know how much this means to me." Anacra says, hoofing the ring and a map over to whoever wants to take them.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-26 at 11:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn accepts the ring and studies it in his palm. "Interesting. Cutie Mark Insanity what-now? That is what happens when a pony cannot fulfill their special talent and suffers some sort of anxiety or breakdown, yes? I'm afraid my knowledge of pony physiology, culture, and society in general is at times... limited," the Paladin muses.

"What is Miss Night's special talent? Any specific tricks we should be wary of?" he inquires. "Is more dangerous at a distance, or up close and personal? And..."

He holds the ring up between his claws, looking at Anacra through the small enchanted circle. "Does this work on griffins?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn accepts the ring and studies it in his palm. "Interesting. Cutie Mark Insanity what-now? That is what happens when a pony cannot fulfill their special talent and suffers some sort of anxiety or breakdown, yes? I'm afraid my knowledge of pony physiology, culture, and society in general is at times... limited," the Paladin muses.
    "Basically, if a pony can't use their special talent, or their talent is despised and hated, or they view their special talent as despised and hated, they can go insane, and sometimes evil. It's the reason Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon."

"What is Miss Night's special talent? Any specific tricks we should be wary of?" he inquires. "Is more dangerous at a distance, or up close and personal? And..."
    "More dangerous at a distance, up close and personal she's not that much of a threat. She has a few rather...large undead minions...her special talent is irrelevant in this case. It won't help you beat her, or help return her sanity." Anacra says. "I hate to say it, but it's likely that your only real option will be beating her unconscious." She says, and it's very VERY clear she hates to say it.

He holds the ring up between his claws, looking at Anacra through the small enchanted circle. "Does this work on griffins?"
    "Yes. If it were put on your claw, the sleeping effect would work on you, and things like your flight would be shut down for the next 48 hours." Anacra says.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn lowers his claws and gives the ring a distrustful look. "Ah. Right. Into the backpack, then," he muses, before unslinging his backpack and slipping the ring into one of the pockets.

"Undead minions you say?" the Paladin asks, his expression turning grave. He gestures for Anacra to step closer, so that he can lean in and whisper to her, so that the young foals and wyrmling do not overhear what he has to say. "What kind? Animals? Ponies? When her powers are suppressed, will they lose their animation, regain their sentience, or require individual destruction to free them from their suffering?" he quietly asks. He'd like to know what he's dealing with, so he can prepare himself and his allies for whatever horrors await them.

Once he has his answer, he'll turn and walk towards the door. "Thank you, Miss Anacra, for your hospitality and assistance. We shall be off, then, to embark on our journey."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

"Undead minions you say?" the Paladin asks, his expression turning grave. He gestures for Anacra to step closer, so that he can lean in and whisper to her, so that the young foals and wyrmling do not overhear what he has to say. "What kind? Animals? Ponies? When her powers are suppressed, will they lose their animation, regain their sentience, or require individual destruction to free them from their suffering?" he quietly asks. He'd like to know what he's dealing with, so he can prepare himself and his allies for whatever horrors await them.
    She whispers back. "No souls involved, they're essentially golems. Once you beat her, they'll lose their animation. I'm not sure what she has exactly, though you should expect to face a skeletal wurm, or possibly even a skeletal demon or dragon." Anacra tells him.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "More dangerous at a distance, up close and personal she's not that much of a threat. She has a few rather...large undead minions...her special talent is irrelevant in this case. It won't help you beat her, or help return her sanity." Anacra says. "I hate to say it, but it's likely that your only real option will be beating her unconscious." She says, and it's very VERY clear she hates to say it.
    Heartflight winced. "We'll try to be careful," she promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    She whispers back. "No souls involved, they're essentially golems. Once you beat her, they'll lose their animation. I'm not sure what she has exactly, though you should expect to face a skeletal wurm, or possibly even a skeletal demon or dragon." Anacra tells him.
    "A skeletal dragon? That sounds kind of awesome!" Heart whispered, unable to hide a tinge of excitement.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

"...We'll do our best."

Foxglove nods sadly. Tweedle gives the little dragon a quick nuzzle and turns to leave with her. Fox-glove trails along behind them as they head to the door.

"Thank you...for the lunch."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"You're welcome. Thank you for the help." Anacra says.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

"Anything for someone as helpful and lovely as you with such great hospitality," Gearstride said with a bow. She flashed a smile before leaving the house. "We'll be back with your friend."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn gives a final nod, before heading outside. He picks up his shield and lance, and hops up to hover idly while he waits for the rest of his party. He's also assuming somepony else will grab the map Anacra mentioned...

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

I'm just going to assume somebody takes it and boot you all on your way so we can get to this plot thing.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, Gearstride in a retroactive move will grab the map, because Benson themselves forgot about it.

"Come on my loves, we go! To adventure!"
    She high marched out and headed to this vague notion of adventure!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn shakes his head in mild bemusement at Gearstride. He hovers aloft above the group as they set out for adventure and good deeds. "So, looks like we're going to have quite a fight on our hands..." he observes darkly, his expression set. "Who wants to carry the ring? If I can close the distance and get right up to her, I can use my claws to grab onto her and force the ring onto her horn while everypony else runs interference. Alternatively, Miss Foxglove can use her telekinesis to get the ring on the necromancer, while the rest of us keep her protected. Which plan sounds best?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

"...I don't like fighting much...S-so I'll probably be in the back anyway."

Foxglove points out.

"I can still help from there, whatever plan we decide."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Godwyn shakes his head in mild bemusement at Gearstride. He hovers aloft above the group as they set out for adventure and good deeds. "So, looks like we're going to have quite a fight on our hands..." he observes darkly, his expression set. "Who wants to carry the ring? If I can close the distance and get right up to her, I can use my claws to grab onto her and force the ring onto her horn while everypony else runs interference. Alternatively, Miss Foxglove can use her telekinesis to get the ring on the necromancer, while the rest of us keep her protected. Which plan sounds best?"
    "I vote we simply subdue her, then put the ring on her," said Heart. "I was thinking Gearstride, Tweedle, and I could take care of the undead while you go straight for her, since you're the one with an opposable thumb."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

"hey, I myself have quite the maneuverable tongue, hahah...I kid....I kid," The pervy mare laughed, and yes, she was only referring to make outs and nothing more.

"Anyways, yes, we'll subdue her...or I can always try to seduce her ahaha...heh..."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn nods to Heartflight. "Alright. I shall serve as Vanguard and close the distance on her, and do my best to incapacitate her through non-lethal means."

At the mention of seduction, the Paladin acepalms, and pinches the bridge of his beak between two talons. "While trying to talk and reason with her first would be the best option, I think the initial tactic should be simple diplomacy. Show her we don't want to fight, try to figure out why she's doing this, negotiate a peaceful solution... If that makes no progress then sure, you are welcome to try more romantic methods to find a non-violent solution. As long as there's no bloodshed," Godwyn sighs. "Though with our luck, we'll have to fight our way through hordes of undead monsters, just for a chance to talk to her. And by that time, she may not be in much of a socializing mood..."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

"I like Godwyn's plan... It'd be nice if we could bring her back without a fight...And then maybe there'd be ice-cream..."

She drifted off a bit. Fox-glove poked her to get her back on track.

"But it doesn't seem like, if we needed the ring, she'd not let Godwyn put it on her while she's awake..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn gives a sad smile. "It would be nice if this could all conclude with ice cream. Perhaps we will get lucky, and be able to reason with her one way or another."

The Paladin sighs as he hovers along. "If I can get in close to her, I may be able to put the ring on without having to get too violent. While a few hits to the jaw may knock her out, I'd rather not have to resort to brutality. If we can keep her busy or distracted, perhaps I will be able to grab her and wrestle it into place, or otherwise force her into submission without rattling her teeth..." he harrumphs, clearly not keen on the idea of beating the tar out of a mare, evil or not.