New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

Mind you I still liked him roughly up to the formation of team Hebi, once he fought with Itachi and decided to destroy Konoha... a shame really, as you say it could have worked somewhat.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

I just wish he had made the obvious frigging connection. Orochimaru, itachi, even madera to an extent. they got strong in konoha. Itachi especially. Konoha has trained a large number of incredibly powerful shinobi, and until this giant frigging history lesson/war thing with the edo tenseis, a pretty damn clear majority of the most powerful nin in history were leaf nin. So running away from konoha? Stupid.

I mean, I can see WHY he left, he was irrational. He saw the dead last catching up to him, he had the curse seal whispering promises of power in his mind, he got his ass beat by an itachi who barely even cared enough to beat him half to death and mind rape him again, Then he gets shown an easy and fast power boost with promises of more of the same. He was a total moron, but he wasnt really in the right frame of mind to make logical decisions anymore. Too bad he couldnt have witnessed the sound 4 get their collective asses beaten with their stage 2 seals by a bunch of genin. It might have made him realize the power boost wasnt THAT impressive.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still not entirely convinced that the whole Itachi thing was a retcon and not just bad writing. I mean, quite a bit doesn't make sense, but some other stuff makes more sense. To begin with, if we take away the Itachi was good all along thing, what the hell was Itachi's goal? He told Sasuke it was to test himself. Not only is that stupid, it doesn't fit how Kishi writes villains.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Watched anther couple of Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth episodes...

Seriously, who do I have to fillet with a blunt, rusty spoon to get this dubbed and released on DVD? I mean, I'm a Lich with access to a starship fleet, I can kill anyone necessary, really, s'no trouble at all...! Genocide? I can do that too, c'mon guys, whatever you need...!

Frag that show is stupendously awesome!

Also (and because they took the rip out of the concept in the aforementioned), I reaaaallly want to see Road to Ninja, because personality inverted Hinata and Sasuke in particular look rib-cage explodingly hilarious...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-12-13 at 08:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I'm still not entirely convinced that the whole Itachi thing was a retcon and not just bad writing. I mean, quite a bit doesn't make sense, but some other stuff makes more sense. To begin with, if we take away the Itachi was good all along thing, what the hell was Itachi's goal? He told Sasuke it was to test himself. Not only is that stupid, it doesn't fit how Kishi writes villains.
    I'm with you. Yeah, some stuff doesn't make sense and I'm sure there are some retcons in the story but I don't think Itachi being a good guy is one of them. It's just my take on it, though.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

This has to be the most hilariously adorable stalker-face I have ever seen.

Spoiler
    Show

Also, no matter how many times they do, seeing Neji in a dress never gets old.

Frag, I love this show.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I just wish he had made the obvious frigging connection. Orochimaru, itachi, even madera to an extent. they got strong in konoha. Itachi especially. Konoha has trained a large number of incredibly powerful shinobi, and until this giant frigging history lesson/war thing with the edo tenseis, a pretty damn clear majority of the most powerful nin in history were leaf nin. So running away from konoha? Stupid.

I mean, I can see WHY he left, he was irrational. He saw the dead last catching up to him, he had the curse seal whispering promises of power in his mind, he got his ass beat by an itachi who barely even cared enough to beat him half to death and mind rape him again, Then he gets shown an easy and fast power boost with promises of more of the same. He was a total moron, but he wasnt really in the right frame of mind to make logical decisions anymore. Too bad he couldnt have witnessed the sound 4 get their collective asses beaten with their stage 2 seals by a bunch of genin. It might have made him realize the power boost wasnt THAT impressive.
    Plot shields, with such a ultimate defense at your disposal any foe will go down eventually.

For example I might, and will, laugh at the power of the Rinneghan and Pain since he couldn't hit the vital points of a girl(Hinata) lying defenseless below him.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sotharsyl View Post
    Plot shields, with such a ultimate defense at your disposal any foe will go down eventually.

For example I might, and will, laugh at the power of the Rinneghan and Pain since he couldn't hit the vital points of a girl(Hinata) lying defenseless below him.
    Plot shields doesn't actually render the point moot; if anything, it should have made Sasuke realise he could have (better) plot shields if he'd stuck around too...

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Plot shields doesn't actually render the point moot; if anything, it should have made Sasuke realise he could have (better) plot shields if he'd stuck around too...
    Not really a plot shield is dependant on how important to the plot you are, Sasuke as a rogue agent is much more important/interesting then good boy Sasuke who stayed in Kohona, he would be a second Neji.

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Sotharsyl View Post
    Not really a plot shield is dependant on how important to the plot you are, Sasuke as a rogue agent is much more important/interesting then good boy Sasuke who stayed in Kohona, he would be a second Neji.
    Well with an extra few levels of protection by being on the main protagonists team. Neji is more a background character really.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    As much as I love good-Itachi during this whole war arc, I will admit his suddenly being good all along was a total retcon, and not a very well-done one at that.

Murdered his entire clan, not just the masterminds behind the conspiracy but all the women and children and spared his brother only to literally torture him with a Genjutsu of him reliving the most horrible moment of his life over and over.

There is no part of this plan that's a good idea.

Granted, when he came back during the war arc and broke the control over his body to go fight Kabuto, he was one of my favorite characters, but his heel-face-turn was still BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    It really depends on how you define "good guy". Did Itachi have good intentions? Yes. Did he do good things? No.

Did his decisions ultimately achieve his goals? No. That's the whole point of his character. He wanted to protect Sasuke, and eventually suicide-by-cop from him. And he was willing to brainwash and mind-rape him to do it. That's not a good thing, and Kishi isn't trying to make us see it as one.

That's why he has a conversation telling Naruto to rely on his friends and not do everything on his own. Because that's exactly what Itachi always tried to do, and it's a large part of what drove Sasuke off the deep end.

Itachi exists as a foil; not just for Sasuke, but also for Naruto. He took the burden entirely on himself in order to protect what was important to him, and did it alone. Doing whatever was necessary. He exists so that Naruto can know not to tread that path, and that--however well-intentioned--he can't shut his friends out of the fight out of a desire to protect them.
    Last edited by VanBuren; 2012-12-16 at 06:31 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    It really depends on how you define "good guy". Did Itachi have good intentions? Yes. Did he do good things? No.

Did his decisions ultimately achieve his goals? No. That's the whole point of his character. He wanted to protect Sasuke, and eventually suicide-by-cop from him. And he was willing to brainwash and mind-rape him to do it. That's not a good thing, and Kishi isn't trying to make us see it as one.

That's why he has a conversation telling Naruto to rely on his friends and not do everything on his own. Because that's exactly what Itachi always tried to do, and it's a large part of what drove Sasuke off the deep end.

Itachi exists as a foil; not just for Sasuke, but also for Naruto. He took the burden entirely on himself in order to protect what was important to him, and did it alone. Doing whatever was necessary. He exists so that Naruto can know not to tread that path, and that--however well-intentioned--he can't shut his friends out of the fight out of a desire to protect them.
    This, so much this.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post

Did someone comment on it being wrong ?

Don't get me wrong I find brainwashing completely immoral and would never support it, but when Itachi explained his Koto trap did anyone there Naruto,Bee comment "that is evil" so that we know 100% that Kishi is on the same page as us?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Banned

No one did and I would love if authors did this more often. "Character X did Y, and it was terrible" is bad writing.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    No one did and I would love if authors did this more often. "Character X did Y, and it was terrible" is bad writing.
    I disagree with this, in a world like Naruto which has access to well magic they must have come up with ethics dealing with that magic which we in RL couldn't have developed.

Naruto's morality is very similar to ours (Japan) but diverges on several key points and I feel the author should have characters give us their (his judgement).

For example child soldiers at 12 is considered a-ok, there was some hints that at earlier ages even they understood it wasn't healthy but in RL child soldiers at any age is very very bad.

Also Edo tensei I always play undead factions in games so I'm pretty cool with the undead, those two jounins talking about how evil it was really helped me get into the culture of the Naruto verse ok I'm not 100% against Edo's but since Kishi had them explain their point of view I could sympathise with it.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Woah. Goodbye, Neji. ):
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    NEJI! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Neji. And is that friction between Obito and Madara? The dangers of taking an Uchiha as a student (even if the teacher is also Uchiha).
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Neji. And is that friction between Obito and Madara? The dangers of taking an Uchiha as a student (even if the teacher is also Uchiha).
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Uchiha are basically like Sith, so proud and vain to work mainly with eachother, and destined to kill the people closest to them for more power...

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    meh, noble sacrifice or not, this (and the following 2 i guess) are mainly chapters to charge up the determinator in naruto, then he will start going loose and rip his way through the uchiha emos
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So I read this weeks chapter and... I just find myself not caring about Neji. I was much more emotionally invested in his character the first time Neji should have died, and cared a great deal more then. Now it's just "Oh, he's dead again. Hm."

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Uchiha are basically like Sith, so proud and vain to work mainly with eachother, and destined to kill the people closest to them for more power...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically my thoughts. Would that make Itachi Bane, since he effectively instituted the Rule of Two, sort of?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I read this weeks chapter and... I just find myself not caring about Neji. I was much more emotionally invested in his character the first time Neji should have died, and cared a great deal more then. Now it's just "Oh, he's dead again. Hm."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thus in a twisted kind of way, Jiraiya and the Third Hokage got a better deal than Neji. He was probably top of the list for "reasonably popular characters who can die to show the readers it's gotten serious". Tsunade might be dead, being split in half an' all, but he intentionally left that vague so it doesn't count.

And Obito shows his villain cred by gloating over it. Hey Naruto, you said nobody would die. Well I killed your friend, so you suck.

Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

24. - Top - End - #414

Interesting peek at the future (from my perspective); wonder what Kishi's got in stored if he's starting this now. There's still at least another year and a month to go.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    Interesting peek at the future (from my perspective); wonder what Kishi's got in stored if he's starting this now. There's still at least another year and a month to go.
    Wait, you mean it's been confirmed the manga will end in January 2014?
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

26. - Top - End - #416

Not confirmed, but in an interview in July it was let slipped that there was another year and a half to go. It was also admitted that with the way things were going, it was probably going to last longer than that.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...than-1.5-years
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417

Best chapter this week.

Also,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't recall Neiji dying before, what are you talking about Zero?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

He is proberly refering to the fight in the forrest with the spider-archer?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    He is proberly refering to the fight in the forrest with the spider-archer?
    Yes, this is what I'm referring to. Where Neji and Chouji should have died, but were Deus Ex'd back to life.

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    Yes, this is what I'm referring to. Where Neji and Chouji should have died, but were Deus Ex'd back to life.
    ....he should of died then? I...really don't recall anything happening back then that should of killed him.