New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Hat Fortress 2: Snappy Title Pending

The thing that scares me about TF2 trading is that there's no indication that the game is going to slow down or that a sequel will come out with consideration put into player inventories. Not from VALVe or the players. Part of me wants to cash out, but the far larger part of me wants to keep my stuff and keep on playing. I suppose so long as people keep playing it's worth keeping loot, yeah?

2. - Top - End - #572
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Nappa View Post
    The thing that scares me about TF2 trading is that there's no indication that the game is going to slow down or that a sequel will come out with consideration put into player inventories. Not from VALVe or the players. Part of me wants to cash out, but the far larger part of me wants to keep my stuff and keep on playing. I suppose so long as people keep playing it's worth keeping loot, yeah?
    Well, yes and no. At this point I feel there is no point hanging on to loot you don't plan to use often. See, with the rampant key inflation going on (pushing 7.5 refined now), this causes everything else to drop significantly in value. That unusual worth 2 buds? Was worth $108 is now only worth $60 because the price of buds has fallen. That strange weapon worth 25 keys? Soon it will be worth 15.

See, I don't think the greatest risk right now is TF3 or everyone quitting the game. Right now the greatest risk is rampant inflation caused by the Steam Community market, greed and price fixing which is leading to a market collapse.

In short, sell everything you don't actively use, because in 6 months you can buy it all back for a lot less money, if you want.
    This time next december, buds will be worth 10 keys or less.

But that's just my opinion. I thought the key inflation would stabilize when valve eliminated easy text idling. I was wrong there.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know, buds fallen to 15 keys, but now are back to 18-20 for some reason. The thing is, despite strict limits on idling and adding weapon sinks, Valve didn't really killed it. Big idlers still do it easily. Until Valve adds real good metal sink, one that won't just print money to idlefarms, and develops trade offers/market combo thing to the point of killing outpost and backpack, I don't see anything changing
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

4. - Top - End - #574
    Barbarian in the Playground

So out of curiosity, does anyone happen to have or know someone whose a Killstreak kit/fabricator for the Degreaser/Shotgun/Flare Gun/Powerjack/Axetinguisher?
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

I have some festive weapons I would like to trade:

I search: normal festive black box
    I can offer: either normal festive Eylander, normal festive Crusader Crossbow, normal festive Flare Gun

I search: strange festive Crusader Crossbow or strange festive Flare Gun or strange festive Black Box
    I can offer: strange festive Jarate
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin