New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Well, hm. Is wanting to be masculine necesarily a bad thing though? I don't know. I'm of two or more minds. I can see how it's bad but I can also see how it's not that bad at all. Which I guess means my opinion doesn't have any value at present, huh? Heh.
    Oh, no, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be masculine, but it's just the idea that they have to brand nail polish as something super-masculine before it's okay for a guy to wear it.

That's unfortunate, but... It makes a certain amount of sense really. Isn't transsexuality a relatively rare thing? I mean, even .0001% is going to have a lot of individuals but still. That and homosexuality being a much more commonly accepted thing means visibility isn't nearly as much a problem for them.
    Well, numbers on it are going to be a lot lower than they actually are considering a lot of people never come out about it and a lot of people don't want to out themselves. I could see that as a reason for trans* people being hesitant to reveal that they're trans* at a GSA too, cause being around LGB peeps doesn't mean they'll be good around trans* peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    By the way: Have you guys seen the new Bond-film? The scene with Bond flirting with the villain. I love it
    That was frustrating in theater, cause several people made sounds of disgust. I really liked though how Bond was all "who says I haven't" about encounters with men which was really neatly handled I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by monkyman640 View Post

Oh, its definitely not nearly as bad. When I first saw it I was vacillating between anger at it and amusement at how stupid it seemed. I was just pointing out that there was at least a small portion of the trans* population that did have strong prejudices.

That is a really good point. /sigh... Why can't we all just get along, right?

Its definitely not an excuse, and I get what you are saying.
    Hm hm. I understand. I hope I didn't get too defensive at you. It's just a phrase that I've had a lot of frustrating arguments cause of and just, groups kicking down on other groups is just bleh. :/
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Firbolg in the Playground

So there's some crap going down at my old school but I don't know if I should share. It's mostly about race anyway, less about queer identities, though it's all related.

For some reason I quoted stuff all out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    In other news, I kind of finished my comic for the Transgender Day of Remembrance.. Just thought you would like to know... Maybe? Eep! >_<
    It's neat. I like it, but I'm still not entirely sure I get it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    We seem to have a couple of gay, a couple of bi, several MtF, a few around the genderqueer place, and a handful of straight allies / heteroflexible / straight-but-not-narrow. Of the people who post frequently and make their identity known.
    I think we have at least a couple of regular asexuals too, plus Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Some LGB people want to ditch the Trans people because of the Social Stigma. It's good to know such prejudice would never take hold in the trans community.
    It's almost a valid point that they're technically sort of different issues. Except that gender acceptance and sexuality acceptance are the same issue, because the issue is bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I don't think DCS is really comparable to the abuse trans* people suffer at the hands of society. Not to mention that aside from it being a slogan held by a minority of people it's something that not put into action, contrary to violence on trans* people, which is what today is about.

Edit; I don't use it myself because it something I don't feel comfortable with, but I do find it incredibly interesting how say on lgbt+ subreddits you get huge discussions when it comes up but violence or discrimination towards trans people doesn't garner much attention.

Edit2; I don't think DCS is an okay thing; threatening any group is wrong.

Edit3; Sorry. I just really dislike how often it's thrown around as an excuse to be discriminatory towards trans peeps. :/ (Not saying that's what you're intending here.)
    Trans groups get way more crap than the anti-cis and anti-ally groups dish back out. Of course DCS is awful, but that's not saying that transphobia isn't awful. They're both some degree of awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Heya, guys! I didn't die or something, I just experienced something that I believe non-scientists call "rich social life".
    "Social life" being a bit of an euphemism, as we went to an anime con. There was goddamn Vriska. I should tell Hussie his trolls managed to start invading France. And I should damn him for this, too.
    Also, there were video games involved, so not that much social life all in all.
    ... moving on.
    I was like, "What's so weird about that?" But I guess in France maybe Homestuck isn't as hugely popular as it has become among American nerds. American cons are practically nothing but trolls now.

For once, my otherwise unrelated news happen to be tangential to a subject discussed fewer than 5 pages ago! Lucky me! Our association (which has a very high proportion or LGBT members, including BF and myself) will have a stand in two anime cons next year, and prepare cosplays accordingly. For the first, I'll crossplay as Naoto and BF will cosplay as Shinji (the whole group should have cosplays from Shin Megami tensei games), and for the second one, we'll go respectively go as Fayt and Albel from Star Ocean.
    Yes, you read it right, I'm the one crossplaying a FtM character, and he willl wear more skirt than I. Not counting the hair. He's not planning to use a wig.
    And we can entertain yaoi fans while being a straight couple but that's much less unusual at a con, I suppose.
    So that's... I wouldn't say good news because it's not going to improve the world, but amusing news.
    Sounds fun. I've only been to one con twice, and I'm not big on cosplaying myself, but I support people who do go to cons and cosplay. It's generally a neat culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Getting a little disillusioned with the LGBTsoc. There are some lovely people, but it's about 90% cis gay guys. There are a few girls, and as for representatives of the trans* umbrella, as far as I can tell there's me and one FtM.
    Sorry it's not quite what you hoped. I guess that's just the population there, or something? Maybe you could try to promote it more for lesbians and trans folks?
    Reminds me kind of the skew back in high school. There weren't many openly gay guys, maybe one I think I knew of. (I also never checked out the GSA there, but I think my Spanish teacher in twelfth grade ran it.) But there were quite a few out lesbians. And for some reason, people made a biggish deal about the lesbians (not usually overtly negative but still pretty iffy). So maybe the gay guys who were out were just ignored because lesbians are hot and gay guys are boring, or maybe they didn't come out because of the atmosphere, or something. Seems to me like intolerant areas (Danbury was kind of a mix, really) are cooler with lesbians than gay guys for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Or that aromantics smell nice
    Darn you, autocorrect!
    Jude P.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ettin in the Playground

