Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 102
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Barimm's eyes widened when he saw the hounds suddenly emerge behind them. Standing up, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up on end. These were foul creatures and they were definitely sent to slow them down. Turning back to Euwig, Barimm tried to steady himself while the cart finished transforming.

    "What are these things!" he yelled as he shifted from feat to feat. Turning back to the hounds, he readied himself. This wasn't a scenario they could avoid anymore - he had to make sure that these creatures not chase them any more. Even if they managed to slip away, the hounds would no doubt harass them at night again.

    "Euwig, slow down," he said as he widened his stance. "I think I have an idea!"


    Spoiler
    Show

    Barimm uses his standard action to....ready jumping off the carriage the moment it is safe to do so, like when it slows down or stops completely.

    Initiative roll!

    (d20+4)[11]

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    With his great obsidian blade resting upon his left shoulder, Zaavariel raises his right hand and lets out a jet of flame at the first enemy....

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative(d20+8)[24]

    Casts Ray of Flame at lead enemy
    Ranged Touch(d20+8)[9] And sets the wagon on fire....
    Fire Damage(2d6)[4]

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Jack Whisper
    Jack rocks back in his seat, laughing heartily when Barimm leaps up and demands the slowing of the cart.
    "Haha! So noble! There's enough o' your kind in the graveyards for the earth to fair spit heroes, but you want to join 'em so bad as that!"
    Jack calls over his shoulder
    "You don't need me telling you Euwig, but never you spare the whip on them horses!"
    He slaps his knee as he draws his heavy blade.
    "Not an hour out, and here's you ready to tackle the hounds of hell on foot!"
    He almost casually conjures another sickly green bolt of energy and fires it off at the same hound.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Ranged Touch - (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage - (2d6)[10]
    Fort save DC 17 or be sickened for one minute
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Chihanna looks to the beasts and her comrades. Her brow furrowing for a moment. If only she'd have packed some kind of a real weapon. Instead she can not do much but prepare for the inevitable collision with these beasts.

    Initiative: (1d20+5)[20]


  5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Uthavel does nothing

    Spoiler
    Show


    I thought the platform was bigger.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-10-31 at 03:48 AM. Reason: I'm stupid

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Kiuran calmly sizes up her foe for a moment, before winding up her right arm. A pale blue throwing axe materializes in her hand, and in one swift motion she's thrown it at the same dog Jack and the others attacked.

    "I believe master Jack has a point, engaging on foot seems unsound!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack roll for throwing axe, second range increment. (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage roll if hit (1d6+4)[5]
    Initiative (1d20+5)[13]

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    greenpotato
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you throwing your sword? Because I thought it's pretty clear you are on the platform carriage and the dogs are on foot 20ft behind.


    I'll be making a normal post later the day but I'll say now. The carriage isn't going to stop, but you can jump down without any harm.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    "If you want to jump, then jump! But I will not be stopping this!" Euwig calls out. Instead, he pulls a lever, which causes a large net to appear and shoot at the dogs. It catches one of the smaller dogs and pins him to the ground, but it quickly burns it off and begins to run behind the others.

    Jack's and Kiuran's attacks hit at the large canine, but it doesn't seem to care about them. Zaavariel attempts to deliver a flaming ray into the dog's head, but the latter opens his mouth and seems to consume the fire, his fur gets an extra red shine and his fangs grow longer and redder.

    The large dogs quickly outrun the carriage and attempt to bite at the platform and it becomes obvious that they are not merely hungry. The three smaller dogs jump up from the heads of the pact leaders and into the platform, one of them getting a good enough leap to throw itself head first into Chihanna, while one attacks Barimm and the third attempts to nibble at Uthavel's heel.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs Chihanna:
    attack - (1d20+9)[28]
    (1d8+6)[12] + fire damage - (1d3)[3]

    If crit threat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+9)[23]
    (1d8+6)[14] + fire damage - (1d3)[1]


    Attack vs Barimm:
    attack - (1d20+7)[15]
    (1d8+6)[10] + fire damage - (1d3)[2]

    If crit threat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d8+6)[8] + fire damage - (1d3)[3]


    Attack vs Uthavel
    attack - (1d20+7)[20]
    (1d8+6)[11] + fire damage - (1d3)[1]

    If crit threat:
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+7)[20]
    (1d8+6)[11] + fire damage - (1d3)[1]


    The fourth hound is 60ft behind, the two large ones are within melee's reach of the platform.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge Check(likely planes) to identify(max 10)(d20+1)[21]Darn...too bad its untrained...

