New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

Amalaswentha laughs. "Not my name, certainly. Just that of a rather naughty local nobleman who wanted to make his mistress jealous, but did not reckon on his wife coming home instead. It is well. The simple approach is the best one. I was simply eager to repay one turn with another"

She turns to Thomas. "It seems the talkative fellow has a party and a destination. Where would we be going?"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

"Unsure. Want to go out to sea? Stow away on a boat, find ourselves, if nothing happens, at a new place, with our names clear." He looked at the two other people who were without a group. "You two want to come with? Or will you be setting out on your own?"
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123

Amalaswentha frowns. "The harbour. That is another place where, if they look for us at all, they are certain to keep their eyes. I quite like the idea of a sea voyage to--anywhere else." Save Baronawight "But we may need a place to lie low first."

She sheaves the scimitar, feeling a little silly she drew it in the first place. "Still, we waste time. Let us get out the street, and put some distance twixt us and the pursuit."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

"Agreed. And I was thinking of stowing away on a ship that is about to set sail, preferably tomorrow morning. That way, they don't have the time to search for us."

Spoiler
    Show
    And unfortunately, we can't leave until we know what was behind the door that Thomas already opened. And I'm heading to sleep now, since it's past midnight and I'm feeling a bit tired. G'night everyone.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125

"Stowing away could well lead to giving us a free trip to the sea bottom. We had best pick our mark well" Amalaswentha looks pensive. "All the more reason to move right now"

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad looks at everyone sadly before asking So are we going to escape now or are we waiting for the next gaurd to show up?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Isidora pats the half-orc's arm and smiles, "I would be honored to join you. But I would need to rejoin with you all after I attend to Mor... my own mother. She must be worried..."

"As for our current inaction, I also think that we need to move sooner rather than later. I'm getting nervous just standing here in the jail."
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eric(+/- k)

"Right then. Better to do a thing than to live with the fear of it. Try not to add murder to your list of crimes, folks...they take that bit seriously 'round these parts."

Eric opens the door to the jailor's office, ready to make like a baby and head-out!
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

Abaddon waved to the rest of the prison as he followed Eric out the door.

"I guess I'll be seein' y' all around, eh? Good luck lads 'n lasses! Don' get caught!"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Mink packs her things away neatly in her newly acquired pack and moves to stand behind the hulking half orc. He makes a more inviting target than me, she thinks to herself, The big brute almost eclipses me. She'd follow after him and hope for the best.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131

Zombie

"Do any of you know how to sail a ship? Failing that, do any of you know what to do once we're found stowing away and unable to assist the crew? I'll be in the office." The Badger makes his way up the stairs after Eric and Friends, staying far enough behind that he'd be able to hear if a fight broke out.

Spoiler
    Show
    If there's no trouble and the office is otherwise empty, The Badger will search for the prison's records, backup records, double backup records, and non-personal valuables (coins, mundane objects, boring-looking books, etc.)
    Search.
    (1d20+7)[26]
    Last edited by Pietato; 2012-10-28 at 01:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

"We'll help the crew. I'm strong enough to assist in whatever they need me to do and I'm sure the rest of you can do something to." Thomas follows the Badger up the stairs. "And at worse, we'll try to become unpaid protection for the ship. From pirates and sea creatures."
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

"Best make it a ship with a small crew then, so they are less likely to decide that taking their chances in a fight with us is less dangerous than having us along" Amalaswentha smiles dryly. "And best we find some supplies somewhere first. Best not look like freeloaders"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad will stay behind Eric. He is busy focusing on getting into fighting state of mind and thusly not paying attention to the conversation.

15. - Top - End - #135

Amalaswetha's eyes widen at Vlamad's apparent defection, but moves up behind Thomas. "It should be dark by now, yes?"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas remembers something as Ama says supplies and turns on a dime, going back to the supply room, where he gets all the rations he can find (10 if they count as mundane gear). Then he returns to her side and continues following the group. "Supplies like rations? If you can think of anything else, the store room might hold it. And small ship, okay. And it should still be. Last I checked, in the store room, there was moonlight creeping in."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    :Eric doesn't find keys in the store room, but the rations for Thomas are fine.

"I'd very much like yer assistance in getting free of these chains, lit'le lady," North says to Isa, then turning to Thomas, "I've sailed a few ships in my days, even know a feller or two on the seas. I'd be thinkin' I'd be ah gud asset to your alls, uh, party, til we reach land someone else 'leasts." He tucks his head down a bit and slowly curls his lips into a smile, giving a slight jerk on the bars.

"Er-Eric, right? You, half-ork," the dog owner says, his voice a bit shaky. "Please, sir, you like dogs, I can tell! Please if only you'll help me find Jerod and get out of this dirt hole, I'll be gone from you. I won't come to your mothers, the second we cross the town borders we'll split. Whaddya say? Please?" His hands are shaking a bit, and you think you can see tears in the bottom of his eyes.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm a bit confused on who's going up the door first, anyone care to help me out?
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-29 at 12:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Eric

Eric goes up to the door, "Didn't find any keys to let you out. Apologies, friend, seems you've no manner of luck at all."

Eric tries the door.

OOC: Eric's going first as far as I know.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

19. - Top - End - #139

"Geez," Abaddon said as he stared at the dog-man. "'f I c'n come, so c'n he, eh?" He turned his head toward Eric expectantly.

20. - Top - End - #140

Eric the Benevolent

Eric waves his hand in the air behind him, "Free country, do as you please. Just nothin' I can do about it is all."

21. - Top - End - #141

Amalaswentha opens her eyes wide toward North "Make up your mind, sir. Are you hypothetically helping us on the sea, or hypothetically Not Hanging Out with the Talkative Fellow's Mater? It strikes me that you can scarcely do both."

She taps the hilt of the scimitar four times and scowls. "It is not well that we should leave him. Yet we need to move soon and I have no way of getting his door open, save by sheer strength, where I would require much assistance."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thank you so much! My Jerod, my little Jerod I'm coming!"

Eric wraps his hand around the bronze door handle, pressing his thumb down on the latch and pushing into his door. As it opens, you see a tired Erego closing the outside doors with a piece of bread in his hand. Upon seeing you, you see a very surprised look on his face as the bread falls to the ground.

OOC: Initiative.

Erego: (1d20+2)[9]

23. - Top - End - #143

Abaddon's victorious grin quickly drooped.

"Oh, sod it,"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+7)[17]

24. - Top - End - #144

Eric

Seeing Erego, Eric decides the time for subtlety is over. He runs straight at Erego like he intends to go right through him to get out of the jail. "Don't get in my way Erego!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Eric's going to attempt an over-run to get past Erego and out the door.
    Initiative - (1d20+1)[11]
    Charging overrun strength check - (1d20+6)[19]
    Dice be good!

25. - Top - End - #145

Amalaswentha draws scimitar, "I am sorry, good man, but we are leaving and you are not going to prevent us. Well?"

Initiative (1d20+3)[13]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, how horrible. I do so dislike violence," Mink shuffles forward hesitantly, her newly acquired quarterstaff held like a shield.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[18]
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

(I had stated that Thomas opened the door first with his tower shield in hand, but whatever...)

"I suggest you run." Thomas draws his warhammer. "'Fore we get to you."

Initiative: (1d20+1)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

NinjaGirl

Isidora looks to the chained man, and then to Willem the Badger and back, "I'm sorry, sir, I don't think it's my place to decide your fate." She turns back to face the door as Eric opens it and prepares for a fight.

Initiative: (1d20+3)[12]
    Last edited by ElfiKay; 2012-10-29 at 09:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative (1d20+6)[19]
    Vlamad hopes that he is ready for this. He has never been in a fight for his life before though he is surprisingly confident that it will be his side taking the guard's life rather than the other way around.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be Vlamad's go, keep in mind though, Eric is currently blocking the door way, as it's only a 5ft square. You all may decide the order on the stairs, but people two squares or more down from Eric don't have line of sight. If someone could design a map for me, the office is a 20x20 room, with a desk and chair in the top right, then the stairs leading down 20 ft. Also, sorry Linguz, I was going by whoever posted first since you went back down to grab supplies.
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-30 at 12:01 AM.