New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

Isidora concentrates again on the cell door lock, working slower this time to avoid mistakes.

Open Lock: Taking 20. 20+7=27

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by ElfiKay; 2012-10-25 at 01:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Infuriated by her inability to participate, Amalaswentha slams a shoulder against the door, but says nothing.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eric the Eternally Patient

Seeing poor Beran ker-zonkered, Eric lets out a sigh of compassion...he'd been there himself many times. "That's it sweet girl, you're almost there!"

As she works the lock, Eric tries one of the dog's command words he's heard Beran use before, hoping it's the one to make him come, and stop its fighting before it gets hurt too.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think handle animal? TBH I'm not really sure what would be appropriate, feel free to substitute: (1d20+4)[16]
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"Let the dwarf out," Mink bangs on the bars of her cell, "Dwarves are good with locks. Two of you can let us out faster than one of you can." She's no idea if the dog hater knows anything about locks but her frustration is making her snap, "Hurry up. Hurry up!

Banging the heal of her hand into her forehead she lets out a yell, "Oh you stupid... Keys, the guard must have keys. Search him."
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2012-10-25 at 04:25 PM.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65

Zombie

Willem leans on the bars of his cell and watches the chaos unfold. "So, newman, what's your name and what are you in for?" He gives little more than a glance to Jerod's owner as he speaks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad watches. He hopes that he didn't annoy everyone else enough that they would just leave him here.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Our equipment. I believe it to be stored through that door", she points through the bars at the mysterious door across the hallway. "If he does not carry its key on him, we will need to find somebody who does. Is it well?"

((Sorry for the speech pattern. Trying to make her foreign but not ridiculous))

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thomas's strike sends Beran reeling against a wall to his side. His head impacts the stone hard and his eyes began to roll back in his head as he slumps over. For a moment, there is silence as his sword clangs to the ground, then the dog begans barking furiously. It starts towards Beran, then hears the words of Erik. Unsure what to do, the barking stops and it starts to skip back and forth from Erik to Beran, finally settling on dashing back and forth through the dungeon. Eventually it rests at Beran's body, laying it's head atop Beran's slumped form.

The man Willem speaks to seems to be enthralled in the scene unfolding, and Willem's words lost to him.

OOC: The dog provoked an AoO from Thomas, if you so wish. Isa will get the lock undone eventually, but for now combat is over.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas changes his sap into a chain shirt and checks the man's pockets. He does not attack the doggy. The doggy is nice.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Thomas reaches towards the man, the dog begins to bare it's teeth and lets out a low growl, but does nothing to harm him. It seems to understand this is a battle it's lost.

After searching over the man, Thomas finds all the aforementioned gear, and when his hand reaches into his pockets, he discovers what the bulge was. Beran's coin purse, containing a myriad of coins, but mostly copper.

OOC: That felt a bit racy to write, for a moment I thought this was an erotica novel.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

He replaces the coins, putting them back into the man's pocket, and turns to Isi. "Guess you'll be opening them up... unless..." He went to the locked bars of Anna and changes his armor into a crowbar, which he uses to try to pry Anna's gate open.

Strength: (1d20+5)[6] (and if this doesn't work, taking 20 for 25.)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

Eric the Smooth Criminal

Once Isa gets Eric's door open and his chains off, he smiles at her, then quick as a snake-strike he grabs her head with both hands and plants a fast kiss on her forehead. "Thank you my dear!"

He bends down over Beran, checking quickly that the man still lives, then bounds off down the hallway laughing like a mad-man. "I'm FREE I'M FREE! No nooses for MEEEEEEEE!"

When he reaches the door that leads deeper into the jail, he rears back and plants a foot firmly against the locking side with all the force he can put behind it as a loud "Hee-yah!" escapes his lips.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry...that's a lot of stuff to do!

Heal check - (1d20+2)[14]
    Strength check for door kickin - (1d20+4)[12]
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

13. - Top - End - #73

Zombie

Willem clears his throat and reaches out of his bars to gesture at Jor before speaking hurriedly. "To answer your question, I am the person who is to receive the items you were given." He pauses just a moment to take a breath. "There should be a sack full of daggers sized for people such as yourself. Everyone here is welcome to those daggers. Everything else is mine."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Isa gets the door to Erik's cell unlocked. With a strained creek, the door opens up.

Thomas brings the crowbar against the bars at an awkward angle, cause it to grind and slip, with his weight almost making him bump his head into the cell. As he repositions it, the metal bars begin to grown, with each push of Thomas's getting stronger and stronger. All of the prisoners, save two, begin to watch on hopefully. At first there is silence, but as the groaning gets louder, some of them begin to speak up.

"C'mon, just a little more muscle!"

The man in the first cell, who Beran called North, seems to be uninterested, and Jor begans to paint, humming to himself.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

After two minutes of trying, Thomas gave up. He waited for the orc to be freed before going over to him and changing the crowbar into a battering ram. "I can't get the cell doors open, mind giving me a hand?"
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Daggers? Daggers..." Jor begins to scratch his head, than walks over to a sack in his room. "These aren't daggers!" He exclaims, pulling one out. "The Lowtide family gave me these, to help with my arts! These are mine, not to share with a little half-man!"

Erik can feel the gentle rise of Beran's chest, and knows the man will live, given rest. When his foot impacts the door, a loud crash follows as the door jerks around, but it stays shut. The force of it not moving begins to send Erik down the steps.

OOC: Balance check
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-25 at 10:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Eric the Stairmaster

"No time for that! First we need to get down here, and quickly! None of them folk are goin anywhere just yet."

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance check - (1d20+1)[2]

Edit: In my defense, I was not aware there were steps going down on this side of the door =P
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-10-25 at 10:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas facepalms and offers his hand to help the brute back up.

"How about now? Or will Isa need to get everyone out herself?"
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Zombie

The Badger clicks his teeth and does his best to project his voice over the din of people attempting to free each other. "Very well, then, friend. We'll both serve our time, mine's a brief stay, by the by, and when I'm out of here, I'll gladly inform the people I work for that you were vastly uncooperative."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy? Bluff? It's blackmail, really. That strikes me as a bit diplomacy-y. Or Intimidate, I suppose.
    (1d20)[4]
    +7 Diplomacy: 11
    +3 Bluff or Intimidate: 7
    Pick one, I guess. Or both. I'll happily take +10.
    Last edited by Pietato; 2012-10-25 at 10:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jor works his mouth back and forth a bit, then glances at the dagger. He holds it up and runs his finger along the edge. "You said everyone could take one. You meant that? You won't take that back will you?" He doesn't wait for Willem to answer, and grips the dagger in both hands. "This ones mine! I'm picking this one..."

21. - Top - End - #81

Eric the Slow to Learn

Eric works his arm in a pinwheel, testing muscles he'd forgotten he even had. "Have a lil faith in the girl, friend, she's doin just fine. We need to get through this door...

With a grunt he boots the door again...

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength check - (1d20+4)[13]

Side note: I haven't looked at DCs for bursting doors, and it's very possible this is beyond Eric's capabilities...not that that will stop him from trying!
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-10-25 at 10:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Zombie

Willem gives Jor a thumb up as he speaks over the din of door-kicking. "Eric, I believe it was? Half-Orc! Would you mind getting my things from the fine gentleman with the daggers?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas sighs. "Go ahead and try. I'll be here. And it's not that she can't do it herself. It's just that helping her out wouldn't be such a bad thing." He went to Beran and took his sap, changing the soulcraft into his armor again.
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-10-25 at 10:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

The door shakes hard again, and this time the impact loosed a bolt, sending it clattering down the stairs to the ground. He then starts to hear some shuffling from the other end, following by metal clanging around.

"Beran? Beran? Ah damn it all!"

Though the voice is muffled, it sounds familiar to Erik.
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-25 at 10:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Eric the Eternally Patient

With the door off its hinge, Eric gives a satisfied harumph. He hussles back over to Beran, picking up the guard's sword and tucking it into the rope around his waist acting as a belt. "You can never have too many knives...don't think you'll be needin' this any time soon old friend. Apologies."

He heads back towards the door he booted open, tossing over his shoulder in passing, "I'm sure you'll be able to get them yourself in a few minutes, just whistle for the pretty lil lady to come pop your cage door open. Back in a shake, lad."

Free and with steel on his hip again, Eric's feeling more and more like his old self. The depressed and resigned lump of sack-cloth that was chained to the floor in his cell now swells with confidence, evidenced in his purposeful stride.

As he passes through the now-opened door, he mumbles to himself and descends...

Spoiler
    Show
    "Still alive....still alive....still alive..."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

With the door gone, a speckle of moonlight enters the room, illuminating just the entrance. Erik can see past that, however. A first a stale, musty scent assaults his nostrils, then, in black and white hues, he sees that the room is fairly small. About the size of the one at the top. Many shelves line the walls, covered in dust. There is a rack with a torch fixed atop it, but the torch stands unlit. Some barrels scatter the ground, and there are several sacks, each with what appears, to Erik at least, inescapably complicated ruins crudely stamped on them.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The door wasn't supposed to be open now, only showing that a few more kicks would do the trick. Oh well, It was unnecessary anyway. Also, Erik has acquired a masterwork longsword.
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-25 at 11:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Eric the Time Traveler

Eric goes down the steps and begins searching the room for his chain shirt, and anything else that appears to be of use.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Question answered about the longsword, and whoops! I'm as illiterate as Eric

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently I am as well, I've been calling Eric Erik this entire campaign.

Eric rummages through a few sacks before coming across one labeled "Eric The Red". Though the symbols mean nothing to him, after opening the sack he comes upon his prized, and only, possession. His chained shirt. Many other trinkets do come before his eyes as well, though these are in other sacks.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    : You may pick five gold worth of mundane adventuring gear. If everyone else wants as well, we can assume an hour has passed and everyone has been freed and fully geared. Everyone is also allowed the five gold mundane gear of their choice. Though if you choose to free North, the other shackled man, I want that to be roleplayed.
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-25 at 11:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Erikqcue`

Eric slips his chain shirt on, happy to have it back, and hastily flings things this way and that, stuffing a few items that might come in handy later into a pack before ascending the steps again. Rope, some flint and steel...a thick blanket, Mom could use one of those!...and a new pot... Thinking of seeing his Mother again makes him pause for a moment...it's felt like a year he's been chained up in here...what must she think?

"I'd grab your belongings from down below, so we can get out of here. I'm heading home, east of town about 3 hours walk, at the edge of the wood. After that? Who cares..."

He slings his pack onto his back and strides to the one cell left shut. "He not joining us?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground

Abaddon strolled through the halls happily, stretching his body out as he went.

"Ah! Cor, tha's nice!" He said with a grin. He walked over to Beran's unconscious form and patted his head softly. "Sorry, mate."