    Initiative order?

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Jack Whisper
    Jack sizes up his opponents, laughing as he finds himself waging battle against demonic hounds on the roof of a speeding carriage. His brown eyes flicker in concentration, and by his side a shadow materializes, spiraling up out of the ground. It looks for all the world like a panther made of smoke and motes of yellow light, but its transparency reveals its illusory nature.
    With an easy laugh of contempt, Jack swings his heavy blade onto the nearest small hound.
    Jack isn't a fool though; he keeps well back from the edge of the carriage and the slavering jaws of the big hounds.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack - (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage - (2d4+5)[12]
    if successful, the hound must make a modified level check (1d20+HD+Wis+resistance to fear) vs
    Intimidate - (1d20+17)[32] or be shaken for the rest of the encounter

    Jack's Shadow Companion applies a -2 penalty to AC and Saves to all adjacent enemies. Jack doesn't care about its well-being, so it positions itself to affect as many of his enemies as possible, but most importantly the one he's currently engaging.
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Initiative order?
    Post as you wish, I'll handle initiative in description (when it matters). It's your turn, then opposition.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2012-10-31 at 12:33 PM.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Kiuran holds her hands as if holding a sword in a low guard.

    "Thyssa guide my hand..." she whispers, suddenly lunging at the nearest large hound. As she brings her hands in an overhead arc, a huge pale blue greatsword materializes. Unable to hold back, the full arc goes back down into the side of the carriage, biting into the wood.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Expending Emerald Razor as my maneuver, using a greatsword. Additionally, power attacking at -4 attack, for a bonus of +8 to damage.
    Melee touch attack (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage (2d6+12)[18]

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Uthavel says a few words in an arcane tongue and then stabs the closest of the larger hounds, electricity crackling down the length of her blade.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Now I can attack right?

    Same thing I tried to do before, shocking grasp delivered via a short sword
    Attack roll: (d20+9)[16]
    Sword Damage:(d6)[3]
    Spell Damage: (4d6)[11]

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Barimm looked down as the small dogs jumped onto the platform. Easily evading their small bites, he turned back to Euwig. "No you don't understand!" he said as he danced around the animals underneath him. "If we truly cannot outrun these demonic pests, just leave me behind! The rest of you should try to escape! That's more important!" He said those words almost with worry in his eyes, although one would wonder exactly why he was fretting so. At the very least, he made the dogs look like uncoordinated puppies more than hounds from hell.

    Turning back to the little beast at hand, he swept his leg and punted the beast with all his might. "This might be their plan! Even if they only delay us, that could end up costing us a lot!" Realizing that convincing them was unlikely, he added another swift kick to the dog. "Well if we're not slowing down, might as well punt these pests back to where they belong..."

    Spoiler
    Show

    The dog's attack missed.

    Don't they provoke Attack of Opportunities?

    If so here are my attack of opportunities: use them if they are necessary, and use none if they aren't!

    AoO 1
    Spoiler
    Show

    (d20+12)[18]

    (2d6+11)[18]


    AoO 2
    Spoiler
    Show

    (d20+12)[26]

    (2d6+11)[19]


    AoO 3
    Spoiler
    Show

    (d20+12)[27]

    (2d6+11)[17]


    AoO 4
    Spoiler
    Show

    (d20+12)[25]

    (2d6+11)[18]


    Here is my Standard Action Flurry

    Attack 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+12)[16]

    (2d6+11)[20]


    Attack 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+12)[28]

    (2d6+11)[15]


    Five foot step to step closer to the big beasties.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Knowing that he could catch up to the carriage if he needs to, Zaavariel simply steps off and enters a Whirling Frenzy of death... dancing back and forth with his great blade, its momentum never abating...

    Spoiler
    Show

    5'step off attack nearest enemy

    Whirling Frenzy Round 1/5
    Power Attack(-2+4)(d20+10)[20]
    Damage(2d6+13)[21]

    Power Attack(-2+4)(d20+8)[21]
    Damage(2d6+13)[16]

    AC:24

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    The hound jumps up, managing to dodge Jack's blade. Kiuran's attack is aimed at the large flame-mouthed hound, but the swing is too wide and even running, the giant dog manages to time his duck correctly. Uthavel's stab manages to hit home, barely piercing the canine's hide, but the spell discharges and electricity runs through his body, causing the dog to jerk and lose pace, forcing it to catch up a bit. Barimm's first kick hit the head, leaving the dog dizzy and open to another attack which send the dog flying to the left side of the carriage, almost causing it to fall off the platform. Zaavariel's blade slashes through one of the lesser dogs, not letting it room to maneuver it's blood sprays across, it doesn't look like it still has a long life expectancy.

    The non-fire buffed giant hound rushes back to the carriage and is about to take a bite of the back wheel, but at the same time, the dog kicked by Barimm hits the left magical circle and it seems to activate it. Suddenly, the sides of the platform fold under it as a protective armor for the wheels. Uthavel and Kiuran feel as if a hand pulls them backwards, preventing their fall, but the dog that hit the rune doesn't share the same experience, as he falls down the ground and rolls behind the carriage, remaining on the road, unconscious. The protective platform shields the wheel from the giant dog as it hits it, causing it to splinter but doesn't manage to reak through.

    The flame mouthed dog growls at Kiuran and opens his jaw, letting a stream of fire out, covering the platform with magical flames. Luckily, the platform doesn't seem to catch on fire, but the flames are hot.

    (4d6)[17] Fire damage for everybody (but the hounds) Ref DC18 for half.

    The small dog attempts to fight back and jumps to take a bite out of Zaavariel, but leaves an opening as he attempts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zaavariel can take an AoO against the dog. If the dog will survive, I'll roll for attack as soon as Zman does.


    Chihanna seems to be unable to quickly react to all the action and the dog continues it attack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+7)[19]
    (1d8+6)[9]+[roll=fire]1d3[roll]

    If crit threat:
    attack - (1d20+7)[17]
    (1d8+6)[7]+[roll=fire]1d3[roll]


    Euwig calls out over the action, responding to Barimmm. "Don't underestimate their intelligence! They want to stop us, they won't just chase you down. They'll continue the attack and get to you later."
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Jack Whisper
    Spoiler
    Show

    Ref - (1d20+3)[15]
    If he fails the reflex, Jack will swear as his flesh blackens and sizzles, and pull and use his Wand of Cure Light Wounds on himself:
    (1d8+1)[5]
    If he Succeeds on the save, He'll wince, but attempt something different. Channeling his eldritch powers through his shining blade, he attacks the nearest hound with a hideously powerful blow laced with nauseating green energy while the Shadow Companion saps its luck.
    Attack - (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage - (2d4+5)[13] Magic Damage - (2d6)[3]
    Fort DC 17 or be sickened
    "Where is the Wisdom of one who only quotes the Wise?" ~Maboroshi


    Talgot's Mask by Tiffanie Lirle

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Zaavariel whips his blade at the beast....

    Spoiler
    Show


    AoO
    Attack(d20+10)[28]
    Damage(2d6+13)[21]

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Trying to edge the burst of flame...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ref(d20+5)[16]
    Resist Fire 5


  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    The blade severs the dog's head mid-leap and it's blood is splattered over Zaavariel as the body blows into a rain of ash with a sudden flash of fire.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I take it I didn't leave the carriage like I stated? Or I wouldn't have taken th flame attack? I guess I'm having a difficult time visualizing things at present.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Kiuran growls back at the flame mouthed hound, growing more feral for a moment as draws on her teachings of the Tiger Claw discipline. She jumps from her crouched position, bringing the heavy greatsword in a wide circle as she spins. She somehow doesn't fall over from this reckless attack, but it leaves her guard slightly open.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Using Rabid Wolf Strike, power attack again at -4, -4 to AC for this round.
    (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage roll (4d6+16)[35]
    Reflex roll (1d20+6)[13]

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Sliver's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I take it I didn't leave the carriage like I stated? Or I wouldn't have taken th flame attack? I guess I'm having a difficult time visualizing things at present.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You also said you are taking a 5ft step, which wouldn't be enough to get off the platform.


