New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Making a God

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Making a God

I am trying to make a god for my campaign. That in itself is not hard for me to do but what i would like help with is can someone help me make a Channel Divinity power for him. The character now is a Changeling Swordmage/Rogue who is Chaotic Evil, Sneaky, Magical and is currently trying to conquer an empire. Im thinking of doing something similar to the Changeling Trick as the channel divinity but im not sure. Any ideas?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Making a God

Killing Stroke - Cleric Feature
    You seize a killing opportunity in your foe's moment of weakness.
    Encounter ✦ Divine
    Free Action - Personal
    Channel Divinity: You can use only one channel divinity power per encounter
    Trigger: You make one or more attack rolls against a bloodied creature granting combat advantage to you.
    Target: The creature you're making the triggering attack rolls against.
    Effect: Make an additional attack roll against the target. If this attack roll hits, the triggering attack hits. If all attack rolls made against the target with the triggering attack hit, the triggering attack deals maximum damage.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Killing Stroke - Cleric Feature
    You seize a killing opportunity in your foe's moment of weakness.
    Encounter ✦ Divine
    Free Action - Personal
    Channel Divinity: You can use only one channel divinity power per encounter
    Trigger: You make one or more attack rolls against a bloodied creature granting combat advantage to you.
    Target: The creature you're making the triggering attack rolls against.
    Effect: Make an additional attack roll against the target. If this attack roll hits, the triggering attack hits. If all attack rolls made against the target with the triggering attack hit, the triggering attack deals maximum damage.
    The name fits!

But question time!

So if I have a ranger hybrid or whatever that gains channel divinity "Killing Strike". I then use twin strike to hit 2 different bloodied enemies granting combat advantage to me. If I hit both of them and then hit both with Killer Strike ... They both get a crit on them? Does this only work with divine powers?

Also since it is an attack roll... If you grab this somehow on Wizard/Sorcerer AoE ... holy crap

Perhaps make it a weapon keyword?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

It only works on one target, regardless of how many targets the triggering power has. It specifically says "Target: The creature you're making the triggering attack rolls against," not "All creatures."

In addition, the power doesn't make you get a critical hit if all rolls hit, it just makes you deal maximum damage. That will usually be significantly less.