New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default character creation help

Hello everyone i have been playing D&D for a while but i am still not great a creating a character. i am good at backstorys and such

I am looking for help in creating two characters with weapons and abilities and everything

The first character i am looking to create is a viking { i am thinking starting out with a fighter or barbarian}
    i would like him to have light to medium armor . i am picturing him either weilding a sheild and an axe or maybe two axes or something like that but i cant figure what else to do to make him like a viking and what talents, skills and attacks to give him

the second character well i am a fan of world of warcraft. i would love to create the lich king
    now for him i just dont know anything

I would like him to be as close to the lich king as possible
    the lich king has and can
    -he has a two handed sword
    -he can raise the dead and use frost magic , undead magic and death like magic
    -he was a paladin but then he became evil and undead..
    -he has heavy armor

any help i can get i would love..
    my Dungeon master says i can create attacks or abilities for the lich king and such. normaly we would add attacks as we lvl but he says i can get all the attacks now so i can remember them and then we would add them once i lvl

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: character creation help

Can you let us know what books are allowed?
    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” ― Steven Brust
    "In God we trust. All others we investigate." - United States Army Military Police Corps
    My thanks to Komodo for the excellent Avatar.
    Check out BSR's Improved Sorcerer project.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

For the Lich King, the ideal best way to do that is with some kind of Sorcadin build. I haven't played the game, but it sound like Paladin of Tyranny 2/ Sorcerer 4/ Spellsword 1 /Abjurant Champion 5/ Sacred Exorcist 8. That lets you get a full iterative attacks, and 9th level spellcasting. Make yourself a Necropolitan for the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    I thought we were arguing whether Magic Missile could crank out Riemann sums...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

My suggestion for the viking would be a Bjǫrnkarl. (meaning bearwarrior)
    human lion totem barbarian3/fighter2/warblade2/bear warrior10/warshaper3

At early levels you will play pretty average, but as you progress you become infinitely stronger, and the bear stuff fits pretty well flavor wise for a viking. Be sure to grab Leap Attack and Shock Trooper. If you want an axe over sword, that's fine, but make sure you two-hand it for the Power Attack bonuses. Also, if you decide to head into Epic levels I suggest War Hulk after 20.
    Last edited by roguemetal; 2012-10-27 at 11:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur View Post
    For the Lich King, the ideal best way to do that is with some kind of Sorcadin build. I haven't played the game, but it sound like Paladin of Tyranny 2/ Sorcerer 4/ Spellsword 1 /Abjurant Champion 5/ Sacred Exorcist 8. That lets you get a full iterative attacks, and 9th level spellcasting. Make yourself a Necropolitan for the race.
    S'not optimal, but Fallen Paladin would be better than Paladin of Tyranny for flavour appropriateness in LK's case.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Don't discount the Neanderthal from Frostburn for a Viking...a few stat bonuses, easily flavored as a "Northern Frigid-waste Human" and as I recall they even get a +1 atk bonus with....either hand axes or throwing axes...smaller axes anyway.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BowStreetRunner View Post
    Can you let us know what books are allowed?
    to answer your question we play 3.5 as we dont like the newer version. i am allowed to use all books..
    the rulebook i have bunch of rule books. i have all the core rulebooks and all rule books but the dungeon masters one i also have the patherfinder core rulebook witch i am told i can use also
    Last edited by Ginwolf; 2012-10-28 at 02:20 AM.