    @Rarkasha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entering melee with one of the larger dogs would leave you hanging on to the dog too, as the bridging part of the platform is now used as a shield for the wheels.
    Games & Characters
    D&D in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - DM
    Megadungeon - Scarecrow

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Barimm smiled as his kick had accidentally helped protect the carriage. But the defense seemed meager at best; it wouldn't take long for the large dog to tear through it. He hated how cramped the platform was feeling, especially with all these people on it. But at the very least they were keeping the small dogs off of him. He was about to tackle the large dog that was attacking the carriage when he suddenly felt a searing sensation behind him. Doing his best to duck and weave around the flames, he cursed his bad luck. He really needed some space to work.


    Reflex Save

    (d20+9)[25]

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Dodging the worst of the flames, Barimm turned his attention back to the great beast again. Realizing that the others were in no position to help, Barimm smiled and flexed his fingers. He wasn't a loner, but he wasn't used to being in the middle of such a large group. It seemed a little too constricting for him and it wasn't how he was used to doing things.

    "I understand Euwig. I guess I can try this instead," he said as he smiled. Tensing his legs, he jumped directly on top of the large hound beast. Raising his hands, he began pummeling it over and over again.



    With a move action Barimm jumps on top of the large dog!

    Jump Check

    (d20+22)[35]

    Balance Check

    (d20+23)[30]

    Tumble Check (if needed)

    (d20+21)[31]

    With a Standard Action, Barimm Flurry of Blows the large hound's head.

    Attack 1

    (d20+12)[17]

    Damage 1

    (2d6+11)[17]

    Attack 2

    (d20+12)[16]

    Damage 2

    (2d6+11)[16]

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Smiling as he landed on top of the large beast, he laughed at how easy it seemed. When he was younger, he had made much more daring and riskier jumps than this. But still, this was a large and deadly opponent and he knew better than to take them lightly. Still, it was a little jarring for him and his attacks were not the best he could make.

    Balancing for dear life, he tried to shout to the others. "Gang up on those other hounds! I'm going to stop this one from wrecking the carriage anymore!"

    Already the beast was beginning to slow down as a strange golden texture seemed to spread from Barimm's hands down towards the hound's head. His attacks were lethal and to the weak points in the hound's head. Barimm was not holding back - he needed the carriage to be safe and to not be delayed.

    EDIT:

    Barimm covers roughly 15-20 feet with his jump - that should be enough right?
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-11-05 at 03:12 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Louisianna USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Chihana regains her balance after the initial assaults. Burned and bleading a bit as she looks to the nearest hound. She spins herself sending two strong kicks for the beast's head before whippling her long out infront of her hoping to slice into the beast's neck.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save vs DC 18: (1d20+14)[33]
    Unarmed
    Attack (1d20+6)[17]
    Crit confirmation (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage (1d6+1)[5]
    Crit damage (2d6+2)[11]

    Unarmed
    Attack (1d20+6)[8]
    Crit confirmation (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage (1d6+1)[2]
    Crit damage (2d6+2)[11]

    Braid Blade
    Attack (1d20+3)[4]
    Crit confirmation (1d20+3)[13]
    Damage (1d3)[1]
    Crit damage (2d3)[3]


  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rarkasha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Sliver
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, thought I'd still be in range. Please disregard my last post, except for the reflex save of course.


    Kiuran lets go of the pale blue greatsword as a pair of throwing axes materialize in her hands. She turns to face the smaller hounds, sighting in the closest one. She flips the one in her right hand as she throws the one in her left hand, then throws the other. The greatsword clatters to the ground and begins to fade away, and within a few seconds it is gone.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Full action two weapon throwing with +2 throwing axes, going for target within 10ft range increment.
    (1d20+7)[17]
    (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage rolls
    (1d6+3)[9]
    (1d6+3)[6]

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Uthavel attempts to dodge the licking flames and retaliate with her blades.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Reflex save: (d20+5)[11]

    1st sword stab (d20+7)[21]
    1st sword damage (d6)[2]
    2nd sword stab (d20+7)[26]
    2nd sword damage(d6)[4]


  30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    greenpotato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Lost Arcana; Team B

    Spoiler
    Show
    confirm critical(d20+7)[14]
    critical damage (d6)[3]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •