Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 82
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    As a way to start the day, getting attacked by tunnel people has to be one of the worst ways to do it.

    A few months ago, an explorer found a promising tangle of conduits down the maintenance access of one of the drive shafts. When tapped, they proved to be full of fresh water and nutrient slurry. Food prices in the Tireless Cog Tribe being what they are, prospectors soon set up camp nearby. Once a camp was set up, that brought in others to supply the slurry miners needs. Tailors, smiths, cooks, and others were now turning what was a mining camp into a small village. Not everyone is from the Tireless Cog Tribe. Fortune seekers, some from as far away as the Echoing Vault Tribe, have come to take advantage of the strike.

    That, of course, explains why you are out here. What it doesn't explain is why a dozen brutish tunnel people came screaming out of the darkness today. Bellowing war cries and swinging pieces of chain, metal bars, and jagged pieces of tubing, the tunnel people set upon the villagers and started killing them without warning.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "Wait, there's no need for this! Just explain what you want and..."

    My voice trails off as I realize that talking will accomplish nothing. And so, reluctantly, I pick up my club and go to beat off the tunnel people.

    I'm a Stonebearer now, after all, so I suppose it's my duty to protect the tribe.

    (How should I roll dice?)

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    When the screaming started, Diemut had been trying the new armour she bought. Nothing fancy, just a buff-jacket. The weight would take some getting use too. Unfortunatly, there wasn't a lot of time.

    It didn't take long for her to find the cause of the the problem. Gritting her teeth in anger, she made her way toward the thugs as fast as she was able, Sigmund's Legacy in hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Join Battle (8d10)[8][10][2][6][4][9][9][9](57)

    I assume it's to early to describ actions yet?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf looked up from adjusting his power bow for the fifth time today. Just in time to see the mob of tunnel folk rush towards the camp.

    He drew one of his arrows from it's quiver. Of course he had only brought his hunting arrows. His very lethal hunting arrows.

    Of course. This is going to be a bad day. he thought.

    He nocked and drew in one fluid motion only to see the scholar fly past him waving his club like a maniac.

    "Scholar, Head down! Your left, right, no behind you! ARRRRGH!"

    Someone was going to be blamed for the boy's death, and surely it would be him.

    "I hope your skin is metal, boy!"

    He aimed carefully at one of the larger dwellers knee. Aim to wound.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Join Battle
    (9d10)[4][4][6][2][10][10][4][2][6](48)

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    (Join Battle: (4d10)[6][4][4][2](16))

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Around you, a dozen warriors, clad in armor made from pieces of scrap metal and chain and wearing copper-green war paint, attack anyone nearby. The tent village is rapidly becoming a mess, with people fleeing the attackers, others rushing in with weapons, and tents being trampled or toppled.

    Spoiler
    Show

    This would have been up yesterday, but work ate my day.

    Tick 0: Diemut
    Tick 2: Rolf
    Tick 4: Greenskins
    Tick 6: Nyklis

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Diemut charges towards a few of the attackers closest, making as little noise as possible, lance tip forwards. It's a little tricky, on the oil-slicked metal, but she should be able to run-through one of these invaders before the others notice.

    Spoiler
    Show
    *No Stunt dice are included*
    Melee attack with Sigmund's: (11d10)[6][7][4][4][9][6][10][4][7][8][8](73)
    Stealth: [if nessicary] (5d10)[9][7][9][4][8](37) + (2d10)[1][9](10) from excellancy

    Edit: I forgot the damage dice...If I hit, I'll post with the damage? I mean 5 succeses
    Last edited by FallenEco; 2012-10-28 at 06:53 AM.
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    It was a simple thing for Rolf to make a shot like this. Just a breath in, then a breath out and release, timing the shot just so between one heartbeat and the next.

    Then he was on the move again racing across the tunnel, leaping from one foothold to the next, setting up his next shot.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Archery + Dexterity + 2motes on Excellency of Lightning (9d10)[8][6][8][1][7][4][6][1][10](51)
    Then a dash with Athletics + Dexterity + Arc Surge Path for 2 motes (8d10)[10][8][7][8][2][3][6][10](54)

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    One stunt die for Diemut, but didn't yield a success.
    One stunt die for Rolf, no successes.


    Diemut leaps out from behind a half-collapsed tent, spearing one of the raiders in the side. The spearpoint shrieks as it punches through a piece of sheet metal, but it fails to end the raider's life immediately. Rolf's arrow takes another in the shoulder, leaving a nasty wound, as he nimbly navigates up the tangle of pipes surrounding the camp.

    The injured raiders begin to fall back. One takes a feeble swing at Diemut as he backs away, clutching his side. However, the others rush forward to meet the sudden resistance, a pair converging on each Stonebearer. A handful of village warriors joins the fray, occupying the rest, but they are slightly outnumbered and disorganized. The raiders near Diemut swing at her with a metal pole and a length of chain, while the pair chasing Rolf begin clambering up the pipeworks after the Arcdancer.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The attacks on Diemut are 1 success, 4 successes, and 1 successes, respectively.

    Can you all put your attack stats on your sheet? Something like "Dire Lance: Accuracy 11, Damage 7L/10L/2, DV 5, Rate 2, Tags: 2, L, O, R"

    Tick 0: Diemut
    Tick 2: Rolf
    Tick 4: Greenskins
    Tick 5: Diemut
    Tick 6: Nyklis
    Tick 8: Rolf
    Tick 9: Greenskins

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought I already did that. Also checked the errata and onslaught rules, so unless I missed something...they didn't touch me.


    Diemut cursed under breath as she knocks aside the incoming attacks, blocking the first one with practiced ease, but nearly takes a metal pole to the ribs for not paying enough attention to the second assult. She barely get's her head together in time to dodge a chain swung in her direction.

    "It's going to be one of those days, isn't it?" she asked her attackers. Not that she expected them to answer. Diemut just wanted a minor distraction as she knocked one of the tent's remaining supports towards her assailents. As the metal and synth-leather fall, Diemut uses it as camoflage for her next strike, steping foreward as her uncle's deadly spear spins in her hands, toawrds the wounded enemy.
    This time, you won't survive...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Another melee attack: (11d10)[5][3][5][6][10][4][7][3][10][3][3](59)
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf grins as he races toward the curving tunnel wall. The tunnel dwellers thought he would be easy prey, did they? They should know better even a rat would turn deadly in a corner. He draws another arrow from his quiver.

    There! Perfect!

    A simple curve in the tunnel wall, reasonably clean, with a minor ledge about a yard or so up the wall. To Rolf Hesser a gift from the Shining Ones. He draws his bow and runs up the curve of the wall using his elemental strength, then a quick kick off the wall, releasing the arrow directly at his lead pursuer.

    "Arrow to the head!"

    As he lands he plucks a single knife from its place and throws it in a glittering arc at his second pursuer.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Athletics + Freerunning + 1 EoL = (12d10)[4][2][8][3][2][4][1][6][8][8][7][8](61)
    Archery + 1EoL = (7d10)[4][5][1][2][1][4][3](20)
    Thrown + Throwing Knives = (7d10)[4][10][6][2][8][3][5](38)
    Last edited by Meriss; 2012-10-30 at 09:14 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Wow, that all happened fast. I should probably spend less time thinking about what I'm going to do, and more time doing it.

    Hm. That guy with the chain, the one attacking Diemut, is standing right next to a damaged tent. It'll get in his way if he tries to step away from an attack. And Diemut's doing a damn good job distracting him.

    He's my target, then.

    I step towards him and swing my club in a high arc overhead. I'm aiming for his collarbone, hoping to drop him without crushing his skull.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll against the fellow attacking Diemut with a chain: (6d10)[8][9][9][4][9][2](41)

    Add one die if this counts as self-defence.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Two die stunt for Diemut. No successes.
    Two die stunt for Rolf. No successes on the first two rolls, two on the knife throw.
    Two die stunt for Nyklis. No successes.
    Apparently, my dice don't like you today, since that makes Rolf's arrow attack a botch.


    Diemut's spear punches cleanly through her victim's chest, killing him instantly. Nkylis comes to her aid as the falling tent momentarily tangles up her attackers, cracking the chain-wielder across the shoulder, but sadly causes the man no more than a nasty bruise.

    Rolf's mid-air shot misses his target and instead impacts into the side of a conduit. The conduit ruptures, spraying high-pressure nutrient slurry in a thick slick accross the area. The slippery goo makes the footing on the narrow ledge trecherous, but Rolf manages to keep his balance. Your pursuers are not quite so lucky, slipping and falling headlong into the sludge.

    The two tunnel people pursuing Rolf struggle back to their feet and take some careful steps forward, still intent upon their pursuit. The warrior Nyklis just clubbed turns upon him and lashes out with a nasty backhand swing, while his ally brings his weapon down in an overhead smash, trying to crush Diemut while she's overextended. The other tunnel people are having an easier time of things - one of the village warriors has gone down to a nasty spear wound.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Exalted's rules are wierd sometimes. The most obvious thing to go wrong right now is actually beneficial since your Athletics rating is higher than your Archery. Thank heavens 3e is coming in February.

    Three success attack on Nyklis and a two success attack on Diemut.

    Tick 5: Diemut
    Tick 6: Nyklis
    Tick 8: Rolf
    Tick 9: Greenskins
    Tick 10: Diemut
    Tick 11: Nyklis
    Tick 14: Rolf, Greenskins

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Diemut barely has time to jump out of the way, even with her sou-steel pike pushing it away from her, as the massive broken pipe came slamming down in front of her. Clearly this tunnel-punk had been working out.

    Not that it gave her a moment's pause. There was not time to hesitate, at least one of the villagers was down. One of the people she was supposed to protect. Snarling, "You all will pay!", she pointed the blunt end of her spear at her most recent asailent and ran forward...

    Onto the very weapon that nearly hit her.

    She didn't stay on it for very long. The excess weight would probberly cause the metal to bend, if not snap and that was assuming her attacker didn't drop the darn thing. Which would leave her on the ground and off balance. So she did something her uncle told her about once.

    She jumped off the weapon barely a quarter of a second after she got on it. Twisting in midair, she pulled the dire-lance around and up in a circlar motion, the blade-tip whistling with the wrath and whispers of the dead. If I did this right, I should slice him from lower back to his throat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Forgot the DV penalty for attacking....derrr...sitched it a bit

    Anyway, still going for the melee attacks so...
    Dire Lance Slash: (11d10)[4][4][1][7][5][3][7][7][6][2][9](55)

    Do I need to make an athletics roll?
    Last edited by FallenEco; 2012-11-09 at 10:22 AM.
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Hm. Looks like this guy's tougher than I thought.

    But his feet are still tangled up in a tent. And some of that nutrient slurry burst just sprayed into his face.

    And unlike me, he's not magic. So I find it easy enough to stop his attack dead with a slap of my club against his wrist.

    I follow that up with a second club slap against the guy's face. I borrow a bit of extra power from my Stone as I do so.

    Now, one of the raiders just died. His corpse is lying behind the guy attacking me, and as I attack I force my opponent backwards over it. If he falls down and hits his head on this metallic floor, he'll be knocked senseless.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If my defence stunt earned even one die, he misses.

    Then I attack, spending 4m to buy 4 dice. My roll is (10d10)[7][7][7][3][5][8][2][9][6][4](58) +1 die if this is self-defence + any stunt dice.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf swears broadly, his rough voice carrying loudly through the metal walls. He always misjudged the amount of power his elemental could give him. Always. And now if they didn't end the fight quickly, get that slurry pipe patched, he might have just ruined this strike.

    Not again. No one dies because of my foolishness. Never again.

    His mouth set in a determined line he taps deeper into his Binding Stone, aiming carefully at his lead pursuer and throws out a bolt of pure electricity.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm guessing the pool on EBA here: Dex 4 + Lightning 3 +1 from Heirloom Stone?
    I hope so. If not feel free to reroll (8d10)[4][9][6][4][10][7][6][10](56)

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Two stunt dice for Diemut. Two successes on the attack roll.
    Two stunt dice for Nyklis and his self defense specialty applies. Four successes on three dice.
    Two stunt dice for Rolf. Three successes.



    Diemut's attack strikes home, but the blade only scores a deep groove accross one of the warrior's armor plates. Nyklis batters his opponent's weapon away and hammers down on his opponent, knocking him unconcious in a single swing. Rolf's bolt of lightning flash-cooks his opponent, sending a scorched corpse sliding backwards through the slurry.

    The two warriors fighting the Domini realize how overmatched they are and make an attempt to withdraw, the one managing to fight his way to his feet despite the slurry coating the floor. The others, though, have the village warrirors hard pressed to defend themselves. The villagers are surrounded, fighting back to back to keep from being caught defenseless. They've managed to put one of the tunnel people out of the fight, but another of their own is down and bleeding.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Tick 10: Diemut
    Tick 11: Nyklis
    Tick 14: Rolf, Greenskins
    Tick 15: Diemut
    Tick 16: Nyklis
    Tick 17: Rolf
    Tick 19: Greenskins

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay! I get motes! Wait, I've only spent two motes...Hmmm...

    Rolf killed 'his' Greenskins right?

    Diemut barely glanced around to see how the others were doing. It did not serve well to take one's yes off one's opponents after all. But ignoring the other enemies was a bad move too. While she and her fellow stonebearers were doing well, the same could not be said for the villagers.

    Biting back a curse as she watched the third villager fall, Diemut's grip tightened on her lance. Taking adavantage on of the distance her oppsition was putting between them, she took a few steps back herself. It might help surprise the guy when I make my move.

    First things first though, she called out to the others. "Rolf! Nyklis! Give the villagers a hand. I got these two!"

    And that is when she charged forward, spear pointed at the fellow she failed to kill on her last swing. Her sandals rapidly clicking across the metal floor, one could almost forgive missing when they stopped doing so in the midst of combat. Especially when it happens two setps after they've tried to run you through with a honking big spear. Then again, using one's foe in order to pole-vault is an odd, but not unknown combat technique.

    Pushing the blade-tip down just as she jumped and pulling her body up, Diemut could only hope she hit hard the invader hard so she could stick the landing.

    Otherwise this was going to hurt - a lot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming I am going to need an athletics roll...which is going to hurt.

    Diemut's Athletics roll is: 2 dex -2 for unskilled. I'll spend a willpower point for an autosuccess and here goes the chance die (1d10)[7].
    Edit: Does essence still count as minium dicepool?

    Plus an attack roll: (11d10)[8][3][2][9][7][7][6][8][4][9][7](70)
    Last edited by FallenEco; 2012-12-02 at 03:29 AM.
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Oh, good. They're running.

    That'll give us a chance to rescue the villagers over there.

    My heart tells me to staunch the wounds of the downed villagers, but my brain tells me that the best way to keep them alive is to knock out their attackers.

    The fight'll probably end within 15 seconds, anyway. Nobody bleeds out that fast.

    So I charge in after Diemut, using her body to prevent the thugs from seeing me clearly. When she lands her crazy jump attack, I step out from behind her and brain whoever's still standing.

    I make sure to move so that my target is between me and a villager, so as to divide their attention. The benefits of flanking, combined with power drawn from my Stone, ought to make it easy for me to drop this fellow.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll recover motes from my stunt, then promptly spend them to add 4 dice to my attack. If I need to dash to reach the greenskins, I will.

    Attack roll: (10d10)[8][1][4][5][2][8][7][5][7][7](54) + stunt dice

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf dashes back towards the other Stonebearers. "Coming mother."

    He chuckles under his breath as he preps another arrow, he was actually having fun. His hand comes up to his chin, he aims at the closest tunnel rat to make an opening in their lethal circle, so he and his fellow Domini can begin extracting the surrounded villagers.

    Breathe and release.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Archery + 3 motes EoL = (10d10)[3][7][8][4][9][8][8][2][10][10](69)
    Motes 3/17

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Two stunt dice for Diemut, yielding 1 success.
    Two stunt dice for Nyklis, 2 successes.
    One stunt die for Rolf, yielding 1 success.


    Diemut kicks the fleeing warrior in the head, sending him stumbling and causing him to clutch his head. He continues to try to stagger away, but he's steps have the drunken gait of a man with a hefty concussion.

    Nyklis drops another warrior with a blow to the back of the head, then Rolf puts an arrow straight through a third. The remaining warriors, seeing the sudden shift in the odds, attempt to flee.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Alright, you've basically won. Feel free to narrate what happens in mopping them up or letting them go, whichever suits you.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Diemut rolled her eyes as she spun round and knocked the concussed one out with the blunt end of spear. "Rolf, you keep this up, and I'll send you to bed without supper."

    Naturally she began to chase and run-through the remaining attackers, particularly the ones nearest the villagers. After all, it was her duty to protect them.
    Last edited by FallenEco; 2012-12-11 at 07:08 AM.
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    I wonder why she's chasing them. They're not a threat any more, and we have wounded people to worry about.

    I turn to the villagers and ask,

    "Is there a healer here? Our wounded need help, we don't want them bleeding out."

    I really hope there's a healer here. Otherwise I might have to bind people's wounds myself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If I do need to perform some medical care, I'll need to know how many people are hurt and how badly.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf laughs heartily, "Another day, another fight."

    He looses an arrow or two at the fleeing tunnel people, of course you had to make sure. The legend of the Stonebearers must be spread, Diemut, poor girl would spend the next few hours chasing them.

    "When you are done with the wounded scholar I'd be highly grateful, if you could take a look at the mess back there." He thumbs the tangle of pipes gushing nutrient slurry all over the place. If they weren't very quick they would have a Servitor to the Taker come along and then where would they be? Very, very dead.

    Not that Rolf could do anything. He hadn't the skill.
    Last edited by Meriss; 2012-12-14 at 10:47 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Once the last of the of the invaders had escaped, (while Diemut had dealing with another one), she turned her attention back on the village. She wasn't going to bother chasing down these thugs for hours, just make them pay for every drop of blood they shed here. Besides, you can't leave the village undefended at a time like this.

    So helped the rest of the villagers in whatever way she could, mostly by clearing the mess made by the attack and helping set a few of the tents back up.

    She also tied up the last greenskin left alive in the village, the one she knocked out. Sooner or later, he'd come too. Then there would be some interesting questions.
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Under Nyklis' direction, the casualties are seen to. Thankfully, most of the raiders were wielding clubs and other blunt weapons, so most of the wounded will be back up and about in a day or two. The worst of them, though, took several deep knife wounds and will need a couple of months of bed rest at least, if he doesn't die of a wound infection.

    A couple of miners manage to get the pipe leak sealed off fairly quickly, belting a wad of rubber into the hole.

    Though Diemut and Rolf manage to bring down a few of the fleeing warriors, most manage to get away. Diemut's census of the enemy's fallen reveals more still alive than she had thought. It seems that in addition to the man she dropped, both men that Nyklis fought are still breathing.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "Okay, it looks like we're out of immediate danger.

    But still, this isn't a great situation. This camp isn't terribly well-defended, and we don't have a real doctor to help our wounded.

    Still, we can't abandon the camp to the barbarians. We should interrogate our prisoners and find out what we're up against. Then we can act to solve the issue, whatever it is.

    If this was just an opportunistic raid we can probably head off more violence with a threat. If it wasn't, we might have to go to war.

    Does that sound like a plan?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    How hard would it be to get reinforcements from the gearbox?

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf

    Rolf looks up from his nutrient slurry For this we fight?

    He turns to Nyklis "That was surprisingly well thought out scholar. Sadly the council was quite clear "We send out our Domini, we pray for your victorious return." We're it. The whole show. We had bad year for bondings. And elementals."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "Bah.

    Well, might as well make the best of it."

    I point to one of the miners.

    "You there, tie up the raiders. Make sure they can't hurt us when they wake up."

    Then I look around a bit, before pointing to another slurry miner.

    "Bring Heissa here. We need a healer, and this is no time for her to be napping in her tent.

    From here on out, we should probably have a healer ready at all times. We should be prepared in case those raiders come back.

    I'm going to interrogate one of our prisoners. Rolf, Diemut, I'll leave the job of defending the camp to you."

    Once the raiders are restrained, I poke one of them until he wakes up.

    "Hello.

    Sorry to wake you up so soon after knocking you out, but I need to know what you're doing here.

    Is this just an ordinary raid or something more serious?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Do I need to roll?
    Last edited by Sanctaphrax; 2013-01-28 at 10:25 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Teleut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Napping in a lean-to behind her tent in a makeshift hammock of patchy artificial leather, Heissa has her eyes closed but is unconsciously mumbling something about "gallons and gallons of sweet sweet jel." She falls out of her hammock as a hurried slurry miner comes to her calling for a healer.

    She grumbles about having her dream interrupted until she hears the word "attack." At that, she gets a serious look on her face and demands concrete details about the casualties so that she can pack. Quickly putting her supplies in a bag and letting her familiar, a tail-less glow rat named Gulhen, jump in after, Heissa finally looks back up at the miner.

    "Let's go," she says in a lower octave while throwing on her wide brimmed black traveling hat.

    As they rush out, Heissa almost trips and squeaks but catches herself and keeps going. "An attack?... As if mining wasn't already dangerous enough," she says softly.

    Spoiler
    Show
    When she gets to the site, she will immediately start trying to heal people who're getting infections or are in similarly dire straights, with charms if necessary. Secondly, she will be looking over Nyklis' shoulder making sure no one gets too hurt in the process of info extraction. She's fine with interrogation, even rough interrogation, but doesn't want anyone tortured.
    Last edited by Teleut; 2013-02-02 at 11:09 PM.
    Maids + Exalted = Maid RPG: Exalted Edition! More chaos than you can shake an artifact feather duster at! Updated 2.10.2012
    Also, Exalted Chibis, New Caste Marks, the Semiotics of Elloge, Dragon Kings for Burn Legend, & my Exalted games on OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •