New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

Vlamad will move past Erik though move out of his way. (move up the stairs and through Eric, then turn right). Then he throws a club:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13] This is not including range increments.
    (1d6+2)[7]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Abaddon mumbled in some alien tongue, his voice growing louder and louder as his invocation grew in power. His hands crackled with supernatural energy as a mist of greenish hues engulfed his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Invocation: Entropic Warding.
    Abaddon now deflects incoming arrows, rays, and other ranged attacks (as Entropic Shield). Abaddon leaves no trail (as Pass Without Trace) and cannot be tracked by scent. (He can still be detected normally by scent, just not tracked.)

With his invocation finished, Abaddon moved to try and stay behind Eric without getting in anyone else's way.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas moves up, going through Eric and across the room before settling down right in front of Erego, his tower shield poised to block attacks and his sap (not warhammer, sorry) drawn. He is no standing between the door and Erego. "Surrender and this will go much better for you."

Spoiler
    Show
    You can't overrun him, Medic, because he's too far away.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Amalaswentha drifts up behind Thomas, her scimitar held in both hands. "Be our friend. Or else."

((Action readied))

(((Action not readied because I don't have range)))

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

"Now, now, there's no need for threats," Mink sidles into the room and releases a charm against Erego, "We're all friends here, aren't we?"

Spoiler
    Show
    URL="http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/charmPerson.htm"]Charm Person[/URL] DC 15
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vlamad lets loose a mighty throw as he hurls the club... By a Wizard's standards. It loudly bangs against the door next to Erego causing it to shake, then the club clatters to the ground. Erego gives a reflexive flinch, almost a whole second after it hits the ground, and when the Amla and Thomas speak to him, he appears to get none of the meaning. With such close proximity to the man, you can see sheer exhaustion on his face. Even the words of Mink, aided by magic, have no effect.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe Isa should have went before Thomas, but I suppose it doesn't matter too much since Erego goes last. Anyway, Isa's go.
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-30 at 04:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Isidora sidles past her fellow jailbirds to stand at Eric's left hand. She smiles at Erego as she tightens her grip on her dagger, "Sorry, sir jailer, but it would appear that you are in our way."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This should put her in I8.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad doesn't want to use any spells just to kill this one gaurd. He steps forward [H5], grabs another club and throws.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (including range increments) (1d20)[13]
    Damage (1d6+2)[3]
    If Erego is grapple he will not throw.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vlamad would go again after Erego.

Erego's senses seem to come to him in a moment when Erik tries to lock the man up, he leans back and rushes a shoulder into Eric, pushing even a half ork as strong as him back."Beeeerrrrrannnn!" He starts to breathe heavily, then says to all of you],"I been waitin' fer an excuse to bash in sum a yer heads!" His good hand, his only hand, reaches for his mace.

OOC: Que several AoOs, and if he withstands them, he swings at Eric.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[12]
    (1d8)[2]
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-30 at 08:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eric

Eric responds to Erego's attack with another pomel-smash, growling between his clenched teeth, "Easy now, Erego. Beran's takin' a lil, nap, you should join him. You're clearly outnumbered here."

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20+2)[13]
    Non Lethal Damage - (1d8+6)[12]
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

EregoEric leans out of the way, trying to avoid Eric's Erego's pommel mace, but it still clashes against his breastplate chainmail. He smiles, and the armour seems to have absorbed the impact.

Everyone starts to hear a long drawn out laugh from the bottom of the stairs, followed by the rattling of chains, very rhythmically. "Erego! I hope you're ready ta feel sum a the justice you so readily dispense on dese prisoners and I!" The voice is familiar, that of North, then you here some vocals with the chains.

"Swing your flail, Erego,
    And you will fail, Erego,
    Turn and run, Erego,
    Turn and run."

After each utterance of Erego, there is a long labored breath.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone gets the effects of Inspire Courage, +1, and Eric took no damage. Will Willem be acting this round?
    Last edited by Heart; 2012-10-30 at 08:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas opens his tower shield just enough for him to swing his arm and does just that; he swings his arm and intends to knock out the little man.

Spoiler
    Show
    +1 to both from inspire courage.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[13]
    Check: (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8] x2 if crit

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-11-02 at 06:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

((That should be close enough to my turn again)) Amalaswentha puts herself between the struggling Jailor and the door to the outside, not wanting the man to escape and raise the alarm. "Honoured warden, is it well? You want us to have to kill you? Think again, and better?" She directs a swing of her scimitar at him with the flat of her blade.

(striking for non-lethal. She might have a flank. There's enough of us here, but I'm not including that in the roll))

Attack(1d20-2)[7]Damage(1d6+3)[6]Crit Confirm(1d20-2)[8]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Walking closer Mink reaches out to her new friend hoping that the spell she cast had worked its magic or that Erego was capable of being reasonable. "Dear jailer, please desist, we don't want to kill you but if you force us to we will," Mink hopes the threat and the option of peaceful surrender will be enough to convince him, "Just drop your weapon, we'll tie you up and be on our way. Nobody needs to die."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+1)[6]
    Diplomacy (1d20+1)[11]
    Intimidate (1d20+1)[19]

There's nothing to say that the caster is aware of a Charm working or failing. This is my attempt to determine if it was successful.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

NinjaGirl

Isidora moves forward to flank Erego and plunges her dagger into his back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d4)[4] + (1d6)[3] = [7]

"You really shouldn't have aimed your mace at my new friends, sir."
    Last edited by ElfiKay; 2012-10-31 at 04:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eric the Saint

Seeing Erego sorely pressed, Eric gives another shot at knocking his teeth out with the pommel of his borrowed sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yet another non-lethal attack!

Attack - (1d20+2)[9]
    Critical Confirmation - (1d20+2)[10]
    Teeth Knocked Out - (1d8+6)[8]
    Teeth Lodged in the Wall - (1d8+6)[12]

No good deed goes unpunished.
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-11-01 at 10:52 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad just watches. He trusts that his companions can off the guard. This way he won't use any spells.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Updated map including initiative order. Let me know if you're in the wrong place.

Unwilling to use her precious spells more than she has or to engage in a fight with someone so clearly outnumbered Mink walks over to the desk. Once there she begins to rifle through the drawers looking for keys and other things of interest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Depending on which side the drawers are this puts her at C2 or C4
    Search (1d20+4)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

Abaddon stepped to side, deciding to give the melee fighters more room to maneuver.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to D4, if that spot is open.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-11-02 at 10:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Erego seems to have a very worried look on his face.I fought in wars, [/I]Thomas's sap is met with Erego's mace, bringing them both clashing to the ground. I slew dozens! He then ducks into his arm as a boxer would as Eric's sword crashes against it, having no harm. But, I had allies then... Too occupied with the two warriors, he doesn't notice Isa to his side, and let's loose a shriek of pain as he feels the cold steel behind his back.

"Ahg! You damned harlot, I'll have your head!" With one spin towards Isa, he brings the mace into her ribs. Isa feels are sharp, broken pain throughout her body, and can only assume now her some of her insides have stopped working.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to attack Isa. He got an 18 on the roll and rolled for four damage. Don't worry about the insides thing, I don't have any secret rules for that or anything.

21. - Top - End - #171

"Divinity of hell!" says Amalaswentha, annoyed at his choice of tragets. "I am sorry, Honoured Warden, but a Scimitar is for cutting."

Attack:(1d20+4)[14]damage(1d6+3)[6]CCR(1d20+4)[22]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas shifts the shield out of his way and threw down his armor and sap. He manifested a new one out of nothingness and barked, "Attack me you she-devil!"

He swung his sap at Erego's face.

Attack: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]
    Tower shield is currently unused, so no AC from it. He's making himself a big open target.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

Amalaswentha looks away from the blood on her blade and darts a glance at Thomas. ""She-Devil?""

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Amal's scimitar strikes Erego in the back of his knee, bringing him face level with a halfing, he looks up to Eric, only to meet the sap bashing into his head. His body slumps to the ground, unconscious, but he still half-heartedly grips the mace.

25. - Top - End - #175

Amalaswentha kicks the mace out of his hand, then searches him for any manacles he may be carrying.

((If she doesn't find any, she'll use her own))

She grabs his good arm, twists it behind his back, and shackles it to his left ankle. "Tempted to pull his pants down and put some kiss-marks on his face, just for the devilment and how it will look when he's discovered. But we need to move. Isa, you took a hit."

It's plain that he'll recover, so she takes him by the hair and drags him away from the door. And then looks around fretfully. "Be assured that this is not the first time, fellows, where I have had occasion to regret not carrying a suitable gag. I really should wear more scarfs."

26. - Top - End - #176

NinjaGirl

Isidora's eyes widen as the mace collides with her side and she gasps in pain. "Harlot...?" her ears turn pink at the crass word and she glowers up at Erego as he is besieged by Thomas and Ama's attacks, "Better watch your head first, SIR," she snaps. flipping her dagger around in her hand to smash the hilt into his forehead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dagger attack roll: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage(nonlethal): (1d4)[1] + (1d6)[1] = [2]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming Isi is still flanking him with somebody. Edit: Oh, the dice are cruel... Well, Thomas and Ama have probably already finished him off anyhow.

As Erego crumples to the ground, she relaxes and grips her side, "Oof... Yeah, my ribs are telling me something similar," she quips feebly, forcing a smile up at Ama. "Let's get out of here."
    Last edited by ElfiKay; 2012-11-02 at 12:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

"Trying to get his attention. Name-calling works as a good provoking tactic against dimwits. He might've been a dimwit." He changes back into his normal outfit (chain shirt) and picks the sap back up. "If you want to gag him, I'm sure tearing and using his clothing will serve just as well. Now, where will we be heading? Ships or further inland?" He's directing his question mostly at Ama, but also at Williem (if he comes up) and Vlamad.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Amalaswentha nods, draws one of her daggers, and does as suggested, secretly grateful there is no "Improvise Bondage Equipment" skill she'd actually have to take ranks in.

"I do not know this country well enough. The docks would be fine. If there is no willing vessel, we have the strength to commandeer one. What we should discuss is the portentious fellow back in his cell."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

((Fancy word use.))

"I say let him out. He cheered us on during the fight and I could feel myself get better when he did so."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

"I concur, " Mink looks up from rifling through the desk drawers, "I see no reason to single him out when the rest of us are free. I don't even know what most of you were in jail for. Not that it matters now."
    Spoiler
    Show