New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

He beat every single accusation against him. The only reason he was stripped of his wins was they kept trying until he couldn't afford the time, money or emotional investment to keep fighting considering all the other things he went through.

Witch hunt.

If you can't prove it the first time, you really need to give up.

The facts do not matter. What matters is it was never, ever proven.

You always side with the accused and against the authority until there's no other choice. Anything else is immoral. All authority is, by nature, completely irredeemably evil.
    Last edited by Talya; 2012-11-02 at 08:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

Erm... Wrong thread?

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good read, though. @.@

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

He beat every single accusation against him. The only reason he was stripped of his wins was they kept trying until he couldn't afford the time, money or emotional investment to keep fighting considering all the other things he went through.

Witch hunt.

If you can't prove it the first time, you really need to give up.

The facts do not matter. What matters is it was never, ever proven.

You always side with the accused and against the authority until there's no other choice. Anything else is immoral. All authority is, by nature, completely irredeemably evil.
    You are ofcourse completely right. That's why in the Dutch justice system you can only be convicted or aquitted of a crime once (though some exceptions exist).

anyway, onto the order of the day

*kidnaps lixie and brings her to Celtic's secret volcano base*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I want to be in the position where I can fill a whole business with transexuals, flaming homosexuals, dwarves/little people, disabled people, different races and other visibly "different" people that get othered and left out and discriminated against and the like in prominent customer service positions and tear into anyone who dares to say a derogatory word about any of them, and encourage all of my awesome to do the same.
    I love you, Serps. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    *kidnaps lixie and brings her to Celtic's secret volcano base*
    Mrr?
    Must be friday.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Mrr?
    Must be friday.
    Friday? I thought that was just a spur of the moment thing, but hey, if you're going to be tied up for the weekend, I'll join in.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #427

AssassinGuy

Yay weekend! I'm going to quietly enjoy having no homework and ignore the election (a little difficult, given that the early voting is two blocks from my apartment).
    Drew

This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Friday? I thought that was just a spur of the moment thing, but hey, if you're going to be tied up for the weekend, I'll join in.
    Well, this thread seems to have it as closer to a daily event, but that was the joke I went for and I stand by it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Banned

Happy new year, friends! I am back from semi-holiday hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    "Hi, I'm Chad; I like football, the color red, and am incapable of feeling love. What's your name?"
    No, they are never mindful of the fact they could be in the wrong. The last one spent twenty minutes haranguing me for not describing an ex-girlfriend's parts to him ("she's your ex, man, so you don't even have a claim, stop being such a [genitals] and spill!"), refused to stop asking, insisted that I should help him out because we were both "guys", and women are like trading cards anyway, ya gotta catch em all. He then took my current girlfriend standing up in a huff as an affront, got in her face and tried to start a fist fight.

So while the implication is that I'm over reacting, I would like to think a guy who espouses love just being letting your mind block signals from your junk and letting societal conditioning keep you from being a real man (whose description sounds like a sociopath) is actually what he says he is. Creepy and predatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Wait. *Wait. Did ya'll think my attempt at clarification and providing an alternative phrasing was espousing my own personal views on the matter?

Or did too much get read into my admitting my limited knowledge base and understanding despite my disclaimers that I didn't care and was actively not speaking in terms of value judgments and the like?

At least as far as I can recall the only thing I've said of my personal beliefs in the matter was that my personal beliefs didn't know what to make of it just yet.

At any rate, I think I neglected to apologize for my testiness in the face of the asexual label question looping back up in the conversation. *Sorry about that, especially since none of that was intended to reflect back upon you, gunnar11.
    My bad. I seem to have assumed something from disparate statements on your part. I led myself to believe that your wording comes across to others as arcane, and that the difficulty communicating frustrates you. I made a set of assumptions, and you know what they say about those.

edit: I know I'm browbeating you over this, and I'm sorry. Heaven knows I'm guilty of generalisations and misspeaking and a chronic sufferer of foot-in-mouth disease (quiet you sniggerers in the audience! ). I think that just answering Gunnar's question from way back at the start could help (although it's entirely possible you did and I just missed it)
    I appreciate the apology. I did answer his question, actually.*
    As for the original, progenitor comments;

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    I've found that sex and romance are real tight connected. As such, having a great gap between the two subjects makes me doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    In the vein of complete disclosure, sexually active aromantics disturb me.
    I am sure you can see how, where I agree with him (it 'makes me Doubt' to the degree that I am uncomfortable) I would be shocked to see that now I am being attacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Geeze Musashi, you're such an Opinion-Nazi *

(I kid I kid )
    Not until after she Vader-chokes a fool.

Until then she is an opinion activist u.u

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Aforementioned SMBC comic.
    You guys are terrible at linking things
    I'll have to fun it later. Sounds like a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Vanity? join the club sister. (though it's kind of hard to be able of being accused of vanity while having no fashionsense whatsoever)
    Some of us are beautiful enough that clothes just get in the way, really. /narcissism

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    You did it again.
    Got shot through the heart, oh baby baby?

Now for the real issue:
    I haven't been on the forum for 2 days, so I haven't been able to reply, and now I feel I need to answer every false assumption being made.

First: As serpentine said, the reply SiuiS gave seemed like a direct reply to me.
    [...] The problem doesn't lie in if you want to have a discussion or not, I'll gladly talk with anyone who wants to discuss something, anything. It's for this reason that I didn't "Defend" myself, on Coidzor's side of the discussion.

If you, Sius, had approached me like: "Huh? I don't understand that...
    or even:
    "that's weird, how come?"
    I would gladly try to explain it, instead of building a wall.
    Instead, you approached the matter with: It DISTURBS me.
    [...]
    It's not what you meant to say, but it's the words you chose.
    I am allowed to feel about things however I darn well please, and someone misunderstanding the target of a statement is a problem with their reading skills, not with my writing, especially after clarifying so sister-forsaken often.

If I feel an emotion over which I have no control, and it bothers anyone? TOUGH. five iterations of explanation is unnecessary, and all this focusing on the first post ignores the fact that the second clarified my point. You don't like that I feel this way? Then boy, it's too bad there's not a forum I helpful people to allow me to get over it, instead of harassing me over how slighted they feel that I can't overcome something without help.

I understand the concept behind no hard feelings, but five times is too many. One instance of "I know you can't help it but you're still a butt" is fine. ignoring apologies, corrections, and clarifications in order to continue using falsehoods is rather crude. Especially since Coidzor got what I meant immediately, proof that I didn't type or choose my words that poorly.

P.P.S. I have been trained for martial arts and jungle survival too, but I don't find it a relevant point in your 'case', Sius.
    The relevance is encoded in the post and context thereof.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-11-02 at 10:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Firbolg in the Playground

Weird stuff I think about while unable to fall asleep:
    As this is the internet I have little doubt that lots of people follow Homestuck. For people who don't follow it, they're generally basically pansexual in that they don't discriminate based on sex/gender. But, they have this weird complicated system beyond the boring human love thing.
    Due to a dream the other day I have been contemplating troll sexuality and wondering whether they could be straight, gay, or bi in different quadrants, or have asexual [X]-romantic variations on quadrants, or whatever. This is the kind of random stuff I would talk to the artist about at a con instead of dressing up as his characters and trying to obtain tissue samples his autograph.
    Jude P.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, he'd just reply that you're weird for thinking it through that much.

Personally, fictional my left NOSTRIL. The only quadrant I haven't been in is black. I basically live in the concilatory...

12. - Top - End - #432

Yeah, he'd just reply that you're weird for thinking it through that much.

Personally, fictional my left NOSTRIL. The only quadrant I haven't been in is black. I basically live in the concilatory...
    Oh yeah he would definitely think I'm even weirder than his normal fans.

Well, not all four are involved in human procreation, but it's definitely interesting to consider all four being necessary to reproduce.

I get hate-sex even less than I get love-sex, and that probably isn't even a part of it, but I don't know how else it would work for humans. But anyway aside from that stuff I can understand kismesissitude more than auspisticism or moirallegiance.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

I would be... not dead, but broken if it weren't for my moirail, and my ex moirails. I find myself being a moirail or an auspistice pretty darn often, and matespritship is what I long for. (Generally with moirails, which tends to end badly).
    Kismessissitude I have never seriously felt.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

No, they are never mindful of the fact they could be in the wrong. The last one spent twenty minutes haranguing me for not describing an ex-girlfriend's parts to him ("she's your ex, man, so you don't even have a claim, stop being such a [genitals] and spill!"), refused to stop asking, insisted that I should help him out because we were both "guys", and women are like trading cards anyway, ya gotta catch em all. He then took my current girlfriend standing up in a huff as an affront, got in her face and tried to start a fist fight.

So while the implication is that I'm over reacting, I would like to think a guy who espouses love just being letting your mind block signals from your junk and letting societal conditioning keep you from being a real man (whose description sounds like a sociopath) is actually what he says he is. Creepy and predatory.
    No, "espousing those values" just struck me as funny, like you were having a polite chat with Jeffery Dahmer over coffee. I don't really care about any of this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Oh yeah he would definitely think I'm even weirder than his normal fans.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #435

Spoiler
    Show
    Hahaha oh man that is a great picture.
    Jude P.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Banned

No, "espousing those values" just struck me as funny, like you were having a polite chat with Jeffery Dahmer over coffee. I don't really care about any of this at all.
    my holiday has left me testy.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Due to a dream the other day I have been contemplating troll sexuality and wondering whether they could be straight, gay, or bi in different quadrants, or have asexual [X]-romantic variations on quadrants, or whatever. This is the kind of random stuff I would talk to the artist about at a con instead of dressing up as his characters and trying to obtain tissue samples his autograph.
    I think they can be: I read that Word of God said Kanaya was lesbian, or that she found male-ness to be a turn off, or something (but I didn't see the actual post where this was said). But this is only in the flushed quadrant (and possibly the caliginous quadrant but recent evidence points to maybe not), since she's considered being in/been the auspistice for ashen relationships with males in it.

And I have no clue about the pale quadrant since she doesn't have a moiral, but I'd assume gender doesn't really matter in that quadrant since it's platonic.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think asexual trolls exist in Alternia, but only because they get killed off for not reproducing by a certain time. They probably survived in Beforus, though.
    Last edited by Randomguy; 2012-11-03 at 12:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    I think they can be: I read that Word of God said Kanaya was lesbian, or that she found male-ness to be a turn off, or something (but I didn't see the actual post where this was said). But this is only in the flushed quadrant (and possibly the caliginous quadrant but recent evidence points to maybe not), since she's considered being in/been the auspistice for ashen relationships with males in it.

And I have no clue about the pale quadrant since she doesn't have a moiral, but I'd assume gender doesn't really matter in that quadrant since it's platonic.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think asexual trolls exist in Alternia, but only because they get killed off for not reproducing by a certain time. They probably survived in Beforus, though.
    Well, they can be asexual, but would face the necessary pressure of being forced to ignore those feelings for their own survival. Although, I would presume the X years of the enforced mating system would make it much more difficult for asexual trolls to notice, understand, or vocalize those feelings. It's like any of us with identities or preferences out of the norm - until we're in a culture where that language is clearly identified, we might not be able to accurately identify our feelings.

The troll romance thing is a really interesting aspect of that story to read: we (at least the West) don't have values that match anything like the troll system, and trying to understand it is a great exercise in cultural learning and open-mindedness.

For me, kismessitude has been the hardest to understand, but...it's sort of like having someone that you hate, but who you need around in order to validate some aspect of yourself. A person you can't get rid of, because despite the conflict, you're lost without them to compare to.
    Drew

This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Please refain from that kind jokes. It maes it too easy to make bad jokes about that.

Anyway, what happened during halloween that left you unamused?

*tickles lixie* yep it was, and now it is saturday
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that.

*hug*
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that.

