Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    I'm going to add a new challenge!

    How would you accomplish such a build if your only sources were core, Miniatures Handbook, and PHB2? Still doable?

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    I'm going to add a new challenge!

    How would you accomplish such a build if your only sources were core, Miniatures Handbook, and PHB2? Still doable?
    Yeah. Beguiler gish.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Yeah. Beguiler gish.
    Gishes are awesome. Got a build in mind?

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Dusk Eclipse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Runite
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Beguilers make terrible gishes, they don't have good buffing spells.
    Just call me Dusk
    Avatar by Ceika

    Spoiler: Iron Chef Trophy/Characters
    Show

    Stephan & Artorias sigatars by CoffeeIncluded, IC thropy by Savannah

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Beguilers make terrible gishes, they don't have good buffing spells.
    I used to think that way too, but then I played in a very restricted game with a Beguiler gish. They have expeditious retreat, mage armor, obscuring mist, blur, mirror image, see invisibility, spider climb, arcane sight, crown of veils, glibness, haste, invisibility, invisibility sphere and nondetection as buffs (up to level 3). Grab bladeweave from advanced learning, spam it.
    My character specifically went into Dragon Disciple later. I just used my 3rd level spells over and over. It was pretty fun and I guess it would cut it in any low to mid OP game.
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-10-31 at 10:45 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    I used to think that way too, but then I played in a very restricted game with a Beguiler gish. They have expeditious retreat, mage armor, obscuring mist, blur, mirror image, see invisibility, spider climb, arcane sight, crown of veils, glibness, haste, invisibility, invisibility sphere and nondetection as buffs (up to level). Grab bladeweave from advanced learning, spam it.
    How would something like Beguiler 6/Fighter (or Barb, or Ranger) 1/Eldritch Knight 10 fare? EK is the only real gishy prestige class in those sources.

    BAB 14/9 at level 17, so I can afford to lose another point over my last 2 levels and still get all the iteratives.

    CL 15, so I'm behind one level of spells. Not terrible, I'll still get my 9ths at level 20 if I don't lose any more. Tack on Beguiler levels 7 and 8, and then... hm, what for level 20? Need something with +1 BAB and +1 Spellcasting. Outside these sources you could grab Spellsword or Abjurant Champion or something (though if those were available Eldritch Knight would be kind of moot).

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    nedz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    How would something like Beguiler 6/Fighter (or Barb, or Ranger) 1/Eldritch Knight 10 fare? EK is the only real gishy prestige class in those sources.
    Well there is Havoc Mage.
    Moving on now.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' Actually it's worse than that.


    Completely Dysfunctional Handbook

    Avatar by Caravaggio

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    Well there is Havoc Mage.
    Moving on now.
    Three-quarters BAB and three-fifths spellcasting, getting neither at level 1? No thanks :)

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    Three-quarters BAB and three-fifths spellcasting, getting neither at level 1? No thanks :)
    That's why he said to move on

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    nedz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Quote Originally Posted by prufock View Post
    Three-quarters BAB and three-fifths spellcasting, getting neither at level 1? No thanks :)
    Well it does get to break the action economy, but yeah, like you said.
    I only mentioned it because it is another Gish class from those source, even if not a good one.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' Actually it's worse than that.


    Completely Dysfunctional Handbook

    Avatar by Caravaggio

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned
     
    ThiagoMartell's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Tank + Skill Monkey

    Rogue/Duskblade just kind of works, also.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •