New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Five Gems (In-Character Thread)

Spoiler
    Show

Canterlot. Widely considered to be the gathering point for everypony worth knowing, the city shines from its mountain peak, visible from nearly anywhere in Equestria, especially when, as now, the noonday sun shines on it.

On this sunny day, you all find yourselves in Canterlot, searching for the house of one Ancient Myth, who has offered you a job by letter dungeon-diving for crown of unknown power. Given the number of bits he's offered or other things he has to offer, most of you intend to accept.

Sicale, you know Ancient Myth by reputation as a clever but reclusive archaeologist. Though the bits and the crown mean little to you, you're hoping that you might gain an ally in him to aid your goals of protecting your Hive. You asked Adamant Shield to come along for protection, and he accepted.

You two are currently in the residential district for the upper-crust side of Canterlot. As you make your way to the house, you notice several unicorns in the streets looking at you disapprovingly and sticking their noses in the air. This last action backfires on one of them, who runs into a lamppost due to not looking where he was going. A few smirks of amusement pass among the other unicorns, though they quickly go back to pointedly ignoring you. Nonetheless, you see your destination ahead, a three-story mansion with, for whatever reason, a green ribbon waving from the chimney. You notice a griffon flying towards your direction; possibly another applicant for the job?

Elixir, you hope to be able to use the crown to boost your alchemy. You are currently making your way through the market towards the upper-crust residential district. Several shopkeepers nod or yell a greeting as you pass; you've sold here often enough that they know you by sight.

Iron Wing, you were surprised to have received a letter that begged your assistance in retrieving the griffon king's crown, but recognized that this was a great opportunity for the griffon kingdom. And so you have flown all the way from the griffon lands to Canterlot, and are currently soaring above the upper-crust district. Ancient Myth, in a burst of foresight, told you to seek the house with the green ribbon tied to the chimney, and you manage to locate it without much trouble, though you notice two ponies approaching the same house, and a zebra coming there from a bit further away.

Takeya, you want the job for the sake of meeting new and exciting people in the work; the bits are nice, but not strictly necessary. Though you have gotten several well-mannered glares from the Canterlot citizenry, they let you pass unmolested, and you have managed to get in the neighborhood of the correct house with little more than dirty looks. You notice a griffon heading in the same direction that you are, possibly headed for the same destination.

Compass, you know that today is the day to receive the guests, and while Ancient Myth is gathering his notes, you are waiting by the door to receive whoever shows up. Your instructions are to lead them to the downstairs study of the mansion Myth lives and works in, where they will wait until Myth is ready to receive them.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Five Gems (In-Character Thread)

Well old friend, it seems that you were not the only one told about this little excursion. Do you think Ancient Myth is assembling a team of treasure hunters? Or maybe he invited multiple ponies, or griffons as the case may be, to insure he gets the best for the job?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Iron Wing spotted the two ponies and diverted his flight path. Better to meet any would be comrades now, rather then later. He circled them a few times from above to make sure that they were actually headed to Ancient Myth's house but after confirming his suspicions he dove down in front of them, stalling his descent with a few powerful strokes of his wings to land safely on the ground.

Good Day! Are You Also Headed To Meet Ancient Myth For His Expedition? Good If You Are! I'm Sure That This Adventure Will Be Both Perilous And Glorious As Deserving For Individuals Of Such Magnificence Such As Myself! Now Tell Me Your Names, For I am Iron Wing, Future King Of The Griffons!
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #4

Greetings, I am Adamant Shield, master of both combat magic and Hoof to Hoof combat, and protector of all who have such need.
    *Gestures to Sicale*
    This is my friend Steal Wind, He is the one who was contacted, I am just here for protection.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I See! We Shall Have To Spar At Some Other Time! How About You Friend? What Skills Do You Bring To Our Crusade?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I See! We Shall Have To Spar At Some Other Time! How About You Friend? What Skills Do You Bring To Our Crusade?
    I am going to have to let you down, I only use my skills to protect others.

*Looks to Sicale* You are being unusually quiet, friend.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #7

Sicale, or Steel Wind, as what appears to be the grey pegasus with the gold mane and tail calls himself, travels to Ancient Myth's mansion. Judging by how the Elites of Equestian society seem to treat their own, it would certainly help to have allies here. However he doesn't much relish the prospect of revealing his true self to one of them, barring any alternatives. At the very least this work could establish some set of trust and possibly let some clues "slip" on his disguise to possibly ease Ancient into associating with a Changeling.

Steel Wind does turn to reply to the pretty-sure-he's-actually-a-pony Unicorn Adamant and to the newcomer Griffin, not really able to keep up with their whirlwind discussion. He raises a hoof to try and slow them down. Sorry, i'm a bit distracted. Yes i'm Steel Wind. Truth be told i'm kind of a newcomer, some of these streets make me nervous. He shakes his head, chuckling a bit. I'm pretty good with lightning actually, and my Special Talent is convincing others to see things my way. Among other things, but nothing really worth mentioning.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

The rose-coated pony anxiously prances around the lobby of Ancient Myth's manor. Is she nervous about the upcoming venture for the lost griffon crown? Not at all, in fact, she's made plenty of spelunking quests like this before; this one, however, will be the only one she won't be doing alone. The extra party members is what gives this day cause for alarm.

"Gotta make sure everything's ready for the guests!" She mumbles to herself. She's repeated that phrase about once a minute for the past hour as she darts around the kitchen, checking on her horderves of raspberry jam cookies and a sparkling pink lemonade. Is this something adventurer-types would like? She asked herself earlier that morning, Well, I'm an adventuring-type, and I like these...

The pegasus pony carefully opens the oven and takes out the hot cookie sheet with a cloth in her mouth. She frowns when she places the sheet on top of the hot oven and inspects the food. A little too burnt... Unfortunately, the pony had been distracted making two things at once and forgot about the timing of these treats. Figures, today is the day I don't make a perfect batch, she thinks, rolling her eyes. She kicks the oven door closed with her hind hooves.

The pink pony hears a creak across the room. "Hello!?" She calls, dashing to the door; but nothing is there. "Oh right. I locked the door." She thinks to unlock the door, but hesitates. The professor has a lot of valuable artifacts in here... if I'm gone and somepony comes in and takes something... she shivers. Best I just wait here and answer when anypony comes knocking.

9. - Top - End - #9

Well, do either of you think anyone else will be joining us?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #10

The fake Pegasus nods. I think we can count on it. The way Equestrian society works is that in order to enter some place you hit your hoof on the door to get the occupant's attention, right? But that place is so big. How is Ancient supposed to know someone is beating their hoof on their door? Maybe there's acoustics involved. Nevertheless, He looks to the mansion's doors, gesturing towards it. Shall we?

11. - Top - End - #11

The pegasus inside nervously plods in place, shifting her weight from her left to right side and back again. She sees a group of ponies and a griffon outside Ancient Myth's door through tinted glass; these must be the adventurers he requested. Do I go open the door? I don't want them to think I've been spying on them... but I don't want to keep them waiting either! But I don't want to surprise them... oh...

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    The fake Pegasus nods. I think we can count on it. The way Equestrian society works is that in order to enter some place you hit your hoof on the door to get the occupant's attention, right? But that place is so big. How is Ancient supposed to know someone is beating their hoof on their door? Maybe there's acoustics involved. Nevertheless, He looks to the mansion's doors, gesturing towards it. Shall we?
    Yes, let's

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #13

Steel Wing strolls over to the door and pounds his hoof against it. That's how most ponies do it, right?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

The unicorn pony, Elixir, ambles his way through the crowded markets of Canterlot. His saddle bags are weighed down with many potions and alchemical reagents for use in his upcoming adventure. A clever "lightness" enchantment prevents the bags from pinning him to the floor.

As he walks, he speaks quickly to a few of his fellow merchants.

"Ah, Mrs. Mango! How are you?"
    "Lazy Daze, I haven't seen you in ages!"
    "Oh, Clever Clogs, I have that special order "enhancement potion" for you and your wife." *wink*

Arriving at a large mansion he notices several other ponies and a griffon approaching the door. He wanders up to them.

"Oh? Are you here to see Ancient Myth too?" he asks.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

15. - Top - End - #15

Why yes we are.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"Perfect! My name is Elixir!" he says, holding out a hoof. "I'm the local alchemist. I suspect I'm being brought on this mission for medical support."

He notices the pegasus knocking on the front door. "I'm quite looking forward to meeting Ancient Myth and finding out what he has in store for us."
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

*knock knock knock*

Oh no, there it is! The pony snaps to attention as if she were struck by lightning. Again, she nervously jitters back and forth, semi-waiting for somepony else to get the door, until she realizes that's her job. Oh, right.

As she approaches the door, a gleam of light breaks through the window and strikes her eye. Sure is sunny out - and probably hot! I bet these ponies would really appreciate it if I answered the door with something cool to drink. The pegasus darts to the punch bowl and pours How many is there? One, two, oh gee there's more now four glasses of her patented Fizz Pink Punch.

*knock knock knock*

"Ah! Um, coming!" She calls, quickly snatching the glasses. She's able to balance some on her wing; The last she must carry in her mouth. The door proves nigh-impossible to operate with the cup in her mouth, but she mustn't keep these ponies waiting any longer! She attempts to open the door with her front right hoof, but as the door swings open outward, she loses her balance. "Gah!!" The four pink fizzy drinks fly into the air and splash down on the green-maned pony. One glass breaks near the door frame. This is so embarrassing... The young filly, now sticky and drenched in her drink, looks up at her guests with a forced half-smile and manages a "Welcome, you must be Ancient Myth's guests..." Only one eye is visible through her mane, which now droops wet in front of her face. "Please come in."
    Last edited by HotRoute; 2013-07-01 at 08:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

This is either a very good sign, or a very bad one, the Unicorn muses.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-07-01 at 08:12 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

An Alchemist And A Lightning Expert. Hmm, I'm Not Sure What We Will Be Facing To Require Your Services But I Expect That You Shall Not Let Us Down! Iron Wing walks with the others, pausing to shake Elixer's hoof with a tad too much force.

Greetings! We Are Indeed Those Who Have Been Summoned By Ancient Myth! Now Please Make Haste And Show Us To Him! Iron Wing leans in and lowers his voice a micron in volume. Do Not Worry, Mistakes Happen To Even To Me! Just Keep It Up And Grab A Towel When We Are Talking To Ancient Myth. Iron Wing smiles and gives her a stinging slap on the back. Ah Before I Forget, What Is Your Name Young Filly? Iron Wing adds, rejoining the others.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

20. - Top - End - #20

I can assure you letting anyone down is the furthest thing from my intent. He replies to the Griffin sincerely before looking back on the pony who's opening the door. Sicale can taste the filly's fear pretty clearly. Not anything he would want to feed on at all, fear of the unknown doesn't usually digest well. Regardless, he nods, and readjusts his sunglasses. Greetings. Yes, we are here to see Ancient Myth. Thank you. The "pegasus" replies, nodding courteously and walking into the mansion.

21. - Top - End - #21

These ponies barely even seemed to notice my fall - except for the griffon, that is. This can't be good, the must just be being polite and not showing their disgust. The pony does her best to shake off the mistake - at least the griffon showed some sincerity in his aid, maybe this wasn't all so bad - and leaps to the front of the room, attracting everypony's attention.

"Greetings travelers from whatever lands you call home," the pegasus starts with a speech that sounds very static and rehearsed, "welcome to the home of Ancient Myth, one of Canterlot's most accomplished archaeologists. You were all called here to aid in the investigation in a valuable artifact, a crown once belonging to a griffon king. My name is Compass Rose; I have worked with Ancient Myth for some time now, and will be accompanying you on your journey." A focused Compass Rose suddenly panics as she runs out of prepared lines. "Um..." her eyes dart around the room, "He'll be ready... shortly - I hope... in the meantime... I made, eh heh... cookies, if, um, anypony is interested..." As soon as the words escape her lips, she realizes how lame the idea of cookies is; this company clearly is not the kind for her girlish treats. She again gives a weak smile, whipping her wet mane out from in front of her face, sending some juice toward the grey pegasus.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

...I See. Very Well Miss Rose, Bring Us To A Room Where We May Relax As We Wait. Refreshments Are A Fine Idea As Well! I For One Have Traveled Far And Would Appreciate Whatever Appetizers You Have Prepared For Us! Iron Wing says kindly though he can't hide the burning in his gaze as he absently searches the room, trying to predict where Compass Rose will lead them, or where Ancient Myth will appear from.

Emotions Siscale can taste from Iron Wing right now
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Wing's emotions are a mixture of pity towards Compass Rose and offended anger towards Ancient Myth for leaving them to wait for an indefinite amount of time.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2013-07-02 at 01:28 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

About then, a thump can be heard from the second story, followed by muffled swearing in a language most of you don't recognize.

Sicale, you find yourself realizing that this man is cursing in Changeling. Quite fluently, I might add. But then he switches to another language that you don't recognize.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Elixir barely had time to react to the door opening before getting splashed in the face with some sweet smelling drink. It was only some dampness, but it was annoying nonetheless. Not a great first impression.

"Hmph. No harm done, but please be careful," he said to the pony who had opened the door. "And get me a towel, please."

Once inside and drying off, he sat down and listened to Myth's assistant's introduction. "Well, I'll have a cookie while we're waiting."

At the sound of noise from upstairs he smirks, but says nothing.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

One good thing about having an exoskeleton, water slides right off. From the pony's perspective Steel Wind doesn't seem to get wet at all. Probably because it wasn't that much. It doesn't make it any less annoying to get sprayed-on, though. It's tolerable at least. For now he decides to be polite, I mean when would any decent Changeling turn down the opportunity for what could possibly be chocolate? Actually yeah. Cookies sound good- Just then, the thump and the swearing, which causes the "pegasus" to recoil slightly, staring at the ceiling apparently offended by something he's saying. Whoa! Watch the language!

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    One good thing about having an exoskeleton, water slides right off. From the pony's perspective Steel Wind doesn't seem to get wet at all. Probably because it wasn't that much. It doesn't make it any less annoying to get sprayed-on, though. It's tolerable at least. For now he decides to be polite, I mean when would any decent Changeling turn down the opportunity for what could possibly be chocolate? Actually yeah. Cookies sound good- Just then, the thump and the swearing, which causes the "pegasus" to recoil slightly, staring at the ceiling apparently offended by something he's saying. Whoa! Watch the language!
    Oh, you Understood that, Steal? What language was it?

*Follows others inside*

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #27

Crap.

Sicale hadn't even considered the possibility that someone else might recognize the fact that he can recognize the language. So they don't need to know that either of them can speak Changlic. Just play it cool... Actually I didn't. I can just tell that whatever it was, they're words we're probably better off not knowing. Nailed it.

28. - Top - End - #28

"Yes sir!" Compass Rose darts to the cabinets and retrieves a fresh towel for Elixir. She pauses to look up at him directly with big green eyes. "I'm really sorry." She then dashes back to the counter to bring the cookies for Steel Wind. Being a hostess is exhausting! She balances the plate on her left wing like she had with the glasses before, but now, she manages to keep them safe. As she passes around the treats, she asks, "So, uh, do you all know each other already?" Great, now I'm gonna be annoying and have them all reintroduce themselves...

Once anyone begins talking, drips of juice drop onto her forehead. By Celestia I am such a mess right now... Ancient Myth will not appreciate this... "I'm still listening!" she calls as she heads into the kitchen one last time to wrap a towel around her head.

29. - Top - End - #29

Don't you dare use telekinesis! Sicale harshly reminds himself, now being one of those times where he sincerely wishes he made Steel Wind a Unicorn. Nevertheless he makes due, using one of Steel's wings to grab a cookie. Oh yes. Me and Adamant run into each other all the time. It's kinda funny really. What do they say about great minds thinking alike? Does that apply equally as well to going to the same places? He muses out loud as he takes a bite.

By the way are you okay? You look like you might need some help. Compass' fear of messing up is absolutely palpable, it's starting to become repugnant empathic secret changeling. In addition to trying to cut off the flow, Sicale does offer help out of compassion since it looks like the poor filly's being a bit overworked.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-07-02 at 02:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

*Telekinetically lifts a cookie to his mouth*
    Nom. So, is anypony else expected to arrive or is it just us?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks