Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground
    Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

Maybe if Guy had Katsuyu (Tsuande personal summon, the slug) attached to him and Katsuyu had enough chakra then Guy maybe able to activate all eight gates and survive.

• Guy activates the eight gates
    • Katsuyu heals Guy (as shown by the pein arc)
    • Tsuande gives her chakra (from a distance) to Katsuyu (as shown by the pein arc)
    • Naruto/Nine Tails replenishes Tusande's chakra if it is needed (as shown by the nine tails replenishing Kakashi's chakra)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Wait, what?
    I was kind of exaggerating Zodiac's post before mine about how knowing the name makes you bros and in synch.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    But it would be AWESOME!
    It would be. It'd be paying off something they established early on. The Eight Gates are a thing, but we've only seen like what, five of them? I want all eight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Maybe if Guy had Katsuyu (Tsuande personal summon, the slug) attached to him and Katsuyu had enough chakra then Guy maybe able to activate all eight gates and survive.

• Guy activates the eight gates
    • Katsuyu heals Guy (as shown by the pein arc)
    • Tsuande gives her chakra (from a distance) to Katsuyu (as shown by the pein arc)
    • Naruto/Nine Tails replenishes Tusande's chakra if it is needed (as shown by the nine tails replenishing Kakashi's chakra)
    Unfortunately I don't think that'd work. The Eight Gate's probably does something more damaging then even super OP healing like that can heal. Like that whole "seal your and my soul into that one demon" thing that the third hokage did to Orochimaru's arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I was kind of exaggerating Zodiac's post before mine about how knowing the name makes you bros and in synch.
    they BROFISTED. They have clearly reached full synchronization and hit ultimate level 99. Or something like that. I'm only working with what they gave me, and the whole "bro fisting Kurama" thing was presented in a way that made it seem really super awesome.
    Shin Megami Tensei FS: Season Two!

Additionaly: OOC Thread!

Lets Watch: RWBY, an experiment in self torture.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It would be. It'd be paying off something they established early on. The Eight Gates are a thing, but we've only seen like what, five of them? I want all eight.
    I thought Guy released seven to use Afternoon Tiger?
    Art - Homebrew - Avatar adoptions - Eberron in Pathfinder - Pactio!
    Spirit Artist in the Playground

5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    I'm fairly sure it was six.
    Also, good to see you around, Prime32.

EDIT: Just checked, he does open the 7th gate to use Hirudora. Didn't remember that.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-11-16 at 06:21 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately I don't think that'd work. The Eight Gate's probably does something more damaging then even super OP healing like that can heal. Like that whole "seal your and my soul into that one demon" thing that the third hokage did to Orochimaru's arms.
    What you are describing is possible, it is possible releasing the eight gates causes magical death with no stopping it.

But from what has been describe so far is the eight gates aren't some magical hocus pocus, they just merely enhance the body tremendously and massively increase chakra in exchange for damaging your body. Your body naturally has these gates, these limiters are there for the body doesn't want to hurt itself.

According to Katsuyu she can heal a Tsuande who has been bisected in half by a giant tree which would have caused the massive shredding of organs as well as here entire body being in two separate places with nothing connecting the halfs anymore. If Katsuyu can do that kind of healing it is very possible I would even argue likely that she could heal a person heart which has beaten so fast that it goes out (this is what releasing the eight gate does.)

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Afternoon Tiger? I thought it was Morning Peacock? Is 8 gates going to be Midnight Panther?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    What you are describing is possible, it is possible releasing the eight gates causes magical death with no stopping it.

But from what has been describe so far is the eight gates aren't some magical hocus pocus, they just merely enhance the body tremendously and massively increase chakra in exchange for damaging your body. Your body naturally has these gates, these limiters are there for the body doesn't want to hurt itself.

According to Katsuyu she can heal a Tsuande who has been bisected in half by a giant tree which would have caused the massive shredding of organs as well as here entire body being in two separate places with nothing connecting the halfs anymore. If Katsuyu can do that kind of healing it is very possible I would even argue likely that she could heal a person heart which has beaten so fast that it goes out (this is what releasing the eight gate does.)
    Good point, but I kind figued releasing the eight gate would do worse then just being ripped in half and then crushed by a tree. Like, it completely liquifies your innards and bones type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Afternoon Tiger? I thought it was Morning Peacock? Is 8 gates going to be Midnight Panther?
    Theoretically, something with the name Midnight could work. Since using the Eighth Gate is essentially a death sentance, it's the midnight (or twilight) of your life. It's actually a really clever naming scheme, if true.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

1: Front Lotus
    3: Reverse Lotus
    6: Morning Peacock
    7: Afternoon Tiger
    Strawberries = awesome avatarist.
    Current Projects:
    EMPIRE! -- A Community World-Building Game full of role-playing and strategy
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show
    Campaign setting! Homebrew Tier Compendium! NPCs!
    FanFiction.net | DeviantART | Homebrewer's Signature

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Good point, but I kind figued releasing the eight gate would do worse then just being ripped in half and then crushed by a tree. Like, it completely liquifies your innards and bones type of thing.

Theoretically, something with the name Midnight could work. Since using the Eighth Gate is essentially a death sentance, it's the midnight (or twilight) of your life. It's actually a really clever naming scheme, if true.
    Hell, with the way it is described, I pictured 8 gates as working like your body literally explodes internally from the sheer energy being released. Your muscles and such implode pretty messily even with 5 gates, and there is so much power being released and used that your body literally falls apart from the stress, and only the fact that your likely incapable of feeling pain any longer allows you to last until the chakra burns out and your carcass collapses to the floor. With 8 gates, instead of all your muscles and tendons and such bursting, and your bones cracking from the strain like 5 gates, your entire body, internal organs and all are burst under the sheer force and pressure. You are dead in that instant, and its only raw energy keeping you on your feet. I dont think throwing more energy into the mix would help any.

I actually had this mental image of 8 gates working like a half dozen akamichi red pills, and literally converting your entire body into chakra. You end up as a human shaped biju until the energy wears off and your consciousness passes on since unlike a demon, you cant regenerate the energy needed to stay in existence.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

they BROFISTED. They have clearly reached full synchronization and hit ultimate level 99. Or something like that. I'm only working with what they gave me, and the whole "bro fisting Kurama" thing was presented in a way that made it seem really super awesome.
    Well, that's possibly sure for Naruto/Kurama and Kisame/Hachibi but Naruto knowing the others names doesn't really make them synchronized in my books... ah, whatever

Concerning the eight gates... Well, it is one thing to fix a body that is broken even in two halves if you have super awesome regeneration powers (what Katsuyu might be able to do with Tsunade) but if your heart stops and you are actually dead for how ever long it is quite something else, I guess. Maybe.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Banned

Part of Guy's theme is the 4 gods of Onmyoudo (Suzaku, Byakko, Seiryuu, Genbu).
    Suzaku is represented by Asa Kujaku, Byakko by Hirotora, Seiryuu by Guy's nunchuks and Genbu by his turtle summon.

EDIT: This means that if we do get a Night/Midnight/Twilight move for guy, it could be either Midnight Dragon (likely, nunchuks are a small connection and dragons are very commonly there for your ultimate power), Kirin (sometimes depicted as the Sixth Fifth Ranger of the Gods) or Emperor (the Center position and also the Gods were said to protect the chinese emperor). The Emperor is sometimes called a dragon as well, so Midnight Dragon sounds more and more likely.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-11-16 at 09:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

I kind of want the last move to be a variant of the Lotus, since it's so iconic.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

I kind of want the last move to be a variant of the Lotus, since it's so iconic.
    Center Lotus? I could see it working.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Center Lotus? I could see it working.
    Final Lotus seems a bit more fitting of a name. It takes 8 gates, and is literally the last move you will make. But how would it be an improvement over the inital lotus? What would make the move suitably epic, other than the fact that the user will be moving like speedy gonzales with the hirashin? Hmm, for starters, the speed on the move itself should be lethal to the target. At 8 gates, I wouldnt be surprised if grabbing your opponent whiplashes him so hard his neck snaps from the sudden acceleration. Going 0 to mach 4 in an instant cant be easy on the g-forces. I can also picture an attack so fast that it almost appears to have a time delay effect. You grab your enemy so fast that there is a blur, and suddenly he is on the ground, a second later the ground collapses into a crater, and then the sound reaches you. A second after that, blood spurts out of every square inch of his body as it suddenly realizes, "holy crap, I just burst every organ in my torso and my skin has ruptured all over!" Madera, (or whoever has a sharingan active at the time) is thinking to himself, "What in Kami's name? I missed most of that attack even WITH my mangekyo active!" And we get to see the few bits of the move that were actually caught by those eyes.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Banned

Final Lotus seems a bit more fitting of a name.
    It doesn't match the theme, though. Front Lotus, Back Lotus. "Initial" and "Reverse" is just trying to make it look cool in English.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Dragon's Canter Lotus. You get grabbed, and in a sheer explosion of chakra, the both of you vanish. Three yeras later on the anniversary of your dissapearance, a comet soars through the sky, and it seems to move the stars so that it makes a constallation of you, giving the world a thumbs up.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Dragon's Canter Lotus. You get grabbed, and in a sheer explosion of chakra, the both of you vanish. Three yeras later on the anniversary of your dissapearance, a comet soars through the sky, and it seems to move the stars so that it makes a constallation of you, giving the world a thumbs up.
    Guy called: he agrees with you wholeheartedly. *flexes*

Debater of the Tyrion Lannister fanclub

“The gods help those who help themselves, and my word, didn't I help myself.” - Avatar by the awesome Grinner

Old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Original Tyrion by Smuchmuch:

Pony Tyrion by Elemental:

19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground

Long list of possible terrible results of all 8 gates
    Just imagine Guy + Edo Tensi(Infinite Chakra+Instant Regeneration)

That would probably be even better than Edo'd Madara

Sidenote: I love how this thread went from talking about the Rinnegan/Sharingan stuff(Hence the title) to talking about the 8 gates. Perhaps we picked a title too early
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

The eight gates are infinitely more interesting then eyeball powers at this point, because at this point "my eyeballs let me blink flames at you" is the least ridiculous power they have.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post

Sidenote: I love how this thread went from talking about the Rinnegan/Sharingan stuff(Hence the title) to talking about the 8 gates. Perhaps we picked a title too early
    Hmm, offset the big wide area attacks madera can do, with speed of light level single target attacks that are so fast they might as well be aoe attacks. I mean, when 20 people hit the ground within a second of each other, each with a hole where their torso used to be, I think its allowable to call that a wide scale attack. :p

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post

Oh shush you, Madara, you just want us talking about you.

Edo Tensei Guy would probably be the best instrument of justice ever. He's going ETERNAL EIGHT GATES DYNAMIC ENTRY and you can't stop him.
    Current Projects:
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Edo Tensei Guy would probably be the best instrument of justice ever. He's going ETERNAL EIGHT GATES DYNAMIC ENTRY and you can't stop him.
    Also, there is something deliciously creepy to a zombie ninja covered with gore smiling at you and preaching about the "power of youth!"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground

Also, there is something deliciously creepy to a zombie ninja covered with gore smiling at you and preaching about the "power of youth!"
    If you're an immortal zombie, is it still considered youth? Or does it become "Unyouth"? or something..

O noes! Morph has figured out my evil plan!

Pshh, to quote myself, "Oh well."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Ehm, it hasn't been tried as of yet, but can an edo tensei create an edo tensei by itself? (they can regain control, and so far IIRC no dead guy has used edo tensei before)

Since one of the largest risks is the fact that edo tensei requires a lot of chakra. so an edo Tensei could be like a perpetuum mobile (killing doesn't automatically ends edo tensei) making sustainable energy by use of zombies available

Spoiler
    Show
    new chapter was cool i guess. I mean, The sage mode wasn't just an inbetween powerup for naruto (it only lasted shortly while he didn't know Bee yet), but actually sticks, and is useful. I'd love to see how this stuff will play out.

Debater of the Tyrion Lannister fanclub

“The gods help those who help themselves, and my word, didn't I help myself.” - Avatar by the awesome Grinner

Old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Original Tyrion by Smuchmuch:

Pony Tyrion by Elemental:

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

So I remember us discussing what would happen if war is indeed stopped what happens to the very large shinobi population?

Well a tie-in novel has been recently been published in Japan "The Thunder Chronicles: The Day the Wolf Howled" in which the setting is a former shinobi village which has discovered another source of profit, medicine, the shinobis who don't join the much smaller defensive army are pretty much treated as second class citizens.

It's so bad that Sasuke imagines Naruto in this situation trying to talk to people but everyone ignoring him, Sasuke then laughs at the image because he's a ass .

If somebody's interested the discussion thread is here we get a actual translation starting at page 19 and the official translation thread is here.

It's a fan effort so we have only bits and pieces translated and on Naruto Forums, but waiting for a official translations will be years amd it's a really interesting take on the shinobi world.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

I like this new chapter for two reasons. One, seeing Kurama tacticisize during this fight really helps establish that yha, dude's actually legit good at this.

Secondly, and more importantly, it seems Obito and Madara may not see exactly, 100% in line with each other. Interesting...

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Kurama is just getting better and better.

Shame there was no Sage/Kyuubi fusion now for a second time, but I guess that's being saved for the final of the finalest.
    Current Projects:
    Analyzing RPG Systems
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Ehm, it hasn't been tried as of yet, but can an edo tensei create an edo tensei by itself? (they can regain control, and so far IIRC no dead guy has used edo tensei before)

Since one of the largest risks is the fact that edo tensei requires a lot of chakra. so an edo Tensei could be like a perpetuum mobile (killing doesn't automatically ends edo tensei) making sustainable energy by use of zombies available

Spoiler
    Show
    new chapter was cool i guess. I mean, The sage mode wasn't just an inbetween powerup for naruto (it only lasted shortly while he didn't know Bee yet), but actually sticks, and is useful. I'd love to see how this stuff will play out.
    That might have been an interesting method to use. Do a single edo tensei of whoever, then have THEM do the mass edo tensei. You control the one guy and he with his limitless chakra summons up the rest.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Secondly, and more importantly, it seems Obito and Madara may not see exactly, 100% in line with each other. Interesting...
    They are two separate beings why would they not have their own opinions on one thing or another? In fact, I guess it is pretty likely that Obito will abandon Madara at some point. Probably when we learn what happened to Rin.

That might have been an interesting method to use. Do a single edo tensei of whoever, then have THEM do the mass edo tensei. You control the one guy and he with his limitless chakra summons up the rest.
    Hm... I guess there's some reason you can't do a recursive loop like that. Edo Tensei is pretty hax but that would be ridiculous. Also, you risk losing all your zombies by losing one.

On the new chapter... not too much to say. It was decent and kind of cool but not too much really happened... We know Kurama isn't just some stupid monster by now and I kind of dislike how the Juubi is like made out to be some godlike creature instead of just a powerful monster... seems a bit too over the top to me.
    "What's done is done."