New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Question about Project Image

I'm playing a Shadowcaster//Telflammar Shadowlord in a campaign, and I recently picked up the spell Ephemeral Image (which is for all intents and purposes Project Image but with concealment). This spell seems to have a lot of potential, especially for a stealthy character who can hide while the image does the work. My questions are thus:

You can deliver spells through a projected image, including touch spells. Can you, therefore, deliver a full attack with a spell such as Chill Touch, which has multiple charges?

Since the text says the image mimics you unless otherwise directed, could you then proceed to make a full attack on a creature and have the image mimic that full attack (providing the image is facing the target while mimicking you)?

Does disbelief of the image mean that you are no longer subject to the spells it delivers? I wouldn't think so, seeing as how the spells are still real, but I thought I'd ask.

Does being attacked by the image constitute interaction (thus entitling you to a save)?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Question about Project Image

Basing this off of project image, since I don't have access to ephemeral image.

Quote Originally Posted by LordotheMorning View Post
    You can deliver spells through a projected image, including touch spells. Can you, therefore, deliver a full attack with a spell such as Chill Touch, which has multiple charges?
    I don't see why not.

Since the text says the image mimics you unless otherwise directed, could you then proceed to make a full attack on a creature and have the image mimic that full attack (providing the image is facing the target while mimicking you)?
    Probably, although it won't have any additional effect beyond perhaps confusing enemies.

Does disbelief of the image mean that you are no longer subject to the spells it delivers? I wouldn't think so, seeing as how the spells are still real, but I thought I'd ask.
    I believe it only allows you to note which version is real, and perhaps ignore physical attacks. Since it's a (shadow) spell, it's actually got some reality to it.

Does being attacked by the image constitute interaction (thus entitling you to a save)?
    Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    Probably, although it won't have any additional effect beyond perhaps confusing enemies.
    Well, if you've got Chill Touch or Umbral Touch it does. One could theoretically place the image ten feet in front himself so that it mirrors his actions, and then charge the enemy, and have the image end up behind the enemy. Or he could place it directly beside himself and attack a large or bigger creature. The image attacks with a touch attack while I attack with a weapon. It would take some setup, but you could even arrange to have your image flank for you while the two of you attack simultaneously..

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Final bump. Anyone else have a thought?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

SolithKnightGuy

Tuggyne appears to be correct.

If you could be in full cover from one observer while attacking someone, while your image is in full view attacking the same enemy, they could waste attacks on it definitely.

If they disbelieve, they see it as a shadowy cutout, but it can still deliver touch spells at them.