New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion XII: One More and Get a Free Deathlord

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Of course, in that particular case, it's just about impossible to fight one without fighting the other. If you fight the Brass Dancer, he's in the City. If you fight the City, it won't take long for the Dancer to get to where you are.

Are there any Yozis who don't wander around inside themselves?
    Several. The River of Crystal Fire for example is often away from She Who Lives in Her Name playing ambassador. Also, I get the feeling that most of them don't keep their souls in their world body.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

So a Jouten, who is the Yozi, can be a person (like the Brass Dancer), a place (like the Endless Desert) or a thing (like SWLiHN) and a Yozi can have as many of these as they want. But the Fetich Soul defines them, and if it is killed they experience the Adrian/Adojan switch. On top of this they have beings that are made out of facets of their personality and beings that are made out of facets of those facets. Am I anywhere near close? And where can I read up on Yozis that don't have their own infernal caste?

EDIT: What's a world body?
    Last edited by lord pringle; 2012-12-16 at 08:31 PM.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

A world body is a body/Jouten that is a world.

Autochthonia, for instance, or the Demon City.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2012-12-16 at 08:37 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    So a Jouten, who is the Yozi, can be a person (like the Brass Dancer), a place (like the Endless Desert) or a thing (like SWLiHN) and a Yozi can have as many of these as they want. But the Fetich Soul defines them, and if it is killed they experience the Adrian/Adojan switch. On top of this they have beings that are made out of facets of their personality and beings that are made out of facets of those facets. Am I anywhere near close? And where can I read up on Yozis that don't have their own infernal caste?

EDIT: What's a world body?
    They have a fixed number of Jouten which are also representations of some part of the nature. The Brass Dancer is the personification of Malfeas love of dancing (its in his excellency). They can be very odd, but most Yozi have at least one that is human shaped. They are called humaniform jouten and are the in setting origin of the human form.

You are right on Fetich souls. Malfeas used to have two which was a big deal. As for the Souls, the corporation analogy is a decent one.

Lets pretend McDonalds was a Yozi. The Brass Dancer is Ronald McDonald, the Third Circle Souls are the major divisions like marketing. Ligier is the Board of Directors. The second circle souls are the franchises. The third circle souls are the employees.

The world body is an entire world which Yozi have which may or may not technically be one of their Jouten. The Demon City is Malfeas.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exthalion View Post
    Lets pretend McDonalds[...]
    ...I'm only posting this because it's Exthalion who said it...but...

"Yet one more reason to never, ever, go to McDonalds. Thanks so much!"

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

How does one determine how many Jouten a Yozi has? Could a Jouten, for instance, be a small town instead or a giant world?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

One determines it by counting them, or asking the Yozi and hoping they'll answer. Each Yozi is vastly different and practically a universe unto themselves.

Jouten can absolutely be whatever size fits.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    One determines it by counting them, or asking the Yozi and hoping they'll answer. Each Yozi is vastly different and practically a universe unto themselves.

Jouten can absolutely be whatever size fits.
    So Yozis have as many Jouten as they have. Interesting.

Where could I read up on the Yozis that aren't focused on in the Infernals book?
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

How does one determine how many Jouten a Yozi has? Could a Jouten, for instance, be a small town instead or a giant world?
    It is theorized by fans that it is related to the number Shintai charms. Malfeas apparently has 13. Besides the Demon City and Brass Dancer, there is apparently a Brass Walled Mausoleum which likely represents his regret over his other fetich or his dead fellows

Edit: Ink Monkey's has a piece on other Yozi such as Qaf the Heaven Violating Sphere.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-12-16 at 08:59 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

Where could I read up on the Yozis that aren't focused on in the Infernals book?
    Generally... you can't. It's very sad.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

It is theorized by fans that it is related to the number Shintai charms. Malfeas apparently has 13. Besides the Demon City and Brass Dancer, there is apparently a Brass Walled Mausoleum which likely represents his regret over his other fetich or his dead fellows

Edit: Ink Monkey's has a piece on other Yozi such as Qaf the Heaven Violating Sphere.
    And the Ebon Dragon apparently has one Jouten, but he has a charm that lets him shapeshift into any shape he can imagine (and he can imagine quite a lot) anyway.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Generally... you can't. It's very sad.
    *Looks at copy of Compass: Malfeas* Sure it's not as much as we have on Reclamation Conspirators but it's still something.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

A Yozi has a single fetich soul but can have an uncountable number of third circle souls.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

If a Fetich Soul dies, does the Yozi get a new one for his new personality?
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. But it's a very different fetich for a different primordial (though their is some continuity between the original primordial and the new one). The Fetich Soul Lilike was killed, and Adrian, the River of All Torments dried up and blew away as Adorjan, the Silent Wind. Some of Adorjans Charms invoke Adrian (For example Fond Remembrance of Adrian in the Broken Winged Crane), and Adorjan remembers the pain she endured in the transition and her life as Adrian, but Adrian was a different person...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomePirate

Yes. But it means that former Yozi dissapears and new one is in it's place ... that thing isn't called Fetich Death for nothing. It's like you were cloned, but there were minor physical characteristics altered. Different mind and body that is only superficially similar.
    Youth and strenght alvays lose to age and treachery.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

No, their entire being implodes into an unbodied essence pool. Then they spend all their essence and create a new fetich soul. Some tend to be very similar, supposedly Ligier the Green Sun will become a Red Sun. Others are apparently very different.

The resulting being is always less than what came before so fetich roulette is not something any Primordial wants to go through.

Also, Primordials can alter their own soul hierarchies (or they can be altered by others) which changes their nature. At the end of the Primordial War the Solars went to down on their defeated enemies to turn them into Yozi. The Aftershock Titan reformatted itself for war. In the Gunstar shard the Solars are turning Autochthon into a war planet.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    A Yozi has a single fetich soul but can have an uncountable number of third circle souls.
    I thought it was (Willpower + Compassion) + Fetich.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I thought it was (Willpower + Compassion) + Fetich.
    I don't recall that, but I haven't read much on the actual yozis. The whole deal with defining them too much, you know?

That said, Devil-Tigers have that many third circle souls. I wouldn't trust the primordial version of that is limited as well.
    But it sure could be. Seconds are relatively limited as well.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Dwarf in the Playground

The basic soul-defining charm, (Yozi) Pantheon Unfurling grants Fetich + Willpower + Highest Virtue.

Therefore the Ebon Dragon gets twelve, the average is likely 15-16, Autocthon's deformity such is that he somehow only gets nine and guys like Malfeas who have up to 23 are likely using a unique charm that builds on Pantheon Unfurling as a prerequisite.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    And the Ebon Dragon apparently has one Jouten, but he has a charm that lets him shapeshift into any shape he can imagine (and he can imagine quite a lot) anyway.
    That's because the Ebon Dragon knows that if he had more than one Jouten, he'd be backstabbing himself all the time to the point where he couldn't spread the misery. love.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Firbolg in the Playground

Adorjan has at least eighteen Third Circle souls, judging by Jacint the Prince Upon the Tower. It's probably one of those things where every Yozi is, in fact, an exception to the rule - they aren't really grouped together by more than the loosest possible terms anyway.

Come to think of it, Adorjan doesn't have a humaniform Jouten that I'm aware of. Or possibly any Jouten at all - it all depends on whether or not you consider wind to be an actual body or not.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Adorjan has at least eighteen Third Circle souls, judging by Jacint the Prince Upon the Tower. It's probably one of those things where every Yozi is, in fact, an exception to the rule - they aren't really grouped together by more than the loosest possible terms anyway.

Come to think of it, Adorjan doesn't have a humaniform Jouten that I'm aware of. Or possibly any Jouten at all - it all depends on whether or not you consider wind to be an actual body or not.
    Pretty sure she has a female figure with a Silver knife who only talks in a whisper.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Also, there is apparently an intermediary category of souls known as Progenitor. A yozi can turn one of the second circles descended from them into a new third, these are known as progenitors and Kimbery has/had one.

Malfeas likely has something like twice the average because he had a second soul pantheon branching out from Ligier as his second fetich. So he sort of turned himself into two Primordials at the same time.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Pretty sure she has a female figure with a Silver knife who only talks in a whisper.
    I was under the impression it was a little girl with razor sharp teeth and a knife who giggles way too much but never speaks.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

And Jade Teeth. Humaniform Adorjan has Jade teeth. And (I would imagine) a pixie haircut.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, there is apparently an intermediary category of souls known as Progenitor. A yozi can turn one of the second circles descended from them into a new third, these are known as progenitors and Kimbery has/had one.
    Debatable. No one has ever seen any proof of a progenitor soul existing, let alone it's transcendence into a new third circle. The very idea is presented as something this one demon claims is true, and that scholars everywhere have tried and failed to actually confirm.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnar View Post
    Debatable. No one has ever seen any proof of a progenitor soul existing, let alone it's transcendence into a new third circle. The very idea is presented as something this one demon claims is true, and that scholars everywhere have tried and failed to actually confirm.
    One has been observed, Kimbery's Dawn. It is the eighth soul of Kimbery's fetich. No one was entirely sure what it was for.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Autochthon could have nine souls by cutting his effective willpower as part of his self-lobotomy.

Adorjan doesn't necessarily need humaniform jouten to have humaniform Adorjans... She has Splintered Gale Shintai which lets her create human bodies, but they aren't Jouten themselves.
    Also, they have very high stats, one Derangement as the core of their being, and can be summoned as a first circle demon... But not bound.
    Spoiler: Quotes Collection
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    I think we can pack it up and move to a different thread. aetherialDawn has won this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuna
    Sufficiently advanced paranoia is indistinguishable from complacency.

Avatar by me - sketch of Skywing.
    Exalted: Scriptures of the Castes PM me suggestions!

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

BRILLIANT.

Yet another reason why Adorjan is my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!