New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

Sense motive roll: (1d20+3)[23]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Take 'em." North says to Mink, handing over ten bolts. He then looks over to Amal and the frightened man, interested.

"Big man? Actors? By Helm what are you talking about? I'm a criminal!" The man rises up from his position, then starts to take on the look of a pleading man. "All I did was start a bar fight. I... Uh... I mean I stole. From this lady," he begins to look around rather cautiously, "I stole and started a bar fight."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you, dear, " Mink pats North's hand affectionately as she takes the bolts.

"I think we can stop pretending now that the exercise is over, " playing along with Amal's bluff might serve a purpose even though she couldn't see what it was. They'd won, time to lock them up in the cells and get out of there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+1)[21] or Aid Another (1d20)[17] for Amal's bluff
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What's the safety word? If you guys know what's going on, you'll tell me the safety word." He looks to each of you, looking very defensive.

North lowers his head a bit and raises and eyebrow, he seems to know what he's talking about, but doesn't speak up.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone can guess the word, but only one person. Basically, you're guessing the word. Any skill you think would be appropriate, use it, but I'm at a loss. Otherwise just roll a d20.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ooh, this is going to be awkward. "How should I know, dear? I have had so many", briefly forgetting her Amalerego pose, she tries a croquettish hair-flip in a way that probably looks quite disturbing on Erego. "Are you going to need those manacles later?"

Knowledge:BDSM (max10) (1d20+2)[7]

((Oh what. Just be glad she doesn't actually have ranks.))

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh no, dear," Mink wags her finger under the fake prisoner's nose, "You don't get to try that trick with experienced undercover operatives such as ourselves. No, no. You supply the password and we confirm it. Don't they teach you anything at the induction?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff check (1d20+1)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad will drag the unconcious guards to the cells, then he will try to find the key. He doesn't approve of talking to the criminal person and thinks it's best just to kill him or knock him out and leave him in jail. He doesn't want to disturb the rest of the group's fun though.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yo- Your undercover operatives? For what? For who?" He looks around quickly from side to side, "Wh- Who sent you?"

North starts to chuckle a bit, then leans out against a wall, holding his weight with his hand.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

"The less you know, the less you can reveal," Mink thought that sounded suitable mysterious for a non-answer, "Now, give us the password so we can verify you are who you say you are and we can give you the next part of your mission. You're doing well so far." She begins to pace across the room, trying to take on the encouraging but businesslike persona of a schoolmarm. As she faces North she gives him a little wink and motions for him to shush. Him bursting out laughing would ruin the whole effect and we might well have an unwitting ally here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prepare to sense motive on the prisoner's answer to see if he's lying when he tells us the password (1d20+1)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250

"Listen to Gothloli" growls Amalerego. "Her mouth's as tight as--something else that's tight. But she's the deep cover. I worked that one out misself" She's busy trying to get the shackles off the prisoner. "In any eventually you're coming with us. You're important for--some reason"

She fixes Mink an intense I know you no more than you're telling us glance.

((Aid Another on the Bluff))

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man seems at ease when the fake Erego starts to take off his chains. He doesn't resist him or go against anything he/she says. "Whatever you say, Erego. I guess... I guess i was ill informed. Really ill informed, actually. I didn't know this is the kind of stuff I was entering into." He lets his vision wander again from person to person, stopping on Mink and raising an eyebrow. "What is it, exactly, we're to be doing, then?"

12. - Top - End - #252

"You'd best go wit' 'er an' find out" says Amalerego, pointing at Mink and shamelessly placing the task of dealing with this half-wit onto the other team. "We're for the docks. Important business, so I'm told. Damned if I can figure it out. Who's with me?"

Her gaze focusses on Thomas, Vlamad, and the murderous looking Halfling.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Good luck with 'at 'en," North says to the other group, then walks to a small window next to the door, sliding up next to it and peering around. "E'erything looks clear from here," he says as he puts his back to the wall, facing the group,"we'll 'ave to stay quiet though. Ew's leadin'?"

14. - Top - End - #254

Amalerego manages a disgusted cough. "It 'ad better be me then. Halfling's got the skills, but I got the spunk. Y'said you can handle a boat? We'll see. Or we'll be eatin' you first" She opens the door and steps out into the night. "'oever's last out, lock this place up behind you and throw the keys down a well. Every little bit o' obfuscation helps"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ohhhh I wouldn't think that to be a good idea. I been in 'ere so long I taste like jail," his hair falls in front of his face and his lips curl into a smile, then slips out after Amal.

The door opens to reveal a starless night, covered by clouds and invisible to the few lights in the town. Many of the buildings are made of wood, but reinforced behind by stone. This is definitely no market district, all the buildings seem to be government, several warehouses surround you, along with mail buildings and the like. The roads are made of cobble, with sidewalks adjourning them. Within the the town, but in the distance, you can see the steeple of a church of Herouneimous. As you leave the building, one by one a blast of fresh air and the smell of sea salt assaults your senses.

The pathway, not including the numerous back alleys, would look like a y as you exit the jail, the jail would be where all three legs of the y meet, and the legs being the three different paths, flanked by buildings.

When North makes his first step out of the building, he slowly rotates in a circle, arms stretched outward and looking up to the sky. With a very relaxed tone, he whispers, "Ahhh... Freedom," to no one in particular. At the moment, the streets are free of any creatures, humanoid or non.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make a knowledge (local) to know which direction the sea is in or where the proper exit to get to Eric's house is. Anyone can also make a listen check to hear which direction the ocean is in.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Isidora had been watching the proceedings, amused by the show Mink was putting on, all while racking her brain for this secret word. It felt like something she should know, but while Mink seemed to be handling things just fine, she saw no need to venture a guess. As the other group prepared to push off, however, she stepped forward to tap North on the shoulder. "Excuse me just a moment," she smiled sweetly at him, then gestured to the loot he had gathered, "Will you be needing all of that? If you could spare me the studded leather and the short sword, I'd really appreciate it, North."

Her hand still outstretched to North, she glanced about her, trying to remember which of the yawning streets would lead them to Eric's home the quickest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (local): [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Last edited by ElfiKay; 2012-11-14 at 12:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

NinjaGirl

OOC: Gah, edits don't allow rolls. Try again here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(local): (1d20+5)[24]
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

North's face looks jubilant, he appears as if he could be convinced of anything right now. He unhooks the sword and slings the armour out of his pack. "I'd go the rest a me life wit' ou' a sword if 'en meant ne'er steppin' foot in that prison again," he hands the set to Isa, "Good luck to ya li'le elf, an to the rest of ya."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground

"G'd luck t' ye, mates!" Abaddon waved to the leaving party.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

"Right you, are sweetie," Mink helps the prisoner stand, "You know the next step, right?" Seeing that he doesn't (because there is no plan) she sighs dramatically, "No? Oh my, we're breaking out and going in three directions. One group to the dock," they'd already said they were going to the docks, "Eric's group that way and you the opposite way." she points first in the opposite direction to the forest and then at right angles to it, leaving their true destination missing. "You'll find the warehouse with the blistered white paint on one wall and the climbing vines on the side wall. Break in there and hide until you get captured by the guard again. Remember to make it look good, you're supposed to be a dangerous criminal. They'll bring you back here and question you. Did they give you a cover story? Obviously they haven't.

She was on a roll now and really enjoying the fantasy. Making sure that North has left the building she continues, "Darling, this really won't do. How are you supposed to be convincing if you're not properly prepared? Alright then, don't worry, here's the ie you'll tell. North there is a dangerous member of the guild of assassins as are you. You've helped him escape and let the others, that's us, out as a distraction. We're not important and will be making a fuss and bother to get noticed so you can get in position. We'll hand ourselves in within a day or two if they don't capture us first. Got it? Not giving him time to answer she leads him to the door, "Alright then, go, go." She smacks him on the bum to send him on his way and then heads out with the others, shooing him off with a "run" if he's still lingering.

The poor boy, she thinks to herself, better him than me though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Bluff check (1d20+1)[16] if needed
    Knowledge (Local) (1d20+4)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas rearranges his pack as they get the lies in order and, when people are finally ready to go, leaves behind Amal. He listens for the sounds of the ocean and tries to remember what ships are leaving when and where.

Listen: (1d20+6)[20]
    Listen: (1d20+6)[10]
    Local: (1d20+1)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad follows Amalerego to the docks. He hasn't been on a boat before. Most dwarves don't like boats. Vlamad assumes that he won't like boats either. He still thinks that going away on a boat is the best way to escape from this town.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground

Erik the Navigator

Eric confers quickly with Isa about the location of his home in reference to the town itself. "Never been in the jail before" he embarrassedly admits (though embarrassed...why? Just a man-thing I suppose), "But Mom and I live just here" he indicates a point on the cobblestones, "and the road we use to get to town would be here," pointing to another paver. "And I'm thinkin' we're about here? I don't spend much time in town...I think you'd be better at pointing the way out than me while we're in this maze of buildings."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Another for Isa and Knowledge Local - (1d20-1)[18]
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-11-14 at 02:05 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

24. - Top - End - #264

Zombie

While everyone else carries on fighting and conversing, The Badger jots more notes on the prison records.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will be gone for some time, learn what you can and keep an eye out for these folks.
    As the parties begin to filter out of the jail, Willem does his best not to acknowledge the fake prisoner. "Two stops first." He takes off walking in a direction that is decidedly not toward the coast.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge(Local) (10+INT)? (1d20+13)[25]
    For, I suppose, finding Willem's own equipment and getting to the home of a trusted Lowtide.
    Yes. For delivering prison records with attached descriptions of the party. Right under the door.
    Last edited by Pietato; 2012-11-14 at 02:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

25. - Top - End - #265

NinjaGirl

Isidora nods at Eric's cobblestone/finger map, "Alright, I can get us to that general area, and then I presume you will be able to lead us to your home from there." She shoves the studded leather shirt into her sack to be donned later, and thrusts the sword through her belt before gesturing to one of the darkened streets. "This way. Abaddon, Mink," nodding to each, "You're both coming too, right? Well, let's go!" She pumps a fist in the air, excited to be free of the jail.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground

"A'right. See y' later, mates!" Abaddon said with a wave and a smile as he followed Isidora out the door.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thomas can hear enough of the ocean to know which path to follow, the bottom leg of the y. Willem knows where the house is he's looking for, and Isa should find Eric's house with ease.

After Mink's encouragement, the man starts to scamper in the direction. He looks back for a moment, then mumbles the word, "Vines," repeatedly. The rest of the prisoners begin to head in several directions, none of which involve grouping with any of you, but three of them appear to group together.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will be posting the new thread now.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Willem leaves the jail heading for a very specific building, North turns towards the rest of the group.

"Are we followin' the 'alfling or makin' our way towards the docks?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

To the docks! No idea what the halfling is doing. Vlamad wants to get to the docks as quickly as possible so that there is as little chance as possible for the guard to find them.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Thomas nods. "The docks. We don't know where he's heading."
    Spoiler
    Show