Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 102
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Lost Arcana; Team B

    Chapter 1
    Scars

    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Roh sat down his table, checking that the papers are in order. Crossing the Kremonian borders would be a hassle without those, one that he could easily spare for the adventurers.

    Besides, he had to keep his mind occupied, for he feared he would sink into madness otherwise; Like the others. His hands shook uncontrollably as he unfolded one of the letters, forcing him to grab his own wrist. Tears ran down his cheeks, but Roh could not pin down the thought that caused them. It was new, another effect of the theft? He quickly caused erased their trace with a spell. At least something so basic was still within his grasp,

    One envelope had all the paperwork, and he had six more for each of the adventurers, in case something happens to the driver and they'll need copies.

    His head suddenly feeling lighter, Roh let go of his wrist, confirming the shaking has subsided, and folded the paperwork back into the envelopes. As he heard the incoherent ramblings in the hallway outside his door, he sighed before putting the envelopes in his pouch and leaving the room.

    Outside the room was Apprentice Kale, a young boy, which in itself was extremely rare in the Academy, with great skills in the Arcane, and more. The boy was having an argument over the validity of a multi layered bacon-cake as a pillow with a chicken. From Kale's rage, the chicken was winning.

    Roh shook his head and led the child back to his room. Kale was one of the lesser cases; Roh wasn't sure of the reason. It could be a combination of his strong mind and how fresh the knowledge of Lost Arcana was in his mind... But his arcane powers had manifested in ways that made keeping Kale contained... Difficult.

    On his way back, Master Roh saw the driver getting the horses ready. It's a long way from the Academy, Roh thought. Perhaps that's why they managed to catch that lead. Whoever did it, traveled such a long way that he didn't manage to raise defenses fast enough. If there are other locations, perhaps they are protected already...

    His hands shook once again, but Roh didn't even notice. The thought that so much rested in such unexperienced men that just barely able to learn the Lost Arcana was too unsettling for him. He took a deep breath and moved towards the first floor where they waited.


    A small crowd, half a dozen men and women waited by the large wooden doors for Master Roh as he slowly walked down the stairs towards them. He shook slightly with each step, but managed to keep a steady pace without the risk of collapsing. Behind him, followed a chicken.

    Roh was tall, with long brown hair tied with a thin black band behind his head. His beard used to be neatly trimmed, but has grown messy in the last few days, with Roh avoiding cutting it for obvious reasons. His black eyes were unfocused and tires, visible circles under them. He wore the formal black Academy robes with green decorations, but the robes were wrinkled and fell awkwardly around him.

    "I'm sorry for the wait." He finally addressed you as he reached the bottom of the stairs. "I had a couple of things to take care of while the driver got ready." He took out the six envelopes and handed each of them to you in order. A smooth black ink writing notes your names on the designated envelopes.

    "It's hard to know what to expect. The driver is very experienced, so nothing should happen to him, but in case things go south, these envelopes contain the necessary paperwork for you to clear the border with ease."

    Roh ignored the quiet clucking of the chicken as he stepped towards the doors and opened them into the yard. Two large, black horses were tied to a large carriage. One of the horses had white stripes going through it's entire length, while the other one had a large red spot on it's right side and at the end of it's nose.

    Master Roh stepped towards the front of the carriage, where an old man stood and talked to the striped horse. The man stopped as Roh approached and walked to him, limping slowly, his cane providing support. He quietly took an envelope from Roh and nodded as they exchanged final words.

    With that done, Roh turned back to you and nodded. "Everything is ready for the trip. Usually, it would take you almost a week to get to Kremon's borders from here, but with Old Euwig here, it should take you two days." He turns his head slightly for the driver's confirmation.

    "He will take you to Lireon Village, which should be close to the Lire Dome... Haven't heard much of it, so I can't really tell you what to expect." Roh lowers his gaze before continuing. "My friend managed to trace residual energy that looked similar to Lost Arcana, so that is our only lead at the moment. I will continue looking for information from here while taking care of the other members of the Academy."

    "One last thing... I know that you weren't official members of the Academy yet, but to accept such a mission on the Academy's behalf, I see no other option to call you. Please, accept these." Master Roh holds out six rings which are the same as the one he is wearing, a snake wrapped around a black arrow engraved within the gold.

