Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 82 of 82
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "Oh, blight!" exclaimed Diemut. Really? Not even hesitation. Gritting her teeth, she prepared to meet the challenge before her.

    Taking a defensive position between her comrades, Diemut raised her Uncle's weapon and leveled it against the charge. As the enemy approached Diemut shifted and lunged forward, swinging the spear in a slashing motion diagionally.
    "You should have negotiated."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll:(11d10)[5][2][3][5][3][8][2][3][10][10][9](60) + stunts
    +8L damage
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    1 stunt die for Heissa (1 success), 2 stunt dice for Nyklis (1 success), and 2 stunt dice for Diemut (0 successes).


    Heissa's steam bolt flash-cooks the head of one of the attacking greenskins, killing him instantly. Nyklis finds himself sparing with a scarred greenskin warrior with broad spiraling tattoos instead of war-paint. His swing barely slips past the leader's guard, rapping his opponent across the cheek and leaving a nasty bruise, but the fog around the greenskin suddenly heats to scalding, leaving him with a painful burn.

    Diemut disembowels a warrior as the greenskins charge, but the group is quickly surrounded. The greenskins swing and stab with clubs and spears, these warriors more skilled than those that attacked the village.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nyklis took one level of lethal damage from the hot steam.

    Attacks on Nyklis:
    (8d10)[1][3][6][2][6][7][6][6](37)
    (9d10)[6][1][5][6][8][3][9][5][6](49)
    (8d10)[1][1][5][2][10][1][9][9](38)

    Attacks on Heissa:
    (8d10)[3][5][9][9][2][4][10][4](46)
    (8d10)[10][2][10][6][8][5][2][8](51)
    (9d10)[10][7][6][3][5][10][9][6][1](57)

    Attacks on Diemut:
    (8d10)[3][7][1][4][6][9][6][1](37)
    (9d10)[8][5][2][1][5][6][10][6][6](49)
    (9d10)[6][4][1][8][1][10][4][6][3](43)

    Note: These guys aren't heroic (except for the leader), so the 10s on these rolls aren't two successes.

    Tick 0: Heissa
    Tick 3: Nyklis, Thark
    Tick 4: Diemut, Greenskins
    Tick 5: Heissa
    Tick 8: Nyklis
    Tick 9: Thark, Diemut, Greenskins
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2013-05-06 at 02:09 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Teleut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "Nyklis!!!"

    Seeing the young man hit as the party was surrounded, Heissa pushes through her fear. She takes aim at the greenskin who attacked her companion and yells, "Stay way from the Taken! We are defended!"

    On the final word, she digs her heels into the floor and throws both her hands forward to release another blast of steam.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Heissa will be taking three aiming ticks to go at the same time as the Domini she is defending and then will be using Steam Bolt Blast again.

    (11d10)[7][6][3][10][3][10][3][9][10][1][4](66)
    Maids + Exalted = Maid RPG: Exalted Edition! More chaos than you can shake an artifact feather duster at! Updated 2.10.2012
    Also, Exalted Chibis, New Caste Marks, the Semiotics of Elloge, Dragon Kings for Burn Legend, & my Exalted games on OP.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "I'm fine!

    But be careful, this guy's got some kind of magic!"

    is what I try to say. I don't have the breath to say it properly, since I'm in the middle of a fight, but I think the message gets across.

    Speaking of a fight...there are three ugly barbarians trying to kill me. Fortunately, they're not doing a very good job. I move to keep the boss (and his superheated mist) between myself and them.

    When they follow me, moving over the growth I was standing on a moment ago, I step forwards and smack one of them with my club. I try to time my swing to catch him as he moves over the growth, so he'll be off-balance. Maybe I'll be able to knock him into their leader's mist.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ouch. At least I don't have a wound penalty yet.

    Anyway, my DV is 2 with the penalty from attacking. The best attack had 3 successes, so they all miss if I get a stunt bonus.

    I'll regain 4 motes from my successful stunt. Then I'll spend them all on another attack. Aiming at a mook this time.

    (11d10)[3][8][5][10][9][1][10][5][2][4][2](59)

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "Well, at least they didn't catch us by surprise." grumbled Diemut. This is why I didn't want to fight them here. Outnumbered, out flanked...heck we didn't even stick to the walls so they couldn't hit us from behind.

    The yound ashwalker swirled around in a circle as she tried to make her way over to Nyklis, giving the greenskins as small a chance to hit her from behind as possible. Her foot steps were quick, but steady on the cavern floor. Can't risk falling over. Can't help anyone when you're dead.

    Of course just because Diemut was making a bee-line while twirling like a dancer doesn't mean she wasn't doing damage. Sigmund's Legacy spun with her, in a multiitude of grand swinging slashes, never stopping with the full weight of Diemut's motions and body behind it.


    Sliver Lady's Grace, I better not get dissy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Most of that is just a fancy way of saying Diemut is getting closer to Nyklis before (Thark?) can do anymore damage.
    The rest is an attack, die roll below.
    (11d10)[5][3][3][6][7][8][10][3][6][10][10](71) +stunts. If I get any. Spending a willpower for an autosucess. From D's perspective, the group is in trouble.
    Of course if Rolf would pick then to show up...

    Edited because I do try to use correct english, so I fix my spelling...sometimes.
    Last edited by FallenEco; 2013-05-08 at 09:53 PM.
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf

    Rolf cursed loudly as he trotted down the tunnel, five blessed minutes, was that too much to ask? He needed a breath or two to let his elemental recharge, so had tried resting his eyes.

    Only to fall sound asleep.

    The villagers had graciuosly pointed him in the right direction, and his own tunnel honed senses had provided the rest.

    Now he could hear a strange change in the rythm of the tunnels. Was that fighting?
    Last edited by Meriss; 2013-05-13 at 11:02 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Should have just rolled this for you earlier:
    Join Battle:(7d10)[3][2][5][6][3][2][1](22)
    I think that puts you entering the battle on Tick 11, so I'll see about wrangling an update before I have to leave.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2013-05-13 at 06:17 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Two die stunts for everyone! Diemut got one additional success, everyone else got blanks.


    Heissa's bolt of superheated steam flies straight for the leader, but he doesn't even bother to dodge. The steam washes over him and when it clears, the bruise Nyklis gave him is gone.

    Nyklis' swing connects, sending a warrior stumbling backwards. He lurches drunkenly as he falls back, clutching his head. Diemut's opponents are not so lucky. She slashes open another warrior, leaving him lying upon the ground bleeding from shoulder to hip.

    The warriors close in around the three Stonebearers. The leader shouts at the others, orders by the tone of his words and the attitude of his body language. They attack as a group, hacking and stabbing, closing off all paths to escape.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Three warriors are taking blockade movement actions to keep you from attempting to run away, which should cover all the directions. Thark is attempting to set up a coordinated attack The rest are just going to try to pound you flat.

    Thark:
    (5d10)[1][10][6][1][8](26)

    Attacks on Nyklis:
    (8d10)[5][7][7][2][9][7][6][8](51)

    Attacks on Heissa:
    (9d10)[7][7][9][7][5][10][8][9][8](70)
    (8d10)[10][3][5][3][3][8][5][7](44)

    Attacks on Diemut:
    (9d10)[3][6][7][8][7][4][3][3][10](51)

    Tick 5: Heissa
    Tick 8: Nyklis
    Tick 9: Thark, Diemut, Greenskins
    Tick 10: Heissa
    Tick 11: Rolf
    Tick 13: Nyklis
    Tick 14: Thark, Greenskins, Diemut

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Teleut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    "You're a Stonebearer? Why are you attacking us!," Heissa yells at the scarred greenskin leader in Old Realm as she tries to back away from her attackers and stay close to her companions.

    "Maybe we shouldn't have left our hunter behind," she thinks to herself while blasting not her attacker but the floor with her Steam Bolt Attack at a sharp angle to throw up a cover of white steam. It will disperse almost instantly as the attack is not meant to provide substantial cover, but hopefully that instant will be enough to disorient her attackers as the Dominus changes her position and prepares to sidestep her opponents.
    Last edited by Teleut; 2013-05-19 at 06:18 PM.
    Maids + Exalted = Maid RPG: Exalted Edition! More chaos than you can shake an artifact feather duster at! Updated 2.10.2012
    Also, Exalted Chibis, New Caste Marks, the Semiotics of Elloge, Dragon Kings for Burn Legend, & my Exalted games on OP.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Now that I can give two stunt dice to. If I'm doing the math right, that puts your DV at 5, so you still are getting hit, but maybe not enough to kill you.
    Spear Thrust Damage:(5d10)[1][3][7][1][2](14)


    One greenskin's club misses Heissa in the sudden burst of steam, but the spear of the other still catches her.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sanctaphrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Unfortunately, this attack is a bit more precise than the previous one. Fortunately, Diemut and her spear are getting close. I retreat so that her whirling strikes will provide me with some cover, and attempt to deflect the attack into one of the growths with my club.

    Then I hear Heissa shout. Even with my situation as bad as it is, I think she deserves a response.

    "Probably not a Stonebearer! I think he's got some elemental blood!

    Anyway, get him! He's coordinating his soldiers, it'll be bad for us if he gets them organized properly!"

    With that, I put my own advice into action. I charge directly through the burning mist, confident that he won't be expecting such a reckless attack. As I do so I draw upon my Stone to fill my mind with pain-erasing clarity.

    Then I run up a crystal growth and jump at the greenskin, aiming to smash his skull in with an overhead swing.

    Not really my usual style, but hey. Desperate times.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll spend the motes I recovered from my stunt on my Excellency, and I'll spend a willpower for a success. I'm using a Fierce Blow called shot for +3B damage. The wp and the called shot penalty should cancel each other out.

    (11d10)[7][10][6][9][8][3][3][1][10][7][4](68)

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Diemut couldn't hold back a snort as Nyklis ducks by the whirling soulsteel. "Well, at least he did it right," said the slick-haired under her breath. If he had run into it... Choosing to focus on the now, rather than the guilt Diemut changed her attack pattern again.

    The stonebearer stopped turning about, though Sigmund's Legacy did not. As it spun over her shoulders and in her hands, Diemut began to step from side-to-side. Almost bouncing between the crystal shards, the shaft of black metal made a different kind of circle. At least until Diemut turned and lunged at 'Thork', thrusting the spear-tip through the steam. If I'm lucky, he'll have a harder time spotting the attack.
    "You will leave my friends alone!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since I haven't (and can't) spend motes on attacks, I'm going to do something I have rarely seen in Exalted.
    I'm using my stunts to recover willpower.

    Which I'll be spending to increase my ability to hit 'Greenskin Leader'.
    Attack:
    (11d10)[9][9][10][9][7][2][9][10][5][9][1](80) + stunts
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf

    Rolf draws level with the swirling battle, the tunnel filling with the clash of brass.

    Blight! Why could they not wait!

    No time for recriminations now, only action. Luckily his late arrival put him in perfect flanking position.

    He nocks an arrow, draws his bow, breathes. Sights down the shaft, aiming for the nearest flanker and release.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Throw 3 motes at the archery roll w/ EoL (7d10)[10][6][5][7][9][8][1](46)

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Two stunt dice for everyone! Sadly, this isn't enough for Nyklis to dodge the attack. Nyklis still gets clipped by a club, and no armor and a very lucky damage roll ends with him taking six levels of bashing damage. With the one level of damage he already took, I think that drops him to Incapacitated.

    From stunt dice, Rolf nabs an extra success and Diemut gets another two successes.


    Nyklis doesn't manage to duck quite fast enough and a solid blow to the head leaves the Glass Knife on the ground unconscious.

    Rolf's shot punches through one greenskin's armor, leaving him with an arrowhead protruding from beneath his shoulder blade.

    Diemut stabs forward through the blistering steam cloud surrounding the leader, the heat burning any exposed skin, but her armor saves her from the worst of it. Sigmund's Legacy pierces through the greenskin warrior's armor like it was tissue paper and punches a hole straight through his heart. The warrior lashes out as he dies, his reflexes keeping his own spear thrust on target despite his mortal injuries.

    With Rolf's sudden attack from behind and their leader's death, the other warriors retreat, some bodily hauling the wounded away and into the surrounding fog.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Diemut got 10 successes on her damage roll (on 13 dice). It would have been 14, but 10s only count for one success on damage. My dice are kill happy tonight.

    Diemut took one level of lethal damage from the steam cloud. Thark's last attack on Diemut: (10d10)[1][6][3][9][5][4][5][4][1][1](39).

    Tick 10: Heissa
    Tick 11: Rolf
    Tick 14: Thark, Greenskins, Diemut
    Tick 17: Rolf
    Tick 19: Diemut
    Since Heissa didn't opt for a dice action on her last tick, she can take her next action on whatever tick she wants.

    The warriors are again running away. You can pursue them if you'd like, otherwise feel free to drop out of combat time.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Teleut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Heissa kneels to check on the fallen Glass Walker, ensuring that he is just incapacitated.

    Turning to the two warriors of the group, she tells them "Go on if you want to chase them! I can watch Nyklis."
    Last edited by Teleut; 2013-06-04 at 05:31 PM.
    Maids + Exalted = Maid RPG: Exalted Edition! More chaos than you can shake an artifact feather duster at! Updated 2.10.2012
    Also, Exalted Chibis, New Caste Marks, the Semiotics of Elloge, Dragon Kings for Burn Legend, & my Exalted games on OP.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf

    There is a brief crackle of electricity as Rolf races across the intervening distance to stand by Diemut's side.

    He smiles at Diemut which is the most disturbing thing anyone can see, for his smile is reminiscent of a pack of Bight touched rats or especially hungry bladelings.

    "Shall we?"

    It is clear what Rolf wants, for the most disturbing thing in his smile is the pride.

    "Heissa, tell the scholar he fought well from what I saw, we need to get him a proper weapon though. Also check that fallen fool, no sense in wasting binding stones if he has one." the hunter calls over his shoulder.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Dumping one mote on ASP for flavor
    Last edited by Meriss; 2013-06-05 at 04:13 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Teleut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Heissa slaps her forehead, expressing her exasperation with herself.

    "Yeah! Of course! I wouldn't forget to do something important like that! Number two priority! Now go. We can't loose those guys."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Heissa is first going to do a Perception and Medicine roll to check on the downed leader. Needless to say, she is exiting combat time.

    (7d10)[6][4][6][5][6][9][1](37)
    Maids + Exalted = Maid RPG: Exalted Edition! More chaos than you can shake an artifact feather duster at! Updated 2.10.2012
    Also, Exalted Chibis, New Caste Marks, the Semiotics of Elloge, Dragon Kings for Burn Legend, & my Exalted games on OP.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    The young Ashwalker nodded in response to Rolf's comments. This is what she had been working for, a chance to prove herself as more than her Uncle's heir in name. "Thank you, Rolf. How very kind," she said; smiling sweetly in return.

    This is, of course, when Diemut rushes after the greenskins, leaving Rolf standing there. If I wait, I'll lose them. Plus he's quick, he'll catch up. So off she went, darting around one of the crystals to follow the enemies escaping.

    "Hurry now Rolf, don't want to get left behind again do you?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what rolls I'll need but let me know and I'll make them.
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Diemut and Rolf race into the mist after the greenskins, crystal formations appearing like ghosts as you rush past. The thick fog makes it hard at first for Rolf to spot one of them long enough to take a shot, but the ones carrying the wounded are slowed down and soon come into view.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Still combat time, so take whatever actions you want. The greenskins are running.
    Tick 17: Rolf
    Tick 19: Diemut, Greenskins


    Meanwhile, Heissa is quickly able to give efficient first aid to the fallen Nyklis. He should recover and is stable enough to move, though you don't he'll be up without at least half a day of rest. Once she is sure about Nyklis, she turns her attention to the body of the fallen leader. The aura of scalding fog is gone, leaving on the dense mist of this place folding in all around you, making it hard to see anything far. You find no sign of a Binding Stone anywhere upon the body, nor do you find anything that would suggest the leader is a godblood of any stripe or power.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Rolf

    Rolf growls under his breath as he chases after Diemut, sometimes the girl just wanted to die.

    He smiles grimly as they sight the retreating tunnel rats. Time to have some fun.

    He draws Surging Current, nocks another broad head and fires into the thick of the wounded.

    Spoiler
    Show

    1 m on EOL (7d10)[8][1][2][10][6][8][1](36)
    Last edited by Meriss; 2013-06-27 at 12:52 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Teleut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Feeling much safer, Heissa sets out to construct a makeshift stretcher using material from the variety of bush-like crystals. She tries to find two long pieces to which she will tie her coat to by the sleeves and the corners of the bottom hem. She also hopes find some pieces to wedge between to two big ones and add stability, but isn't expecting much. Under her breath she mumbles the familiar sentiment that "This land isn't particularly forgiving." The stretcher won't be very strong, she thinks, but it will be better than dragging Nyklis if they have to flee.
    Maids + Exalted = Maid RPG: Exalted Edition! More chaos than you can shake an artifact feather duster at! Updated 2.10.2012
    Also, Exalted Chibis, New Caste Marks, the Semiotics of Elloge, Dragon Kings for Burn Legend, & my Exalted games on OP.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    FallenEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Masters of the Industrial Elements IC

    Diemut moved swiftly through the crystal tunnels, moving faster now that she was not on an uneven, oilslicked path. Upon catching sight of her quarry, the young Ashwalker slowed down, drawing upon the acidic darkness within her stone. What's more, she moved at an angle. In short, she trying to sneak up on their flank, without giving away that she was there.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Dex + Stealth +2 (Excellancy, dropping two motes): (7d10)[1][7][6][8][2][3][1](28)


    Can't kill them all, we need to interogate them, find out if there is more incoming...
    Avatar by Teleut

    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •