New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2274243444546474849505152
Results 1,531 to 1,551 of 1551
  1. - Top - End - #1531
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard tries to find any establishment with it.
    Arcana Check - (1d20+19)[3](22)
    History Check - (1d20+16)[10](26)
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #1532
    Colossus in the Playground

Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It occurs to you that the Helm of Seven Death's is not some hedge wizard level enchantment, and you realize that it'd be rather difficult to find one. They're relatively old, and rare, creations after all.

You do have some theories of where you might be able to find it, but it'd require finding a Cult of Vecna, and those are relatively hard to find (shockingly, people who follow the secret keeper are good at hiding).

3. - Top - End - #1533
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, ok.

Also, Elden still has 3487.6 gp (each one has 6231,63 gp as share) [they both have been traversing the markets and at some point they must have crossed each other's path and Adalhard given Elden the money].
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nope, not a single gold piece. Or rather, he has 30 gold pieces because I derped up my mathematics, but no more. He has 35 platinum pieces, however, meaning that he has 3530.6 gp worth of capital, of which 6 sp were private assets, but that's it.

Also, you're off in your calculations: Everyone should have a share 6274 gp, with 5.8 gp left as unsplit assets.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-02-20 at 04:50 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1534
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard returns to the Cathedral and politely inquires about Cults of Vecna in the area.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

5. - Top - End - #1535

Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The priest looks at you rather puzzledly "I...can't say I know of any, no. Though I wish I did, those who worship the God of Undeath are opposed to us. I'll keep my ears open and send you a message if I find anything, however"

6. - Top - End - #1536
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard thanks him and inquires with the redeemed Caissans about the presence of any Vecnan cult or group and the item.

7. - Top - End - #1537

Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They all say they don't have any real knowledge of Vecna. Except for the Thri Kreen. He mentions something that piques your interest. He recalls, before he left his homeland to journey to the main continent, which is where he fell into the Shadowfell, he heard rumors of a skull headed warrior who's blade sucked out souls of those he fought. The rumors claim he was huge, and slay various Sultan's and their retinue of warriors, and then leave without a care in the world. But he's always just dismissed these as rumors, for the most part.

As a clarification on some stuff, the Thri Kreen come from a desert island to the eastish of the main continent. Kenku (raven people if you're unfamiliar) come from there as well, and have their own little sociaty of Sultans and what not. The Thri Kreen are more nomadic and barbarian/Mongol esque, due to their insectoid nature.

8. - Top - End - #1538
    Ettin in the Playground

Carric
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard asks Carric about the Helm of Seven Deaths and gives him his share of the loot (6231,6 gp).
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-02-20 at 05:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1539
    Ogre in the Playground

Market
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I recall seeing something like that before, but it did not have any gems. It was in the hands of Valindrel."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

10. - Top - End - #1540
    Ettin in the Playground

Carric:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Thanks.

By any chance, do you recall a place by the name of Blackrock Mount?"

11. - Top - End - #1541
    Ogre in the Playground

Market
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't recognize it. Maybe it has something to do with Blackwater Marsh?"
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

12. - Top - End - #1542
    Ettin in the Playground

Carric:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I did some research on the area around the Blackwater Marsh; I believe the exact point of the fissure between planes where the Boneyard lies is in Blackrock Mountain.

If I'm correct and we could be gated to that point; we could save days of overland travel, threats on the road by the Fell Court, the issues of being tracked by the Lich or being found on Balckwater Marshes. On the other hand, every time I or Elden have tried to find any way to optimise our proceedings the results have been less than ideal bordering on the catastrophic.

I would't put it past my luck that the portal would throw is into the Far Realm or that the location was several kilometres on the direction opposite.

I was just looking to confirm if that location was indeed the correct spot.

Are you going to be acquiring further gear?"

13. - Top - End - #1543
    Ogre in the Playground

Market
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I haven't found any items I'm interested in."

14. - Top - End - #1544
    Ettin in the Playground

Market:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Shopkeepers are selling us equipment at fractional prices, I doubt we'll get similar deals later on.

Worst case a pair of Iron Armbands of Power and the Gauntlets of Blood provide a rather solid added level of lethality to you; maybe an Elven Chain Shirt to get added mileage from your armour. It should run around 4676gp, 2200 gp less than at market price; and they remain relevant until around the time we'll be fighting Elder Wyrms.

I'm going to try to find Elden and go with him to Ledia's house to discuss the geographical tactics we should be adhering to and probably also to look for climbing gear considering a few sp here may save us several pp from lost limbs later on. Want to come along? We could use your input in regard to your knowledge of localities and any expertise or experience you have in sorting highland terrains."

[One is a flat +2 to damage and the other one is a +2 to damage when the enemy is bloodied. The Elven Chain Shirt is a slotless +1 to AC
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-02-20 at 06:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1545
    Ogre in the Playground

Market
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I must have missed the armbands and gauntlets. Where were they?"

After Adalhard points the way, Carric purchases a pair of each for a total of 1848 gp.

"Now let's head to Ledia's."

16. - Top - End - #1546
    Ettin in the Playground

Market:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard looks for Elden and informs him about the Blackrock Mountaing being the Boneyard place Hypothesis. Also asks him to come along to Ledia's.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-02-20 at 06:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1547
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Market:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard looks for Elden and informs him about the Blackrock Mountaing being the Boneyard place Hypothesis. Also asks him to come along to Ledia's.
    At the market:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, Elden has been trying to stay close to Carric in order to not get separated, and since his shopping round should take less time than Adalhard's curch visit, I think he should've been hanging around during the entire conversation. Don't worry, I'll ignore the lines about finding him.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1548

Markets:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok then! You guys head off to the Ashborn inn!

You enter, and you see that the place is quite lively, for a bar in the Shadowfell. People of all sorts, from guards to civilians, sit around. Some eat, most drink, and it generally has an ok atmosphere. Standing at the bar counter is a portly, balding man wearing the standard type of clothing you'd assume for someone in his line of work. He's currently polishing a mug. "Welcome. Don't get many elves here, specially them magical ones. What can I do yah for?" he asks.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-02-21 at 09:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1549
    Ettin in the Playground

Market:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good Day. Is the guest in Room 12 currently in the inn?"

20. - Top - End - #1550

Ashborn Inn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Room 12? Ah, yes, that's that paladin. Just missed her. Before that big ruckus started at Lord Jarod's manner, some girl came in her and shouted it was time to go. Fore I could ask her what happened, they rushed up to her room, and when I went to check, nothing was there"

I think this is a good place to cut the thread and post the new one. I shall do so.

21. - Top - End - #1551