New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of the Dead [Dead End - d20 Zombie Apocalypse]

Jim, a look of horror on his face, recovers from swiping his chair at the young girl.
    "Used to be young girl" he mumbles to himself as he tries to keep the realization of the situation from sinking to deep.

He catches that Victor is in trouble but realizes that the best way to help him is to finish of this... thing in front of him.

He brings his chair up and back, trying to smash the things skull in.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Looking around desperately for a weapon, a glint of metal catches Viola's eye on the table next to her. It's a meat cleaver!

Grinning with ferocity, she takes a crude, heavy swing at the zombie that just took a chunk out of Victor.

"An eye for an eye, they say? Well, I hardly think that is fair. How about your head?"
    please note that incoherent posting is incoherent.
    -Kymme gets all the credit for my current avatar. ALL OF IT.-
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by OneCalledBlue; Genderbent Ithlikar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Francois returns to where Blake is standing, just inside the cooler and grabs the ice pick, dropping it into a pocket on his apron.

Viola grabs the butcher's cleaver from the prep table and heartily brings it down into the skull of the old man attacking Victor, sinking it deeply into her target. The jaw of the thing drops open and its tongue flops out as the body goes limp. At first, the cleaver is stuck, but the weight of the corpse quickly pulls itself free of the large blade and drops to the floor, hitting the side of its head on the edge of the sink on its way down.

The chemistry teacher rears back with his wooden-framed chair and swiped it down towards Gretchen, who seems almost to react and dodge out of the way of the attack! She snarls as Jim, spitting up blood and saliva that cascades down her chin and the front of her once white smock. Out of the corner of his eye, Jim sees that the shadow that was moving before seems to be another creature slowly shambling up the stairs!

The creature that used to be a young black girl, dressed in her Wonder Woman-themed pajamas, comes running around the corner of the sink and clambers over the old man's broken body and attempts to bite Victor's thigh! She bites into his leg, drawing blood through his pants and tearing away a patch of the denim in her teeth.

The creature that was once known as Gretchen roars and then leaps forwards towards Jim's neck with her teeth, attempting to bite the poor man. Luckily Jim was able to keep his chair between himself and the assaulting member of the kitchen staff, causing her to gnash her teeth on one of the wooden supports instead of his flesh.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-11-06 at 01:21 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

4. - Top - End - #34

Blake, seeing Francois return for the ice pick, now picks up the box cutter off of the freezer shelf and puts it into his inner breast pocket. He then moves to where his broom handle had landed and picks it back up.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Crying out in pain, it takes mere moments for the sheer enormity of the attack to dawn on Victor.

"No.... No!"

Igniting with rage, Victor brings the tray down on the zombie as hard and as furiously as he can, attempting to dislodge the monster if possible and kill it.

6. - Top - End - #36

Victor brings the edge of his serving tray down on the base of the girl's skull, causing a loud crunch to sound from the impact. The thing releases his leg, but turns her blood-shot eyes up at the pentathlete and roars... revealing her mouth filled with Victor's own blood.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

7. - Top - End - #37

Mason quickly walks around behind the stove and sink, keeping his sinister eyes trained on the small girl that had just bitten Victor on the thigh. The mechanic reaches around the the counter and grabs the girl with both hands, dropping his pipe wrench. As he gains control of her right arm and her left leg and begins hoisting her above his head. The black child screams wildly and lashes out at Mason, digging the fingernails of her left hand into his right cheek, leaving deep gouges behind. The mechanic winces and mutters a curse word as he heaves the girl across the prep table at Gretchen, causing both of the female monsters to fall to the ground in a tangled heap.

Meanwhile, a sixth zombie hungrily makes its way up the stairs from the first floor kitchen down below. It charges Jim the moment it sees him, oblivious to the danger of coming in reach of his chair!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

8. - Top - End - #38

DrowGuy

Francois, seeing he can't really reach any of the attacking zombies, says:
    Viector, if you are not feelin' well, fall back and I wiel take your place.
    When he sees Yasmine entering the battleground he is a bit in shock:
    Oh no, what happened, they got you too? Merde! he thinks.

9. - Top - End - #39

Viola watches as the zombies tear into her companions, and gives a short swear.
    "И я калека здесь? Изобразительное то, мне придется исправить эту ошибку!"

With the rapid-fire Russian being almost spat out, she twists her ankle in the middle of a swing, turning it awkwardly at the zombie that took a bite out of Victor.

Тупой зомби! Почему вы должны разрушить мой отпуск?
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Jim reacts as the thing once known as Yasmine ascends to the top of the stairs and swings his chair at her. She ducks under the first attack, but hasn't recovered for the second as the chemistry teacher brings one of the chair legs down on her neck. The blow throws her off balance, and she tumbles back down the stairs, leaving a trail of blood and snapping sounds behind her.

Gretchen stands and violently throws the other creature off of her, which sends the girl sprawling out across the floor behind her. The former kitchen staff member then tries to take advantage of Jim engaging Yasmine and swipes her claw-like hand at him! Her fingers cut four deep ruts into Jim's right ribcage, tearing his shirt and causing him to sharply inhale against the pain.

The small black girl scrambles up from the floor and charges at Mason, bearing her teeth and yowling at the mechanic like some kind of ferocious animal. Just then, someone... or something... pushes the door open directly behind Mason! The swinging "saloon style" door hits the man in the back, and when it swings closed, you see another former crew member. She leaps onto his back and bites his neck, causing a waterfall of blood to erupt between the two of them! It is readily apparent that Mason needs serious medical attention!

Blake grips his broom handle in both hands and charges across the room, yelling at the newly arrived creature as it tears into Mason's neck. Just as he closes the distance, she turns toward the charging lawyer, who shoves the end of the broken pole into her left eye socket. The monster reels back from the strike and the very end of the handle snaps off, leaving a massive "splinter" protruding from her eye.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-11-08 at 03:57 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Mason!"

Knowing he can't let the man who just helped him perish, but without many options himself, something clicks inside Victor as a white hot rage builds up. Drawing back, Victor hurls the dinged and dented steel serving try directly at the zombie child before casting about for another knife, cleaver, iron skillet... ANYTHING! As he does this he takes a five foot step back.

"Francois! You're up!"

12. - Top - End - #42

Victor throws the serving tray, causing it to clang off of the girl's shoulder, barely hitting her. It continues its momentum and clatters to a stop amid the plates and things on the farside prep table, cutting deeply into the side of a cake. Stepping back and looking around for a weapon, the pentathlete find several pots and pans on the stove, containing whatever over-cooked things they held. In addition, he also spots a can of cooking spray sitting right beside the stove top (the kind they use to grease pans with).
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

13. - Top - End - #43

DrowGuy

Seeing that he gets some space, Francois charges in and starts cutting on the zombie.
    GET. OUT. OF. MY. KITCHEN.

14. - Top - End - #44

"NYET!

The shout (hopefully) attracts the attention of the zombies clawing and tearing their way to a tasty new meal, with a woman barely standing on two crutches and a meat cleaver in her hands.

"You... will not TOUCH them. If you want them, COME AND GET ME!"

With that, she throws all her weight into a mighty swing at the zombie near Jim, hoping to take pressure off her friends.
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Mason spins in place, pushing some distance between him and the woman that just bit him. He then grimaces and swings his pipe wrench at "Nadia", connecting with the right side of her jaw and splatters the contents of her head all over the still-swinging door behind her.

As Yasmine tops the stairs once more, Jim takes another swing at her when she passes close to him, missing her. The thing then returns the favor, scratching him severely in his inner thigh!

The chef moves between the counters now that Victor had made room. Running at the young black girl, he swings his knife menacingly at the girl, cleanly cutting off the front portion of her skull, and the front lobe of her brain with it. She takes half a step in his direction and then her eyes roll back and she falls to the floor motionless.

Viola turns on Gretchen, swinging at the monster from over the corner of the prep table, only barely making contact with her, cutting her just over her left breast. The creature turns and growls at the gymnast.

Jim now swings again at Yasmine, also only just grazing her on her stomach. The chemistry teacher notices that his chair has started becoming loose and can see cracks in several places. Injured and increasingly worried, he stumbles past Viola, regrouping back near Victor.

Gretchen attacks Viola, swinging wildly at the Russian. The distance proves too much and she instead sends plates and bowls shattering onto the tiled floor!

Blake, seeing that both of the things near him are dead, moves into position behind Gretchen, stabbing her in the temple with his broom handle! It still doesn't seem to be enough to bring her down, however.

Two of the creatures remained standing in the blood-soaked kitchen, the red and pink of lost life standing in stark contrast to the once-pristine white and silver of the room. Several members of your group were gravely injured, but the fight wasn't over yet.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-11-09 at 12:59 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Realizing that trying to push past Viola would only make things worse, Victor decides to instead tend to Mason. Also realizing he's currenlty unarmed, he casts about for another weapon. Spying the skillet on the stove, he grabs it up. Just as he is about to head over to Mason, he spys the cooking spray. Shrugging briefly, he snatches it up and makes his way to the maintenance tech.

"Mason... damn it man... we need to get you out of here!"

Victor tries his best to find a way to deal with Masons neck wound, but it's too far beyond his abilities, it's gruesome nature disturbing him to the point of ineptitude.
    Last edited by GunnDancer; 2012-11-09 at 04:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mason looks at Victor but his word don`t seem to ring through.
    Without a word, Mason walks up next to blade and swing at the zombie.

Bloody....biting... mumbles Mason as he tries to kill the creature.

18. - Top - End - #48

Victor tries to staunch the bleeding in Mason's neck, but the grizzled man all but pushes the younger man aside... his attempts counting for naught.

The mechanic's ears ring with the drop in his blood pressure, blocking out the sounds of the surrounding environment. He pushes on with focus and even his vision is tainted with the red of rage. Mason moves up beside Blake and swings his heavy wrench at the the creature once known as Gretchen. Though close, his attack misses - instead slamming hard against the prep table corner between them, taking a chunk out of the Formica veneer.

The monster Yasmine closes with the Russian gymnast, raking her claws against Viola's inner thigh. The powerful assault stings and nearly causes Viola to lose her balance!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

19. - Top - End - #49

DrowGuy

Seeing that Mason and Viola are both hurt, makes Francois realise that he has to act quickly, he hurls his kitchen knife to the fleshheap while shouting:
    Merde Mason, get the *** out of there, you con, this is no time to play ze heero

20. - Top - End - #50

The cook rears back and hurls his trusty knife at Gretchen. The blade hits directly in the temple of the creature, embedding itself with a wet thunk and sending her into the wall beside the stairwell. The knife carried enough force to actually pin her head to the wall, keeping the thing in a mostly upright position.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

21. - Top - End - #51

Catching herself on her crutches and the desk, Viola lets out a groan, followed by more swearing in Russian.

"So... I've finally got a scratch on me. Do you mind if I return the favor?"

With that, she pushes on the zombie's head to use it as a brace to get up, and lands a graceful, almost practiced swing on the zombie.
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Viola brings the cleaver down into the side of Yasmine's head, splitting her skull down to the bridge of her nose. The creature's eyes focus on the gymnast with burning hatred and then they dilate and she slides to the floor.

As you all stand there, panting and looking around in disbelief, you notice that several of you are injured... and some of you severely so.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Breathing heavily, Victor looks around at the carnage in the kitchen. Wincing in pain, he grabs the nearest towel and uses it to staunch the blood flowing freely from his thigh.

"Someone needs to help Mason! He's bleeding really bad and I don't know what to do!"

Making his way to the rest of the group, he tries to think. The immediate danger is over but they're in no condition to get out there and start busting heads, let alone make it some place safer.

"We need to block off the doors or something so we can have a chance to rest! Francois, does the fridge move or are there heavy boxes we can put in front of the entrances to the kitchen?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mason just stares at Victor in a daze before he sits down and touches the wound in his neck. Wha...bloody...tired, Victor....your wounded..
    He then laughs softly. You should.....clean up Franciose.

Clearly the mechanic is in shock, talking nonsense and not realizing the danger hes in.

25. - Top - End - #55

"I'm afraid I am not much help there, Viktor. My first aid skills...", she sighs with a twinge of pain in her voice, "are not good. Francois, could you be kind and barricade the stairwell and entrances? I'm not going to be walking for a bit."
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Francois, Blake, and Jim use Mason's pipe wrench to unbolt several of the prep tables and move them into barricaded positions in the kitchen. Placing heavy boxes and cans behind them, both doors are easily blocked off by this method. The staircase entrance is a little trickier, but they manage to at least cover the bottom half of the doorway, making it difficult for anything to get in without having to climb over the debris.

Meanwhile, Victor and Viola work to try and treat their own injuries as well as to stop the worrisome bleeding of the mechanic. Finally, Victor manages to get enough pressure applied with a towel to at least stop the flow for now. Using Blake's necktie, the pentathlete is able to secure a fresh towel to Mason's wound without causing the man too much further discomfort. Likewise, Victor found a bag of flour and after placing a large handful of it onto the bite in his thigh, the bleeding there stopped as well.

After the room was secured, the others joined in on trying to help treat the injured.

Spoiler
    Show

Untreated Wounds:
    • Jim - 2 Scratches (6 points; 8 points)
    • Viola - Scratch (8 points)
    • Victor - Scratch (7 points)

Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-11-14 at 01:43 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

27. - Top - End - #57

DrowGuy

After Francois helped making the kitchen secure, he walks around in his now transformed kitchen to see if he can make something to eat:
    I will make something for us to eat, that will help us stay on our feet. We will have to be sparingly wif the food, but I will see if I can make something to perk us up.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Taking a deep breath, Victor let's it out as a sigh.

"Viola, you want to come with me for a few minutes so I can try and patch up your leg?"

Victor gestures towards a relatively clean corner of the kitchen where Viola might be able to put her legs up so he can patch her up.

29. - Top - End - #59

DrowGuy

While the others are tending to their wounds, Francois starts to clean the mess up. He binds a towel before his nose and he starts pulling the bodies towards the freezer, trying to not think too much about the gruesomeness of it all. While in the freezer, he looks after the boxcutter he had seen and if he finds it, he takes it with him (OOC: don't know if someone already took it). After he has put the last body into the freezer, he closes it to hopefully never open it again and he starts to clean up what is left of the kitchen. He starts with cleaning the floor, moving the bodies had created filthy smears of blood and gore that he scrubbed out. All over the place were stains and splatters that needed to be removed. When his kitchen was finally somewhat cleaned, he stops to take a breath, and looks around rather happily: I've worked in worse places. he mumbles. Then he announces: Dinner is being served in about an hour. and starts to do what he is best.

30. - Top - End - #60

"That would be good. Food and a fixed leg would be nice... Could you bring me over there please?". Viola gestures towards her leg in its cast, then to the other, which is slashed. She can't walk. With a quick push, she pushes herself up slowly, balancing on the table next to her, putting little weight onto her legs.
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show