New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    "Hello, ladies.

Look at your ninja, now back to me. Now back at your ninja, now back to me.

Sadly, he isn't me. But if he kills his best friend, takes his brother's eyes, and absorbs 1st Hokage Cells, he could seem like me.

Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a world full of Ninjas forever fighting and never gaining peace.

What's that in your eyes, back to me. I gave it to you, it's a Sharingan.
    Look again, your Sharingan are now Rinnegan.

Anything is possible when you're Madara Uchiha.

I'm on a Wood Dragon."
    I hate to just repeat what's already been said, but thread-winner, right here.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

We've still got 46 pages left. If we're so sure that wins the thread, that'd mean we can only go downhill from here. Let's instead challenge it.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, the Rasengan is now Naruto's trade mark, since he's pefected it with Nature Chakra, and then developed the Rasenshuriken. The Rasengan was considered incomplete by Yondaime without Nature Chakra.

He used it against Danzo, actually.

Also,

"Hello, ladies.

Sadly, he isn't me. But if he kills his best friend, takes his brother's eyes, and absorbs 1st Hokage Cells, he could seem like me.

Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a world full of Ninjas forever fighting and never gaining peace.

I'm on a Wood Dragon."
    You, sir, are awesome!

On Tsukuyomi: Sasuke has it, but his is not so strong. It is said that the strongest/best Tsukuyomi is Itachi's where he could make 2 seconds seem like 2(0?) years of torture...
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    We've still got 46 pages left. If we're so sure that wins the thread, that'd mean we can only go downhill from here. Let's instead challenge it.
    I'd like to see you try, but this is top notch.

just sayjin'...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #94
    Colossus in the Playground

Sasuke used tsukiyomi on Bee too iirc. I dont think it worked very well. But then, he got stomped a LOT in that battle, lucky amaterasu was about all that saved his stupid ass.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

It’s weird Naruto is heavily inspired by Dragon ball but it fails to be funny. While latter on in DBZ and GT it lost it’s humor when the mangaka lost a lot of his interest. Yet looking at the rock lee bit it’s obvious he can be funny so why is Naruto itself so lame when it tries to be funny?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"Hello, ladies.

I'm on a Wood Dragon."
    You sir are a jonin and a scholar, bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Sasuke used tsukiyomi on Bee too iirc. I dont think it worked very well. But then, he got stomped a LOT in that battle, lucky amaterasu was about all that saved his stupid ass.
    I seem to recall a throw away line that Bijuu if cooperating with their host can act as an outside chakra source disrupting any genjutsu and presumably you can't genjutsu the beast itself since it has no external substance

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by Nekura View Post
    It’s weird Naruto is heavily inspired by Dragon ball but it fails to be funny. While latter on in DBZ and GT it lost it’s humor when the mangaka lost a lot of his interest. Yet looking at the rock lee bit it’s obvious he can be funny so why is Naruto itself so lame when it tries to be funny?
    GT wasn't made by Toriyama, so of course it's going to lack his style. And if you look at the Kid Buu saga, you see a lot of his signature comedic style. Hell, the world is literally saved by (a man named) Satan. That's the kind of comedy he does (that and Vegito literally playing with Super Buu when fighting him).

The Buu Saga was a big return to form for Dragonball. Sadly Naruto hasn't had a storyline like it yet.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    GT wasn't made by Toriyama, so of course it's going to lack his style. And if you look at the Kid Buu saga, you see a lot of his signature comedic style. Hell, the world is literally saved by (a man named) Satan. That's the kind of comedy he does (that and Vegito literally playing with Super Buu when fighting him).

The Buu Saga was a big return to form for Dragonball. Sadly Naruto hasn't had a storyline like it yet.
    I didn’t find the Buu arc funny maybe it was better in the manga but bibbitty bobbitty buu and the whole Hercule/satan thing wasn’t funny to me. I found the original Dragonball to be much funnier then DBZ.

Both had people win a tournament fight with a fart but Krillan wasn’t the MAIN character and the whole no nose thing made it work Naruto doing against Kiba not so much. Between Naruto stepping in poo repeatedly (although I think that was filler) and checking the gender of animals it was a lot of comedic fail.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

I didn’t find the Buu arc funny maybe it was better in the manga but bibbitty bobbitty buu and the whole Hercule/satan thing wasn’t funny to me. I found the original Dragonball to be much funnier then DBZ.

Both had people win a tournament fight with a fart but Krillan wasn’t the MAIN character and the whole no nose thing made it work Naruto doing against Kiba not so much. Between Naruto stepping in poo repeatedly (although I think that was filler) and checking the gender of animals it was a lot of comedic fail.
    If dogs cared at all about bad smells it would have made more sense.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    If dogs cared at all about bad smells it would have made more sense.
    Kiba is not a dog.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kiba is not a dog.
    But he had a dog's sense of smell.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Banned

But he had a dog's sense of smell.
    But he has a human brain and human sensibilities. He cares about bad smells.
    Compare it to people with echolocation abilities. They act nothing like bats. They just happen to share an ability with them. It's the same with Kiba.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-10-31 at 09:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

But he has a human brain and human sensibilities. He cares about bad smells.
    Well obviously he cared, but it makes no sense if he had a dogs sense of smell, which was apparently why it was such a devastating blow to him. If he had a dog's enhanced senses but couldn't stand bad smells that's waaaayyy more of a disadvantage than an advantage.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

Well obviously he cared, but it makes no sense if he had a dogs sense of smell, which was apparently why it was such a devastating blow to him. If he had a dog's enhanced senses but couldn't stand bad smells that's waaaayyy more of a disadvantage than an advantage.
    He is able to turn it on and off, so I don't see why it's such a big deal. Have you ever read Daredevil? His senses work the same way, except he can't turn it off and he's blind and he gets along just fine.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

He is able to turn it on and off, so I don't see why it's such a big deal. Have you ever read Daredevil? His senses work the same way, except he can't turn it off and he's blind and he gets along just fine.
    Enhanced hearing being bothered by things our ears don't pick up is a thing. Enhanced olfactory senses being overpowered much less so.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Keep in mind that this was also a point blank attack. If his mouth had been open, kiba would have swallowed this fart he was so close. So take a ripe pungent fart, the kind of festering nastiness that makes us cringe and retch, then magnify it a dozen times over to match his heightened sense of smell and the shock of it happening right then with no warning.

Its not that huge of a disadvantage normally. Im sure there are all sorts of techniques for the inuzaka to keep stink bombs from killing them, otherwise they would be taken out of fights rather quickly in general. Kiba was just caught totally flat footed by this event. Sort of like how a flash bomb wouldnt do much good in a fight if the enemy knows its coming. And the advantages are noticeable. Being able to smell someone hiding nearby in ambush, having the ability to track things down like a bloodhound, using that sense of smell to unleash your most devastating attacks, (the one that needs scent marking to use accurately)

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #107

Man, all this talk of the early days of Naruto make me wish for the days of the Zabuza arc, and Naruto's fight with Neiji.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I'm out of the loop. Did the new chapter come out yet?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Hey, I'm out of the loop. Did the new chapter come out yet?
    On break this week.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Mostly agree, but I will point out that Toriyama's puns and other word play work much better in Japanese. The Buu Saga was still awesome though.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

This is true for me as well. Pretty much all the stuff that happened during the tournaments was good for a few laughs, Goku and Roshi singing/Permawerewolf dude/Goku's Mad Dog attack. Though it had its share of crappy humor as well, how many times did Goku wind up sticking the power pole up someone's butt and laughing about it?

I don't think a lot of those moments are intended to be funny, and you're right that the poo was filler. The entire fart thing came when Kishi was still pushing Naruto as the number one unpredictable ninja. That slowly gave way and we wound up with a nice, short training arc with Ebisu and Jiraya ending in Naruto's fight with Neji which was stupendous, especially the ending.

The funny part of Naruto's fight with Kiba came when he was transformed into Akamaru, bit Kiba, and then got pissed at Kiba because of the horrid taste. That said, I don't think the fart was why Naruto won, it certainly helped but he likely could have landed the Naruto Rendan without it. What won it for him was his fairly ingenious tactics such as his use of transformation.

22. - Top - End - #112

I disagree, kiba had naruto on the ropes, he couldnt use his techniques because that seal orochimaru put on him made it take too long to summon the chakra for them, so kiba was fast enough to keep interrupting him. Its not impossible that naruto would have eventually managed to pull it off, but then again, he was taking a LOT of painful hits and not really doing much in return. He was pretty banged up by the time of the fart, and I doubt he would have taken many more hits without staying down.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Banned

Enhanced hearing being bothered by things our ears don't pick up is a thing. Enhanced olfactory senses being overpowered much less so.
    Usually, Daredevil gets bothered by real loud noises that normal people can hear, actually.
    About olfactory senses being overpowered, that happens to Daredevil at least once a ear. Recently in Peter David's run he got captured exactly because of this. I'm pretty sure it has happened to Wolverine as well. Enhanced senses being overloaded is a fairly common trope, regardless of sense involved.
    I have no idea how scientificly correct it is, but it's consistently portrayed as such and that's all the suspension of disbelief I need. I think that applies to most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Man, all this talk of the early days of Naruto make me wish for the days of the Zabuza arc, and Naruto's fight with Neiji.
    Man, I miss Neji. He used to be my favourite Naruto character.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-11-01 at 10:45 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    On break this week.
    Thats what I figured. Thanks for telling me.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Usually, Daredevil gets bothered by real loud noises that normal people can hear, actually.
    About olfactory senses being overpowered, that happens to Daredevil at least once a ear. Recently in Peter David's run he got captured exactly because of this. I'm pretty sure it has happened to Wolverine as well. Enhanced senses being overloaded is a fairly common trope, regardless of sense involved.
    I have no idea how scientificly correct it is, but it's consistently portrayed as such and that's all the suspension of disbelief I need. I think that applies to most people.

Man, I miss Neji. He used to be my favourite Naruto character.
    Thinking a bit more about this, myself. Ed in FMA used this himself, he transmuted ammonia out of drenched explosives to overwhelm two of Kimbley's guards.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    Thinking a bit more about this, myself. Ed in FMA used this himself, he transmuted ammonia out of drenched explosives to overwhelm two of Kimbley's guards.
    Somehow, that came off as more ingenious than it did with Naruto
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow, that came off as more ingenious than it did with Naruto
    Thats because Edward Elric is so much more badass its like he is from another planet
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Thats because Edward Elric is so much more badass its like he is from another planet
    He loses extensive badass points every time someone mentions a word having to do with shortness in his hearing range. But yeah, eddy is pretty badass.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

It is more realistic with sound because strong enough vibrations actually cause physical damage to your ears (similarly with sight).

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    It is more realistic with sound because strong enough vibrations actually cause physical damage to your ears (similarly with sight).
    Right. Incredibly strong smells might make it harder to smell other things but it isn't damaging. And farts are not strong enough to cause that sort of reaction. Dogs spend a lot of time sniffing other dogs butts.
    Spoiler
    Show