That was frustrating in theater, cause several people made sounds of disgust. I really liked though how Bond was all "who says I haven't" about encounters with men which was really neatly handled I felt.
    Seriously? That's a little... Naive I guess is the word. I mean, you're going in to see a movie about a super slick prepared for anything amazing voice smooth operating master of shadows who can work anyone into getting what he wants. I'd be disappointed if James couldn't pull off encounters with all kinds.

Next thing you know people will be shocked to know that there is space in Star Wars when they look back on it. OhwaitnevermindDISNEY! Grumble grumble /cornerranting
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hm hm. I understand. I hope I didn't get too defensive at you. It's just a phrase that I've had a lot of frustrating arguments cause of and just, groups kicking down on other groups is just bleh. :/
    Oh, no. You were fine. I got what you were saying.
    LGBTAitP!
    Pokemon Tabletop

Quote Originally Posted by Alleran View Post
    Friends don't let friends use Disjunction. It's the magical equivalent of being at ground zero for a tactical nuclear strike.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    No, they're perfectly accepting of everyone. It's just... well, someone described the society to me as being essentially the Gay Men's Dating Association, and if the amount of gossip that I hear at the lunches is to be believed, it seems that the hookup graph of the guys is nearly complete.

I guess it's self-perpetuating, really. The guys look at the soc and go "hey, lots of gay guys, awesome!", whereas the lesbians look at it and go "there's no girls there, it's pointless."
    Ooooh, okay. I totally misunderstood.
    Yeah, that's no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by monkyman640 View Post
    Oh, its definitely not nearly as bad. When I first saw it I was vacillating between anger at it and amusement at how stupid it seemed. I was just pointing out that there was at least a small portion of the trans* population that did have strong prejudices.
    Well, trans people are people. So they will share the same traits as humanity a a whole. The fun comes in whether the dispersion is the same, or if they have different relative prevalence.

Oh, no, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be masculine, but it's just the idea that they have to brand nail polish as something super-masculine before it's okay for a guy to wear it.
    Ah, thank you Lena. I was conflating two separate issues. You're right, the need to "de-sissified for proper masculine consumption" is bad, because it reinforces the negativity of a difference between the sexes.

Well, numbers on it are going to be a lot lower than they actually are considering a lot of people never come out about it and a lot of people don't want to out themselves. I could see that as a reason for trans* people being hesitant to reveal that they're trans* at a GSA too, cause being around LGB peeps doesn't mean they'll be good around trans* peeps.
    Yeah. And tereitcally, there are other social differences. By trying to forces transwomen to be masculine, we teach them to be outspoken. Trans men on the other hand taught, often strongly to break their masculine habits, to be quiet, and THEN the double whammy since the masculine thig to do is swallow whatever you're feeling and keep a stiff upper lip.

Hardly scientific, but it was my first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I was like, "What's so weird about that?" But I guess in France maybe Homestuck isn't as hugely popular as it has become among American nerds. American cons are practically nothing but trolls now.

Sounds fun. I've only been to one con twice, and I'm not big on cosplaying myself, but I support people who do go to cons and cosplay. It's generally a neat culture.
    Cosplay is fun, theoretically. Although I say that predominantly out of wanting to go as a sexy rainbow-haired griffon. Or a changeling with really bad disguises.

Darn you, autocorrect!
    Man, you don't even know.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Well, my girlfriend and my ex have set up a date. I'm torn between furiously hoping that they will hit it off and my girlfriend will have her desired chance for a lesbian experience, and fear that they will descend into discussing awkward facts about me and giggling furiously at my expense.

More seriously, I do hope things go well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm having some very hard trouble trying to recover from problems that require psychological counseling. I would appreciate it if I got a little nudge in my PM box, even though I know most of us here aren't experts in mental anguish.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Dear me, you guys are really nightowls aren't you?

anyway in response to my hair:
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnar11 View Post
    @Socratov:
    Awesome pic!
    You might want to go cut your hair, though
    thanks! And yes, my hair has been trimmed a bit since then (that pic was taken as some sort of try out. since then (and before the Gala I went to) a haircut has taken place and some actual care for my hair has taken place. The endresult was me looking like a gentleman with wavy gentleman like hair. I lost the beardd as well . (the photos are on my facebook, which I can't reach at work, though you can look me up through the GiantitP facebook group).
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I think we have at least a couple of regular asexuals too, plus Musashi.
    Oh yeah! They were in my initial count but then I forgot to put them in my list. >,< Sorry, asexuals and demisexuals!

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Well, my girlfriend and my ex have set up a date. I'm torn between furiously hoping that they will hit it off and my girlfriend will have her desired chance for a lesbian experience, and fear that they will descend into discussing awkward facts about me and giggling furiously at my expense.

More seriously, I do hope things go well.
    That's mad! I hope it works out well!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

Cosplay is fun, theoretically. Although I say that predominantly out of wanting to go as a sexy rainbow-haired griffon. Or a changeling with really bad disguises.
    Depending on whether you care about doing it well, really bad disguises would be either really easy, or REALLY HARD.

WHY NOT ZOIDBERG BOTH
    In all seriousness (snuggles)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Yay for Lixie!

*tickles Lixie*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    WHY NOT ZOIDBERG
    Are we broadening the scope of this thread to include cephalpodisexuals as well? It's just I think we could run into trouble from the hentai crowd if we did. >.>

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Yay for Lixie!

*tickles Lixie*
    ACK WHAT WHY

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Are we broadening the scope of this thread to include cephalpodisexuals as well? It's just I think we could run into trouble from the hentai crowd if we did. >.>
    I'm pretty sure there's some major overlap. Everyone's welcome.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Yay for Lixie!

*tickles Lixie*
    Seconded!

*tickles Lixie MOAR!!*
    fear that they will descend into discussing awkward facts about me and giggling furiously at my expense.
    It's ok, girls tend to do this anyway....but hopefully it turns out ok despite the giggling
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    Seconded!

*tickles Lixie MOAR!!*
    Whyyyyyyyy DXDD

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

This is why not Zoidberg.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like a plus to me.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Troll in the Playground

Whyyyyyyyy DXDD
    Simple: we are boared and thus give you attention.
    Seconded!

*tickles Lixie MOAR!!*

It's ok, girls tend to do this anyway....but hopefully it turns out ok despite the giggling
    *high five!*
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

I am unsure how to react to this.
    (hides under her desk)

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

I am unsure how to react to this.
    (hides under her desk)
    Oh Lixie, so predictable......always hiding under the desk.

*Pushes button and Spring the Lixie catching trap*

MMUUAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

ACK
    (is caught apparently)

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground

This is why not Zoidberg.
    Actually, Zoidberg may have a place in an LGBT thread - I vaguely recall a certain species of octopus or squid that was bisexual. It camoflagues itself to look female and tricks other males into mating with it so that they waste their breeding opportunity.

Not exactly a shining example of postive bisexuality but it's a start I guess...

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

ACK
    (is caught apparently)
    Indeed.........now what to do with her, any suggestions?

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, Zoidberg may have a place in an LGBT thread - I vaguely recall a certain species of octopus or squid that was bisexual. It camoflagues itself to look female and tricks other males into mating with it so that they waste their breeding opportunity.

Not exactly a shining example of postive bisexuality but it's a start I guess...
    As far as I know, all cephalopod species are bisexual. Just, you know, not in that way. And I think you're thinking of cuttlefish, some of whose males disguise themselves as females to get close to stronger males and get it on with their girlfriends.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed.........now what to do with her, any suggestions?
    tickle her more i guess? I mean, we can hardly run off and keep her for ourselves...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as I know, all cephalopod species are bisexual. Just, you know, not in that way. And I think you're thinking of cuttlefish, some of whose males disguise themselves as females to get close to stronger males and get it on with their girlfriends.
    Probably. I just wish I could remember what had actually caused me to look into the sexual habits of cephalapods a couple of weeks back. Because that's a pretty random subject, even by my standards.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Probably. I just wish I could remember what had actually caused me to look into the sexual habits of cephalapods a couple of weeks back. Because that's a pretty random subject, even by my standards.
    That's a really random subject by anyone's standards to be fair

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Still, however justified that last point is, I wish them good luck. The anti-gay-marriage bigots have been surprisingly loud and numerous lately. (Even more surprisingly, the protests are not just ridiculous in their content, but also in their execution. Sorry, it's all in French.)
    That is a goofy way to protest against human rights, but I am just glad it is a creative thing and not violence. Do hope most of the Francophone world is represented by the people who were kissing rather than the people demonstrating, though. ^_^

Bit of a wrong conclusion. It is not Black Widow who is lacking the weaponry to equal everybody else on the team, they are the ones who have to be gods and giants to get a spot on Black Widow's team.

In fact, Batman is secretly a spy trained by Black Widow, but Batsy only got a B.

[/slightly exaggerated. ]

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    I'm having some very hard trouble trying to recover from problems that require psychological counseling. I would appreciate it if I got a little nudge in my PM box, even though I know most of us here aren't experts in mental anguish.
    I would like to help, but if you need psychological counseling, please do seek a professional. Your health is important and we are but amateurs. However, Whatever is up, we will do our best to be of as much help as possible.

Maybe it was the series of illustrations by the author of Scandinavia and the World that dealt with animal sexuality? They were quite adorable. :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Maybe it was the series of illustrations by the author of Scandinavia and the World that dealt with animal sexuality? They were quite adorable. :3
    A star spangled cookie for the kobold! That was it! =D