New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords - Atessia

Spoiler
    Show
    To note: We'll be using Tarths' grappling hook with the attached rope to tie him to the chair he was seated upon, the ropes are further secured with the chains we found keeping Ameiko(?) captive, he is then placed within the room we found the captive and stripped of all armour, his weapon is given to Tarth for keeping.

I would also request if I can question the victim privately? If ,of course, Calisk' intimidate fails.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-06 at 12:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Make sure hes tied up people! dont want to have to save you and him again! Did we head back to town yet?
    Last edited by Tarth; 2012-11-06 at 11:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Tsuto opens and closes his mouth a few times before speaking. "How do you know that?" he finally asks, incredulous.

Spoiler
    Show
    As I understand it you guys are still in the glassworks basement, correct me if I'm wrong. Tsuto didn't have any weapons or armor to remove other than his bow, Tarth's bow now. :D

4. - Top - End - #154

Slithir shrugs "we aren't looking for questions, what I want to hear from you is answers, tell me exactly what your group is after?"

Slithir waves his hand around as he speaks and looks a little bored "yes I get your little group is trying to bring forth a demon, and I get your personal enjoyment in hurting those of the village, but could you really be so simple? I actually would of thought the reject of glass maker would of tried harder to impress"
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-06 at 02:02 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Telra nursed his injuries, he had a pounding headache after that last fight. Healing magic helped but always left a bizarre tingling sensation. He leaned against one of the tunnel walls, eager to be getting back to the surface.

Spoiler
    Show

HP roll (minimum of 1, here's hoping the forum roller is kinder to me than the Roll20 one) - (1D8-1)[4]

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

6. - Top - End - #156

"**** you, bird!" Tsuto lunges against his binds, face contorted. The ropes hold, however, and the half-elf only succeeds in toppling his chair over, hitting the ground with an undignified thud, cutting his curses short.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bookkeeping!

I have everyone's current hp as...
    Dukark: 6/10
    Slithir: 14/14
    Tarth: 21/22
    Telra: 5/11
    Tavi: 17/17

Slithir and Tarth have 1 hero point, the rest of you now have 2 hero points.

7. - Top - End - #157

Slithir looks more unimpressed "you done? you better start talking or my friend here is going to take over" Slithir points to Dukark "he looks eager to break you, and he's as angry as I am bored".

Slithir sheathes his blade, stands up and waits for his reply

Spoiler
    Show

I had hoped he'd be the kind of egotistical villain eager to spill his plan, oh well still pretty funny
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-06 at 05:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

Tsuto stares up at Dukark from his position on the floor. "Do what you will," he spits, "I'll never betray her."

9. - Top - End - #159

Slithir reaches down and grabs the monk by the throat, showing his restrained anger "Look you little piss ant, you listen to me, you listen really closely, and hopefully you'll learn something, we know where she's going to be, and we know what she's after, we will find her, and it's all thanks to you, so think about this during the events to come, your stupidity has already betrayed her more then anyone else in your little group, I could of protected her, I could of made sure she was taken care of, but apparently you don't know a good deal when you see one"

With that Slithir drops his head hard into the ground taking care to leave his claw mark on the monks neck and backs away watching tsuto.

With that Slithir turns and leave the monk to his fate.
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-06 at 08:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark smiles. Just once.

Leave us, we will be finished shortly

He moves himself to the recently vacated desk and seats himself, drawing the journal to his fore, refraining from glancing upwards as the rest of the party leaves the room, lifting the captive from his squirming position to reveal a bloodied nose.

He opens the journal to a fresh page and retrieving the quill-tip from where it had fallen against the floor he begins to write. Not once glancing at the now bloodied half-elf.

11. - Top - End - #161

Tsuto's eyes go wide as he recognizes his journal, but he doesn't break the silence, his look of surprise slowly changing into a sullen glare.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark continues to read, scratching a small note along the border every now and again, pointedly ignoring the captive for the most part.

You understand you will not be walking away today alive.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-07 at 01:00 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Spoiler
    Show
    you should do it over skype so it'll be done quicker, and also so nobody has any idea what you did

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Walking out of containment room, Tavi decides to finish up with his current, simplistic project. Beckoning Arugula over to him, he looks around for a likely spot to set up his equipment and soon begins, with beakers bubbling, flasks fizzing, and other alliterative combinations combusting away.

The odor of his endeavors soon permeates the basement area, though he went off to a storage room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flask o' acid, boyyyyyyyyyy

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark leaves the room, a scrap of the late-captives jacket serving as a cloth to clean his recently bloodied blade, he turns to his waiting companions.

"We have arrayed against us the remnants of the goblin tribe we have been encountering a bugbear, the girl herself who is apparently a cleric of some kind, a few mercenaries and..."

He pauses to motion down the tunnel

"A horde of creatures down the tunnel-way, Molocks by the description, apparently with a leader of some sort along with a forgotten beast, finally the timing of the attack is unknown, though we should have time to return to town for rest and supplies before venturing down"

He turns back to the party

"Our enemy has been communing with demons, lost-creatures and goblinkinde, they have the support of infernal forces and posses a convoluted and tactical plan... We will need the full support of the town and the fiefdom as a whole, as of now we should leave with all haste to gather allies and power"

With that Dukark sweeps past the stunned party and heads upstairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Transcript of the convo for any major details:

There are ruins directly underneath Sandpoint - the glassworks tunnel connects to them. A quasit rules the ruins, controlling her "freaks;" they're clearing rubble from a staircase that'll open on the town square, the freaks will come up during the attack.
    Nualia's paid several visits to the quasit, and has been learning some of her magic from the demon.
    The goblin attack is less settled, Tsuto's been arguing for splitting the forces, have half attack from the coast, half come up through the glassworks tunnel and attack from the north.
    Bruzthamus has been pushing for an immediate attack, but Nualia's delaying; there's something underneath the Thistletop goblins' lair, and she's thinks that if she can free it it'll join them and blow Sandpoint's defenders away.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-07 at 08:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Unfolding his arms, Slithir is a bit unsurprised with Dukarks return but is satisfied with the results.

"Good we will head into town to prepare, let's do this quickly time doesn't seem to be on our side".

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Telra pushes up from against the wall, standing straight again. A pained expression crossed his face, "We're going further underground?"

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark pauses abruptly to turn to the struggling half-elf

"For now? No, we return to town, soon after? Yes. This issue of yours will need to be dealt with"

Dukark turns bodily to the half-elf

"We shall be beset from all sides Telra, we will need your skill, do not fail us in this"

Again, he moves to the stairway, moving upwards to the wrecked interior of the glass-works.
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-10 at 08:11 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

At the top of the stairs, Ameiko gasps at the sight of Dukark's blooded blade. "Is he..." She can't finish the sentence.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark glances at the tearful woman

"He is dead yes, there was no pain and the time he was granted has given us opportunity to prevent future atrocities. We have little opportunity to dawdle, collect what you need. We set off within the minute."
    Last edited by Molosse; 2012-11-08 at 01:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mirior View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Bookkeeping!

I have everyone's current hp as...
    Dukark: 6/10
    Slithir: 14/14
    Tarth: 21/22
    Telra: 5/11
    Tavi: 17/17

Slithir and Tarth have 1 hero point, the rest of you now have 2 hero points.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thats because I was already a hero. Got to keep up boys!

22. - Top - End - #172

Ameiko nods. "He deserved it," she says, although her voice lacks conviction. She needs no urging to join the group as you leave the glassworks behind and return to Sandpoint.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pausing for a bit before moving ahead with your return, to make sure everyone has a chance to speak up if they're doing something before they leave. Tavi finishes the flask of acid during Dukark's interrogation.

For our next live session, I'm working on finding out my availability on Sunday; I'll definitely be available at the same time or earlier Monday, I'll let you know about Sunday as soon as I find out.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Arugula, I have to confess that I don't quite know how this happened. This certainly is not any sort of "elixir of life", quite the opposite. Were you to try drinking it I fear the worst. Best to keep it, I suppose. As an example to myself, if nothing else.

Disappointed, Tavi packs up and trundles off back to town 'longside the group with his trusty packrat Arugula in tow.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Would anyone else be interested in doing both sunday and monday this week?

25. - Top - End - #175

Spoiler
    Show
    If my schedule allows for it, I'm willing to do both Sun/Mon
    Last edited by Mirior; 2012-11-08 at 07:56 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Spoiler
    Show
    3 days of dnd will be a tough one for me, we'll see though, my saturday game barely requires me to be their thanks to the legendary party split, i'll see what I can do for monday, but i'm good for sunday anyway.

27. - Top - End - #177

Spoiler
    Show
    well I think we waited long enough for every ones input, can we skip to when we get back to town and inform the city of the coming attack.
    Last edited by calisk; 2012-11-09 at 02:58 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

The sun is setting as you head towards Sandpoint, light skipping across the waves; by the time you reach the town, night has fallen. The autumn chill's sets in, a slight gust with the smell of salt rolls over you from the sea. The town streets are empty, the townsfolk huddled inside with their lamps and lanterns and warm fires; noone wants to be caught outside if something worse than yesterday's raid is coming.

One of Hemlock's guards is patrolling the edge of town with a torch as you approach; he recognizes you straight away, and rushes over. "Ameiko! Are you alright?"

"Lonjiku's dead," Ameiko says. Her voice has steadied since leaving the glassworks. "And there are more goblins coming. They know what's going to happen," nodding at you.

The guard takes a moment to take this in, then turns towards the group. "Belor'll want to hear this straight away. He should still be at the guardhouse. Ameiko, I'm sorry for your loss. You should go see Father Zantus, he'll know what to say."

Spoiler
    Show
    It's looking like Sunday is a go; everyone get on Skype when you're able, we'll start once everyone's on (if you know it won't be until after a certain point, let us know). We'll figure out whether we're meeting Monday at the end of Sunday's session.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Dukark nods softly at both the guard and Ameiko before turning to the rest of his party.

"I will be able to inform the guard of what information we have gathered, as well as organize our payment, I suggest we meet at the Inns common room the following morning, we shall collect whatever equipment we need and head back to the glass-works. Is this acceptable?"

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Tavi nods distractedly and begins moving away from the group, back to the room, off to his tomes and burners and well-ventilated spaces. Arugula plods after him, ready for rest.

As soon as he attains his room once more, Tavi immediately unpacks and begins preparing to experiment

Spoiler
    Show
    Preparing Plague Vial, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Bomber's Eye. CLW is still infused.

Preparing 5 more catalyst vials (had 4, takes me to 9)

Beginning craft work on Drow Poison (DC 13, 750 sp market value)

heh forgot the roll go team
    Last edited by Oneiros; 2012-11-10 at 08:56 AM.