New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six

(And now for the big unveiling!)

Carric simply draws back his hood. Looking the Commander in the eyes, he says, "Hello, my name is Carric Theolon."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Commander Theolon just stares at Carric for a moment, before putting out his hand "Well then. I hope your explanation is a good one, because otherwise I don't know what the hell I'm looking at. Other then myself, obviously.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Well... Say, do the name "Valindrell" ring any bells to you?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184

"It does, and I had gathered from Adalhard's little hints that you all knew about my...connections, with him"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Carric shakes his hand. "Remember when you were kicked in the head by our friend Arcturus Silimun, and ended up here?"
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

6. - Top - End - #186

Commander Theolon laughs, and says "Haha, yes, right. You're saying he did more then just nearly kill me with that?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, quite a bit more."

8. - Top - End - #188

"What exactly happened, then?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it seems that sometimes when people enter the Shadowfell, a part of them may randomly split off. According to Felix, it's not terribly rare.

So when you got kicked into this plane, I came into existence."

10. - Top - End - #190

"Interesting. Do you...know what I know?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not, actually. I only know what has happened to me since I... was born, if that's the correct term."

12. - Top - End - #192

"Seems correct, at any rate. So, I take it one of the reasons you're here is to see about...well, remembering?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, that is correct. I imagine that I have quite a bit to learn... remember... whatever. At this moment I'm more concerned with trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm talking to myself, face to face." Carric smiles slightly at that last sentence.
    Last edited by Ranger Mattos; 2012-11-05 at 12:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

Commander Theolon smiles back "Don't worry, on that point you're not alone. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how we'd go about getting your memories back."

He then stops to think for a moment, and asks "And by the way, how did you learn his name? Valindrel's name is old knowledge, it'd be quite difficult to find it"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

"A raven told us."
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

16. - Top - End - #196

Commander Theolon thinks it over for a moment, then says "And what did this raven tell you, exactly? What does she want with me?"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Elden raises an eyebrow.
    What she wants? You say it as if the Raven Queen is specifically out to get you. Why would that be?

Insight check: (1d20+14)[20]

Show

18. - Top - End - #198

"I'd imagine it has something to do with my past. You probably already know this, but yes, I was a servent of Valindrel. Emphasis on was. I don't know what it is she would want for with me, be it good or ill, which was what I was trying to learn when I asked."

Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can tell he's annoyed at Adalhard for beating around the bush, being vague and mysterious when he just wants a straight answer, but aside from that he seems to be sincere.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

She only ever said one sentence regarding you: "Sniff him out and stop his plot", so you probably understand why we're approaching the subject with trepidation, seeing how little we knew of who you are. She also said that you hold one of Valindrell's phylacteries, which is what we seek.

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And Elden wishes Adalhard would've been a bit less liberal with what he discloses. Especially when we're talking to the person whose plot we've been told to stop...

Show

20. - Top - End - #200

"I don't know what she could be talking about, but as for Valindrell's phylactery...I do, infact, have a piece of it. If you're searching for it, I can only assume the worst has happened, yes?"

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed. Arcturus' decendant dug into it but a few days ago. Valindrell is currently holding residence in Barricade where he's opened up a portal to the Far Realm, but he didn't seem very active. I think he's waiting for something...

Show

22. - Top - End - #202

"He's likely checking to see if his former servants are still alive. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to contact me yet. So you six are hunting throughout the planes, looking for the pieces of his phylactery? Interesting choice, taking on the Shadowfell first"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-05 at 05:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Our mission is urgent, sir. We don't have time to be picky. We need the phylactery, and anything you may know about Valindrell, if you will help us. Please, can we go somewhere more discreet?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm also rather interested in which of the two of you would rise victorious in a friendly bout."
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

25. - Top - End - #205

"This place is discreet enough, no one is watching. I'd gladly give you the phylactery, if I could" Commander Theolon begins, taking off his right hand gauntlet. On the back of his hand, embeded in it, is a relatively large triangular shape. (sorry to break immersion but the best example I can give is that it's shaped like a pizza slice). The shard glows with a grayish white light. "This is one of the pieces. If I recall he called it a Planar Shard. I've never seen his phylactery in one piece, but from my understanding, each piece must be brought together. Unfortunately for you all, removing this will likely kill me." He stops, and takes a deep breath "However, when my work here is done, as it soon will be thanks to you six, I will give it to you"

He then turns to Adalhard, smirking a bit "Although that would be interesting, I'm afraid that'll be out of the question."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Firbolg in the Playground

Why would it kill you?

Arcana: (d20+10)[14]
    Insight: (d20+9)[29]

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

"The Caissan King is probably not the last one able to rise to their top and Jarod is very much alive and probably will remain there until his eventual death which is not likely soon; not to mention Asterion and outliers are still very much healthy while it is the Draugen the one having to deal with internal betrayals apart from external threats.

What are you implying you will send us to do which will suddenly reverse this all?"
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-11-05 at 05:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

If you wonder why we ended up here, it's not because of choice, but rather the outcome of a desperate charge on your former employer after he'd managed to open the portal. He beat us all, scantly surprising, but the work of Pelor drew us here instead of to our graves. This was simply the best place to start looking in after that.

Say, do you know where any of the other phylactery pieces could be found, or did Valindrell leave you in the dark about them?
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-05 at 05:37 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Why would it kill you?

Arcana: [roll0]
    Insight: [roll1]
    "It's like Adalhard implied. I've been alive for much, much longer than I should be. This Planar Shard keeps me alive." he answers

Juniper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're fairly certain he's being truthfull, and although you're not 100% sure (you don't even know what a Planar Shard IS) you don't doubt it could do what he says it can.

Also, you can tell Felix appreciates the concern.

To Adalhard, Commander Theolon says "The Cult of Caissa is organizing their forces in one area, planning an attack. I will take the entire force of Draugen, and launch a pre emptive strike. My hope is that you six will head to the Caissan headquarters and take their King. He leads from the back, safely behind his honour guard. But I'm positive that you'll be able to take him out. Without their leader, the Caissan's will be thrown into disarray, easy pickings for us. The remaining factions in the city are strong, but nothing Felix won't be able to handle when I pass it on to her"

Felix looks a little sad after that last comment, and squeezes Juniper's arm back.

Finally, to Elden, Commander Theolon says "Unfortunately, no, I don't know of where the other pieces would be"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-05 at 06:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

"Carric, is there something similar behind your glove as well?"