New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six

Adalhard goes to fetch Ilya the moment the speech ends.
    He does a short bow and prompts Ilya to do the same.

"I am Adalhard; and she is my daughter, Alexandra Ilyasviel."
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Ilya bows politely "Hello"

Commander Theolon gives a little bow as well, smiling "Ah, Adalhard. You look shorter then I'd imagined" He also seems to be sizing Adalhard up as he does so.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-04 at 05:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

"A good fall when I was younger, shrunk me by a whole foot.

Is there a chance we could move this conversation to a less exposed place?"
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #154

Commander Theolon laughs at Adalhard's joke, then says "Unfortunately, no. However, you have my word, as 'exposed' as this place may appear, we're safer here then anywhere else in the city. At the very least we can step down from the stage, however"

He then leads the party off the stage, closer to where you guys were originally standing (and where Felix currently IS standing).

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

So, how much do you actually know of the events that transpired?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    So, how much do you actually know of the events that transpired?
    "I know that the innkeeper had Cult of Caissa members staying there, and my sources say that they provided the seeds for yesterdays little chaos" Commander Theolon answers, holding out a hand towards Elden in greeting.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sorry for interrupting, but that suit of armour you are donning is absolutely amazing. It resembles dwarven craft, but it seems quite old, perhaps more so than the Thousand Year King himself. The pieces respond to quite an older aesthetic than those of modern craftmanship, they respond to the bone rather than flesh.

It also seems you honour your name in both suit and sword. If I may ask, is she named?"

8. - Top - End - #158

"Apologies accepted, Adalhard. It's name is Vargensbrand. It has served me well. And yes, my armor is quite ancient. I'm surprised you noticed, as well as I am that you recall such an old name. Pray tell, how do you know of such a thing?" Commander Theolon answers

Carric:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recall that Vargensbrand is old, ooold elven for "Wolf's fire"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-04 at 08:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Elden shakes the commander's hand.

With all respect to your sources, and to a good story, I think you owe the late innkeeper an acquitance, if not in public, then at least in private. As far as I gathered, he was loyal to you until the end, and on top of that, the Caissans were disguised, so he probably wasn't even aware of who they were before they ambushed us.

Also, "Fire of the Wolf" (which is what the name says in Swedish)? Yeah, I'm just going ignore any less far-fetched explanation for the novelty of being able to pronounciate the name in my own language. Even though the 's' makes it a bit unwieldy...

Show

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Elden shakes the commander's hand.

With all respect to your sources, and to a good story, I think you owe the late innkeeper an acquitance, if not in public, then at least in private. As far as I gathered, he was loyal to you until the end, and on top of that, the Caissans were disguised, so he probably wasn't even aware of who they were before they ambushed us.

Also, "Fire of the Wolf" (which is what the name says in Swedish)? Yeah, I'm just going ignore any less far-fetched explanation for the novelty of being able to pronounciate the name in my own language. Even though the 's' makes it a bit unwieldy...
    ...right, forgot you were Swedish. Blame Google Translate for any unwieldiness, I was going for "Wolf's Fire". Either way, none of you would know that in character, so sush

Anyway, Commander Theolon shakes Elden's hand and says "Well then. Do you know who it is that caused it, then?"

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

"That'd be me. I did not properly gauge the growth capacity of two specimens and failed to account for magnifying circumstances which allowed the plants to reach the critical growth threshold.

In regards to your inquiries, the age is notable in the design, it is perhaps as old if not older than the surnames of the Fey Courts; it seems quite similar in spirit to Evgeny Seantúr's armour, so I took it to be around that era if not even earlier.

I devoted a good part of my age to the study of eladrin lineages, and when one regresses enough one returns to elven lines. It is also helped by the name holding a relatively consistent meaning since its origin; astronomy hardly tends to change on that side thankfully. But perhaps I cheat."
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-04 at 09:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ...right, forgot you were Swedish. Blame Google Translate for any unwieldiness, I was going for "Wolf's Fire". Either way, none of you would know that in character, so sush
    Well, you got what you were looking for (except for it being "the Wolf's Fire"), but if you want it to roll nicely off my tongue, I suggest "Vargabrand" instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Anyway, Commander Theolon shakes Elden's hand and says "Well then. Do you know who it is that caused it, then?"

Suffice to say, yes. But before we go further into this, who was your informant on this subject?

EDIT:
    Steamrolled by Adalhard. And it's to late for me anyway (a quarter to 4 in the morning), so no suitable edit either. 'Night!
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-04 at 09:43 PM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Firbolg in the Playground

First thing I thought at that line of convo was" Ooh! Vargabond!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

I'm totally ok with it being THE Wolf's Fire, so Vargensbrand it stays.

Also, Moony! Don't forget to introduce yourself to him!

Anyway, after Adalhard says it was his fault, Commander Theolon's face gets a rather stern expression, and he says "Well then. I...hope you had a good reason for endangering our city. I can't be TOO harsh, I doubt any one could have expected it to become so monstrous. Even I haven't seen a plant that large."

He then takes a deep breath, and turns to Bast, Teodor, and Carric, the last of the party to introduce themselves.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-04 at 10:07 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

biggrin Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six

"A miscalculation in the formation of a partial retardant to the Shadowfell's effects.

Are you native to the Shadowfell? Not many would come to this plane to start a crusade."
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-04 at 10:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    "A miscalculation in the formation of a partial retardant to the Shadowfell's effects.

Are you native to the Shadowfell? Not many would come to this plane to start a crusade."
    Commander Theolon's expression softens somewhat "Ah. Good to know you had good intentions, at least. Just be more careful next time...the Shadowfell does not often give you a second chance. And no, I'm not from here. One day I found myself here, and simply did what I felt was right."
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-04 at 10:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Insight:
    (1d20+7)[7](14)
    History - Elven Nations at the time of the Lich
    (1d20+16)[19](35)

18. - Top - End - #168

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Insight:
    [roll0]
    History - Elven Nations at the time of the Lich
    [roll1]
    Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You don't detect anything bad from Commander Theolon's words. He seems very sincere.

As for the history, tell me what it is you're actually looking for so I can actually answer.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The name of likely nations for an elven birth at the time of the Lich.

I mean of course the name they had at the time and not what they are actually called today.

20. - Top - End - #170

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The name of likely nations for an elven birth at the time of the Lich.

I mean of course the name they had at the time and not what they are actually called today.
    Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even with such a fantastic roll, you're not 100% sure. He could of been born anywhere, people don't tend to keep records from THAT long ago. You're best guess is that he was born somewhere in the heart of the Elven nation, which still stands to this day. I don't really have a name for Elven nation yet, but back then it was known as The Heartwooded Cities, since the Elves built their homes as part of the forest.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

"Where you perhaps born in the Heartwooded Cities?"

22. - Top - End - #172

"Yes, though I must say, why do you ask?" Commander Theolon answers.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"Because it is an honour meeting someone from such locality, possibly one of the last survivors."

24. - Top - End - #174

Commander Theolon smiles politely at Adalhard. "Well, thank you. But I take it you mean more then you say"

At this point Teodor, who's finished sizing Commander Theolon up, puts out his hand. "Name's Teodor. He didn't say it, but the elf over there is Elden". Commander Theolon shakes his hand and says "Thank you. I had a feeling that was the case"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

"I do. I am tempted to ask for the herbal recipe of such a wonderful anti-aging concoction, many eladrin noblewomen would pay considerable amounts for it."

26. - Top - End - #176

Commander Theolon laughs for a moment, then after he has finished, he says "Yes, but I presume most would rather not go through what I have. Let's not beat around the bush, shall we. I already know Felix knows, although she's not one to let her knowledge of it loose, even to me. Please, pray tell, what is my secret, Adalhard?"

At his words, Felix looks away a moment, and shuffles over to stand a little behind Juniper.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-04 at 11:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Juniper gives Felix a comforting squeeze on the arm, maintaining a confident posture.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

"You are older than you look most definitely; other than that, it is not for me to say."

Adalhard looks towards the hooded party member.

29. - Top - End - #179

Bast proffers her hand.

Halfcrescent. Of course, you already know part of my family. Consider her my opposite, you'll get the picture.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Bast proffers her hand.

Halfcrescent. Of course, you already know part of my family. Consider her my opposite, you'll get the picture.
    Commander Theolon shakes Bast's hands "Ah, Felix's sister. Bast, was it?" he then sizes Bast up, much like how he did Adalhard.