New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: How do YOU protect your items?

Ranks in Profession: Something boring or disturbing. I loose my gear, the table gets a lesson where tanneries get some of the chemicals they use on hides or the day to day operations of a fish and cabbage stall.

Most classes are gear dependent. If a DM wants to bring a game to a grinding halt, that is okay with me. I'll earn it back a few copper at a time.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightwyrm View Post
    I'm imagining an All warforged society in which even gold pieces have been made as warforged components, so that the warforged walk around paying for other components for themselves with bits of their shirt.
    Gives a new meaning to "costs an arm and a leg", no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightwyrm View Post
    I'm imagining an All warforged society in which even gold pieces have been made as warforged components, so that the warforged walk around paying for other components for themselves with bits of their shirt.
    No, all Warforged just need the slot-machine attachment.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Male

Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    "Are those jackpot winnings in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

"...yes."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    [One disguise check (to look like a Warforged) later...]

"Hey baby, wanna play slots? Give me some coins and just keep pulling this, uh, lever right here..."
    Last edited by Slipperychicken; 2012-10-27 at 11:16 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    Gives a new meaning to "costs an arm and a leg", no?
    That it does. The poor from such a society would be left with barely a leg to stand on.
    "If your heart is fearful throw away fear; if there is terror in it throw away terror. Take your axe in your hand and attack. He who leaves the fight unfinished is not at peace." -The Epic of Gilgamesh

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    It's not using the custom item rules at all. Warforged Components are perfectly legit (straight out of ECS, no changes), it explicitly says any item can be one, and you don't even need a special feat; anyone can make Warforged Components.
    You are right, I've missed that line until now

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

I like having most stuff made of Aurorum or Wildwood and giving it the called property. It fixes itself if broken and arrives when you want it.
    Attacking the darkness since 2009.

Spoiler: Quotes I like
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal regarding What would a Cat Lord want? View Post
    She wants the renegade Red Dot brought to her court in chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwykersotz regarding randomly rolling edgelord backstories View Post
    Huh...Apparently I'm Agony Blood Blood, Half-orc Shadow Sorcerer. I killed a Dragons. I'm Chaotic Good, probably racist.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

The last time I got pickpocketed at our home table was on my Cleric of Hextor who had a habit of walking around everywhere with a held charge on the highest Inflict spell he could cast.

Got pickpocketed 10ft off the ship in a new town by a little orphan kid and won the Spot vs Sleight of Hand roll...DM says "You feel something tug at your coin purse, and your hand reflexively darts out and grabs the wrist of a small child with his hand in your pouch."

I literally said ""

DM goes, "Oh."

That was 2 years ago.
    Last edited by Medic!; 2012-10-27 at 02:49 PM.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    The last time I got pickpocketed at our home table was on my Cleric of Hextor who had a habit of walking around everywhere with a held charge on the highest Inflict spell he could cast.

Got pickpocketed 10ft off the ship in a new town by a little orphan kid and won the Spot vs Sleight of Hand roll...DM says "You feel something tug at your coin purse, and your hand reflexively darts out and grabs the wrist of a small child with his hand in your pouch."

I literally said ""

DM goes, "Oh."

That was 2 years ago.
    Funny, I've had a similar situation before, only it was with Necrotic Cyst, not Inflict. Let the little scamp think he got away with a creepy smile at him. A block away (and a 7-th level spell slot from me), he suddenly felt compelled to come back and give me my coins back. And then ended up as the talk of the town when he blew himself up and almost killed the captain of the guard the next day (slow adventuring day, I had a few spare spell slots).

On a more on-topic note, a thing I've bound useful for guarding my stuff is useless minions. The same Enveloping Pit that holds my stuff also holds all the zombies, skeletons, or other undead made from creatures that aren't a match for things now. Keep them in the pit, leave them with instructions to deal with anyone trying to remove things from the bag that aren't you. Even when they come out of your command, the undead follow their last given instructions, so it's all right as long as you don't need your party members to get something from it.Incorporeal guardians are useful because you can shove them anywhere, without regard for space issues.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2012-10-27 at 05:45 PM.