New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of the Dead [Dead End - d20 Zombie Apocalypse]

Mason whispers back, Your right but everyone needs to know the plan before they screw up badly.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Jim nods at Mason in silent agreement.
    "Wait for it and we all attack at once. Maybe a couple of us hold it down while the others finish it?" he whispers to the others.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

The large man turns as you all begin to round the corner, making a moaning gurgle mixed with a deep-throated scream. As he charged, Mason readied his pipe wrench to strike. Once the man was close enough, the mechanic let it swing and strike it did, clocking the overweight man across the cheek and temple. The creature's hand, curled into the claw-like position you saw with some of the creatures last night, slams into the nearest table instead of where its aim was initially; thrown off course by the severity of Mason's attack. Browning pieces of lettuce and wilted vegetables fly everywhere and the man's limb shatters a plate full of yesterday's salad.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-04 at 02:26 PM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

4. - Top - End - #94

Blake grips his broom handle and nudges Victor, motioning around the long way with a jerk of his head.

The lawyer then moves the other direction behind the kitchen and disappears around the corner.

Victor follows Blake, intent on working his way around behind the large man. However, he nearly bumps into the lawyer as he rounds the corner and unexpectedly finds him stopped dead in his tracks. There, between two of the tables and hidden because of the angle from the rest of the group, was another one of those things! At one time, this one appears to have been a bartender aboard the ship.

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-05 at 03:55 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Viola, in the middle of her sentence, is cut off by a loud thwack. She sees Mason crack the zombie across the head, and she looks mildly disappointed.

"Well, if you're going to be like that..."

She picks up a glass tumbler not unlike the one she had earlier, and tries to throw it at the zombie.

"Why don't I give you a glass?"
    please note that incoherent posting is incoherent.
    -Kymme gets all the credit for my current avatar. ALL OF IT.-
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by OneCalledBlue; Genderbent Ithlikar

6. - Top - End - #96

Viola grabs a nearly empty glass and hurls it at the creature. Droplets of liquid trail through the air as the projectile slams into the forehead of the man, cracking the tumbler before it falls to the floor and rolls off somewhere. The thing reels for a moment before righting himself and grimacing at the gymnast.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

7. - Top - End - #97

DrowGuy

If you get to throw things, I also get to throw things.

Francois moves behind the table on his left and throws his kitchen knife at the zombie tourist.

8. - Top - End - #98

The chef sidesteps and readies his arm, throwing his trusted kitchen blade at the man. However, the throw goes wild and clangs against the outer wall of the kitchen and falls amongst the eatery of one of the place settings behind the creature!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

9. - Top - End - #99

Jim picks up a plate and tosses it like a Frisbee at the obese man. The plate breaks against the creature's brow and a fragment of the porcelain missile continues through the momentum, gashing open the side of his face. A large flap of skin, falls down over the thing's ear, held in place only by the inner ear canal. While the damage that had been sustained by this man has been more than enough to take down the monsters you have fought before... this one still stands!

Meanwhile, on the other side of the kitchen, the bartender howls as she rushes around the table and charges Blake. He tries to get his broom handle between her and himself, but is over-stricken with fear. The woman reaches out with both of her claw-like hands and rends open the stomach of the lawyer. His intestines and other unidentifiable organs slip out of his shirt and spill out onto the carpeted floor of the restaurant. The bartender creature drops to her knees and begins devouring the slippery insides as Blake turns towards Victor, all of the color draining out of his face and his eyes wide.

"Help me... please..."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Ohgodohgodohgod...."

Despite his limited training in the art of combat he had never seen anyone die before him... and never in a gruesome manner like this. Stunned for a brief moment, his fight response kicks in and he moves forward quickly, bringing the heavy frying pan down on the zombies head in a silent grimace, desperate to kill this thing eating his new friend.

11. - Top - End - #101

Mason steps forward and smashes his pipe wrench into the top of the man's skull, sinking the steel tool's weight into his brain. The large creature shivers and then collapses, the force of him falling causing the floor beneath your feet to vibrate.

Meanwhile, Blake's face turns from pleading with Victor to staring down in disbelief at the young woman now feasting on his innards as he staggers to his knees. The pentathlete steps to the side and brings his frying pan down on the oblivious thing, connected hard with her neck and sending her face-first into the bloody entrails of the lawyer. Although the creature appeared to have a severely broken neck and had lost control of her entire body, her mouth still chewed the bite of liver that she had already taken and the eyes hungrily yearned for more of the visceral buffet that was sprawled all over the floor.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

12. - Top - End - #102

Viola looks around, and realizes that Victor and Blake had disappeared, and she hears wet, fleshy, tearing sounds from the other end of the hall, followed by a loud CLANG, and a roar of pain.

Dammit, what have they-

She comes up to the corner, and is greeted by a horrible sight of another zombie with its face in the stomach of the now-kneeling, possibly dead lawyer, with a large dent in its neck. Victor was trying to bat it away.

"BLAKE! He's in trouble, get over here!"

