New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords - Atessia

Tavi's ears, visible due to the hood of his robe being down, smooth back out from their raised position.

Ah, my apologies, companion. And to you of course, Bethana. Can anyone read this scribble? It looks familiar to me, but not enough so that I would be too confident in anything I derived from it.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Telra takes a look at the note. As part of his upbringing, he'd studied the Elven language and, whilst not as proficient as a native Elf, was fluent in it.

"Yes, I can read it. Pass it here please?"

When passed the note, he quickly reads through it before reading it aloud to the party around him.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

Telra quickly translates the note, reading it aloud as follows.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hello, sis!

I hope this letter finds you well, and with some free time on your hands, because we've got something of a problem. It's to do with father. Seems that he might have had something to do with the goblin attack, but I don't want to bring the matter to the authorities because we both know he'd just weasel out of it. You've got some pull here in town, though. If you can meet me at the Glassworks, maybe we can figure out how to make sure he faces the punishment he deserves.

In any case, I don't have to impress on you the delicate nature of the situation. If news got out, you know these local rubes would assume that you and I were in on the whole thing too, don't you? They've got no honor at all around these parts, I still don't understand how you can stand to stay here.

Anyway, don't tell anyone about this. There are other complications as well, ones I'd rather tell you about in person. Come soon.

- Tsuto."

Bethana gasps at several points during the reading; Hemlock raises an eyebrow.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Tarth listens to the letters translation and suggest the group mhead out for the glassblowers as soon as they are able. He also tells Bethana to go back home and that they will take care of this.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Upon hearing a mention of the glassblower, Tavi perks up considerably.

Yes, yes I agree. We must hie to the glass-maker at once. No interruptions. More haste and speed.

6. - Top - End - #126

Slithir hesitates for a moment, pondering momentarily and looking impatient and annoyed.

"(tengu curse word)...very well...we'll save this women that helped us, but we must hurry, every moment is another moment their plans are coming closer to fruition, it seems the rumour i heard in five kings may have had merit after all, and I will not be robbed of this chance" Slithir hesitates a moment then regains some of his composure "let's head to the glass works, and get this over with" slithir seems to be looking past the moment his eyes not really focusing while deep in thought, he turns and begins to head towards the glass works.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tarth View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have been calling dagda ratman, rabbies, and ugly the whole time. we just had a moment in the last fight where he was on fire and I helped. Plus hes nice, unlike you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He wanted to kill the bloody goblin as well!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark tilts his head slightly

Mhm, I wouldn't worry Bard, the missing woman could just as likely be related to the missing corpse, in any case..

He pauses to turn towards the Sheriff

Sheriff, the issue of payment now comes to the fore, before we make way to find the missing girl, I would like the payment we spoke of confirmed and most importantly I, and I'm sure my companions, would like to see what you can offer from the Militia's armory.

9. - Top - End - #129

Spoiler
    Show
    We're probably better equipped the town militia I suppose they might have a masterwork weapon or two

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's part of an agreement I made with the Sheriff, we are allowed access to whatever passes for an armory, may not turn up much but anything is better than nothing.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Molosse View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    He wanted to kill the bloody goblin as well!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Holy cow! Get over it. You were wrong for wanting to kill it. You did it because you were taking the easy way out and making sweeping generalizations. No one gives a flying fig about it. You were being super emotional and wasting perfectly good opportunities since you couldn't get over his alignment issues. Drop it before you make it more then a in game argument geez.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Tarth looks around and asks if we are all ready to go to the glass foundry?

13. - Top - End - #133

"Tsuto's back in town," Hemlock mutters. "Well I'll be."

He looks up at Dukark's words. "Yes, right. I talked to Kendra last night, she agreed to give you this."

Hemlock hands each of you a heavy pouch of gold coins. "That's sixty for each of you, as a thank-you for what you did in the plaza. There's still another hundred each once the goblins aren't a threat, and the armory's open to you, I'll take you by if you want to check it out."

Spoiler
    Show
    The armory contains non-masterwork versions of any simple/martial weapon or light/medium armor you guys would like (it doesn't have one of everything, it's schrodinger's armory). There's also a single potion of cure light wounds.

My posting's going to be somewhat scattered over the weekend, I'm working today and tomorrow. I've talked with everyone, 5pm est on Monday is our definite meet-time for a live session.

14. - Top - End - #134

Slihir thanks him for the coins.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm ready for the glass works when everyone else is

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Tarth accepts the coin and thinks it might be time to swap his xbow and bolts for a long bow and arrows.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Tavi tilts his head

Tsuto is, we can infer, the sister of Ameiko. But why would you react to her coming home like this, Sheriff? Was she not well liked?

Also I think I would like to take a peek at the armory. I've been curious of the utility of crossbows, but never have I managed to find both a vendor that suited me and one that fit my size.

And thank you, I suppose, for the coins. They shall come in handy for furthering my experiments.

Spoiler
    Show
    I originally had a synonym for plural male roosters in for tilts, which was censored due to another meaning of the word I suppose. Hence the edit.

Also I'm going for a light xbow and about 20 bolts. Will go ahead and add to char sheet I spose.
    Last edited by Oneiros; 2012-11-03 at 01:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Tarth-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tarth, for the last time, chill out, I've been nothing but playful with you EVERY time you've gotten worked up, again, in this instance, I was joking around about how your character latched onto mine when there's a filthy aberant walking around. Now I don't know if you're not into banter where you're from or maybe you're not getting the play of words right since it's all typed but for the last time I'm not arguing with you, I'm messing around all right? Now stop getting all upset aye? I'm not aiming to upset your arse.

Mirior-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to grab a chain shirt and a longbow and I guess I'll grab the potion since I can't heal myself any other way. Updating inventory now but may not be posting as out tonight, does a Composite weapon count as mastercrafted? If not then I'll grab a Composite +3 Longbow, if not I've already updated by inventory.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-03 at 01:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Spoiler
    Show
    the strength requirement add ons cost more then master craft, a +3 str comp long bow would be 400gp
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-03 at 01:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Geez. you are the one bringing it up all the time. Im the calm one you need to chill about it. its over.

Ive been calling him ratman the whole game and making jokes about him having rabies the whole time we played. Im not even upset. Just tired of it. To me YOU are the one getting worked up not me. use smiles or something if you are playing otherwise its you looking hurt/taking it too serious. I was about to make a health code joke about a giant rat being in a dinning room but the goblins attacked. I even watched him suspiciously while he tried to get his mount under control.

Just let it go. I am. You are a nice guy but it really looks like you are taking it personally. I have no problem playing around such as calling you a mean guy/the rat a nice one, but it just needs to be let go though. Dont have to reference it all the time. or claim im treating him different. Its a game.

Tarth puts his xbow and bolts back in his room and thanks the sheriff for the new long bow and arrows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Long bow and 20 arrows. Ill make the change on the sheet too. Is there a composite longbow in the armory? if so does it have any mod on it?
    Last edited by Tarth; 2012-11-03 at 02:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, agree to disagree I intendened it as banter, you saw it as otherwise, won't be mentioned again.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Molosse View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, agree to disagree I intendened it as banter, you saw it as otherwise, won't be mentioned again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont mind banter, its just even calisk didnt think you were playing around. Its type. its very hard to get context or intent out of it with out some sort of clue.

Character wise I bonded with the rat enough to trust his motives, during the fight when we had a few lines back and forth. Your guy was pushing to kill a captive( my guy has a anti slave/captive slant) and I am playing off the cultural miss understanding humans are prone to in this game (advanced/core race books). Ill be happy to have banter with you but do it so its clear and not just " you are treating him different!" which is how it seemed to be. Feel fre to make fun of my guys lack of tact if you want. Call him a racist and what not. Thats great, just put a smile or clue me in other wise its just a band type insult thats sometimes hard to see the playfulness.

Ill tell you right now I'm sure our guys can get along and be friends. Its just I have never seen one of your kind before, and I dont understand why you cant be healed when other normal ones can. Makes you stand out as much as the rat, only less overtly. Like its a dark secrete. Add to it the faith hunter stigma and I dont think a drifter who doesnt follow the rules would be best buds with you off the bat.

edit: also way to try and get a 400gold bow! Greedy grey man. ( this is a playful jest)
    Last edited by Tarth; 2012-11-03 at 04:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

"Tsuto's her brother. Well, half-brother. Didn't expect him to come back here after the last time, he and Lonjiku damn near killed each other after his mother's funeral. They never got on well; Lonjiku's an elf, the kid's mother's an elf, the kid's a half-elf. You see how it is."

Spoiler
    Show
    The armory doesn't have any composite bows; other than that, everything looks good. Tarth, Molosse, relax. Noone is angry at anyone, everyone is happy, it's only the limitations of text that's conveying anything different, no need to keep talking about it.

We'll pick up Monday with the trip to the glassblower's, I'll be on a bit tomorrow to answer questions.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark adjusts the new chain-shirt underneath his cloak and armour, it would not do to reveal one's true-visage upon his companions just yet, the Tengu, the Ratfolk and perhaps the Half-Breed would be accepting...

Here he grinned momentarily, pausing in his train of thought as he slid his new bow into it's holster upon his back, grabbing the lone potion he glimpsed earlier.

Yes, perhaps not quite yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    I take it we walked to the armoury off-screen? In any case I should be good for monday

"So, payment, equipment and now a path to follow. I think we're ready to go Sheriff"
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-04 at 07:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So no composite bows at all or just none with a mod? If there is none at all me and Dukak cant have one. Ill go with a normal longbow if there is none.

25. - Top - End - #145

Spoiler
    Show
    None with a mod, apologies for not being clearer.

26. - Top - End - #146

The group departed Sandpoint for the Glassworks, an hour north by foot. When they arrived, the building was closed and locked up; after scouting around the building, hearing ominous giggles from inside, Dukark and Tarth hammered down the back door.

This alerted the goblins inside, who took time away from their mutilation of dead glassworks to rush the party at the doorway. The fight didn't last long; after Tavi blew up a half-dozen of the little buggers, the remaining four panicked, and were cut down as they tried to flee (mostly by Tarth).

The group searched the glassworks, finding the bodies of the glassworkers, most notably an older elven male who had molten glass poured over his head. Nothing else of interest turned up, so the group descended into the basement.

The basement held more storage, a tunnel leading off into the darkness behind busted-down brick walls, and most notably two Kaijisu siblings. Tarth found Ameiko tied down with rope, quickly freeing her, while Dukark found Tsuto sleeping off several bottles of booze. Ameiko's shouts of relief at her rescue woke the half-elf, though, and he sprang to his feet, bow in hand, asking who the **** these people were. Dukark started off "we're with the Sandpoint Guard," and as soon as the words left his lips Tsuto started loosing arrows.

Dukark was down with two arrows in him before anyone could react, and a third arrow nearly felled Tavi before Telra and Tarth rushed into the room. Tsuto, dropping the bow, revealed a staggering talent for hand-to-hand combat, slamming Telra into a wall, nearly killing him, then turning to face Tarth. Slithir stablized the two fallen, then joined Tarth, who was taking a beating but holding his own against the half-elf's blows. The two warriors, with Tavi supporting with his crossbow, dealt blow after blow to Tsuto until he turned to flee; he ran past the group into the basement, but Tavi caught him with a well-thrown bomb, bringing the half-elf to the brink of death.

The group quickly recuperated, with Dukark using his magic to keep Tsuto in the land of the living for questioning. Ameiko explained what had happened; she had received the note from Tsuto and rushed to the glassworks, only to find her father (the man in the glass) dead, the glassworks wrecked, and Tsuto giving orders to the goblins responsible. Tsuto explained that he (and others, apparently) was taking his revenge on Sandpoint, and asked Ameiko to join him; when she called him crazy, he had the goblins tie her up and throw her in the basement.

Slithir found a book near where Tsuto had been sleeping; it was damaged by Tavi's bombs, but a few pages were still readable, enough to make clear that it was Tsuto's journal. The book was passed around, and the readable pages are reproduced below. Now the group rests, preparing to awaken Tsuto, interrogate him, then return to Sandpoint.

Spoiler
    Show
    "The raid went about as planned. Few Thistletop goblins perished, and we were able to secure the father's bones with ease while the rubes were distracted by the rest. I can't wait until the real raid. This town deserves a burning, that's for sure."
    - Tsuto's journal, page 1

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ripnugget seems to favor the overwhelming land approach, but I don't think it's the best plan. We should get the quasit's aid. Send her freaks up from below via the smuggling tunnel, then invade from the river and the glassworks in smaller but more focused strikes. The rest except Bruthazmus agree, and I'm pretty sure the bugbear's just being contrary to annoy me. My love's too distracted with the lower chambers to make a decision. Says that once Malfeshnekor's released, we won't need to worry about being subtle. I hope she's right."
    - Tsuto's journal, page 2

Spoiler
    Show

"My love seems bent on going through with it - nothing I can say convinces her of her beauty. She remains obsessed with removing her "celestial taint" and replacing it with the Beast's fury. Burning her father's remains at the Thistletop shrine seems to have started the transformation, but I can't say her new hand is pleasing to me. Hopefully when she offers Sandpoints to Rovagug's fires, her new body won't be as hideous."
    - Tsuto's journal, page 3

Spoiler
    Show
    100 gp each
    composite shortbow to Tarth
    masterwork thieves' tools to ??
    ring of protection +1 to Dukark?

470 xp, which puts everyone to level 2
    - loot
    Last edited by Mirior; 2012-11-06 at 12:28 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

After you finish recuperating, it's time to see what you can learn from Tsuto. Ameiko's gone upstairs; she doesn't want to overhear the interrogation, and as long she stays out of the workroom she thinks she'll be okay up there.

A slight touch of healing magic, and Tsuto's eyes flicker open. He's on the ground, the five of you surrounding him, let me know of any other security measures you're taking; for the moment, at least, his response is subdued.

"I have nothing to say to you," he says, as calmly as possible considering the situation.

28. - Top - End - #148

Slithir is holding his scimitar admiring the blade, when he begins to speak in a direct voice to the monk "Let's get right to it then shall we, we know your planning to attack the city, we know what you plan to do with tobyns bones and we know your in love with his daughter Nualia Tobyn, your attack on the city is coming and we're going to stop that as well".

Slithir shifts his attention form the blade and looks the monk right in his eyes.

"so why did we keep you alive? well tell us what we want to know, and maybe we can spare Nualia from a similar fate as your own"
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-06 at 10:13 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Spoiler
    Show
    failed to type the roll properly
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-06 at 10:14 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[19] intim roll, please work this time T_T