Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords - Atessia

looking at tavi's and addressing him after his question to the father "excuse me tavi, but I have a question for the father, it seems I might of found something" looking to the father "father, who is this Tobyn, seems someone has been inside here recently, do you know anything about it? I think we will need to see inside here"
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-01 at 11:24 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Telra, overhearing Slithir's conversation, walked over to examine what he'd found.

"Doesn't look very encouraging," He turned to the priest, "was Tobyn an important person?"

Spoiler
    Show

Get your own colour, calisk

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

Halfling Bard and Sylph Illusionist by Akrim.Elf, Gnome Sorcerer and her Player by me.

3. - Top - End - #93

Zantus comes over to the Tobyn mausoleum. "Oh my," he says as he pulls the door open. "Ezekias Tobyn was my predecessor, he ran the old chapel until it burned down, taking him and his daughter with it. The townsfolk built this mausoleum to remember him by."

There are two coffins inside, each with a name-bearing inscription in the stone above. One coffin for Ezekias Tobyn, one slightly smaller for Nualia Tobyn. Ezekias's coffin has been pulled from its slot, and lies open on the ground, completely empty.

"Desna preserve," Zantus murmurs.

4. - Top - End - #94

Spoiler
    Show
    hey my serious orange is definitely better then your lemon pansy orange

5. - Top - End - #95

"hmmmm...well, it's as I feared they did come for a body, a single body though is a bit odd, a necromancer wouldn't exactly be raising an army with one body, perhaps this elf needed him for a ritual or maybe he was buried with something." playing with his broken ring pondering for a moment "have you had any trouble with cults before? perhaps this elf is linked to them"
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-01 at 11:54 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96

Dukark raises his hand towards the upturned coffin.

"A moment Slithir, allow me to preform a simple... Test"

With that Dukarks hand began to shimmer, almost appearing to be dissolve and reform in a thick grey smoke, the tendrils of which began to wrap around the entirety of the tomb, silently shifting across the walls, ceiling and floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic

7. - Top - End - #97

Dukark finds no sign of magic inside the mausoleum, either currently active or lingering from a recent casting.

Sheriff Hemlock enters the mausoleum as Slithir asks his queston. "There was Chopper, but he's been dead for years. Nothing recent."

8. - Top - End - #98

"well just in case can you spare any holy water father, if we're going to track these people down and find your predecessors body we might been in need of some divine assistance especially with the potential of a necromancer being involved" slithir shifts around the room examining the place to see if their are any clues to what they might of been after.
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-01 at 12:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[22] diplo if needed

10. - Top - End - #100

Zantus's voice shakes from the audacity of stealing a priest's bones. "I, yes, of course I can make some holy water. I'll do that tonight. Do you really think the goblins are practicing necromancy? That seems so, well, beyond them."

Searching the interior of the mausoleum, Slithir notices that the second coffin, the one for Ezekias's coffin, is also empty. Hemlock speaks up as he opens it. "That one's been empty; we couldn't recover her body from the ashes. No goblin work there."

11. - Top - End - #101

"theirs small chance that goblins are the necromancers, but theirs very little chance that a normal goblin was the one that wanted this body, it's the one that did that worries me" with that Slithir stands up and heads out having seen all their is to see.
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-01 at 02:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Betraying little outgoing emotion at the failure of his original spell Dukark attempts a slight variation, dispersing the misty strands into a fine rain of grey motes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Sift

Turning his head while doing so, Dukark began to address the floundering priest

"It would be better to be prepared than to regret a course of action Father, most likely we will find no necromantic influences when we eventually find the missing body".

13. - Top - End - #103

Spoiler
    Show
    (1D20+3)[22] Requires a perception check

14. - Top - End - #104

"I hope not. Necromancy is a foul art indeed, to think of it in the hands of goblins is most disconcerting."

Dukark's questing magic uncovers nothing that hadn't already been noticed.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Sheriff, you mentioned a "Chopper"? Who was that?

16. - Top - End - #106

"well we shouldn't waste much time, or the tracks will go cold, bring us what you can father and we'll head out immediately to track these creatures down."
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-01 at 04:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Tarth is still standing outside waiting for the group to come out. He has been trying to study the land getting ready to track the the trail back out east if needed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I want to spend then 20 mins getting a 20 in my tracking/perception roll to follow the trail please.

18. - Top - End - #108

"Chopper was a madman, hit the town five years back," Hemlock says to Tavi. "Killed a couple dozen people in a month before Casp Avertin nicked him and I tracked him down. The man had a shrine to the Rough Beast set up in his basement, stuff I wish I could unsee. But he's certifiably dead, and we ain't had trouble of that sort since."

While they speak, Father Zantus speaks with Slithir. "Now? I don't have any holy water available now, but I can have some first thing tomorrow morning, as much as I can make. Even a small chance of necromancy is no laughing matter."

Outside at the head of the goblin trail, Tarth can see Bethana, the tavernmaid he spoke with the day before. She's hurriedly walking down the street, head pivoting to look inside storefronts and windows, looking for something or someone - she doesn't seem to have noticed you.
    Last edited by Mirior; 2012-11-01 at 07:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Tarth sees Bethana moving though the streets. She seems to be frantic in her search. " Hey Bethana! Everything ok you look a little lost" Tarth says as he walks over to her.

Spoiler
    Show
    I want to do a sense motive check on her just in case. (1d20+4)[17]

20. - Top - End - #110

"Tarth!" She starts running towards you, words tumbling out of her mouth, frantic, near-panicking, slightly relieved to see you. "She didn't come back and I can't find the sheriff and she said it might be dangerous and help!"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Tarth catches Bethana as she nearly stumbles in her hurry. " Calm down lass! Tell me what happened. Did something happen in town?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Whats the elf ladies name again?

22. - Top - End - #112

"It's Ameiko! She got a note, and she said she had to leave, and she said if she wasn't back two hours after lunch to fetch the sheriff, and it's been two and a half hours and she hasn't come back and I don't know what to do!"

Bethana's words tumble out in a heap. Hemlock, hearing the shouting, heads out the mausoleum door and starts walking towards Tarth and the barmaid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ameiko Kaijitsu is the elven woman who runs the Rusty Dragon. Also, are people available for a live session around 5pm eastern time on Monday? I've been asked to work Sunday. The time is flexible, to an extent; I can go somewhat earlier, or plenty later.

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler
    Show
    should be able to, also my saturday game was cancelled this week if that's a better time for everyone.
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-02 at 07:10 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Still somewhat curious about Chopper, Tavi follows the Sheriff out of the mausoleum, quickly noticing Tarth and Bethana and forgetting his half-formed questions.

What is going on? Why is the barmaid here?

And why are you holding her? This hardly seems the time for that
    Last edited by Oneiros; 2012-11-02 at 11:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Im not holding her she fell little guy, Shes saying Ameiko has gone missing. I think we need to go and search the Inn to find some clues. Turning to Bethana tarth asks if she has any idea what this might be about.

26. - Top - End - #116

"She left the note, but I can't read it, and I don't know where she went, and..." Bethana seems to be in no hurry to climb out of Tarth's arms; leaning against him, she pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket.

The writing on the note is in Elven script, quickly scrawled with sloppy handwriting.

27. - Top - End - #117

Slithir heads out to wait for the group outside the graveyard, and to see how Tarth's search for the trail is going. he comes upon the scene with Bethana and overhears tarth's explaining the situation to Tavi, and calls for the others.
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-02 at 01:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Awkward....

29. - Top - End - #119

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, why do I get instant suspicion because I have slightly different features, grey skin and can't be healed. But the Rat-Man hybrid that bleeds disease is completely fine? Inconsistent for a racist character Tarth!.

Shrugging his shoulder and enjoying the ply of wind across his face after the stuffy tomb, Dukark follows Slithir into the overcast day, taking note of the Rat-folk and the Ranger conversing with the barmaid from the day before.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-02 at 01:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I have been calling dagda ratman, rabbies, and ugly the whole time. we just had a moment in the last fight where he was on fire and I helped. Plus hes nice, unlike you.