New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

Vlamad gets on to the ship.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Willem takes a single, deep breath in through his nose. "Frankly, your services are too expensive. As there doesn't look to be anyone else lining up for a ride, I suggest charging us, at the very highest, the standard price, so that we might all get where we're going sooner."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy! With CUNNING KNOWLEDGE! (+1) (1 Inspiration point left for this encounter? Or whenever? I don't much care, so long as I get them refreshed occasionally.)
    (1d20+8)[11]
    Last edited by Pietato; 2012-12-09 at 07:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ivrez puts her hands out to stop Vlamad, "Whoa there sailor, no one steps foot on board til I have some coin in my hand." She then takes a step closer to Willem and kneels down in front of him, something many halflings have taken offense to in the past. She smiles before she speaks, "That is the standard price, my dear." The smile fades and she turns around, taking a few steps back. Without looking to anyone in the group, she says, "Though you lot do look like capable folks. Perhaps you could pay part of the way," she turns to face you again, "and you might have some skills that could aid in the journey?"

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not a sailor, do not refer to me as such. Vlamad seems moderately offended by being called a sailor.

5. - Top - End - #305

Zombie

"If you keep that attitude, you won't be sailing anywhere." Willem casually fishes his gold pouch out of his belongings. "We wouldn't be opposed to lending a hand along the way. What's the cost then?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

I am stating facts. I am not a sailor. I am a passenger assuming these "sailors" allow me on board.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Please except my apology then, dwarf," she casually glances over each of you, "whaddya have to offer? The price could lower substantially depending on that."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roleplay out what your person can offer for them, and one person give me a diplomacy roll. I'll allow aid another checks and assign a modifier based on how useful you can be.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can offer you my strength as a sailor. I have never sailed before, but I'm quick to learn and can help out in any way possible. And in the case of fights, like pirates, I'll protect the ship till the light's dead in my eye." He lifts the arm with the tower shield, bringing attention to it.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

I can cast spells. I can conjure a floating disk into existence that can do menial labor.

10. - Top - End - #310

Zombie

"I, too, am armed and capable of lifting things. My specialties, however, tend more toward dry land than open water."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amal describes how she can create food and water, along as act as a medic. This seems to impress Ivrez. She then looks at the rest of you. "We have plenty of strong men on board already, perhaps there's something else that you can make yourself a bit useful for. As for you, dwarf, contrary to most ships, our captain welcomes spellcasters, I'm sure you and the godly one will be of great help." She then looks to North.

"I've been a sailor for a great many o' years before I's put in a cage for a bit. I doubt my profession has degraded any. I know a spell or two as well. P'haps your men could enjoy a song or two, as well?" North gives his crooked smile.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

I am incredibly please to hear of your ships appreciation for spellcasters. Vlamad likes being appreciated. It is a new feeling and it feels good.

13. - Top - End - #313

Zombie

"I suppose I may be sharp enough to lend a pair of hands and eyes to the navigator."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

"S'pose that helps quite a bit. I can drop it to sixty gold worth of goods, items or coins. That's the best you'll be getting if you want to pay your way on board."

15. - Top - End - #315

Zombie

Willem counts out twelve gold pieces and hands them to the First Mate. "Thank you for lowering your price. If I'm needed, I'll be looking for a place to sleep." His peace said, Willem makes his way onto the ship's deck.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not have money. Could the individual who is currently carrying the weapons and things hand some over to pay for me?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas pulled out the masterwork breastplate. He looked to the man taking the payment. "This is worth more than fifty gold. If you compensate the difference, then I'll sell it to you with part of the payment being the voyage." He looked to the rest of his party. "Unless someone else wants to pay for us all."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Give up some armor that none of us want in exchange for passage on a ship? Sounds good to me.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ivrez takes the breastplate from Thomas an begins her inspection, fingering it all throughout. "This is indeed a fine breastplate, I can only wonder how one such as yourself came upon it?" She smiles as she asks, then turns her eyes back to it. "I won't ask, Gods know we've men on this ship that have committed worse crimes than any of you. Tis' a shame for you though, I seem to only have twelve pieces of gold on my person," she hands them over to Thomas, "this is plenty enough, come aboard, we'll be setting sail close to immediately. I'll show you around after we've left port, just stay out of the men's way til' then.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

"If twelve is all you've got, I'd rather someone else pay for the passage. Seventy gold for what I just gave you is a rip off. Unless this ship or you has a way to compensate me."
    Last edited by Linguz; 2013-01-09 at 06:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You don't seem to have many choices, yet you still push for more? Very well. How's this: Now, while I do expect this to be a peaceful voyage, should some sort of trouble occur and someone dies, our crew or anothers, you can have your pick of two items."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

"I push for a fair trade. I'll take this gamble, though." Thomas pocketed the gold and got on board.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad walks onto the ship.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the group walks onboard, you can start to hear the commotion of the streets getting louder. "It's late, and the crew has a very routine way of getting this ship started. I'm going to take you to your quarters so you can rest for the night. I'll come back by morning and introduce you to the captain." There is a lot of traffic on board the ship, and more than once a sailor bumps into some of you. As she takes you down to the second level of the ship, a familiar musty scent assaults your smell. The ship is very drab, a lot of browns and blacks, and the second level isn't very well lit. There are several small cabins in the second level filled with other passengers. She takes the group near the end, and points out the last three cabins. "These will be your rooms. You'll find them very modest, but they'll do for the trip. I'd give you a key, but they only lock from the outside."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad immediately goes to sleep, he doesn't comment on how crappy the ship is. Vlamad's owl lands on the ship.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, sir. I'll be sure to help any way I can tomorrow." Thomas peeked into each of the rooms and then went back out to the hallway. "Ama, you take a room all to yourself. Same for you." He directs the latter part to the Badger. "I'll sleep in the same room as our tired friend there. Good night." He went into the room with Vlamad, put his backpack on the floor, took out the winter blanket, and went to sleep using the backpack as a pillow. It might not be completely comfortable, but that way, if anyone tries to take any of his stuff, he'd likely wake up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (For waking up): (1d20-4)[1]
    This roll is counting the -10 for being asleep.
    Last edited by Linguz; 2013-01-18 at 02:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327

Zombie

Willem makes his way to his room and closes the door behind himself before stowing his things and inspecting the door's lock to ensure he can't be locked in.

Spoiler
    Show
    Open Lock? Don't necessarily want to fiddle with the mechanism at the moment.
    (1d20+7)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the doors close shut one by one, North shouts to the group. "Aye! I suppose I'll just be sleepin' ou' 'ere then. You know, keepin' watch an' some such." You hear the sound of his pack falling against the floor and him laying onto it. He the begins to mumble.

OOC:DC 7 Listen check (Before applying sleeping modifiers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Gods I ain't had a proper bed in some time."

Several hours go by and the group wakes up one by one, an hour or two after sunrise. Someone bangs on the doors as a familiar voice shouts to you. "Aye! Get up unless you're lookin' to be hungry til' lunch!"

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas gets up out of bed and stretches, a few of his bones cracking as he does so. He made sure that all his items were still there, checking on the tower shield, warhammer, and throwing axe in particular. After doing that, he put the blanket back in the bag and put said bag on his back. He held onto the tower shield and had both weapons at his waist as he left. "Hello, sir. I'm ready to get started, however you want me to. But yeah, preferably after breakfast."
    Last edited by Linguz; 2013-01-23 at 12:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad gets up and rubs his eye. Then he quickly runs up onto the deck and looks around franticly. He calms when he realizes that his owl is perched on a mast. Then he and his owl go to breakfast.