    "These are rings that are worn by the Academy members when they are out on missions on it's behalf. It would grant you favor with any past students of the Academy, mostly masters that have left after learning their share of the Lost Arcana. Besides those, there are plenty of men out there that owe the Academy and will gladly repay their debts by aiding you. You will need those as well, to prove that you haven't stolen the rings." He hands you bracelets made out of what appears to be tiny scorpion tails attached to each other.

    "All participants of Lost Arcana wear those outside of the Academy. I... I know much is on your plate already, but please... If you find people wearing these bracelets while you are out there, check on them. They might be badly hurt, like some of the people here. If you can help them, please... Even arranging passage for them to get to the Academy..." The thought of his brethren out there, their minds shattered by an unknown force, being far away from anyone who would understand, pained Master Roh.

    Euwig nodded at Roh before turning away and climbing slowly into the driver's bench, his bones almost creaking as he grabbed the reins. The chicken set by his side.

    "You'll succeed." Roh said finally and waited.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow
    Shadows of the Past - Arashi

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Jack Whisper
    Jack stood by as old Roh handed out the rings and bracelets and papers. As they crossed his palm, he couldn't stop the voice in the back of his mind which wondered innocently how much the jewelry would fetch.
    Dismissing the thought, he smiles at Roh, but lets him finish talking. In truth, he was quite pleased to be going on this mission. If he had learned anything from life up to this point, it was to up stakes and move away whenever his luck caused catastrophe, especially since each catastrophe he caused seemed to be larger than the last.
    You could almost take pride in Mayhem this bad.

    Still, Jack Whisper smiled an easy smile. Amongst the other inmates of the Academy, it must be said that he is among the least exotic. While his frame is robust and his shoulders broad, he is definitely human, and aspires to nothing greater by his well-worn traveler's garb than a well-prepared warrior or a particularly debonair highwayman. Certainly his thick leather gloves and the long curved blade strapped to his back add to the mercenary impression.
    He is ruggedly handsome and often rough-shaven, with a thick curling mustache being his sole concession to personal vanity.
    "Thanks, Roh," he says, "You can be sure we'll move quick as winking." He glances up at the sky. "We can do introductions on the road, of course. Lots of quiet uneventful-" He pauses to stand on one leg and rap his shoe sole with his knuckles before continuing "space between here and the border."
    He hops up eagerly into the wagon, sidling to the side nearest the driver, where he begins chatting easily at Euwig.
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Zaavariel

    The tall and very dense Zaavariel stood there listening to Roh, a wry smile on his face which abruptly turned to a frown when he was handed two conspicuous pieces of jewlery. He is a stark contrast to Master Roh, as he stands there is little more than his traveling leathers, his pack, and his prized possession, a lightless obsidian black blade made by his own hand.

    Though he smiles, his golden tinted eyes glance around, bringing in all that is around him...More than just identification....possibly tracking....

    Zaavariel politely pockets the jewelry into his pack before addressing Master Roh, "I will do my part to ensure that your confidence is well placed."

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    A short and lightly built female elf with a pair of short swords who you recognize as Uthavel from around the academy accepts the ring and papers with a nod. "I will do my best to ensure the same return of the Lost Arcana Sir"
    She puts the ring on before climbing into the carriage.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Barimm bowed deeply and took the gifts from Master Roh. While he wasn't familiar with anyone else, he had quickly grown to respect Master Roh in his short time here. As he felt the small weight of the ring and the bracelet, he felt as if his entire community's hope and dreams were left in his hands. For a moment, he imagined his one and only love, white and pale in her forest bed and on the verge of death. Taking a deep breath, he pushed the image out of his mind and smiled.

    "I will be sure to look out for anyone we see," he replied simply to Master Roh. Boarding the carriage, Barimm took his time as he looked at the others. He wondered what they had originally come for, and what stories they were willing to tell, and what stories they weren't.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Kiuran takes up the items and stows them her backpack, bowing politely. For a moment, she thinks on how this adds to her allegiances. To her people, the Azurin, to her order, the Knights of Thysa's Flame, to her fellow Ashen, to her wood elf teacher, and on and on. Well, one more couldn't hurt.

    Kiuran steps into the carriage, hoping to grab a seat nearby a window. She moves about slowly and deliberately, trying to avoid her pale blue monks robes catching on anything. Although her clothing and equipment seem simple, her forehead sports a prominent tattoo of a closed eye. Additional filigree-like designs surround the eye, although it's hard to make them out without closer inspection or asking her about them.

    Kiuran nods at each of her travelling companions as they enter, then looks out the window thoughtfully.
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2012-10-27 at 01:26 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Jack Whisper
    Jack chats aimlessly at Euwig, irrespective of the old man's participation.
    "... begins with a single step, really. But if you've got a wagon those thousand miles start looking a lot better. When you walk everywhere you go, it's easy to resent the folk on horses and that: anyone with a beast to bear them. Horses are expensive to feed! But with light heart and light foot, You'll pass the miles easy enough."
    He leans against the side of the wagon, crossing his legs and looking up at the sky through the tall, leafy trees around.
    "It's a good omen for a new journey you know; fair weather, fair start! And it'll be nice to be traveling with hale and interesting folk."
    He addresses those in the wagon at large,
    "Am I right? Company's grand, On the Road, In the Bed, and in the Ground, so they say."
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Chihanna listens to Master Roh. She feels a bit out of place standing next to the others. Armor, weapons, simple clothes that covered them so fully. She was standing there armorless, weaponless, and in expensive clothes that did little to cover more than enough for the simplest imagination to fill in.

    When the items were handed out, she took them with a well practiced smile. Showing gratitude, but lamenting wearing them due to how much they would clash with her normal clothing, and on how rather ugly they were for jewelry. Would it have killed them to have had them made by a reputable craftsman with some degree of taste?

    As they are filing into the carriage she smiles. He bend is low to give the men in the carriage a fair show of cleavage before turning back out to face the master. We will all do our best to please you master!, is piped out enthusiastically.

    Spinning back towards the group, she steps into the carriage and asks ever so sweetly, Now where is there room for me to sit? Any volunteers to sit with me?


  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    As Jack turns away, Euwig mumbles "Horses are cheaper to feed than men." But he quickly silences himself as Jack turns to look at him, pretending he said nothing.

    As everybody climb up, Euwig swiftly commands the horses with a weak tug at the rains and... Nothing happens. That is, nothing inside. The carriage seems to move so smoothly that if it were not the shifting of the view outside the windows, nothing would indicate you are actually on the move.

    The carriage is roomy, with three benches that could fit comfortably at least nine men. By the ceiling are hanging unlit lanterns and under each bench is a footlocker for personal items. A small stand in the middle has a bowl of fruit, some bread and cheese, various nuts, two pitchers, one of water and another of mead and eight mugs. A few small small bows feature different spreads for the bread, with different knives for each.

    And so the first day of the journey has begun. What do you do?
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow
    Shadows of the Past - Arashi

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Kiuran waves at Chihanna, calling her over.

    "I'd love to have someone sit with me, if you don't mind helping me with something," says Kiuran, pulling out a wine bottle. She begins pulling out several unadorned, pure white glasses from her backpack. As she does so, she addresses the whole group.

    My Cheraiya told me on my first lesson that people who travel or work together for a good length of time should all drink from the same glass. I told him I was seven but he didn't care. For that Wood Elf tribe it's apparently good luck for the group to drink from the same bottle. He gave me these ivorywood glasses as a gift when I left home, in case I ever traveled with others, or found a student of my own. I'll admit it's the first time I've brought out these glasses. Still, I would be honored if you would drink from them.
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2012-10-27 at 03:27 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Uthavel smiles "A quaint tradition, while it may be a little hasty to form such a bond nothing ventured nothing gained, eh? I am Uthavel for those who do not know me" and she reaches for the offered glass, continuing to smile.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Jack Whisper
    Jack turns away from the driver and devotes some attention to the others in the carriage. With hardly a hesitation, he plunges into the conversation.
    "Aye, well, you'll have to excuse us mayflies if we rush into familiarity, friend elf." He spreads his gloved hands eloquently, "When fifty or sixty years is your lot, your only chance is to jump in with both feet and hope. We humans in particular are always in an awful rush."
    He leans forward, quirking an eyebrow. "On that note, I'm Jack. But Jack or Hans or Dunnykin or Nancy: it's all the same to me, so call me what you like."
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    "Nancy is such a fitting name for you." Euwig says as he sips from the white glass.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow
    Shadows of the Past - Arashi

