Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Right. Incredibly strong smells might make it harder to smell other things but it isn't damaging. And farts are not strong enough to cause that sort of reaction. Dogs spend a lot of time sniffing other dogs butts.
    Farts can be rank enough to make MY eyes burn, and me choke on the stench. I cant even imagine what would happen if my nose was 5x more sensitive. Why dont doggy noses explode in rank smells? I dunno, but its probably similar to why they dont see the same colors we do. A human nose that is 5x stronger than normal would process smells differently than a bloodhound would. So who is to say they wouldnt be brutally overwhelmed by what we already consider to be strong and noxious odors?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Right. Incredibly strong smells might make it harder to smell other things but it isn't damaging. And farts are not strong enough to cause that sort of reaction. Dogs spend a lot of time sniffing other dogs butts.
    See, the thing here is that you're thinking of how dogs smell. Not how humans would smell if their sense of smell was amplified to be as strong as a dog's. By this I am not saying that they'd replace their normal, human sense of smell with a dog's, just that their sense of smell would be much stronger. That is what Kiba has, and since humans can have strong reactions to farts (not all farts and not all humans of course), the reaction would likely be also likewise amplified.

    Dogs are used to smelling butts. Humans aren't. And certainly not while their sense of smell is amplified.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Xondoure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I'm sure it's somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    See, the thing here is that you're thinking of how dogs smell. Not how humans would smell if their sense of smell was amplified to be as strong as a dog's. By this I am not saying that they'd replace their normal, human sense of smell with a dog's, just that their sense of smell would be much stronger. That is what Kiba has, and since humans can have strong reactions to farts (not all farts and not all humans of course), the reaction would likely be also likewise amplified.

    Dogs are used to smelling butts. Humans aren't. And certainly not while their sense of smell is amplified.
    See when I look at the clan with it's dynamic marking abilities and shapeshifting into canine abilities, I'm pretty sold on the fact that Kiba's abilities are all dog like, and not necessarily human. Even so, a human with amplified smelling probably still wouldn't have that reaction. For one, he wouldn't instantly smell it since that requires breathing in. And secondly, as has been mentioned, overloading the olfactory senses is very different than bursting ear drums or blinding someone. The smell has to be very strong. Farts don't cut it.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show


    3DS Friend Code: 3411-1771-4133
    Friend Safari: Dunsparce, Minccinno, Eevee

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    See when I look at the clan with it's dynamic marking abilities and shapeshifting into canine abilities, I'm pretty sold on the fact that Kiba's abilities are all dog like, and not necessarily human. Even so, a human with amplified smelling probably still wouldn't have that reaction. For one, he wouldn't instantly smell it since that requires breathing in. And secondly, as has been mentioned, overloading the olfactory senses is very different than bursting ear drums or blinding someone. The smell has to be very strong. Farts don't cut it.
    When I look at the inuzaka, I see them being able to alter themselves to look more feral, not turning into dogs. Their teeth get longer and sharper, so do their nails, and I think their hair gets wilder. They dont grow tails, or fur, or even start to speak in bow wows. If anything, they tend to turn their dogs into feral looking humans. They have that one big attack where they become a two headed wolf sure, but that doesnt mean they have literal dog abilities anymore than gamabunta is growing a fur coat because naruto turned him into the kyuubi once.

    They dont have dog noses transplanted onto them, they have human noses that are as sensitive as a dogs, (give or take, I dont know if they ever quantified it exactly) and if we can be made ill off a smell without a boosted sense, I dont see the problem in a highly boosted human nose feeling like its on fire when it smells something awful.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Land of Wind and Shade
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    It was a bad joke, and the fact that a Fart ended the fight should be looked down upon as an immature solution to a fight the character shouldn't have won otherwise.

    Fart humor was never funny, and that's all it was.
    God Tier John + Zillyhoo by Derjuin
    Plushrump ITP!



  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    It was a bad joke, and the fact that a Fart ended the fight should be looked down upon as an immature solution to a fight the character shouldn't have won otherwise.

    Fart humor was never funny, and that's all it was.
    Ya, sadly for you there's quite a few people who disagree with you. Scatological humor has been a mainstay of the species humor since we could string sentences together. We've found fart jokes in the ruins of Pompey. Something doesn't continue as long as far and crap jokes unless people find them funny. You may not find them funny but hey...your opinion and all that.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    It was a bad joke, and the fact that a Fart ended the fight should be looked down upon as an immature solution to a fight the character shouldn't have won otherwise.

    Fart humor was never funny, and that's all it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Ya, sadly for you there's quite a few people who disagree with you. Scatological humor has been a mainstay of the species humor since we could string sentences together. We've found fart jokes in the ruins of Pompey. Something doesn't continue as long as far and crap jokes unless people find them funny. You may not find them funny but hey...your opinion and all that.
    Louis C.K. once explained why fart jokes are funny. It boiled down to:

    1. It comes out of your ass.
    2. It smells like poop because that's where it's been.
    3. It makes a little trumpet noise.

    Really, I don't think there's anything wrong with finding fart jokes funny. It's just a silly bodily function.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drolyt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Ya, sadly for you there's quite a few people who disagree with you. Scatological humor has been a mainstay of the species humor since we could string sentences together. We've found fart jokes in the ruins of Pompey. Something doesn't continue as long as far and crap jokes unless people find them funny. You may not find them funny but hey...your opinion and all that.
    I disagree. It is something only the immature find funny, because the "funny" is based on nothing more than the taboo nature of the subject. There is nothing intelligent or thought provoking about that kind of humor.
    I am willing and able to evaluate and critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want an evaluation or a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Socratov's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Below sea level
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    [QUOTE=Tebryn;14155497]Ya, sadly for you there's quite a few people who disagree with you. Scatological humor has been a mainstay of the species humor since we could string sentences together. We've found fart jokes in the ruins of Pompey. snipQUOTE]

    that would explain why they didn't run away from the exploding volcano

    Debater of the Tyrion Lannister fanclub

    “The gods help those who help themselves, and my word, didn't I help myself.” - Avatar by the awesome Grinner

    Old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Original Tyrion by Smuchmuch:



    Pony Tyrion by Elemental:


  10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I disagree. It is something only the immature find funny, because the "funny" is based on nothing more than the taboo nature of the subject. There is nothing intelligent or thought provoking about that kind of humor.
    That reason only works in societies where farts are of a taboo nature though.

    Humor is very culturally subjective. For instance, nowadays a lot of people find puns lame, whereas a century or two-three-four ago they were regarded as being near the pinnacle of humor.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I disagree. It is something only the immature find funny, because the "funny" is based on nothing more than the taboo nature of the subject. There is nothing intelligent or thought provoking about that kind of humor.
    And Naruto was an anime written for high brow intellectuals that are in their mid 40s or older?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Socratov's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Below sea level
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    And Naruto was an anime written for high brow intellectuals that are in their mid 40s or older?
    Traab vs. Drolyt: 1-0

    Debater of the Tyrion Lannister fanclub

    “The gods help those who help themselves, and my word, didn't I help myself.” - Avatar by the awesome Grinner

    Old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Original Tyrion by Smuchmuch:



    Pony Tyrion by Elemental:


  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Giegue's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Yeah...Naruto has more then just the fart jokes when it comes to immature humor. I mean, just look at the recent Obito flashbacks. There was multiple poop jokes. MULTIPLE POOP JOKES. This manga was obviously created with an audience much younger then much of the playground in mind and to that audience what some here believe to me "immature" would probably be quite funny.
    Last edited by Giegue; 2012-11-02 at 01:06 PM.

    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

    Where did you start yours?

    In one of the many palaces of the BBEG, with the PCs as his dining guests.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Giegue View Post
    Yeah...Naruto has more then just the fart jokes when it comes to immature humor. I mean, just look at the recent Obito flashbacks. There was multiple poop jokes. MULTIPLE POOP JOKES. This manga was obviously created with a audience much younger then much of the playground in mind and to that audience what some here believe to me "immature" would probably be quite funny.
    It is called shounen for a reason.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Are we really discussing that fart joke from the like... second arc for two pages? And that's because Kishi skips a week? What will happen to this threat when the story ever ends? Will we go on and on about... about...
    ...
    No, I think fart jokes is as low as it can get. Excuse me.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I disagree. It is something only the immature find funny, because the "funny" is based on nothing more than the taboo nature of the subject. There is nothing intelligent or thought provoking about that kind of humor.
    Nonsense. Even toilet humor can be well-crafted. Louie's second season premier did a marvelous job using the entire episode to set up a fart joke worked wonderfully. Not the least of which because the episode set you up to expect something much worse.

    Maturity isn't a factor. If farts can't be funny, then you're just not being creative. Not that Kishi was being creative, but there you are.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drolyt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Nonsense. Even toilet humor can be well-crafted. Louie's second season premier did a marvelous job using the entire episode to set up a fart joke worked wonderfully. Not the least of which because the episode set you up to expect something much worse.

    Maturity isn't a factor. If farts can't be funny, then you're just not being creative. Not that Kishi was being creative, but there you are.
    I don't really disagree with you here. The thing is, the only "funny" thing about the joke was the fart. It wasn't well crafted or creative. To find just that funny is immature.
    I am willing and able to evaluate and critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want an evaluation or a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    INoKnowNames's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Not in a Ga Hospital.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    We've gone from "Madara Uchiha: The Ninja Your Ninja Could Be Like" to Farts.



    I tried asking this question to a friend in real life, so I'll ask it again here: with the complete assistance of Kurama, will Naruto be able to defeat Sauceboss since his aquisition of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan?

    Also, how will a completely unbound Kurama fair in the Leaf Village once the War is over?

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I tried asking this question to a friend in real life, so I'll ask it again here: with the complete assistance of Kurama, will Naruto be able to defeat Sauceboss since his aquisition of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan?
    Well, he at least shouldn't have to worry about genjutsu with Kurama countering it the way 8-tails does for Bee. That's the one straight up trump card that would formerly have been an instant win for one side.

    With that out of the way, both sides have attacks and defenses of such ridiculous magnitude that it's really up to author fiat which attack beats which defense.
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)

    Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    I don't really disagree with you here. The thing is, the only "funny" thing about the joke was the fart. It wasn't well crafted or creative. To find just that funny is immature.
    According to you, anyway. On the other hand, I'd argue that trying to categorize the maturity level of a person based on what amuses them isn't terribly mature either.

    Some people find farts funny, others don't. I don't think you can really draw anything more substantial out of it than that.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Also, how will a completely unbound Kurama fair in the Leaf Village once the War is over?
    It's ok, Naruto and Kurama brofisted they HAVE to be ok with it.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's ok, Naruto and Kurama brofisted they HAVE to be ok with it.
    I'd say after Kurama helps to stop the ninja world war the villagers should be fine... but since this is the village that shunned it's heroes son because he was burdened with imprisoning the evil that nearly destroyed their village they might as well decide to kill half their war heroes afterwards.


    But really I don't think Kurama will live in the village. He's just too big. I guess the tailed beasts will just... I don't know. Migrate to some place far away from humanity. Or die.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'd say after Kurama helps to stop the ninja world war the villagers should be fine... but since this is the village that shunned it's heroes son because he was burdened with imprisoning the evil that nearly destroyed their village they might as well decide to kill half their war heroes afterwards.


    But really I don't think Kurama will live in the village. He's just too big. I guess the tailed beasts will just... I don't know. Migrate to some place far away from humanity. Or die.
    Well, lets be honest. If Naruto doesn't become Hokage, he becomes a sage like Jirayia and just travels around. The entire world will be his home, and I imagine that's big enough for Kurama.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

    Additionaly: OOC Thread!

    Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

    Avatar by Elder Tsofu. Thanks!

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Socratov's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Below sea level
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well, lets be honest. If Naruto doesn't become Hokage, he becomes a sage like Jirayia and just travels around. The entire world will be his home, and I imagine that's big enough for Kurama.
    I would actally prefer that to him becoming hokage...

    Debater of the Tyrion Lannister fanclub

    “The gods help those who help themselves, and my word, didn't I help myself.” - Avatar by the awesome Grinner

    Old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

    Original Tyrion by Smuchmuch:



    Pony Tyrion by Elemental:


  25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    I would actally prefer that to him becoming hokage...
    I wouldnt. That was his goal. Day 1, being hokage was his goal. Day 100 it was his goal. Day 1000 it was still his goal. To have him be the grand victor, the big badass who saves the world, then say, "See ya guys, im goin wanderin!" just would strike me as wrong. Dont get me wrong, I see a thousand and one ways that could be the end result, I just would like that whole grand happy ending.

    Unfortunately, I have the sinking feeling we wont get it. In order to end up that way we would need the full return of the king treatment, which means hinata or SOMEONE would have to be the acknowledged partner of naruto, so we could have the grand wedding, the grand crowning of the kage hat, the cheering crowds, the triumphant speech, and fade to black. But naruto has no partner, he got his triumph with the end of the pein arc right? I mean, the full on cheering, everybody loves him acknowledgement he had been after all his life? While im sure there will be some big ceremony, possibly even one where the hat gets offered to him, I bet naruto will turn it down and proclaim that he has achieved his goals, and instead of being kage, he will wander the world solving problems and promoting peace, or some such thing. Possibly with kurama next to him. He will be kwai chang kane with a fox.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morph Bark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Freljord

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    At this point, I wouldn't mind if Naruto no longer became Hokage. Yes, it's been his lifelong goal, but why? It was to get recognition from others and be respected, later on to protect the village as well. I think after all of this Naruto will be getting recognition and respect from everyone in all the five major countries (plus the Land of Iron, and of course the Land of Waves), so he might not feel like he needs the position anymore. Plus the greatest threat has been taken out, so the village is in less need of protection, at least for a little while until squabbling arises between countries again. Being a travelling sage might befit his idea of protection better, or he may be inclined to take up the path out of respect for his mentor.
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Xondoure's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I'm sure it's somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    He might just become Kage, as ruler of the united ninja world.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show


    3DS Friend Code: 3411-1771-4133
    Friend Safari: Dunsparce, Minccinno, Eevee

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drolyt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Some people find farts funny, others don't. I don't think you can really draw anything more substantial out of it than that.
    You just aren't trying hard enough.

    Seriously though, would you find it odd if a grown adult liked Sesame Street and watched it every day? If so, why? If not, why not? Besides, it is observational fact that younger people find scatological humor funnier. There are other possible explanations for that, but I find it likely that it is simply a matter of maturity.
    I am willing and able to evaluate and critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want an evaluation or a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    You just aren't trying hard enough.

    Seriously though, would you find it odd if a grown adult liked Sesame Street and watched it every day? If so, why? If not, why not? Besides, it is observational fact that younger people find scatological humor funnier. There are other possible explanations for that, but I find it likely that it is simply a matter of maturity.
    Maturity isn't a sliding scale. You don't become "Mature" at a certain age. People are immature about things and mature about other things. You don't find scatological humor funny. That's cool. Calling people who find it funny children isn't just presumptuous but insulting. Anderson Cooper laughed at a fart joke on air to the point he couldn't do his show for a few mintues. Do you consider Anderson Cooper, one of the most recognized American News Anchors of our age, as a child? Not to mention Observational Fact also shows that full grown adults find scatological humor funny. Chaucer, considered widely as one of the greatest English Authors of all time, had more than a few fart jokes in his Canterbury Tales. Is that book somehow -less- because of it? What you "simply find" to be a matter of what ever has no baring on anything at all. Do you know Le Petomane? I'd look him up.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-11-03 at 12:55 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Drolyt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Maturity isn't a sliding scale. You don't become "Mature" at a certain age. People are immature about things and mature about other things. You don't find scatological humor funny. That's cool.
    Nothing to disagree with so far.
    Calling people who find it funny children isn't just presumptuous but insulting.
    I don't recall ever doing this. There is a difference between saying something is immature and saying it is wrong to like something immature. I read Naruto don't I?
    Anderson Cooper laughed at a fart joke on air to the point he couldn't do his show for a few mintues. Do you consider Anderson Cooper, one of the most recognized American News Anchors of our age, as a child? Not to mention Observational Fact also shows that full grown adults find scatological humor funny. Chaucer, considered widely as one of the greatest English Authors of all time, had more than a few fart jokes in his Canterbury Tales. Is that book somehow -less- because of it? What you "simply find" to be a matter of what ever has no baring on anything at all. Do you know Le Petomane? I'd look him up.
    I still don't recall where I said that anyone who laughs at a fart joke is a child? Was it the Sesame Street example? I was simply offering a counterpoint to the claim that someones interests have no bearing on their maturity, I wasn't trying to say that there is something wrong with someone who enjoys scatological humor. I still maintain it is immature, but I'm not sure this conversation is going anywhere.
    I am willing and able to evaluate and critique homebrew material. PM me a link if you want an evaluation or a critique. If this applies to you too, put this in your sig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •