New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Assassin 3.5e -Z

We started some evil characters awhile back and they are now level 6. I invested in *combat reflexes as a feat.

Was this a mistake? I have not been able to find any use for it per the DM's description of what can be done with it. When I selected it I was thinking it could be used to apply multiple attacks on a target, but apparently its only good for 1 attack, and if I am lucky enough for another mob to run by me that would make another attack available.

Does this sound correct? Are there any other uses, or combos w/ some other feat/spell? Also if any of you would know where I could find a 3.5e (pure DnD) guide for Assassins, I would love to read up on it. So far, other than the 1 shot ability the class feels very basic.
    Last edited by Zoltan; 2012-10-26 at 08:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Assassin 3.5e -Z

There isn't really an Assassin's handbook, but this Rogue Handbook has a lot of useful info.
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

For combat reflexes to shine you need some way to get your enemies to provoke more often. The typical method is karmic strike(CW, I think) and/or robilard's gambit (PHB2).

There's a reason that assassin feels pretty basic. It is.

Unless you have the spell compendium. The spells that get added to the list make an assassin positively shine in his role of sneak-up-and-kill-'em guy. This is why assassin is still reasonably worthwhile when all his other class features are more readily available elsewhere.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

A reach weapon is the easiest method of generating AoOs, or just find some way of being large.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook