New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Something doesn't make sense here.

Quote Originally Posted by Clistenes View Post
    I dunno...Azure's castle and its throne room had existed for long time before the gem gate was create, and we don't know the reach of the Snarl's tendrils...did they really build a castle around the rift without noticing it? Also, Soon's wife perceived there was something weird before being killed; did the many court mages and high priest visiting and/or working in the throne room really never noticed the rift? I would expect them all to have their magic sensing spells "on" while in the throne room (searching for spies, scrying sensors, imposters, charmed people...etc.).
    No, it hadn't. The castle and tower and throne room were all build after the riff had been sealed. I recommend you to read strip #411 again
    Last edited by Mike Havran; 2012-11-02 at 02:10 PM.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2323mike View Post
    No, it hadn't. The castle and tower and throne room were all build after the riff had been sealed. I recommend you to read strip #411 again
    True. I was confused by the fact that Soon was a paladin from Azure City who served its temporal ruler before learning about the rifts.

I guess the rifts/gates are immovable, then.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

The only problem is, that although Soon might not be able to find his way to the coordinates, he would definitely know the difference between a huge, flat plain of sand and Windy Canyon. So if he was there, he would know the plain where Girard's message was left wasn't the right spot, just by virtue of topography.

He might not be able to find Windy Canyon, but he'd have no reason to scrounge around out in that open plain.
    Spoiler
    Show

So the song runs on, with shift and change,
    Through the years that have no name,
    And the late notes soar to a higher range,
    But the theme is still the same.
    Man's battle-cry and the guns' reply
    Blend in with the old, old rhyme
    That was traced in the score of the strata marks
    While millenniums winked like campfire sparks
    Down the winds of unguessed time. -- 4th Stanza, The Bad Lands, Badger Clark

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Psion View Post
    The only problem is, that although Soon might not be able to find his way to the coordinates, he would definitely know the difference between a huge, flat plain of sand and Windy Canyon. So if he was there, he would know the plain where Girard's message was left wasn't the right spot, just by virtue of topography.

He might not be able to find Windy Canyon, but he'd have no reason to scrounge around out in that open plain.
    Epic. Illusionist. Also, by virtue of being an Epic Illusionist: Epic. Wizard. If Girard wanted to hide the entirety of Windy Canyon in the flat expanse where he told Soon the Gate was, he almost certainly would have the magic to make it appear so and Soon would have good reason to believe such illusions to be in place.

If you are looking for something hidden by an epic level illusionist and your only clue is the coordinates you were given by a person you trust, you assume the coordinates are right and your eyes are wrong, because a full-power illusionist has more than enough magic to trick your eyes.

Of course, Soon should also have seriously considered that a Chaotic individual that does not like him is not a person to trust, but sometimes Lawful Good people make stupid assumptions concerning the honesty of others.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.
    The docks of a small fishing village. One of the character's nearly drown trying to catch a fish barehanded.
    Quote Originally Posted by navar100 View Post
    What the DM says goes. If he says enough stupid stuff, the players go too.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

True. I was confused by the fact that Soon was a paladin from Azure City who served its temporal ruler before learning about the rifts.

There's a depiction of the rift pre-gate as well on comic #267 high in the sky.
    Round 4: Eat Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Well at least your houserule skill check fumbles have houseruled fumble confirmations.
    The COre COliseum is a tactics-based arena for both 3.5e and 4e D&D. We run fights each week - so join today!
    Quickstart Guide
    Character Sheet

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

They definitely are. Hinjo says so in panel 8: (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0411.html)
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.