New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

Mortal World
    (Classroom)

Kenzan scowls. He had thought that the teacher would know more about this sort of thing. Guess he was wrong. "Well there has to be someone, somewhere who knows about this sort of thing. Someone else who can actually see these things and has done a bit more homework." Another idea pops into Kenzan's head. "Why don't you try talking to your sword or whatever? Shouldn't it know more?"

Soul Society
    (Combat Division Unseated Quarters)

It doesn't take long for Kiba to find Nicole. Cleaning herself up won't hide her scent from Kiba's nose. "New girl!" he growls, as usual. "The SSI is looking for you. You aren't required to go or anything, nor are you forbidden from going to see them. But if some lab coat comes around harassing you, you just let me or one of the officers know and we'll take care of it. That all clear?"

(Outside Combat Division Grounds)

"Yes, sir! I just need your signature on some of these!" Now that Yumiko actually has the papers in a somewhat presentable order, she attempts to hand over the necessary papers. "Er, sorry about that sir." she meekly apologizes about the whole hiding in the bushes thing. "Everyone there just really creeps me out. Especially that wolf-guy who's in charge." For some reason it doesn't occur to her that she's probably slipped into a tone unbefitting when speaking to a Captain.

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

The birds reform into a solid mass that slowly becomes Karasu again, though a significant chunk of his "feathers" are missing from his wings. The crow arrancar now has a new opponent. He nosedives towards Azmus, scythe primed to strike.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World] Walking into Town

A bus rolls into the town at its designated bus stop 5 minutes behind schedule. For many of its occupants this had become a minor inconvenience as they hurried to exit the vehicle. The lateness of the bus arrival did not bother Hayato Ichimyouri as exited the bus with casual demeanor, slinging a backpack over his shoulder as he stepped. "Thanks for riding the Komagura Express" the bus driver said in a monotone voice before he close the sliding door and drove off to his next stop.

Hayato pulled out his wallet from his pocket as he walked towards the town, counting the amount of cash he had available.
    Hmmm...98,350 Yen he said to himself quietly as strolled along. Should be more than enough money for me while I'm here. Besides this isn't a vacation.
    He says this last sentence shifting his eyes around his surroundings. He then checks his own reiatsu to make sure its not spiking at all.
    Looks clear for now. He smirks before walking into town.

((Anyone in town with a strong reiatsu might be able to sense a slither of Hayato's reiatsu, but would not likely be able to track or pinpoint it.))
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2013-03-19 at 03:40 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

Mikael notes that the stranger's hand is abnormally hard and cold, or maybe the hard shell around his hands is interfering with his sense of touch. After a good, firm handshake, he lets his arms drop on his sides and shrugs. "I haven't got the faintest of ideas", he replies to the man, looking into his eyes all the while. Mikael nods at the elephantine monster cowering next to them. "I only just had a chance to try and find out. Earlier today, I was just catching some fresh air in the middle of Lapland. I hope that says something to you. Then I was attacked from behind, and next thing I know, I was here...", the mortal looks around and spreads his arms, "... where ever "here" happens to be."
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

Jehoel blinks, as much of an indication of surprise as he ever gave. The fact that this man could be so powerful and still so ignorant at the same time was unheard of. Ramirez had been a fool and a madman, but most measures of strength would have placed him quite highly. Even a Shinigami captain would have had difficulty. This Mikael had blundered his way through the fight; Jehoel had been able to tell that much from the readings his pesquisa had given him. To be able to defeat a Vasto Lorde with no knowledge of either his powers or the spirit world...Jehoel's lips quirk up almost imperceptibly.

That was interesting.

"I'll begin with the basics, then. When a human dies, most souls simply pass on. Others linger, trapped by their rage. Of those, most are released by the gods of death. There are those, however, who slip through the cracks. They become Hollows; monsters who feel only hatred and rage. Pathetic beings without control, who feast upon human souls."

Jehoel lifts an arm to the side, indicating that Mikael should look out over the barren landscape.

"This is Hueco Mundo; the World of Hollows. A desert of eternal night. Very few humans have seen what you have. Fewer still have lived."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael takes a deep breath. "So, you're telling me I'm stuck in a twisted sort of limbo filled with hungry ghosts. Good. That much I can understand. It's not even the least sensible thing that has happened to me." Jehoel might notice the mortal is trembling slightly. "But before you continue, there's one thing you need to make clear to me: am I, or am I not, still alive? In the ordinary, biological sense of the word. Because these Hollows", Mikael gives the Elephant Man a slight kick, "are certainly quite lively, despite being, as you said, dead."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #215

Spoiler
    Show
    Mikael takes a deep breath. "So, you're telling me I'm stuck in a twisted sort of limbo filled with hungry ghosts. Good. That much I can understand. It's not even the least sensible thing that has happened to me." Jehoel might notice the mortal is trembling slightly. "But before you continue, there's one thing you need to make clear to me: am I, or am I not, still alive? In the ordinary, biological sense of the word. Because these Hollows", Mikael gives the Elephant Man a slight kick, "are certainly quite lively, despite being, as you said, dead."
    [Hueco Mundo]
    The Wilderness

Jehoel nods.

"You were taken whole from the Mortal World. Hollows can take anyone they desire with them as they move between the worlds. You live, even though you stand here."

There is a pause.

"Were I you, however, I would ask something else. Are you still human? Because there are few among your people who would recognize you as such in your current state."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael shrugs. "I haven't really considered myself one for quite some years now. It didn't seem like a relevant question. But it does make wonder what on earth are you. You and the man I fought seem... different from these Hollows. At first I thought me, him and you are the same class of beings, but the implication seems to be that I'm alive, where as you are not." Mikael lets out a nervous chuckle. "Hardly surprising considering you have a hole going through your body, now that I think of it."

"But yeah. What exactly are you? Are you someone like me, just... dead? And how do we relate to these Hollow creatures? Could... could I..., Mikael lifts his right hand and points at the location where the White Devil died, "Could I change shape like that man I fought? I think it's safe to assume you, at least, have similar ability."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World: Around some part of the town

Hayato casual walks along the streets of this town, looking around in a subtle manner for entities of reiatsu nearby. It would quite detrimental if he ran into a Shinigami after he just entered the town.

At the same time though, the thought went through his mind about how time has passed. There could have been a small chance that the Shinigami could have stopped looking for him. Hayato knew he couldn't honestly know though until he ran into one.

Hayato lets out a sigh as he finishes his thought, taking a seat at a table outside of a cafe.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Fuyu takes a seat as asked after closing the door. He remains silent as the Captain speaks, nodding a bit though otherwise remains impassive until questioned. "If Death-sama is unwilling or unable to fufil her duties she must be relieved of duty but who will take her place? It was difficult enough to fill the position in the first place. How do you suggest we go about opening these "new" Divisions? The Captains should be gathered and spoken to."

Soul Society

Sawada chuckles, glancing back at the Pack's training grounds, moving a hand through his hair with a sigh before taking the papers to sign without really bothering to look. "Everything has a use Yumiko, whether they think they're dancing to your beat or not. Run along now, we've much to do."

9. - Top - End - #219

Spoiler
    Show
    Mikael shrugs. "I haven't really considered myself one for quite some years now. It didn't seem like a relevant question. But it does make wonder what on earth are you. You and the man I fought seem... different from these Hollows. At first I thought me, him and you are the same class of beings, but the implication seems to be that I'm alive, where as you are not." Mikael lets out a nervous chuckle. "Hardly surprising considering you have a hole going through your body, now that I think of it."

"But yeah. What exactly are you? Are you someone like me, just... dead? And how do we relate to these Hollow creatures? Could... could I..., Mikael lifts his right hand and points at the location where the White Devil died, "Could I change shape like that man I fought? I think it's safe to assume you, at least, have similar ability."
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

His sight is remarkably clear.

Jehoel points at his hole.

"There are two stigmata that each Hollow bears. The first is a hole created when the soul's heart is gouged out."

Jehoel then points at the head of the prostrated Hollow beside them.

"The second is a mask; the remnants of the heart and the source of a Hollow's powers."

Jehoel looks out over the wastes.

"All Hollows will eventually find their way here. For a time, they will strike out into the Mortal World to devour human souls, trying to fill the emptiness in their hearts. Eventually, however, if they are not killed the emptiness they feel will grow too great, and they will begin to feed upon their fellow Hollows. These cannibals congregate, and it is from these orgies of consumption that a Menos is born."

He turns his attention back to Mikael.

"There are three types of Menos. A newly born Menos is a Gillian, a titan little more than an animal. Eventually, if it lives, a single Hollow within the conglomerate will crush the minds of the others, assuming control and altering the Gillian's body to fit its new mind, becoming an Adjuchas. Finally, an Adjuchas that consumes enough other Hollows without being humbled becomes one of the kings of Hueco Mundo: a Vasto Lorde."

Jehoel touches a hand to his face.

"At any point in this process, a Hollow may change his destiny. Those such as myself. We tear off our masks and ascend from our forced state of bestiality, becoming an Arrancar. There are two ways to perform this. Now, the Visionary has learned a more peaceful process that eases the mask off."

The grasping hand forms a fist momentarily.

"I tore the mask from my face with my bare hands. It is a process few survive."

He moves his hand to the collar of bone around his neck.

"The mask leaves fragments, but when the removal is complete the Menos rises above the hunger of a Hollow, and gains tremendous power. This also suppresses the bulk of their strength, sealing it within a weapon known as a Zanpakuto, named for the weapons of the Death Gods. At the Arrancar's discretion, he may unleash his full power. Hence the brutish transformation your opponent underwent."

Jehoel walks past Mikael, his attention focused on the distance. Mikael may notice a small, curved knife sheathed at the back of Jehoel's belt.

"I do not know what your powers are. Humans such as yourself do appear from time to time; I do not know what causes your powers, but most take completely different forms. Perhaps it comes from your heart; it is where Hollows draw their unique powers from. Regardless, such a transformation may be within your limits."

Jehoel lifts his hand palm upward in front of himself, and a glowing sphere of dark blue light begins to gather there, similar to that of Ramirez's own blasts of energy. Jehoel turns to look over his shoulder at Mikael, apparently without hostile intent.

"I suspect you have only begun to discover the limits of your powers."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael follows Jehoel's movements intently. The explanation is quite interesting. A whole new world has been revealed to him, with its own peculiar quicks and natural laws. Undoubtedly, many nuances of the story are yet lost to him, and will become apparent only later once he's witnessed the phenomena being talked about with his own, two eyes.

The mortal lifts his hand up and absent-mindedly taps his forehead as he ponders what to ask next. There's a lot of possible questions, but he reckons many will answer themselves once he has time to process all this new information.

As Jehoel conjures up another screaming ball of energy, Mikael takes a step back and two away from the elephantine creature. He can't really tell from the stoic "arrancar's" mannerisms what he is going to do next, but from his limited experience figures that these strange globes should be regarded with the same respect as loaded firearms.

"So, that means there are others like me", Mikael concludes. The thought is... reassuring? For years, he thought he was alone. Maybe, with help from this undead creature, he could find more of his kind? It is causing all sorts of repressed feelings and abandoned dreams to surge forth. The tapping of his fingers quickens as he tries to distract himself from his emotions and focus asking the right questions.

"Hmmm. I am grateful you've bothered to spend this much time explaining all of this to me. These "gods of death", they wouldn't happen to wear black clothes? Wait, never mind. There really isn't any other possibility. You don't need to answer that." Tap, tap, tap. The mortal's fingers stop. Momentary silence.

"... there's one thing that doesn't add up. Why have I never seen creatures like you before? Even if only a tiny percentage of, uh, souls survive to the top of this food chain, there should still be... hundreds, if not thousands, of your kind. And a lot more of the lesser kinds of these Hollow creatures. In four years, I have seen several of what I presume to be those "death gods", but I've not witnessed a single Hollow being. You imply you can travel between this world and, uh, ours with little effort, so why haven't you done so?"

11. - Top - End - #221

Spoiler
    Show
    Mikael follows Jehoel's movements intently. The explanation is quite interesting. A whole new world has been revealed to him, with its own peculiar quirks and natural laws. Undoubtedly, many nuances of the story are yet lost to him, and will become apparent only later once he's witnessed the phenomena being talked about with his own, two eyes.

The mortal lifts his hand up and absent-mindedly taps his forehead as he ponders what to ask next. There's a lot of possible questions, but he reckons many will answer themselves once he has time to process all this new information.

As Jehoel conjures up another screaming ball of energy, Mikael takes a step back and two away from the elephantine creature. He can't really tell from the stoic "arrancar's" mannerisms what he is going to do next, but from his limited experience figures that these strange globes should be regarded with the same respect as loaded firearms.

"So, that means there are others like me", Mikael concludes. The thought is... reassuring? For years, he thought he was alone. Maybe, with help from this undead creature, he could find more of his kind? It is causing all sorts of repressed feelings and abandoned dreams to surge forth. The tapping of his fingers quickens as he tries to distract himself from his emotions and focus asking the right questions.

"Hmmm. I am grateful you've bothered to spend this much time explaining all of this to me. These "gods of death", they wouldn't happen to wear black clothes? Wait, never mind. There really isn't any other possibility. You don't need to answer that." Tap, tap, tap. The mortal's fingers stop. Momentary silence.

"... there's one thing that doesn't add up. Why have I never seen creatures like you before? Even if only a tiny percentage of, uh, souls survive to the top of this food chain, there should still be... hundreds, if not thousands, of your kind. And a lot more of the lesser kinds of these Hollow creatures. In four years, I have seen several of what I presume to be those "death gods", but I've not witnessed a single Hollow being. You imply you can travel between this world and, uh, ours with little effort, so why haven't you done so?"
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

"Similar, perhaps, but not identical. Even mortals who wield the same powers have different nuances. Each individual is distinct. Unique."

Jehoel does not look at Mikael as he asks about the presence of Arrancar and Hollows in the Mortal World.

"A moment."

Jehoel once again vanishes with the same noise heard earlier. This time, he reappears high in the air, extending his hand in front of him. The sphere visually grows more and more powerful for several seconds, before lancing out off into the distance. Even from Mikael's position, he can hear a tremendously loud explosion, followed by a cloud of dust rising high into the air from the impact point. Several seconds after the explosion, a fierce windstorm of sand hurtles over Mikael and the Elephant Hollow, although the former is protected by his shell. Finished with his task, Jehoel drops back down to earth, landing in a crouch before rising once again. Nonchalantly, he turns to Mikael.

"I apologize, but there were some more motivated survivors of Ramirez's army. They would have caused more trouble for Las Noches."

Jehoel brushes some dust off of his shoulder.

"I do not know why you have never seen an ordinary Hollow; perhaps the Death Gods in your area were abnormally active. As for Menos...as I said, ordinary humans cannot feed one. It would take a tremendous source of spiritual energy to draw them from Hueco Mundo. Without that, they simply remain here, devouring other Hollows of similar level."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    At a certain part of town

Sazaki Miko has wandered into a bad part of town. She can tell because one of the idiot bullies has her cornered in an alleyway. Or so he thinks. "Wa's a cute lil' girl like yu doin' here, nee-chan?" Does he think he's being cute? Intimidating? By all accounts Miko should be scared. She's just a small little girl and this man could do all sorts of things to her.

"Is it time yet? Is it time yet?" the little voice only she can see inside her squeak, only audible to her. Miko shakes her head.

"Wa's dat? Joo makin' no sense. No sense at all." The thug flips out a small blade. "I guess das okay, do. Joo hand over all yo cash an' joo c'n walk away. Don' worry, I ain' one o'dose pervs who does creepy t'ings to lil' girls."

"Is it time yet? Is it time yet?"

Miko shakes her head again. The thug is getting fed up. "Now don't joo be sassing me, girl. I will cut joo if joo don't do what I say!" The thug lifts the girl by her collar and shoves her against the alley wall.

"Is it time yet?"

Miko smiles. "Feeding time."

"Wa-" The thug is suddenly cut off as he's lifted by a set of powerful jaws erupting from the "innocent" girl's stomach.

Anyone nearby may hear the scream of a grown man quickly cut short and silenced. Most would ignore such a thing. Anyone who could sense the presence of hollows would notice the sudden emergence of a minor hollow in the vicinity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Say a certain rouge shinigami outside a cafe, for example.

Soul Society

"Y-yes, sir!" Yumiko puts the papers in order and starts to run off. It must seem like such a slow and inefficient method of movement to anyone capable of Shunpo. Especially when she trips and falls flat on her face. The papers in her hand remain intact as she hangs them above her, protecting the papers above herself.

Poor girl. She'll probably be fine though.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-03-20 at 06:20 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World] That certain cafe in that certain part of town

Just as Hayato is about to direct his attention to ordering a cup of much needed tea he picks up the wave of hollow reiatsu from only a few blocks away.
    A hollow...and I haven't even been here an hour yet.
    Hayato smirks as he murmurs this last comment to himself, getting up from the table and casually walking towards the source of the reiatsu.
    Lets go have a look then...

It would not take him more than say 5 minutes tops to reach the relative location of the Hollow reiatsu. Not wanting to give himself away completely he chooses to remain in his gigai.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Society Training grounds

Naijeru grins widely at Dosan as he responds. "A spar huh? Sounds good to me! It's been a while since I managed to get some real exercise and if it's against you Dosan then I can be sure to get a real workout!

Naijeru heads over to where they would have enough room for their spar. The few members of Brute Squad Naijeru presides over sweat a little and try to move their spars as far away as possible. They knew what a spar looked like when Naijeru was the one fighting.

Mortal World Classroom

Tamaki taps his chin in thought as Kenzan's suggestion. "If that sword really was your grandfather's and has a soul it just might have been around long enough that knows what these things are!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World] On the Hunt

Hayato is nearing the alleyway Sazaki would be residing in at this time. Every steps he takes he makes a wide sweep of the area looking for the Hollow's main essence.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2013-03-21 at 09:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li's expression darkens. "We lost two Captains lately. Discounting Sparrow-san herself, how many of us are left, Suzaku-san?" Li sighs. "I have not heard of the Reconnassaince Captain for weeks now. He was not present in the Captain's meeting. Even his Vice-Captain is off Presumably, he is off to conduct some high-security mission. Of our replacements, I have already conversed with Yasunobu-san. Kiba-san, I'm afraid, is not truly ready to lead his own division. After the death of the Kenpachi, he's been like a dog without a master."

"Internal Security, I expressly do not trust at this point. That is why I asked you, Isamaru-san, to come instead", Li glances at Myojin. "I will explain why in a moment. But you two are essentially here to help me formulate my presentation so I can give it to Sparrow-san - when I ask her to step down from her position."

"Suzaku-san and Isamaru-san, you are one of the few remaining officers who still have in good memory how things used to be. True, you might not be as powerful as what has traditionally been demanded from a Captain, but if we are to refound our old Division structure, I will personally vouch for your promotions - based on your experience, if nothing else."

"During the next weeks, I plan to go and talk with as many of the old officers who are still around, and ask them to return to fore once more. The bulk of our new forces must, by necessity, come from fresh recruits, but I hope I can find enough experienced leaders to at least advice them before they climb up the ranks."

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

"Fair enough."

The shockwave doesn't feel like much through his insensitive shell, but Mikael has to turn his face away from the explosion to avoid sand getting into his eyes - he can't close them. "Are you sure that is enough to take them down?", he asks as he straightens up. While the blast is immense, he just survived several that were almost as bad. Then, it hits him, and he glances at the elephantine hollow. "They must be much weaker than they look." They are born of humans, maybe he overestimated them?

Wait, what is he saying? These are hungry ghosts of the dead, capable of crossing boundaries between Earth and the afterlife, and he's thinking them as "weaker"? Compared to who? What? Feeling faint, Mikael slumps and sits down on the ground, grasping his head with his hands. "... I think that's it for questions for now. I think I need to rest and clear my head before I can absorb any more information. Where is the realm you spoke of? Can you take me there?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The Alleyway)

As Hayato nears the hollow presence it suddenly vanishes as soon as it had appeared. He turns the corner to find a young teenage girl turning to leave in his direction. She hasn't seen him yet, mostly because she's the type to always look at the ground instead of where she's going. If his sense are keen, Hayato might notice the splotch of blood just behind the girl, or the small scraps of clothing, or the knife that lay on the ground.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Mortal World
    (The Alleyway)

As Hayato nears the hollow presence it suddenly vanishes as soon as it had appeared. He turns the corner to find a young teenage girl turning to leave in his direction. She hasn't seen him yet, mostly because she's the type to always look at the ground instead of where she's going. If his sense are keen, Hayato might notice the splotch of blood just behind the girl, or the small scraps of clothing, or the knife that lay on the ground.
    Hayato rounds the corner of the street about the same time that Miko is walking away from the scene. He immediately makes note the Hollow reiatsu has disappeared, as he navigates his way around this young girl that appears to him to almost be sulking.
    Odd...I could have sworn the reiatsu started here. Furthermore how did it disappear so qui-
    His thought process is interrupted as he starts examining the scene around him. Looking just ahead he sees an already drying splatter of blood on the ground surrounded by tattered clothing. He begins to connect the dots on a "possibility" as he quickly turns to find the young girl that just walked pass him turn the corner he had turned seconds before. The thought is baffling, but perhaps not unlikely.
    That girl...Could she-Is she?

Hayato weighs his options and decides to go for a more distanced approach. He heads out the alleyway walking in the opposite direction he notes the girl went. That's when he steps into action separating himself from his Gigai that keeps strolling along while he bursts into another alleyway.
    Lets do a bit of scouting. Feed on the Weak, Suu~ōmuhaibu

His zanpaktou instantly morphs into its Shikai form, and from the pores of Hayato's shikai comes 3 bees, less than an inch in wingspan. Hayato whispers to the insects as they hover over his palm.
    Find that girl and track her. I want to know what she is.
    The bees give no audible response but bees hover off in search of the girl. It'll take one of them a few minutes but it manages to home in on Miko and start to hover near patches of flowers and plants within the vicinity. Its unlikely anyone individual could tell if a bee a was following them, with intent, however if she can sense reiatsu, she may notice its giving off a small reiatsu essence. The source being too minuet though to seem like a threat though. The other two bees will eventually join it as it follows Miko.

Hayato reenters his Gigai his zanpaktou returning to its sealed state (Can't summon anymore bugs, active ones die after 5-10 minutes) and wanders off back to that cafe from earlier, waiting for the bees to do their job.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2013-03-21 at 02:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The Alleyway)

((OOC: Only the darker magenta text is actually audible))

"Mi-chan! Mi-chan! I think someone's following us!"

"Huh?" Miko turns around and looks in the direction of the bees. She can't see the insects, but if she could she probably wouldn't notice anything strange about them anyway. "I don't see anything."

"But there's something there. I just know it! Maybe they're indivisable!"

"Invisible?" Miko softly corrects the voice inside her.

"Yeah, that's it! We can't see them, but they're definitely there!"

Miko's expression suddenly turns frightened. The thought of an invisible attacker is frightening indeed. She turns to run, hopefully escaping her own paranoia.

If otherwise unimpeded, she'll probably keep running for the shelf-life of those bees.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World] ~ Being a Bee is suffering

The three little bees have all gathered in adjacent locations to each other, surrounding Miko in the rough shape of a triangle. By the time they had completed this formation they had sensed their hive disappear. They were running on borrowed time. They had a simple task though that they would give their lives to complete.

As soon as the girl runs as if alerted by their presence the bees switch to attack mode, and give chase. The bees are swift, but Miko's initial headstart is enough to keep from gaining significantly. Two of them fall behind as their life-force slowly drains to nothing. The last one makes life-or-death dash and its pays off just enough to catch up and grip to the girls clothing. It then begins looking for bare skin to sting her with.

Miko will have likely not notice the bee land, but her hollow spirit will have, and she'll definitely notice if and when it makes it way to bare skin.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2013-03-21 at 03:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Sorry, it took me so long to reply.

[Soul Society]
    Combat Division Unseated Quarters

Nicole immediately sits up when she hears Kiba. She turns her head towards him, and listens.

Nicole nods. "Yes, Kiba-sensei," she replies. She thinks for only a moment: It sounds like something bureaucratic. If she puts it off 'til tomorrow, they'll probably interrupt training, or practice, or something. She knows how bureaucracy works. They always wait for the most inopportune moment to bother you if you ignore them for too long. "Tell me where I can find them, so I can get this over with."

[Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs

They're pretty much nearly at Miya's house already. Just one more street, to the left. She looks anxiously in that direction, as if trying to decide what to do then.

"Yes, it is very nice to have relatives there. The only problem is that I don't see them as often as I would like." Having lived with them for the past while, she often feels very lonely when at home. The house is too big for only two people...there should be at least twenty, she feels. Always people running around, and never an empty room.

Miya then follows Yui's glance. "You're right, there was something that made me wake up late. Must've been the atmosphere, or something," she immediately says. Given a moment to revise her answer, she adds, "Then again, at school, there was a really odd feeling in the morning. Maybe it was the bad air, but it felt a little different than just pollution." Gave her a headache, too, but she had forgotten about that until Yui brought it up.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society
    (Combat Division Grounds)

"If you don't want to go you don't have to. They do some strange things over there." Regardless, Kiba isn't about to force Nicole from going if she wants. "Look for the building that reeks of weakness and cowards." The strangest thing about that comment is that Kiba seems to be absolutely serious when he says that. Of course, it's the prevailing attitude among many of the Pack members, even the ones that do use Kido. "If you need an escort over there, just ask any of the officers." It's notable that Kiba didn't necessarily specify any of the other officers.

Mortal World
    (The Alleyway)

"Quickly, Mi-chan! It's gaining!"

Miko continues running for her life with the paranoia creeping on her mind. It'd be so much easier if she at least knew what was chasing her, but alas, she remains unaware as the bee chases her. She's in a typical school uniform complete with skirt, so it should be too difficult for the bee to find a spot either on Miko's arms or legs.

23. - Top - End - #233

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

"Fair enough."

The shockwave doesn't feel like much through his insensitive shell, but Mikael has to turn his face away from the explosion to avoid sand getting into his eyes - he can't close them. "Are you sure that is enough to take them down?", he asks as he straightens up. While the blast is immense, he just survived several that were almost as bad. Then, it hits him, and he glances at the elephantine hollow. "They must be much weaker than they look." They are born of humans, maybe he overestimated them?

Wait, what is he saying? These are hungry ghosts of the dead, capable of crossing boundaries between Earth and the afterlife, and he's thinking them as "weaker"? Compared to who? What? Feeling faint, Mikael slumps and sits down on the ground, grasping his head with his hands. "... I think that's it for questions for now. I think I need to rest and clear my head before I can absorb any more information. Where is the realm you spoke of? Can you take me there?"
    Hueco Mundo
    Wilderness

Jehoel raises an eyebrow at Mikael's comment on strength, but lets him finish before responding.

"There would be no place for you in Las Noches. If I take you there, it could mean the end of your life. There is another place I could take you, however, one that would be safe. The choice is yours."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World
    (The Alleyway)

"Quickly, Mi-chan! It's gaining!"

Miko continues running for her life with the paranoia creeping on her mind. It'd be so much easier if she at least knew what was chasing her, but alas, she remains unaware as the bee chases her. She's in a typical school uniform complete with skirt, so it should be too difficult for the bee to find a spot either on Miko's arms or legs.
    The Bee gradually makes its way to the neck collar of her school uniform. Using what little vitality it has left, it makes onto her lower neck. The sensation of tiny feather-like feet tap along her skin. The bee then swiftly stings the neck, the sensation of a needle pricking the skin. It is in this moment that Hayato's minuet Reiatsu diffuses into her body. The bee then crumples over and dies lying next to her neck. (Assuming you don't slap it before then)

~ Meanwhile, at Tea Cafe
    Hayato stops momentarily after sipping his green tea. A small smirk curls across his face as he senses the transfer of reiatsu into Miko's body.
    Found you.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Soul Society] Training Grounds
    Dosan smiles and enters the ring as well. He draws his zanpakuto and readies it, facing Naijeru.

You want to start?

Monastery of the Ho-ou
    Myojin nods throughout, just listening. At the glance, he smiles understandingly.

I understand why you would expect us, and I can't really blame you. That being said, I am not privy to that kind of information any more. As for promotions... I've been offered a captain's position many times in my years, and turned it down. However, in the current situation as it is, I believe I would have to accept. As for power, once my arm is healed, I will once again be able to fight at at least Vice Captain level once more.

[Mortal World] Higure's Classroom
    Higure looks at his two students, nodding slowly.

Maybe you're right. I guess... I'll ask then. Uhm... Give me a minute.

Higure crosses his legs in his chair, and, as he was instructed earlier by Untaidake, unsheathes the short sword and holds it in both palms in front of him, then closes his eyes.

In his head:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Untaidake? You there?
    Higure opens his eyes in what appears to be a clearing in a jungle. A winged snake flies out and hovers before him.
    Yes, Higure. I am here. You have questions about Hollows, yes?
    Uhm, yeah, you can hear our conversation?
    Yes. Eventually we will be able to communicate without you coming here. But that is not currently important. Ask your questions.
    Ah, all right. Hollows; What are they, why can we sense them, are we the only ones who can, where do they come from, how do we stop them?
    Untaidake thinks for a moment, then speaks. Higure notices that Untaidake's mouth doesn't actually move.
    Hollows are the result of tortured, corrupt souls of humans that have turned to cannibalism. You can sense them because your grandfather could. I do not know about the other two, although I can tell that they are not truly human, although neither are you. I also sense that there may be others like you in this town, but cannot tell specifically who. Hollows come from Hueco Mundo, the white desert where all hollows reside. As for stopping them, I'm not sure if you can. Something is causing them to enter this world. I don't know what, but it's probably something big.
    Uhm, all right. Thank you, Untaidake.

Higure opens his eyes, and, wiping sweat off his brow, and speaks. It's only been a few seconds. He relays to his two students all of what Undaidake said, minus the part about none of them being human.

[Hueco Mundo] The Arena
    Azmus raises an eyebrow to the obvious attack and quickly sonidos to the side at the last moment, shaking his head, still spinning the dagger in his hand.

Wilderness
    Seeing what he thinks is a good moment, the prostrate hollow scrambles away from the other two, eager to get away from what he perceives as two of the most powerful creatures he's ever seen. If left alone, he'll get up and run away as quietly as possible.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2013-03-24 at 06:50 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

26. - Top - End - #236

Soul Society ~ Recon Headquarters

A seemingly small girl skips in to the main headquarters of the Reconnaissance Division of Soul Society's Gotei 6. She sighs as she flops down into a chair and twirls around in it. A small girl wearing the Reconnaissance Division's Captain's haori, marking her out as none other than Hikaru Tsukino herself, just arrived back from her latest self-imposed recon mission. She feels the need to get out and about every now and then, and what better excuse.

Hikaru wheels her way over to the other side of the room, checking up on Reiphone locations.
    "Everything seems in order, but I'm itching to get out again. No one will believe if I go out again so soon though. Being Captain is rough... And now I'm talking to myself. Might as well go check on the barracks, at least there's people there."

Hikaru jumps up and strides on down to the barracks.

"Where's that Vice-Captain of mine?"

Soul Society ~ Between Division Grounds
    Locks swinging from his ears, Eri Wa-Den makes his way to the Combat Corps. He's still a little unsure how to handle his new promotion to Vice-Captain of Internal Security, but he was determined. He would protect Seireitei with his life, and bring anyone who went against that goal to justice.

Having been recently promoted, he has determined that the first order of business is to get to know the people he will have to be working with, namely, his own subordinates, and the Vice-Captains of other divisions.

That is why he is on his way to the Combat Corps. They shared a connection with Internal Security through their diligence when it comes to protecting Soul Society. "The Pack" protects it from outside threats, while IS protects it from inside threats. It is because of this, that Eri has decided to start here.

When he first arrives on the grounds of the Combat Corps, he starts wander. After all, it was also his duty to know every inch of Seireitei by heart.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2013-03-23 at 03:37 PM.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Society Training Grounds

Naijeru removes his sword from his side sheath and all as he brings it in front of him. He draws his Zanpakuto as well, revealing a long and thick odachi that he holds in his right hand, the sheath still clenched tightly in his left. He gives a grin as he says, "Don't mind if I do!"

Just like that he is off, his footsteps thundering across the ground as he closes in on Dosan. Upon reaching appropriate range he launches a two-pronged attack. A slash from his blade at Dosan's shoulder area and a bash from his sheath aimed at the ribs.

Mortal World Classroom

Tamaki sweats a little as he hears what Higure's sword had to say. He pushes his glasses up his nose once more before he says, "I see. Well on our own I'd say that we a little outside our weight class if something is actively causing hollows to appear in our world. Not to mention there is an entire world full of them. So I would say that our best bet is to try to find these, 'others like us' and try to convince them to help us."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

Kenzan nods. The idea of finding others like them seems to be the best moving forward. Even if the three of them didn't know much more, someone else might. "Is there a way to find these other people? A way to sense or track them down? Maybe a way to find more of these "hollow" creatures or figure out when they're going to show up next?"

(The Alleyway)

Miko slaps at the sharp pain on her neck. Drawing her hand back she sees the crushed insect. "That was all it was?"

"Um... maybe? I don't know. I've never felt something like that from a bee... I'm sorry..."

Miko rubs the sting, but otherwise pays it no mind. If unimpeded, she'll head home and spend the rest of the day there, oblivious to the being tracking her.

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

Obviously the Espada is a much more difficult opponent than the last guy. Regardless, Karasu's current opponent is who he is. Karasu twirls his scythe around, turns to face Azmus, and lunges at him with a Sonido, arcing his scythe up as part of the attack.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World (The Alleyway)

Miko slaps at the sharp pain on her neck. Drawing her hand back she sees the crushed insect. "That was all it was?"

"Um... maybe? I don't know. I've never felt something like that from a bee... I'm sorry..."

Miko rubs the sting, but otherwise pays it no mind. If unimpeded, she'll head home and spend the rest of the day there, oblivious to the being tracking her.
    Hayato finishes his drink and leaves the cafe, heading in the general direction of Miko, now that he's able to track her movements with ease. When he notices Miko has stopped moving significantly he makes the assertion she must be at her home. As walks down the block where her house is likely located. Interesting...So our little Hollow Girl lives here. Hmmm... Hayato checks his surroundings. ...I think I'll wait till later this evening to try and draw her out again.

With that decision he walks away for now, still curious about investigating the rest of the town.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li's expression darkens. "We lost two Captains lately. Discounting Sparrow-san herself, how many of us are left, Suzaku-san?" Li sighs. "I have not heard of the Reconnassaince Captain for weeks now. He was not present in the Captain's meeting. Even his Vice-Captain is off Presumably, he is off to conduct some high-security mission. Of our replacements, I have already conversed with Yasunobu-san. Kiba-san, I'm afraid, is not truly ready to lead his own division. After the death of the Kenpachi, he's been like a dog without a master."

"Internal Security, I expressly do not trust at this point. That is why I asked you, Isamaru-san, to come instead", Li glances at Myojin. "I will explain why in a moment. But you two are essentially here to help me formulate my presentation so I can give it to Sparrow-san - when I ask her to step down from her position."

"Suzaku-san and Isamaru-san, you are one of the few remaining officers who still have in good memory how things used to be. True, you might not be as powerful as what has traditionally been demanded from a Captain, but if we are to refound our old Division structure, I will personally vouch for your promotions - based on your experience, if nothing else."

"During the next weeks, I plan to go and talk with as many of the old officers who are still around, and ask them to return to fore once more. The bulk of our new forces must, by necessity, come from fresh recruits, but I hope I can find enough experienced leaders to at least advice them before they climb up the ranks."
    Fuyu shakes his head, resting a hand on his zanpakuto before speaking. "I have never been the leader type, Li-san. I will back any decision you make but I cannot take a position as anything more than a teacher to what ever new flock we find to lead us in these troubled times. My position has always been that of a teacher, I will continue on that path."