New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Somewhere in Hueco Mundo]

Two bangs, like gunshots, come from behind Mikael, making his ears ring. He doesn't know who is being shot at, but it doesn't make him any more willing to stay!

That's when he comes to the distressing realization that he's not the only one who can fly at these parts. Several abominations that look like they've been ripped from pages of a mythology book, some with wings and some without, and coming after him. His resolve falters and his altitude starts dropping. It's hard to retain that dreamy, light feeling when you have a crowd of ravenous beasts on your heels.

So he drops to the ground, doing his best to roll and get back to his feet quickly as he hits ground. Some of the monsters dive after him, and even can be seen running along the ground towards him. At first, they seem to be catching up, with Mikael's running being awkward and unbalanced, his whole body aching from the fall. But then, the mortal starts accelerating, starting to gain ground on at least his earthbound pursuers.

Each stride hurts like hell, with every leap straining his muscles more than should be humanly possible. Soon, he doesn't even dare to glance over his shoulder to see how far his pursuers are, in fear of tripping and falling down. For the first time in years, he's feeling legitimately pushed to his limits, but still feels he's being too slow. Mounds of sand flash by and the landscape becomes but a white blur as he runs straight ahead, not knowing where but still assured it would be better than here!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society (Combat Corps, near Sparring Rings)

Kiba takes the paper, but doesn't take a single glance at it. It wouldn't do him any good anyway. "Orientation for new recruits was this morning. Where were you?" It's difficult to tell if his harsh tone is of irritation at Nicole or if this is just how he normally is.

Hueco Mundo

The hollows fail to keep up with Mikael's speed. Victor Vicente, while somewhat annoyed, is actually almost relieved. This one would make an excellent hollow, perhaps his right-hand general depending on the circumstances. But before that could happen, he had to be caught and executed, and Victor Vicente was not about to let him go free. <"If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself."> One step forward, and to normal vision he would seem to vanish, his Sonido seeming instantaneous in speed as he took quick strides to catch up to the target. His hollow army would be of no use here.

Mortal World (The School)

As Higure climbs the stairs, the webs grow thicker, necessitating more precision in his cuts, lest he be ensnared by stray wires.

Tamaki would immediately find that the majority of the stairwell seems to have been trapped with an intricate web of trapped wires. If he rushes too quickly, he may even be ensnared.

Sazaki Miko is among the students who stay in the classroom. She can vaguely sense the presence thanks to the other inside her. Ever since her encounter with the creature, the world had become a lot more frightening. Reapers, ghosts, the masked monsters, all of them were truly dangerous. And all she could do was sit in the corner, shivering slightly, and hope that she didn't draw any of their attentions. "It's okay, Mi-chan! I'll protect you!" The voice is only inside her head, but Miko finds it at least somewhat reassuring, the voice her only true friend in the world.

Kenzan climbs up to the roof as several students poke their head out of windows to watch him, as he makes no effort to remain stealthy. Unfortunately, the roof is bare, the strange feeling emanating from just below. He finds the roof access door is locked, but it only takes a little effort for him to break it with one quick jerk. He rushes into the top of the stairwell and instantly finds himself caught in a thick series of wires. "The hell?" Not only is he caught, but he's suddenly winded, as if his normally boundless energy is being drained right from him. Instinctively, he struggles around, trying to break free. Normally, an action like this would have only entangled a victim more, but somehow the wires holding Kenzan snap, as if something had instantly severed them. Confused, but grateful, Kenzan is forced to take his time cutting through the webs to reach the top floor, though it seems that they snap apart at his touch.

On the top floor hallway of the school, a large spider-like hollow is almost finished filling the hallway with a vast network of web and wires. The hollow walks on four bladed limbs, and despite its size it has no trouble moving through the webs it has created, flexibly adjusting its body and limbs to move. Its original plan was to fill the hallways with its web before the bell to the next class could ring, releasing dozens of students into its trap, but now it seemed that there would be resistance before then.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2012-11-02 at 10:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World

Tamaki's eyes narrow as he says, "Webbing, this one must be of arachnid origins. Cutting these things is too precarious and I'm no master swordsman, an adept at best. One wrong cut and I'm caught. No the best thing to do is find the holes in the defenses and slip though those. No matter what it is everything has imperfections."

With that Tamaki finds the holes in the webbing he can slip through. Places the Hollow would have overlooked or just plan couldn't spin it's webbing the right way. After all, it couldn't have had much room to navigate the stairway's. Tamaki makes sure to keep his scarf as close to his body as possible and holds the ends of it to make sure that it doesn't flare out.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael is going fast, but insurmountably so. Few of the flying creatures, somewhat resembling harpies and dragons of myth, prepare to swoop down and capture him in their claws. But then, they hear a steady humming sound coming from behind, and instead fly away. Their master has joined the hunt, and they dare not to interfere.

Mikael keeps speeding across the desert, leaving a trail of billowing dust behind. It takes him a while, but he notices the sound of the monster stampede are growing ever fainter. For a moment, a triumphant feeling lifts his spirits, and he slows down somewhat. He'd made it!

Next moment, his heart sinks like lead to his stomach. From the corner of his eye, he can see something white, and instinctively turns to look. The man in white is running beside him. Losing his focus, Mikael stumbles and trips on his feet. He crashes down, bouncing off the ground and then rolling for a good twenty meters before coming to a stop. Quite unsure which direction is up and which is down, he tries to stand up anew.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World] The School; Stairwell

Higure slows down, making more precise cuts to avoid being ensnared. As he nears the top floor, he moves quietly, hoping to reach the top undetected.

What is this?

It's a hollow. A corrupted soul. A monster.

So kill it then?

That's the idea, yeah.

[Hueco Mundo] The Streets

Azmus turns abruptly and faces the blue-eyed recruit. He stares into him as he speaks, although still addressing the crowd as a whole.

And if any of you have so much as a disloyal thought in my presence, I will kill you where you stand. Do I make myself clear?
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-11-02 at 11:41 AM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World; (The School)

Higure reaches the top floor where he can stare down the spider-creature releasing web into the hallways.

As he does so, Kenzan has just sliced his way down to the same floor, only steps behind him. Even though he came here to find this thing in the hallway, he sees someone else has gotten here first. Which was curious, because in his precious few previous encounters with the strange white-masked creatures, he seemed to be the only one aware of their presence. Although he has questions to ask, he hears someone else further down the stairwell having trouble getting up. Knowing firsthand how getting entangled in these webs could actually hurt, a snap decision has him cut through the webs further down, for now leaving the teacher to deal with the creature.

Progress is slow for Tamaki as the webs grow thicker as he ascends, but eventually someone makes his way down, somehow cutting through the webs with no cutting implement on him.

They might have recognized each other. They were technically in the same homeroom, though Kenzan rarely showed up to class. "Are you all right?" Kenzan asks Tamaki, wiping off the remaining webbing off his person, somehow shredding the webbing into dust in the process.

Somewhere in Hueco Mundo

No longer addressing his masses, Victor Vicente no longer sees the need for speeches, especially with the apparent language barrier. Instead he stops a few yards from his target as Mikael stands up. In one hand is Victor Vicente's melee weapon of choice, a blood-encrusted machete. His other hand pointed toward Mikael and prepared to fire another Cero, the strange dark energy, or lack thereof, forming at his fingertip.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World

Tamaki nods to Kenzan as he says in his refined tone of voice, "Hai Kenzan-san, thank you for the assistance. Those webs were starting to become a nuisance. I assume you have some sort of supernatural power given how your slicing these webs apart?" This is said as they re ascend the stairs to assist in the destruction of the malicious spirit they could sense.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Soul Society: Combat Corps

The Artillery Squad leader, Hanare, slowly drags himself out into the open from under a tree. He looks dishevelled and untidy as if he had just woken up from a night's rest. His uniform hangs over to one side much like his hair.

Hanare strolls up to his vice captain and this person he never saw before. Not like he remembers most people. He only ever does what he has to.. "Kiba, who is this? Doesn't look like a fighter to me. I'm not training this one."

Hueco Mundo: Las Noches

Lyco struts across the halls and streets of Las Noches. Her smile is more of an uncaring frown. The bouncing of her zanpakuto against her sleek legs and the hard floor as it dragged along announces her presence well."This place is so boring. There is no one to fight. None to maim and watch scream in pain. How can you feel important doing nothing for so long?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mortal World] Sawada- High School

Glancing about the hallway, Sawada went to work on the fire alarm as his arm opened up to display an array of devices and tools. Mortal world technology was rather simple compared to what he'd worked on in his days as the Head Researcher. A few turns of dials and a few added pieces and he had a small remote. With that finished he made his way back into class with a soft hum before taking his seat as if nothing was happening at all. However, he continued to monitor the Reiatsu in the area, on edge and ready to act should the situation require it.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mortal World]

The song playing over his headphones halted and skipped, as a cool female voice washed over his ears instead.

"Hollow detected. The location is at The School rooftop."

A sigh dropped from his lips, and the cigarette fell to the ground. It had been nice while it lasted, he mused as he placed his hands in his pockets.

"Damn... that was a good one too."

Rain poured down on him as he stepped out from underneath the awning, his uniform slowly drenching itself under the weight of the water.

But that didn't really matter - he'd ruin it soon enough anyways.

Wings the color of blackened ash, made of demonic bones burst from his back, ripping through the shirt with ease as he stood there, hands still thrust into his pockets. He lifted his head, one red eye staring at a blank gray sky.

There are four hundred skyscrapers in the business district of Ikari, The City. And there is only one building that towers over all of them.

Sora cracked his neck, and took a step off the building, feeling the wind rush by him, water splashing onto his clothes, even as his blackened wings of ashen bone beat down, and he rose.

His destination was not far. It would barely take him a minute to reach The School - it was merely Further Up and Farther In. So he flew there, and said nothing as he stared downwards.

Teacher. Students. A relationship he didn't care to understand. He did not touch the ground, his wings lightly beating the air, their tips as sharp as razors as he glanced at the scene below him.

And then he moved.

Shiki Sora was not human, that much was obvious as the pointed tips of his wings stabbed towards the arachnid Hollow, before he dived, landing gently on the ground as he stepped back lightly.

His hands never removed themselves from his pockets.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

11. - Top - End - #41

Soul Society [Combat Corps, near Sparring Rings]

Suou takes in a deep breath before responding. Some people's voices are just irritating, she thinks to herself. At least it's just the vice-captain. Suou tries to imagine how it would be if she found the captain irritating. That would make her life very difficult. Not quite a nightmare, but almost. Nobody bothered to tell her that the vice-captain was the acting captain. And now there's someone else with an attitude grating on her nerves. She uses all her willpower to stop herself from glaring at Hanare.

She tells herself not to worry about it. Breathe out. Making enemies with high-ranking officers on the first day would make her life a whole lot more than difficult. It's just because you didn't sleep. After a good rest, you'll find everyone as pleasant as lilies.

"I suppose I was in Rukongai district number 11, around that time." Speaking of which, Suou notices that the bad shape of her clothing and feet probably doesn't help her credibility. Nicole vows to herself that the first thing she'll do after getting permission to leave is take a nice long bath and change her clothes.

Hueco Mundo [Streets of Las Noches]

"Yes, sir," murmurs the blue-eyed hollow, looking down at Azmus's feet. He really doesn't want to die. So he won't run. Simple enough!

However...

Down the line, one of the less loyal but stronger Arrancars decides to run for it, taking Azmus up on his challenge. He's down the row, thirty paces to the right. "Screw this. I fight for myself. I decide what I do." His long legs actually help him run more quickly, as he sprints away from the two Espadas. His speed is higher-than-average. Fast enough to outrun 83% of Hueco Mundo.

Valentina just watches, to see what Azmus'll do.

Mortal World - School [Physics Classroom]

Miya decides that now would be a good time to ask her fellow students a very important question, now that the Sensei is out of the classroom. A matter of life-or-death. Probably the most important thing that'll happen to her this whole day. Or to anybody, for that matter.

"So...did any of you watch yesterday's episode of UFC? The power went out at my house, and I didn't get to see who won. Was it Hiryu no Ken or was it Aloys Garros?" Surely someone in this classroom saw the end of the fight.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Seireitei] Combat Corps Training Grounds

Dosan, finally in focus, looks Nicole up and down.

You walked all the way here from there? No wonder you're such a mess.

He's... rather blunt.

Azmus turns to watch the arrancar sprinting away, chuckling.

Fool. Not nearly fast enough.

In the blink of an eye, Azmus draws his zanpakuto from his coat and throws it at where the sprinting arrancar is going to be.

[Mortal World] The School; Top Floor

Higure thinks for a moment, then begins cutting a swath towards the creature, moving slowly, attempting to remove as much of the webbing as he can as he goes. He tenses himself, ready for whatever the creature does.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-11-26 at 04:03 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mortal World] Sawada- High School

More signatures. The situation above was starting to heat up. Direct observation would be needed. He would need to get some eyes in the sky. Pulling out a small tablet from his bags he quickly set to work contacting the Shrine Complex far below the City, several small camera drones ordered for a sweep of the area, all visuals sent directly to the Recon Division and to the S.S.I of course.

He'd have to wait for any tangible information for now however, it was best just to blend in and not draw to much suspecion. He glanced at the young lady who just spoke, doing his best to look interested though with his typical dour expression that was quite the feat. "What is UFC?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Seireitei: Combat Corps

Hanare put a hand on Dosan's shoulder for support. He didn't feel like carrying his own weight. "Give her a break, Dosan. Cleanliness is not an attribute most of the Squads share." Whether or not it was to cover for his and his Artillery squad's untidiness was unknown. It was probably true.

"Well, what do we do? Send her to the obstacle course or should be spar with one of us."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-11-03 at 10:06 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

15. - Top - End - #45

Mortal World - The School

Arianna nears The School, her wings keeping a steady speed as she approaches. When she is only a couple hundred feet away, she slows down enough so she can stand in the air and observe the building for a moment.

Then her Reiphone goes off.

With a sigh, she pulls it out and answers it.

Junrin...Yes, I'm at the location now...I don't see anything yet...I can only sense one at the moment...I'll send more info when I can.

She hangs up, puts the phone on silent mode, and puts it away. Can't have it going off when she's trying to sneak up on the Hollow.

It's at this moment that she sees another winged figure land in the roof. It doesn't appear to be a shinigami. And it definitely isn't the Hollow in question. For now, Arianna will stay where she is, watching the figure with the black wings. Could be an accomplice.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]

In the white city the hustle and bustle of hollows as they come and go is almost deceptively mundane. Arrancar walk the streets in groups, chatting and expressing themselves as friendships form. White robes and jackets billowing in the light breeze rolling in from the desert, shapes of bone and fragments of monstrous meins giving hint to what they used to be. They group together with those they knew before conversion when grouped for safety, and a few group together for newly explored social bonds.
    In the training halls rivalries and hatreds are born beneath the humiliating defeats of their masters and fellow soldiers. Newly gained swords clash awkwardly and violently, some biting flesh others sparking from iron hard skin as their wielders get used to their new weapons. From stone seating watch figures beneath all encompassing white skulls, the elite of the city guard watching for new potential and for disobedience.
    In the arena men and women howl with bestial joy as a pair of monstrous hollows rip and tear into each other for their amusement. An eight legged stooped form screams in agony as a brutish creature with a mighty human torso tapering into serpentine coils rips and wrenches one of the legs from its sockets. As black ichor sprays and stains the pristine white of the walls shouts and cheers threaten to drown out the sounds of pain.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We cut to a library, its immense shelves hardly filled; tome laden bookcases outnumbered three to one by bare wood. The arrancar walking its halls are as scant as its contents, few former hollows find themselves drawn to such academic work. Those who try are of course prized, it is said, by the King of hollows and the library is ever filling with new writings and pilfered goods from the mortal world. We follow one such figure; a mess of bright red hair streaks down and pools around a thin face accentuated by a pair or forward thrusting horns. Horns sleek shiny and a polished white to match his pristine uniform, he strides with confident steps through the shelves clearly with some purpose. Pausing only once to grab a small leather bound tome he makes his way to the centre of the library.

At its centre is a model some 15ft wide and impossibly intricate in detail, it is the white city of Las Noches perfectly recreated. Indeed it is more perfect than the reality, several elegant buildings evidenced are scaffolding dreams or empty space in the real city. This then is a design, a model of the King’s dream of the city yet to become. Surrounding the model are a series of perfectly spaced benches, their cold white stone topped with extravagant red velvet. The figure takes a seat and begins reading.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society (Sparring Ring)

Probably a poor choice of wording on his part. Kiba didn't want to know exactly where the supposed new recruit was earlier so much as why she wasn't with the rest of the new recruits. Another shinigami would have clarified their question, but to Kiba, the answer really wasn't that important. All that mattered was that he had one more whelp to turn into a warrior. "You missed orientation. Now I have to take extra time to catch you up. Do NOT let it happen again." He tosses the paper to the wind. "Follow," he commands, motioning towards the sparring ring.

Before he forgets, however, he turns to address his two seated officers, not really caring how crass their comments are. "This won't take long. I need you two to go get Naijeru and whichever other seated officers are available. We need to figure some things out."

As Sora approaches the school, he finds the hollow isn't on the roof of the school. Understandable miscalculation given the presence of the reiatsu, it has to be on the top floor of the school.

The hollow turns to face Higure, as if to speak, but all that comes out is a shrill shriek. Standing about midway through the hallway, the hollow spews a large array of razor wire webs from its mouth, attempting to catch the charging Higure in its net.

"Supernatural power?" The concept might have been more unusual to Kenzan a month ago, but given recent events he decides that it wouldn't be too weird a thing to ask, but as far as he knows he doesn't have any such powers. "No. I must've missed that day in class." Without the webs blocking the stairwell, the ascent is quick and the two make it up to the top floor where Higure is battling the spider hollow.

(Physics Classroom)

The voice heard only in Sazaki Miko's head is curious. "What's a UFC?" Miko replies, unknowingly speaking out loud, albeit softly, "It's where a bunch of violent people beat each other up, for no other reason than other people like to watch."

18. - Top - End - #48

Mortal World - School

The wings retracted backwards, and Sora grunted as they worked their way inside of his skin. He looked down, a frown covering his face.

There was no Hollow there. Figment of his imagination, and it never existed.

It was one floor below. He'd imagined the abomination in his distaste for them - how ironic.

One of his hands flicked out of his pocket, and reached into a pocket of air, and grasped at something that didn't exist. It drew it out, slowly but surely, until a broadsword rested in his and, flickers of silver fire floating off of it as he walked slowly towards the entrance to the top floor.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #49

Suou Nicole nods in response to the Vice Captain. She doesn't respond aloud, because she's mentally preparing herself for the battle. Just hold yourself together for a few more hours, Nicole.

So what if she's tired? This is her chance to prove herself. This is her chance to be worthy to fight hollows.

The girl lets the papers fly to the wind. Good riddance. They've served their purpose. She follows Kiba's motion to the sparring ring, zoning out her hunger, zoning out her exhaustion, zoning out her annoyance, zoning out everything. In this world, there's just Nicole, her family-crested katana, and her opponent, all dancing to the beat of her own heart. Everything riding on her thirst for revenge.

Suou holds out her sword, ready to fight.

[Las Noches] Streets

The sprinting Arrancar doesn't quite make it as far as he had planned. Underestimating others doesn't help anyone's cause.

The second Espada's sword severs the fleeing Arrancar in the back of the throat. "Y-you..." he starts to threaten, before falling forward speechless and quite dead. Looks like he wasn't as strong as he thought he was.

"Good aim," comments Valentina, nodding approvingly.

A pleasant side-effect has happened: All the scared Arrancares in the line shape up and seem more loyal. Loyal out of fear, but that's still loyalty. Now, they no longer doubt Azmus when he said that he didn't like deserters.
    Even the wimpy blue-eyed one seems more loyal.

[Mortal World] School - Physics Classroom

"...noone?" She sighs and slumps in her chair, sitting forward.

Miya hears the soft sentence Sazaki. She assumes that it was in response to Sawada's question. But it was awfully soft, and it didn't put the UFC in good light.

Tsukamoto Miya turns her head towards Sawada, who's sitting right next to her, and adds more information in a praising way. "Ultimate Fighting Championship," she says in English, 'though with a poor accent. "It's only where all the best fighters of the world get together and see who's stronger." The tone of her voice makes it sound like it's the best sport of all times.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mortal World] Sawada

"I see. I am afraid it is not for me." Sawada shrugs though offers a fairly friendly smile. "I do not even own a TV. There would be no way for me to see it." A shinigami presence had appeared, it was time to intercept. "If you will excuse me? I must...run to the rest room. If the teacher returns will you convey this to him?" He stands with a bow, making his way out of the classroom. He moves quickly outside the school before shunpoing off, re-appearing next to Arianna. "You're the one the Recon Division sent?" he asks, looking over the female Shinigami. "I'm from the S.S.I. There seems to be a Hollow Presence at a high concentration of mortal children. The situation is delicate. There are already mortals addressing the situaition however. How would you like to proceed."
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2012-11-03 at 11:43 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, Sir.

Dosan says with a salute, then turns to Hanare.

Any idea where that giant has gotten off to?

Azmus walks away from the line of arrancar, towards Valentina.

Thanks. It's my specialty.

Azmus says, smiling, as he holds out his hand. After a second, the dagger appears, and he replaces it inside his coat.

[Mortal World] The School; Top Floor

Higure's eyes widen as the creature spews webbing at him.

Oh my.

In one movement Higure skids to a halt and lays down on his back, letting the webbing pass over him, the bottom portion brushing the tip of his nose as it passes.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2012-11-26 at 04:05 PM.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Seireitei: Combat Corps

Hanare didn't salute. He instead carved a stick figure in the dirt with Kissaki's stealth. "Yes, Sir."

The scribbling continued for a while. It quickly formed shapes of a half dozen archers. "Can't we get someone else to find him? I can send Whip, Boomerang, or Pistol Kid, while we drink."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Somewhere in Hueco Mundo

No longer addressing his masses, Victor Vicente no longer sees the need for speeches, especially with the apparent language barrier. Instead he stops a few yards from his target as Mikael stands up. In one hand is Victor Vicente's melee weapon of choice, a blood-encrusted machete. His other hand pointed toward Mikael and prepared to fire another Cero, the strange dark energy, or lack thereof, forming at his fingertip.
    Once more, the howling sound assaults Mikael's senses. Now, he can see the source - a black dot of... nothing, floating before the man's finger. He has no idea what it is, or how the man in white is causing its existence, but it feels like violence done to the very fabric of the world. Wrenching his eyes away from the abominable sphere, Mikael glances into the cold eyes of the man, then at his knife, then at the sphere again.

Apparently, this devil wants to fight. Myriad questions are floating in Mikael's brain, but even if could recall the words, he doubts talking would achieve anything at this point. Mikael takes a slow step back, assuming a guard position. It would be a lie to say he is wholly unafraid of the knife, but the knife is something he knows and understands. He must've trained defense against knives for eight or nine years already, after all.

The sphere is something he doesn't understand. He doesn't know what it is or what it will do. His instincts are screaming for him to get far away from it as fast as possible, but he isn't sure if he can! The dreadful realization is slowly sinking in, making his legs and arms feel like lead. For year's now, Mikael had wondered if there were more people like him. Apparently, there is. And he wants to kill him.

24. - Top - End - #54

When Sawada arrived, Arianna was still watching the figure on the roof, her curiosity growing. Without taking her golden eyes off of him, she answers the SSI member.

Vice-Captain Arianna Junrin. I was checking on a local team when I felt it.
    I would move on to observe, get a better idea of what kind of Hollow we're facing here. Obviously, step in to protect the kids.
    Finally she turns her head to face him. You agree?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Soul Society (Sparring Ring)

Probably a poor choice of wording on his part. Kiba didn't want to know exactly where the supposed new recruit was earlier so much as why she wasn't with the rest of the new recruits. Another shinigami would have clarified their question, but to Kiba, the answer really wasn't that important. All that mattered was that he had one more whelp to turn into a warrior. "You missed orientation. Now I have to take extra time to catch you up. Do NOT let it happen again." He tosses the paper to the wind. "Follow," he commands, motioning towards the sparring ring.

Before he forgets, however, he turns to address his two seated officers, not really caring how crass their comments are. "This won't take long. I need you two to go get Naijeru and whichever other seated officers are available. We need to figure some things out."

As Sora approaches the school, he finds the hollow isn't on the roof of the school. Understandable miscalculation given the presence of the reiatsu, it has to be on the top floor of the school.

The hollow turns to face Higure, as if to speak, but all that comes out is a shrill shriek. Standing about midway through the hallway, the hollow spews a large array of razor wire webs from its mouth, attempting to catch the charging Higure in its net.

"Supernatural power?" The concept might have been more unusual to Kenzan a month ago, but given recent events he decides that it wouldn't be too weird a thing to ask, but as far as he knows he doesn't have any such powers. "No. I must've missed that day in class." Without the webs blocking the stairwell, the ascent is quick and the two make it up to the top floor where <b class='translationId'>Higure</b> is battling the spider hollow.

(Physics Classroom)

The voice heard only in Sazaki Miko's head is curious. "What's a UFC?" Miko replies, unknowingly speaking out loud, albeit softly, "It's where a bunch of violent people beat each other up, for no other reason than other people like to watch."
    Tamaki wastes no time. He tightens his scarf and with a brilliant flash of light his body is covered in polygons. When they disappear Tamaki's form has shifted...into that of the Red Joker (Picture on character profile). "Sensei, duck!" Tamaki then proceeded to summon the Plasma Vulcans. The double gattling guns shift from the inside of his armor and cover his hands. The then proceeds to fire spiritually powered plasma-like rounds from the Vulcans at the hollow.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    When Sawada arrived, Arianna was still watching the figure on the roof, her curiosity growing. Without taking her golden eyes off of him, she answers the SSI member.

Vice-Captain Arianna Junrin. I was checking on a local team when I felt it.
    I would move on to observe, get a better idea of what kind of Hollow we're facing here. Obviously, step in to protect the kids.
    Finally she turns her head to face him. You agree?
    "No. I do not." Sawada replies flately. "We make certain the non-combatants are safe. We shall observe the combatants. If they fail I will move in to finish the fight. I am not worried about the odds. We must study these mortals, such talents are rare yes? If we were to disrupt the experiment. These mortals may be useful for the coming war." He fixed the Vice Captain with his stoic gaze. "We shall need all the help we can get. If they die, they will be taken to Soul Society and with their spiritual powers in life there is a high chance they will have spiritual power beyond the norm. Which means they will be Shinigami. Either way, we lose nothing. If they survive, they will be stronger for it and perhaps we can convince them to aid us...after further investigation."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World; (The School)

Tamaki's spray of bullets pierces through the webbing, and pierce the hollow's flesh as the creature screeches in pain. The force of the projectiles might have been lessened by the spray of web, but the spider hollow still must throw up two of its bladed limbs as a shield to try and deflect the bullets. The remainder of the web that wasn't pierced by guns is headed straight for Tamaki.

If Kenzan was a logical person, he probably would've stayed out of the crossfire. Two others were already fighting this... thing. But something in his gut telled him to charge in, and there was rarely a moment when he wouldn't listen to that instinct. Ducking forward below the stream of bullets,, Kenzan charged into the classroom. Despite the fact he was almost crawling, he still moved fast, letting the webbing impact him and shred apart at his touch, even as he passed Higure. Still wasn't sure why that worked. He couldn't shield Tamaki from the entirety of the web, but he could make it a little easier to dodge, hopefully.