She moves as fast as she can towards the two, fearing that she is already too late. She hears the terrible, ghastly chewing and slurping of the zombie on the slippery entrails, and she holds back the urge to vomit.
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

DrowGuy

You guys go right ahead, I will find my knife and be right behind you.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing Viola, Jim rushes over to the partially gnawed upon lawyer, bringing down his chair onto the... thing feasting on him.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack
    (1d20+0)[9](9)

Damage
    (1d6)[6](6)

He fights back to turn away at the last moment, finding a previously unknown in strength as he steels himself for the blow on the once human, but the sight of someone he knows being eaten causes him to fail to keep his eye on the creature.
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-12-11 at 08:31 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105

The chemistry teacher jogs over, passing Viola, and is shocked at the grisly scene laid out before him. Despite his reservations, he steps forward and drives one of his chair's legs hard into the back of the bartender thing's head. With the force, he finishes off the monster, but the strike also causes the supports on the chair to finally splinter and the whole thing comes apart. It falls, in pieces, onto the gory tangled mess that remains of Blake of the bartender.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

16. - Top - End - #106

Mason moves forward to investigate the noise that he heard, keeping his pipe wrench and serving-tray-shield at the ready. Francois moves right behind him, quickly retrieving his knife from among the dirty dishes left on the table. Both men see another one of those things making its way up the main staircase of the Sun & Sea Restaurant. It appears to one have been a Hispanic man, who sported many facial wounds and whose left eyeball was hanging from its socket. The cook and the mechanic could both see that there appeared to be at least two more also making their way to the stairs! One seemed to be a middle-aged woman with dyed red hair that appeared to have been celebrating something, judging by the feather boa and the gaudy way she was dressed. The other was a Hispanic teenage girl in a simple light blue sundress, missing her right arm. She appeared to be following the man that was already halfway up the stairs.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Breathing heavily, Victor stares wide eyed down at the body of his recent-friend Blake. Trembling slightly he swallows hard as he fights back the urge to vomit and looks up at Viola and Jim.

"We were... were going to sneak around the other side and then... then..."

He trails off as he hears the growlings and rumblings of more undead coming, his face setting firm as he grips his frying pan tightly.

"You guys go see what that is about... I... I'll deal with Blake. No one should have to come back as one of those things..."

18. - Top - End - #108

The diminutive woman snaps back to attention as Victor stammers his explanation. She leans heavily on her undamaged leg, and almost interrupts him until he mentions a disturbance.

"What do you hear? I don't-"

Grrrumble......

"Oh."

She takes a moment to peer into Victor's eyes, and pats him on the back.

"If you don't want to do that, I'll do it. You've seen enough of him for one day, don't put yourself through that. It's not your fault he died, neither is it his own. We are faced with a very grim situation, and not all of us may even make it. However, I promise you, no, ALL of you this; if God wills us to join him, we will go down fighting. While our bodies may betray us, we will keep steadfast in heart and mind."
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Jim, seeing more coming, rushes over and picks up a chair to use as a makeshift weapon/shield.

"We have to get out of here. If we get locked down into a fight, we run the risk of getting overrun" he says in a low but intense voice.

With that, moves around Victor and tries to moves quickly and silently towards the noise.

20. - Top - End - #110

The Hispanic father creature tops the stairs and closes with Mason, swinging his splayed fingers at the mechanic!
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-14 at 11:19 AM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Victor stares into Violas eyes intensely for several seconds and then his shoulders sag and he slowly nods his head.

"Okay... But if you need help don't stick around here. Just come get us... and don't linger."

Watching Jim rush off to help Mason and Francois, Victor moves to do the same, turning back briefly.

"Thank you..."

22. - Top - End - #112

Mason dodges away from the clawing creature, and then swings his wrench in retaliation... only to miss as well!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #113

DrowGuy

Francois storms at the hispanic:
    Taste zis, putain!

24. - Top - End - #114

The frenchman steps forward and thrusts his arm out across the table, driving his knife directly into the open eye-socket of the creature. The man twitches twice while still standing, and then collapses in a heap on the floor.

The two remaining monsters move further up the stairs, if opposite directions. The older of the two crests the top of the stairs and begins making her way towards Jim and Victor, snarling her blood-stained teeth.

Viola leans forward over Blake's body, his back resting against the nearby booth and his eyes staring blankly downward. The gymnast picks up a nearby tumbler and smashes both the glass and the lawyer's skull.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-12-18 at 02:09 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

25. - Top - End - #115

Recovering from the heavy smash, she plucks tiny shards of glass out of her hand with a look of sadness weighing on her face.

"
    Покойся с миром, друг."

With that, she carefully takes a cloth from one of the tables surrounding and lays it over the now-mutilated body of Blake.

"Бог благословит вашу душу."
    Sig-of-avatars is a GO!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"Come on" Jim whispers harshly over his shoulder as, holding the leg of what is left his chair, rushes up to the woman at the top of the stairs and tries to club her in the head.
    "We have to take... it out as quickly as possible. You saw what these things did to Blake!"

Spoiler
    Show

To hit
    (1d20+0)[13](13)

Damage
    (1d6+0)[3](3)

27. - Top - End - #117

Jim moves forward, rounding a table as the middle-aged woman with shockingly red hair hisses at him. He quickly steps forward and clocks her upside the head with his impromptu club, causing a solid thunk to echo throughout the room.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

His face contorted with anger, Victor steps up and attempts to smash that zombie square in the face. Still shaken, he is determined to avenge Blake... by killing this zombie and every other zombie he can lay a fry pan on.

29. - Top - End - #119

The pentathlete charges forward and smashes in the face of the woman, causing the blood-soaked tails of her boa to fly up in the air as she reeled backwards from the blow... tumbling back down the stairs with audible snaps and wet thuds.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

30. - Top - End - #120

Mason runs forward, coming part of the way down the stairs to meet the Hispanic girl head-on. However, when he swings at the teenager, his wrench slips out of his hand and falls onto the landing below!
    - Ser Jorah Mormont