New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

Willem hurriedly dresses himself, arming himself with his lockpicks and dagger, and follows the smell of food as best as he can. He gives passing crewmen polite nods and greets other passengers with a reserved "Morning," as though he wasn't fleeing potential incarceration.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

As each of you enjoy your breakfast, the first mate does her rounds shouting orders at all the sailors. One by one, she comes to each of you and says, "Cap'n wants you in his quarters at noon. Things that need being discussed."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas nods while he eats whatever they had served him. He wasn't picky with his food, much less when they were helping him so. He didn't say anything to Ivrez beyond confirming he would be there by noon.

---

For the next few hours, Thomas explored the ship, figuring out where everything was. When noon almost came along, he went directly to the captain, intending to be early or on time.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

A soft breeze flows through and all around the ship, carrying the smell of salt water from many miles. The ocean glistens blue, reflecting the bright afternoon sun back upon itself. Sailors work endlessly up top to keep the ship clean and in repair.

Thomas emerges to the top after his search of the ship and heads towards the captains quarters. The coastline is still visible, and the occasional shadow of a bird soaring over head passes along the ship. He is the first to arrive there, and after a few moments, North arrives.

North paces back and forth with his hands behind his back, staring up into the sky. He starts to approach Thomas and then clears his throat. "After grindin' me teeth on that prison grub for years, those rations 'ey gave us made me feel like I had royal blood," he looks to Thomas, half his lips curved up into a smile and lets out a short, muffled laugh. "I'd of expected the 'alfling to arrive by now, he seemed a bit perceptive o' these things."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad goes to see the captain. He has not idea what this is about, though it gives him something to do other than explore the ship, stay in his cabin, or look at the waves.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Afternoon dwarf, found yer sea legs yet?" North says to Vlamad. He crosses his arms and leans on a post, and after a few minutes Amal arrives. North starts to greet her, but she doesn't respond verbally, just looks at him and smiles. Eventually, Ivrez pokes her head out the door, looking a little frustrated at Willem not arriving yet, and then slides back into the quarters.
    Last edited by Heart; 2013-03-18 at 10:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

I still think that the sea is a nuisance. However I am no longer seasick and I am no longer having difficulty walking around. I am also pleased that my owl has found its way onto this boat.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2013-03-22 at 05:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338

Zombie

Willem takes his time in arriving at the Captain's quarters, having taken well more than his fair share of food.

"Lady. Gentlemen." He says as he approaches, biscuit in hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

North begins to open his mouth to greet Willem, but then the door to the captain's quarters open a bit and Ivrez leans out.

"We make an exception and you're a half hour late. Did you forget what the sun being in that position," she points to it, "means?" Ivrez closes her eyes and takes a deep breath for a moment.

"Come along then, no need waiting any longer," she stands to the side and pulls the door all the way back, revealing the quarters.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas apologizes for his companion before stepping through the doorway. He remains silent, not intending to be unpurposefully rude to their captain.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad follow Thomas.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amal enters with the two of you, and inside is not what the normal person expects to see of a captain of a ship. He is a young scholarly looking man with a brown ponytail tied back tight. Round glasses sit on his nose and a black hat with a white feather sticking from it lays atop his head. He has a blue military jacket draped over him and a tight white dress shirt and pants, along with black buckled shoes.

The room around you is filled with various books and papers scattered all throughout, and there even seems to be a small bed, albeit covered by several books.

He utters a single word without even looking at the party, instead focusing on whatever book or scroll he seems to be inscribing, "Morning."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas was taken aback by the sight of the captain. He had expected a big man who had a strong voice, not a small scholar. Nevertheless, he bowed his head and said, "Good morning, captain. You wanted to see us, sir?"
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad is surprised by the captains appearance, he looks like a smart person and not like the brute Vlamad was imagining. Vlamad is slightly annoyed by this because it means he will need to revise his stereotypes about ships. Good morning.

15. - Top - End - #345

Zombie

Willem sneaks in behind the others, having taken his time to finish his biscuit outside. He glances around the room, dusts some crumbs off his shirt, and nods to the captain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

North stands to the side of the room as everyone walks in. He does nothing to introduce himself to the captain.

The captain grabs a mug off his desks with steam rolling off the top and takes a sip, then looks to the group. "I'm Captain Marabel, and each of you are standing on the Mystic, my ship," everything he says sounds as if he's made this speech before, "It is to my understanding that you lot aren't exactly passengers, and plan to be working as part of my crew for the duration of your stay.Therefor, you are under my authority and will behave as such until we dock, understood?" Without waiting for anyone to speak, he says, "Good."

"Now," he sighs and looks to Willem, "How are your eyes? My spotter recently had an accident and I'm in need of replacement, perhaps you can fill in?" He then looks around, and asks Ivrez, "Who's the strong one?" Ivrez motions to Thomas, "I'll need you with Ivrez, she'll go into more detail but it's mostly just moving supplies around.

Marabel tells Amal that he has some sick crew down at the bottom, and to try and heal them, and then looks to Vlamad. "Dwarf, I understand you can cast a spell or two. Anything coming to mind that we can actually make use of with that?"

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

My Owl can act as a spotter at night. My Owl is very good at that sort of thing. Today I can knock organisms blind and unconscious, find magic things and conjure grease. I am also able to make things sleep, though I cannot do that today.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hmm... I'm sure we'll be able to find uses for your various abilities as time passes, I'll send Ivrez whenever you're needed, but for most part you may wander the ship as a normal passenger. However, right now I want you to go with your cleric friend. Due to their ailments, some of the sick and wounded can't sleep."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

I cannot make people sleep today. I can only make them sleep on days following today. You don't understand fundamental laws of magic, you wouldn't understand.

OOC: I don't have Sleep prepared today though I do know it.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2013-05-11 at 04:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350

Zombie

Willem nods to Marabel. "My eyes are, at worst, healthy."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas looks over to Ivrez and waits for her to start moving or speaking.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

To Vlamad, "Right, you said that once, my mistake. Go with your cleric friend anyway, maybe you'll find some way to help," then looking to Willem, "there's a fellow at the top of the Crow's Nest right now, he has a tool on him that should be of some assistance. You shouldn't have any trouble relieving him of his position, he doesn't like it. Do be cautious, you'll have to climb and the winds can be unpredictable on the seas at times."

Ivrez begans to backpedaling out the door, then looking to Thomas, "C'mon now, let's get you integrated with the rest of the crew," then heads for the starboard side of the ship in the middle, where three men holding a large net stand.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad goes with the Cleric.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas follows Ivrez. When she turns and says the plan, he simply nods. "Just tell me what needs doing and I'll get it done."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355

Zombie

Without another word, Willem makes his way back outside and gazes up at the crow's nest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.