As he neared the creature, it raised a third limb and slammed it down right on Kenzan's back before he can react. By all means, that giant blade should have chopped him in half right there. Instead, it doesn't even scratch his clothing, sparking like metal on metal. The force of the blow presses him against the floor until it knocks Kenzan through, throwing him down to the next level.

And this is the scene that awaits Sora as he descends into the school, along with traces of the strange webbing along the stairwell.

Somewhere in Hueco Mundo

<"Rejoice, for in death you shall achieve your true potential."> Victor Vicente fires off the Cero. The black sphere erupting into a blast of dark energy or lack thereof, seeming to consume and annhilate all it touched. And this time Mikael was in its blast radius.

Victor Vicente half-expects his prey to somehow run or dodge, but would not be surprised if his Cero hits and finishes the deed.

Soul Society; (Sparring Rings)

Kiba leads Nicole to one of the sparring rings and cracks his knuckles. Nicole would probably question why he didn't bring out his Zanpakuto, and if she did she would probably notice that the sword has no hilt and is stuck in its sheathe. "Rules are simple. Use whatever you've got, but above all, follow your instincts." Kiba cracks his knuckles and waits, letting Nicole arm and ready herself, possibly getting the first attack, before he officially gets serious.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

The dark veil engulfs Mikael and his surroundings, the explosion kicking up a great cloud of dust. Once it abates, where the mortal once stood is a large crater. There's no trace of him... not untill something impacting a nearby dune creates a second, smaller dust cloud.

Grains of sand raining on him, Mikael crawls into a sitting position, grimacing. The remnants of his jacket slide down his back - the front of his clothing has been completely torn apart. Skin all over his torso is bright red, and his hands tremble as he lifts them before his face. To say he's in pain would be a... gross understatement, and not wholly accurate. Being struck by the blast had pushed him beyond pain, to a state he remembers being only once before, in the fateful car crash that made him aware of his unusual predicatement.

A human being should've been knocked unconscious by pain, but it seems Mikael has no such luxury. Carefully, he squeezes his fingers into fists and opens them again to check they are working right. Then he leans forward, crouching on all fours. Despite the piercing agony, he seems to retain control over his body. Or does he? It could be it's just moving on its own, with his conscious mind attaching intent and purpose to it as mere afterthought.

But what should he do now? He'd survived, but he's certain now he can't escape. His head sways from side to side as his unfocused eyes wander in attempt to find the man in white. A cold shiver goes up and down his spine. What else is that devilish figure capable of? Just like once before, Mikael's view of the world has been placed on an anvil and shattered to pieces. All bets are off as to what will come next. But he figures it's useless to think about it - because he only has one real option.

To fight.

29. - Top - End - #59

Mortal World

Arianna met Sawada's gaze with her own. She saw the logic of his plan. But she didn't agree with it. She didn't agree with using the mortal kids like this. As test subjects. She saw that part of her role as a Shinigami was to keep as many mortal people from dying as she could.

However, she recognized the man before her. She knew who he was and what he could do. And she knew that going against him on something like this would probably be a bad choice.

After a moment, she gives him a short nod. Fine. Let's see if we can flank it from either side. Without waiting for a response, Arianna opens her wings and glides down to the roof.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Mortal World] School - Physics Classroom

"...noone?" She sighs and slumps in her chair, sitting forward.

Miya hears the soft sentence Sazaki. She assumes that it was in response to Sawada's question. But it was awfully soft, and it didn't put the UFC in good light.

Tsukamoto Miya turns her head towards Sawada, who's sitting right next to her, and adds more information in a praising way. "Ultimate Fighting Championship," she says in English, 'though with a poor accent. "It's only where all the best fighters of the world get together and see who's stronger." The tone of her voice makes it sound like it's the best sport of all times.
    Mortal World
    Physics Classroom

Upon Higure's exit of the room, Naito had taken out a small book from his bag and begun reading. At the conclusion of Miya and Sawada's conversation, he slides a bookmark back in between the pages and drops the book back into his backpack. He looks over at Miya.

"I did actually see the match last night. Hiryu managed to win, but it was a really close match. It could have gone either way."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.