*hug*
    I'm sorry to hear that too, SiuiS. *Hug* Hope things get better soon.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Colossus in the Playground

On my phone so quoting is hard. Sius, could you please point out where you answered Gunnar's question? Couldn't find it last time I looked.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!

Another episode of My Transexual Summer's on. There's a distressing theme of people going "well I'm okay with it, obviously, but I have to worry about what the customers' comfort, you know?" and the like

I want to be in the position where I can fill a whole business with transexuals, flaming homosexuals, dwarves/little people, disabled people, different races and other visibly "different" people that get othered and left out and discriminated against and the like in prominent customer service positions and tear into anyone who dares to say a derogatory word about any of them, and encourage all of my awesome to do the same.*

*Positive intent may well be deeply offensive. If so, sorry about that. I'm just so full of feels.
    That is a very nice idea, any thoughts on what you would have the business do if you could make it?

*Hugs*

That is no fun, hope it is just a temporary testiness.

On the topic of Troll sexuality, I have no idea what Homestuck is, so I shall just sit back and smile at how funny all the strange terminology sounds. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

So, been making Eclipse Phase characters. A lot of them, I've put "Gender Identity" as "Other" or "N/A."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Eclipse Phase is an incredibly cool idea, but I don't think I could play a campaign there. Maybe it's a lack of imagination.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Eclipse Phase is an incredibly cool idea, but I don't think I could play a campaign there. Maybe it's a lack of imagination.
    Did you ever read the Ophiuchi Hotline, Steel Beach, or The Golden Globe by John Varley? Cause they're all in a similar sort of setting, and I think do a good job highlighting how much capacity there is for adventure and/or espionage even over some of the silliest things. The Golden Globe, for example, is my favorite book of all time and is all about a shapeshifting actor trying to get to the moon in time for a production of king lear by his childhood friend, all while being chased by Satanist Mafia from the Prison Planet set up by a Prison Planet.

There is much humor, action, tragedy, and assault-with-a-musical-instrument along the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Did you ever read the Ophiuchi Hotline, Steel Beach, or The Golden Globe by John Varley? Cause they're all in a similar sort of setting, and I think do a good job highlighting how much capacity there is for adventure and/or espionage even over some of the silliest things. The Golden Globe, for example, is my favorite book of all time and is all about a shapeshifting actor trying to get to the moon in time for a production of king lear by his childhood friend, all while being chased by Satanist Mafia from the Prison Planet set up by a Prison Planet.

There is much humor, action, tragedy, and assault-with-a-musical-instrument along the way.
    ... Must read. I know nothing about Varley as an author or person, but you have caught me with that description. ^_^

I also had never heard of Eclipse Phase, despite being a huge transhumanism fan. I am such a poor geek. u_u
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #448

... What the ******* ****. *Hugs!*

I would be... not dead, but broken if it weren't for my moirail, and my ex moirails. I find myself being a moirail or an auspistice pretty darn often, and matespritship is what I long for. (Generally with moirails, which tends to end badly).
    Kismessissitude I have never seriously felt.
    *Didn't quite get all of that, but hugs*

~Bianca
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

29. - Top - End - #449
    Barbarian in the Playground

If I feel an emotion over which I have no control, and it bothers anyone? TOUGH. five iterations of explanation is unnecessary, and all this focusing on the first post ignores the fact that the second clarified my point. You don't like that I feel this way? Then boy, it's too bad there's not a forum I helpful people to allow me to get over it, instead of harassing me over how slighted they feel that I can't overcome something without help.

I understand the concept behind no hard feelings, but five times is too many. One instance of "I know you can't help it but you're still a butt" is fine. ignoring apologies, corrections, and clarifications in order to continue using falsehoods is rather crude. Especially since Coidzor got what I meant immediately, proof that I didn't type or choose my words that poorly.
    Ok.
    You're right.
    I'm wrong.
    Good day to you.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

if Theres Anyone Who Wants To Help Someone In Distress, Please Pm Me Soon As Possible
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2012-11-04 at 12:48 AM.