New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

"He specifically said he didn't was us wit' 'im when 'e does 'is business. Nice chap" she looks down at herself. "Don't know how 'e thinks 'e's gonna link up wit' us later. His business. Anyway. We got maybe seven minutes 'til I go back to looking like Hell's Chippie. Let's see if I can commandeer something before that happens."

Spot:(1d20+3)[22]
    Listen:(1d20+3)[18]
    Hide:(1d20+3)[4]
    Move Silently:[rol]1d20+3[/roll]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

The group begins to head for the docks, sans the Badger.

"Just a thought," North begins, "the docks ain't a seven minute walk from 'ere. Perhaps, with you still lookin' like 'im and all, 'e could shackle ourselves and you could be leadin' us somewhere. 'Course, if en someone saw through that disguise we'd be a bit bugged."
    ---
    Willem takes the third path on the y, the one headed to the right. This is a path many of the other prisoners took, including the one that formed a three man group. This path seems to be getting a lot more activity then the others as well, aside form just the prisoners. Willem has already seen about half a dozen civilians pass him.

OOC question for Pietato:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This building your looking for, is it disguised as a house or...

3. - Top - End - #273

"No need for shackles. I jus' need tell 'em you all accepted a pardon in exchange for doin' a dirty job for some nob, an' I'm comin' with you to make sure you keep up your end. Of course, that'll fall apart once I look like misself again; but if we grab a small boat. And you weren't flappin' your lips about sailing, we could be a long way away by morning".

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

"Shall we go?" And with that, he began on his way to the docks, done with waiting around.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    I figured it was just a home. Nothing says "I am an upstanding citizen" like a regular old house.

The Badger keeps a quick but steady pace as he walks about town, giving people friendly nods as he passes them on the street, and otherwise remaining as inconspicuous as possible. He picks up his equipment, stocks his backpack, and makes his way to his associate's home to drop off a handful of stolen prison records.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Badger finds his equipment, seemingly undisturbed. He reaches the house after a few moments, passing a few more people on the way. Deep down he can feel he's being watched.

Four minutes pass, and the group reaches the docks. They're at the top of an incline, the cobblestone roads now turned to dirt. A set of wooden stairs lead down to the level dock. Wood paths cross in every direction, amongst crates and dock workers and a few torch posts, the paths eventually leads to the end, spying upon an endless sea. Four boats of different sizes are anchored, none of them without a crew.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone know anything about boats? Ideally there are enough sailers in the group that they don't need to get some other people to sail them away. Vlamad isn't hopeful.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2012-11-20 at 09:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amidst the sounds of the dock workers and the sea gently crashing against the docks and shore, you can hear the faint ring of the church bells deeper into town.

"Aye. I know a thing or two," he gestures his hand out to the boats, pointing at the largest one, "'at one's used fer shippin' large quantities o' things. She ain't fast but she'll hold up to a hole er two. Less likely ta ge' tossed around in the waters. The one next to it," he points to a ship that resembles the first, but not as long and it bit more narrow, " that'un 'ill be much like the other, 'cept a bit faster and a li'l less sturdy. I think that's a passenger boat. If ye could see under the water, you'd notice it's taller than the others. More room below deck for sleepin'. If in we wanted, we could probably buy our passage. 'as two row boats around the side to," then he points to the last two, they look very identical. "Those are about the same. A lot less space, but if it was jus' the five o' us, that wouldn't be a big issue. Fast, for ships. We'd want to avoid combat and shallow waters though. They won't hold up ta much."

OOC note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know little to nothing about boats, if they ever become a large part of the game I will buy the relevant book or at least start studying up on them.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like a sturdy ship. It would be safest. A fast ship would be better if we're being pursued, and we could sell it once we're far away. We couldn't sell a ship we bought passage on. Though we wouldn't be chased if we bought passage. Choice of a ship depends on our wealth, chance of being followed and willingness to violate laws. What do you think our wealth, chances of being followed, and willingness to violate laws is?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Dependin' on yer ethics, I see nothin' stopping us from sellin' a ship we buy passage. All it takes is a knife or two in the dark." North smiles chuckles for a moment. "Considerin' where we all met, I'd say none of us is too above the law. 'Fraid I haven't a copper piece though, but I have a little bit in this pack to trade. Most o' dese guards' weapons are a good quality. What we got for gold between us?" He looks around for a moment, waitin' on an answer, then looks out to the sea. "Doubtin' we'd be followed. Assuming the 'alfling knows what he's doin'. Even then, Haark's a small town. Don't think any of our crimes were too considerable. We should be clear for the rest of the world out from here. Lessen any a yous been barred from any other cities out there."

11. - Top - End - #281

"Small 'n Fast 'ill do. I do not plan on us bein' innit too long." Although the mental image of herself in pirate costume, screaming "Avast! Ye dogs! Sail in Sight" while brandishing her scimitar from the maintop excites her a little. "Just long enough to get us somewhere we aren't wanted. As for assets, well. We gots no cash, but this Mace is worth a little to the right buyer. Question is anyone awake to sell it to."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've got a breastplate that I'm sure could be sold for a pretty penny. Maybe even given to a guard on the ship who pays for us. And I'd rather not commandeer a ship, so my vote goes for the passenger ship."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd support a passenger ship.

14. - Top - End - #284

Zombie

The badger knocks on his Lowtide associate's front door and waits just a few moments before sliding his stack of prison records under the door and making his way to the docks. He keeps his eyes moving as he walks, and stops a few times to "pick a rock out of his shoe" and look behind him. As he reaches the docks, he keeps his eyes out for a group of suspicious-looking folk potentially stealing a boat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Willem comes out of an alley way atop a rocky dirt hill, the hill has a sharp incline that would lead down to the docks, but it appears to be a very precarious route. To his right, he can see his companies atop the wooden stairs that lead to the docks.

North looks to his left, towards The Badger. "It would appear our companion has arrived," he turns towards the group and begins backpedaling towards the steps, "shall we get moving then?" Turning again, he continues towards the docks.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, let's choose a ship and aquire it, quickly before someone notices us. I vote for the sturdy ship.

17. - Top - End - #287

Zombie

Willem walks up to the group's side but stays a comfortable distance away. He speaks without turning his head. "Act natural, folks. I think someone has eyes on me. I assume we've a plan for leaving soon?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

I think we're going to buy passage on a ship.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2012-11-29 at 06:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The breastplate and mace should be enough, I'd be doubtin' anyone would be awake to sell it, but it should be enough for a trade," North starts towards the passenger ship, "anyone wanna take care of negotiations, or should I handle our prospective cap'n?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

You can handle it. I'm gonna keep watch so you get warned if someone suspicious is coming. Vlamad will watch the way behind them.

21. - Top - End - #291

Zombie

The Badger clicks his teeth and continues walking. "I've likely enough gold to buy us passage if you're all willing to have outstanding debts. As for the gear..." He turns his head partly to look at North and partly to steal a glance backward. "I'd rather not try to fence recently lifted goods."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

You buy us passage then!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

North continues down the steps, heading towards the ship. Amidst the crossing pathways of the docks, several members of the various crews walk supplies back in forth. There is a woman sitting on a crate in front of the ship. Her bronzed hair meets the middle of her back in waves, and she wears a buttoned hide vest. A small dagger is tucked into her leather pants, which lead into an over sized pair of boots. A couple in front of her hand her a coin purse and walks on board the ship. North stops in front of her.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does everyone follow North?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas follows North. He doesn't really say anything to anyone as he does.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad silently follows North.

26. - Top - End - #296

Zombie

Willem stands between Bulwark and Vlamad, not entirely because they provide excellent cover.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Back me up on this in. You seem to be good with words," North says to Willem. As the group nears the girl, you can see the finer details about her. Her right eye is almost completely white, and a scar goes vertical from the right eye to the cheek. It seems to be blind.

"How are ya miss? My friends an I are lookin' fer passage. You look ta be the one to talk to 'bout that."

"Indeed I am," she hops up from the crate to stands to meet North. "First mate Ivrez," she gives a slight curtsy, "Just the five of ya? Y'all are lucky, not much room left on board.

"A lot of what's happened to us taday 'as been luck," North smiles, "Where's the ship headed?"

"Morka. Port town south o' here, on the border of Merstial and Uuthalen. Little under a month's sail. 120 gold for the lot o' you."

North crosses his arm, "120 gold? Isn't that a little steep?"

"I'm doin' ya a favor. Cap'n don't like halflings," she looks over to Willem, then to Vlamad, "Not much a fan of dwarves either. Got into a nasty fight wit' one once."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sure that me and the captain will become great friends. Vlamad cheerfully thinks of all the nasty spells he could cast on the captain.

29. - Top - End - #299

Zombie

Willem looks up and down the docks, taking note of the volume, or lack thereof, of foot traffic. "Exactly when is this ship deporting?"
    Last edited by Pietato; 2012-12-08 at 05:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

You see the foot traffic is sparse, a few men walk through the docks carrying crates and barrels, but it seems most the the activity is taking place on various ships.

Ivrez opens her mouth to speak, but is cut off for a moment by a man beginning a soft melody on a lute atop one of the ships. Her eyes glance in his direction, and she frowns, then speaks again. "Settin' sail as soon as we're all loaded up with passengers. Supplies are all loaded already. If that would be you five, you can expect to be leavin' a few moments after you board."
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-12-09 at 01:11 AM.