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Zaavariel looks atJack, "The candle that burns brightest is often the first to be extinguished, who are we to judge. Call me Zaavariel, I am familiar with such traditions among elves of the Wood."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Jack Whisper
    Jack turns his head towards Euwig, his brown eyes a little less friendly.
    "Oho, I can see we have a Wit here. Nancy you can call me if it suits your fancy, But lest you take my good nature for weakness, I'll state that there's strength enough in these arms to shake the dust off the manners in an old man's brain, if I chose to take offence."
    The easy smile returns to his handsome face as he turns back to the other members of the party. "What a card! We're all going to be fast friends on this trip, I can tell." His gaze falls on the proffered cup, and he takes it with a shrug. Sniffing it, he remarks,
    "Smells like fine stuff." He raises it to his lips in a ritual fashion, then puts the cup down, the wine itself untouched.
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Chihanna sits next to Kiuran and helps her distribute the glasses of wine with a smile on her face. A soft chuckle escapes her lips at the banter over names.

    My name is Chihanna, and I do have to agree about candles. Though the one that burns brightest is also the one that attracts the most attention and addoration. And in this age who doesn't want to be addored and admired for even a little while?

    After all, there is nothing in this world more exhilarating than having the eyes of countless onlookers focused solely on you. Watching your every move and slightest gestures as if in rapture. Holding their breath when they see something enticing and exciting that they could not tear their eyes away to save their lives.


    She shivers a bit before running her hands over her bare arms.
    Brr...gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.
    Last edited by Azoth; 2012-10-27 at 04:35 PM.


  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Thanking Kiuran and Chihanna for the drink, Barimm slowly sipped the wine. He couldn't help but laugh as Chihanna breathtakingly described the wonders of the spotlight. She reminded him of Rhene; both of them just couldn't resist the spotlight no matter what. Thinking of Rhene, suddenly his heart pained once more. Sighing, he finished the glass and placed it back down.

    Looking at Jack, Barimm thought he resembled someone from his village. A rather kind person, but quick to anger and even quicker to fists. Even though most people didn't like him, Barimm actually thought such direct personlaities were refreshing and more honest than most.

    Clearing his throat, he smiled and looked at the others. He didn't want to be rude after all.

    "Hi, my name is Barimm Volmond. I think I'm the newest one here since I only arrived at the Academy a week ago. I think we all can get along quite well, even if only for the sake of this journey."

    Looking out the window of the carriage, he sighed. "I still can't believe how something could have taken the Lost Arcana like that. Who could have so much power?"

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    "Thank you all. I am Kiuran, Ashen Knight of Thysa's Flame," says Kiuran, bowing slightly. She takes small, slow sips of her drink as she listens to the others. She raises an eyebrow slightly as she listens to Chihanna, but says nothing and continues smiling politely as she listens.

    When Barimm mentions the Lost Arcana she perks up. "I'm not familiar with any cases where knowledge itself was stolen, but if we gather more information, perhaps some of my fellow Knights would be able to help us. The Knights of Thysa's flame have dealt with many mind affecting threats in the past. If we spoke to more people afflicted, I could send a report to the nearest chapter of the Knights."
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2012-10-28 at 02:47 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    You can hear a few snorts from the front of the carriage, then Euwing's voice talking in an unknown language which is hard to figure out over the horses.

    "I hope you guys are ready, it seems that our first day of travel will not go uneventful. We will encounter trouble in a few minutes, and not the diplomatic sort."
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow
    Shadows of the Past - Arashi

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Nancy Whisper
    Nancy's eyebrows lift as Euwig gives his warning.
    "Fancy that! Bandits on the road out to rob and murder; Ooh, that does take me back. Well now chums," The line of his mustache sets itself a bit more grimly,
    "Here's the first real test of the fellowship, eh? Anyone front-line, form up with me. If they've got a line we'll hit it. Now mark you hit the man I hit, because there's a word for anyone gone toe-to-toe with me, and that's 'victim.'
    If they're on horse and have no magic, we can keep backs to the carriage and give them rays and bolts and arrows. No bandit fights to the death if he thinks he can still get away."
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Zaavariel

    Zaavariels eyes focus when trouble is mentioned, "Hit them hard. Hit them fast. Make them regret their pitiful existence. I'll be in the front.". Zaavariel begins his battle preparations, still wearing naught but his traveling leathers.

    Zaavariel draws his great obsidion blade, crossing his arms he begins muttering in Draconic as he brings forth arcane protections, wrapping their protective energies around himself strengthening with each recitation.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Cast Mage Armor
    Cast Shield
    If we are more ham a few minutes away from expected,trouble, he will wait on his casting of shield until thy are closer.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    "I hope it's only bandits" Uthavel says before casting a few buffs and drawing her swords.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Cast Mage Armour
    Cast Alter Self: Troglodyte
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-10-28 at 05:04 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Barimm looked around, surprised how eager everyone seemed to be. Taking a deep breath, he tried to peer outside to see who or what was going to attack them. Looking at Uthavel, he nodded. "I agree. It seems too much like a coincidence that bandits are attacking us now, when we've barely left the Academy. We should be careful. They might not leave us alone so quickly. At the very least, they might be here just to slow us down and make sure we don't complete our task in time."

    Leaning forward, Barimm tried talking to Euwing. "Can you tell us what's the issue outside? Who are they? What do you they want? You can't avoid them?"

    Looking back at the others, he took a deep breath. "I....I'll try my best to help," he said simply.


    Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    Spells Prepared
    Spoiler
    Show

    0th Level Spells
    Create Water
    Create Water
    Detect Magic
    Detect Magic
    Cure MInor Wounds

    1st Level Spells
    Entangle
    Lessor Vigor
    Lessor Vigor
    Spider Hand
    Winged Watcher

    2nd Level Spells
    Gust of Wind
    Blinding Spittle
    Snake's Swiftness, Mass


    Preparation: Assign my +2 Bonus to Con, raising my HP to 37.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Chihanna sighs and looks to her nails for minute before smiling to the others. I do believe I will join the boys in the front. I hope I don't break a nail or ruin my clothes. They were epensive and I'd hate to have filth ruin them. So who wants to help me pick a dance partner? With that she lightly cracks her knuckles and awaits the carriage to slow down.

    Spoiler
    Show
    When the carriage slows and is about to halt she will cast detect magic to better enable her to pick targets.


  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Kiuran only removes her pack, then flexes her hands and stretches her legs. Once she's satisfied with how limber she is, she says "Understood, master Jack. I will support your fighting from the flank first, let me know if you need me on the front instead. The sooner we can get them to stop fighting though, the better."

    Kiuran looks around the roof of the carriage. She then turns to the driver and says "Master Euwig, is there a hatch or anything to the roof? I would like to get a better view."
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2012-10-29 at 12:26 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    The carriage sped on the road as it entered the woods. You hear strange words exchanged and then Euwig calls out, "these aren't bandits. It's a very bad omen for the beginning of a journey... Nobody outruns the hounds."

    You can now feel the ground shaking under the force of an unknown force. Euwig pulls a lever and the roof of the carriage splits in the middle as it both parts fly apart. Then the walls begin to fall down, partially folding under the carriage's floor. You notice on each side of the newly created platform is a glowing rune circle.

    As the carriage finishes transforming around you, two giant canine-like creatures crush through the trees. They at over twice the height of an average man, with coppery red fur, silvered fangs four feet long and completely black eyes. Around their legs are four more dog sized replica of the hounds. As they are running, they are quickly catching up to you, leaving scorch marks on the road with each step.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't want to keep this thread without a post for too long but didn't have time to start combat so... Yeah.

    You have a chance to take a single standard action before combat starts, but you will lose it if you don't take it before my post later this evening.

    You can, but don't have to roll your own initiative.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-10-30 at 08:43 AM.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow
    Shadows of the Past - Arashi

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well I've already cast my buffs and drawn my weapons...
    Initiative roll I suppose?
    (d20+4)[16]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Zaavariel takes the opportunity to reinforce his arcane protections.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Use this action to cast my shield.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Hans Whisper
    Hans doesn't see any reason to let them get the first attack. It being beasts, there wasn't any need to scrape or pose. Instead, He simply turns and speaks a few syllables like shouted oaths.
    From his fingers springs a bolt of green energy, pulsing in an unwholesome manner, speeding towards one of the larger hounds.
    [spoiler]
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage - (2d6)[6] (Magic)
    on hit, Fort DC 17 or be Sickened for 1 minute
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[17]
    [spoiler]
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Due to lack of access to better means, you win initiative for the first round. I'll roll for anybody who doesn't do it in the first round tomorrow.

    Opponents are 20ft away.

    James Whisper hits but the canine doesn't seem ill.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow
    Shadows of the Past - Arashi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •