Colossus in the Playground

Default [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six

And thus begins thread six.

Thread 1: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200295
    Thread 2: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216389
    Thread 3: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229171
    Thread 4: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239680
    Thread 5: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post14088810

When we last left off...well, click the link, but suffice to say we had a nice character moment.

I'll hold off on saying how the morning goes, atleast for now, untill Teddy gets a chance to post wheter or not he tries to stay up late for Adalhard's arrival.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six

Juniper reciprocates? Wow.

Anyway, Bast does a few things before going to sleep.

Firstly, swaying a good deal, she takes out one of her cures and stares at it for a while, she proceeds to tie to Teodor's hand with some string. Tell me if I have to roll something for that.

Then she writes a note, which she attaches to it. It is in Primordial.

Spoiler
    Show
    Written, assume regular drunken errors are in it, as I can't be bothered to write those down:

Teo, when you wake up, I want you to force this down my throat. You'll probably be up before me. If I choke, I'll be mad, but just do it anyway. If I'm not awake after that, I also want you to wake me up. Clear?

Secondly, she talks to the pseudodragon:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yoo noctr'nl? An' no lafang 'bout my talkingness ri' now, goddit?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Even while drunk, Bast is deft enough to atleast succed at tying a simple not. It won't stay very easily but it gets the job done.

The pseudodragon seems to chuckle a moment, then lets out a chitter

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Although I am nocturnal to some degree, I've grown accustomed to sleeping at a sensible time. And worry not, I've seen worse. My last compatriot was a wizard."
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-21 at 11:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Spoiler
    Show
    Oooo, Yah, I se h'w thamight be a probelem. Well, thass too bad, butI can deal. When'll you weggup?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oooo, Yah, I se h'w thamight be a probelem. Well, thass too bad, butI can deal. When'll you weggup?
    The pseudodragon chirps at Bast, seemingly excited.

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Likely after you, actually. I've been inspecting your blades, and though they are strong I find they could be a bit...stronger. I've picked up many...talents, one could say. I shall work on your swords, make them stronger. More shall die at thy hands"

6. - Top - End - #6

Spoiler
    Show
    Thassownds wasem. I'd lovat. Bu' firrs... I thin kiy needa nabp...

Bast passes out on the bed.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

While waiting, Elden takes out his book and his writing utensils. On the page on the gloom daisy, he studies the flower, sighs loudly and proceed to append the following word to the title (in elven):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inferior

He'll then write down everything he knows about the five different flowers in the book (I haven't got time to actually spell out what he writes).

When three hours have passed, he'll go into the house, take a piece of charcoal from the fireplace, exit the house again, and walk over to a window to some common area. With the piece of charcoal, he'll write a message in Elven for Adalhard on the glass, leaving letters of glowing embers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You were late, so I had to go to bed. Don't bother with the door, I locked it, enter through this window instead. I had Felix set aside a room for the two of you.
    Following is a set of instructions on how to get to the room.

/Elden

Then he'll go to bed. The letters should be non-damaging to the glass and hopefully last for most of the night
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Although I can think of numerous reasons as to why it would be a bad idea to instruct him to break in through the window, I'm not going to stop you since it is hilarious.

And with that done, night passes and everyone goes to sleep. You regain all your used powers and healing surges and hp and go back to one action point
    ----------------------------

Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You finish trancing, and find that Ilya is in a state of half trance, half sleep, but you're confident that you can wake her up now.

----------------------------

Note: Everything in this section, after Adalhard's, is two hours after Adalhard's due to time shinanigans.

Carric:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although you felt totally fine before bed, and after waking up feel completely fine, your sleep is plagued by a rather bad nightmare. At first it starts like the last time you drunk wine. Moon blinking into a wolf eye, the howl, claws rending the moon.

This time however you see a non destroyed wine bottle, sitting atop a long table, infront of you. Then you hear the distinct twang of an arrow, and the bottle explodes. You hear it thunk, not into wood or ground as you, for some reason, expect, but instead into flesh. You hear a scream and see blood drip down the table mixed with red wine. Then you wake up.

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awake to Teodor reading a book next to you, an empty bottle of Adalhard's syringa in your mouth. You feel a touch of somber sadness, but nothing massive.

Juniper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wake up before Felix. Just saying.

Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing special just didn't wanna leave you out
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-22 at 02:02 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard takes a vial of the Syringa and infuses it with all of the leftover Arcane Energies he had from the day before, he let's the mist that surrounds him condensate inside and slightly pudinify the solution. He cuts a small line on his left hand with Schandenfreude and lets his blood flow slightly into it.

Without waking up Ilya he carries her from the waist and sits her on his shoulders while she half rests.

If they are awake he thanks the Clerics/Revenants of the Raven Queen, otherwise he leaves a small note with an Ice Lilac thanking them for everything.

Once outside he draws on the walls with a layer of ice. Images of lilacs and the mark of Schnefeldstil weaved throughout the stems and vines of ice as the drawing, at times it tridimensionalises and comes out to a frozen flower or a hand holding a lilac.

When Ilya wakes he'll greet her while smiling with a soft:

"My sweet lilac, I hope your new faculties are as adequate as the sleep of those who do not bear the blood of the fey. Drink this, I hope my blood is not to sweet nor cold for your taste or we'd be in dire need of a talk."

Adalhard hands her the vial of Syringa and keeps walking with her as the ice sculpts on the walls and the mists dashes around Adalhard and Ilya.

He looks for a tailor, if only for a changing room.

"My dear deer of winter, two days remain, it is time for us to don the proper attire of those in remembrance, a colour of joy for those who have already gone beyond the waters of life for their spirit is eventual in its meeting with the Platinum Dragon. The white dress we acquired yesterday is yours to stylish, I shall myself keep my appearance to what is proscribed as well."

After properly outfitting himself and Ilya, Adalhard will walk with Ilya by the hand (on consideration of her wearing a dress now) unto a bakery where he'll acquire a basket of bread with a serving of necessary breakfast requirements. On the way he'll explain to Ilya on the basic procedure of the flow and control of ice and produce an ice lilac from the mist surrounding him and place it on her hair.

"As long as our blood runs through our veins, this is the ice that shan't melt.

If they ask, we shall only tell them we remained late at the Cathedral and for prudence remained there."

He gives the basket to Ilya for her to hold.

"Almacia is ours, it tinges to the magic in you, if you ever feel the need of freeing the energy already welled inside you, doubt not in calling for it so that you may channel a frozen infinity on that which threatens you. The drake is a beast of evil, guard well your mind against it."

As they approach Felix house Adalhard will try to detect any arcane disturbances nearby or anything suspicious.
    Arcana Check - (1d20+17)[5](22)
    Perception - (1d20+2)[11](13)
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-22 at 02:26 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard takes a vial of the Syringa and infuses it with all of the leftover Arcane Energies he had from the day before, he let's the mist that surrounds him condensate inside and slightly pudinify the solution. He cuts a small line on his left hand with Schandenfreude and lets his blood flow slightly into it.

Without waking up Ilya he carries her from the waist and sits her on his shoulders while she half rests.

If they are awake he thanks the Clerics/Revenants of the Raven Queen, otherwise he leaves a small note with an Ice Lilac thanking them for everything.

Once outside he draws on the walls with a layer of ice. Images of lilacs and the mark of Schnefeldstil weaved throughout the stems and vines of ice as the drawing, at times it tridimensionalises and comes out to a frozen flower or a hand holding a lilac.

When Ilya wakes he'll greet her while smiling with a soft:

"My sweet lilac, I hope your new faculties are as adequate as the sleep of those who do not bear the blood of the fey. Drink this, I hope my blood is not to sweet nor cold for your taste or we'd be in dire need of a talk."

Adalhard hands her the vial of Syringa and keeps walking with her as the ice sculpts on the walls and the mists dashes around Adalhard and Ilya.

He looks for a tailor, if only for a changing room.

"My dear deer of winter, two days remain, it is time for us to don the proper attire of those in remembrance, a colour of joy for those who have already gone beyond the waters of life for their spirit is eventual in its meeting with the Platinum Dragon. The white dress we acquired yesterday is yours to stylish, I shall myself keep my appearance to what is proscribed as well."

After properly outfitting himself and Ilya, Adalhard will walk with Ilya by the hand (on consideration of her wearing a dress now) unto a bakery where he'll acquire a basket of bread with a serving of necessary breakfast requirements. On the way he'll explain to Ilya on the basic procedure of the flow and control of ice and produce an ice lilac from the mist surrounding him and place it on her hair.

"As long as our blood runs through our veins, this is the ice that shan't melt.

If they ask, we shall only tell them we remained late at the Cathedral and for prudence remained there."

He gives the basket to Ilya for her to hold.

"Almacia is ours, it tinges to the magic in you, if you ever feel the need of freeing the energy already welled inside you, doubt not in calling for it so that you may channel a frozen infinity on that which threatens you. The drake is a beast of evil, guard well your mind against it."

As they approach Felix house Adalhard will try to detect any arcane disturbances nearby or anything suspicious.
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The clerics of the Raven Queen thank you, for one.

When Ilya awakes she takes the vial and drinks it, saying "T-thank you. I'm feeling much better now."

She listens with intent to your lessons, and (with some minor fuss) lets you dress her up all fancy.

Finally, you don't see or feel anything suspicious, but you DO see Elden's writing. You're also pretty sure that by now the party is probably waking up by this point.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard let's the writings on his body flow freely until they cover Ilya, the runic circles unmaking into lines that reform into a single drawing which encapsulates both.

Adalhard whispers to Ilya in Elven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Now, we move along the flow of the Feywild, atop the very lines once wrought through existence itself, we make the universe bend space to our will, we cross through every single point in existence until we arrive at that which we need.

We Fey Step."

He Fey Steps alongside her inside and sets the table nicely for breakfast, and on an empty glass he produces a set of frozen flowers which he places as a centrepiece.

If no one is yet awake he'll clean whatever is left from the night before with Ilya's help.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-22 at 02:44 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

12. - Top - End - #12

bufferbuffer

Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There isn't much to clean, but I'm sure Felix will appreciate it. No one is up yet, though, so I guess we wait.

And that's it for Adalhard for now~

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Although I can think of numerous reasons as to why it would be a bad idea to instruct him to break in through the window, I'm not going to stop you since it is hilarious.
    He's an Eladrin. He can teleport. Windows, per definition, do not block line of sight. 2+2.

Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    He's an Eladrin. He can teleport. Windows, per definition, do not block line of sight. 2+2.

Well yes

15. - Top - End - #15

In the room:

Spoiler
    Show
    Bast groans.

Hi Teo. Varus, I'm glad I get to skip today's litte round of crazy. I think that would've...

Bast trials off as a full-blown hangover hits her in the face, as well as a memories of last night.

Bast sticks her head under the pillow and wraps an arm around Teodor.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

In the room:

Spoiler
    Show
    Bast groans.

Hi Teo. Varus, I'm glad I get to skip today's litte round of crazy. I think that would've...

Bast trials off as a full-blown hangover hits her in the face, as well as a memories of last night.

Bast sticks her head under the pillow and wraps an arm around Teodor.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
    Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What's Varus? Just curious

Anyway, Teodor will chuckle a bit "Had a bit too much to drink, did you? What happened this time?"

17. - Top - End - #17

Spoiler
    Show
    Primordial swearword, close to 'Jesus' in a society that has a Christian impact on people. No actual religious connotations.

Mmgnf. Lost all ability to talk.

An' I lost the contest.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Spoiler
    Show
    Primordial swearword, close to 'Jesus' in a society that has a Christian impact on people. No actual religious connotations.

Mmgnf. Lost all ability to talk.

An' I lost the contest.
    Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't worry about it. It was close. And atleast you didn't look as bad as me"

19. - Top - End - #19

Juniper, waking before Felix, dresses, and then draws Sonatina. Gently twirling the sword, he produces a soft, cheerful violin melody.

See the sunlight's early ray
    Kiss the morning dew
    Night's dark curtain pulls away
    From the skies of blue
    See the dawn of a bright new day
    Hope springs forth anew
    By this light I'll find the way
    Yes, I will find you.

As he sings, a soft ray of light shines down from the window like a gentle sunbeam upon Felix's sleeping form.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

20. - Top - End - #20

Shortly after Juniper finishs his song, Felix wakes up. She smiles at Juniper "Thank you. That was a nice song. Where did you learn it?" she asks.
    --------------------

Everyone in the house, you hear the faint sound of music. Since you're all except maybe Elden awake by now, it's quite interesting.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-22 at 09:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

My mother taught it to me, when I was younger. It's a traditional elven song. Juniper smiles. Come, Felix. The others should be waking soon.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

22. - Top - End - #22

"Yha, lets go" Felix smiles back. She gets dressed as well, and I presume Juniper and Felix head down stairs.
    ---------------------

Downstairs, in the dining room, they see an interesting site. What was left of last night's dinner has been cleaned up, and in it's place is a beautiful breakfast spread of bread and butter. In the middle is an empty glass with a frozen flower shaped ice sculpture inside. Sitting at the table is Adalhard and Ilya, who are dressed quite differently then normal.

Adalhard wears a button through, white, double breasted tailcoat with a grey edging to it. The neck folded softly and going around as if he was wearing a cape.

A cravat is held in place by a brooch with the shape of a raven of silverish glow and a translucent diamond in the centre; it opens symmetrically, at first into two wide strokes and then progressively upon pleats which shorten in width towards the centre.

His cuffs are also lined with a grey edging and end upon silken white gloves with a metallic backing to it, with two small feathery wings rising from the inside.

He is completely clad in spotless white, his hair of the same colour as his clothing, his right eye covered by a black cloth eyepatch lined with a symbol reassembling an S and encircled by arcane writings which match the lilac markings on his face. This alongside the blue markings on his left side are the only colour in his whole self excepting his cold green eye.

By comparison Ilya's attire is equally coloured and formal but seems more loose. It comprises of a white blouse underneath a princess sleeved light grey polonaise. Her lighter grey overskirt is underneath the polonaise and opens like 5 petals around except at the front where laces close it with glimpses of a proper white underskirt which is only visible as it opens all around on the floor. It is marked with a letter identical to Adalhard's marking on his eyepatch on the centre of each of the openings of the overskirt and embroided in silver.

Her cuffs escape the polonaise and reveal the blouse ends in three layers of rolled pleats. Beyond this point delicate white silken gloves start with small feathered wings start and end on her right hand on a golden ring with an engraved lilac amethyst which bears the before mentioned symbol.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Carric, having woken up slightly before Juniper's song, heads up to the dining room. He holds his hand to his forehead and closes his eyes, not as though he has a headache, but as though trying to remember something.

"I had this really weird dream last night." Upon seeing Adalhard and Ilya, he says, "Wow, Adalhard. You look... different."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

"The northern custom is to don an outfit as white as the snow under which a loved one lies when approaching the date of the passing. As much as I loath civilian clothing I can survive in it for the two remaining days.

What was your dream about?"
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-22 at 09:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well it was similar to the vision of sorts I saw the last time I drank that wine: the moon transformed into the eye of a wolf, and then I heard a howl, and the moon-eye was shredded by claws. But then I saw a bottle of wine, sitting on a table, and I hear an arrow being shot. The bottle explodes, and then there was a scream and blood and wine was dripping down the table," Carric explains.

"Whose passing are you remembering?"
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

26. - Top - End - #26

I should note, it's around the time Carric gave the information about his dream that Juniper and Felix come down. And there is materials for both tea AND coffee, lucky you.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-22 at 10:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

"My wife's, in two days it shall be 20 years from the moment I held her bleeding in my arms and her soul went to Bahamut's grace."

Adalhard briefly looks down and pauses.

"Do you know if any of the symbols in it mean something? The only thing coming to mind is it being a hint towards your besting of The Wolf in combat, not fighting him with swords but to an archery contest, but it seems far-fetched. Perhaps to get him severely drunk before challenging him, or doing so at night?

The other option would be a past episode, perhaps it involves one of your past life's co-lieutenants... do you by any chance remember The Rhino's weapons of choice?."

Adalhard stands up and looks for a teapot.

"Oh, I forgot, would you rather have tea, or coffee?"

(1d20+16)[18](34)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm sorry to hear about your wife," Carric says, then pauses.

"The Rhino's weapon of choice was a warhammer, not a bow, if that's what you were thinking of," Carric replies, "I would prefer tea, thank you."

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post

[roll0]
    As said, you can find both a teapot and a coffee pot.

As for your roll...

Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're not sure what it could be. As of right now, what comes to mind in regards to normal dreamology, is that you'd assume the moon, turning into an eye of the wolf, is meant to show one's true, inner self. The claw slashing it away would be symbolic of yourself destroying it. Essentialy, refusing to be who you are. The wine bottle represents something Carric likes, assuming he likes wine. The arrow destroying it is another variant of the said claws, though in this case meant to represent that it is someone else destroying it.

However, since Carric's a unique case, you're not sure this is 100% correct for him

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalhard makes a cup of tea for Carric.

"That leaves us with either mythology or oneirology. In terms of myths, those symbols aren't really coherent together, unless they refer to myths outside of elven lore which I am ignorant off. The wolf being the Lone Star, which is... Theolon in elven, and, the bottle breaking being, at least for us in the northern reaches of the Feywild, a bad omen; we try to keep the bottles intact as reminders of those with whom it was spent, you only destroy it when you wish for those memories to perish.

In terms of oneirology it may be the destruction of the previous self, the ripping of The Wolf into you. Perhaps the destruction of the wine bottle being related to enological episodes is meant to be the destruction of such pleasure by someone else.

But this is all ramblings, so most of it is just probably me over-thinking it."

Adalhard serves Carric the cup with a plate and sits.

"Thanks, funny thing is, our anniversary would have been tomorrow."

Adalhard smiles.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-10-22 at 10:27 PM.