New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default The 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation (not Original Generation 2)

Confusing title aside...

IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING.

Alpha 2! With never before seen but eagerly-anticipated by mythology nerds with OCD JakuBuOh, and the pure win of Altairion!

MX! With Albero still being a badass and the actual protagonists kind of creeping me out. (It's the eye reflections).

D! With things!

A bunch of side manga I haven't read!

Errybody's gettin' upgrades!

Rishu Tougo with a mother****ing Zankantou and Thrudgelmir face!

Sprite animations that look better than most TV anime!

DISCUSS!
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-08-25 at 12:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation (not Original Generation 2)

Lemme see if I get them right:
    1st: Ing (from the manga Lost Children) piloting a modified R-Blade. That was mentioned before, so...

2nd: Irm! And...is that the Grungust Custom? Hopefully so, because the Grungust is due for an upgrade for quite some time...

3rd: Kuzuha and what seems to be one of the ChouKiJin, but that's definitely no RyuKoOh nor Shin RyuKoOh. That means the Shin will come soon enough

4th: AXEL!!! YES!!! And...is that the Soulgain using the Zweizergain's right hand!? Does that mean they're going with SRW: the Inspectors series as canon!?

5th: El...I mean, RATSEL. Yeah, Ratsel. With Aussenseiter in HD. Don't see the upgrade there.

6th: Shine with Fairlion G in HD.

7th: Ibis & Tsugumi in Astelion AX, it seems.

8th: I...have no idea who he is. People say he's Joshua Radcliff from SRW D, so I presume that's the Aile Chevalier. Cliana appeared in earlier promos, so that means both protagonists will be there.

9th: Hugo Medio and Aqua Centrum from SRW MX. Now, whether that's the Garmraid or the Cerberus, I'm not sure. According to Wikipedia, it's the Cerberus, and the devs promised to deliver the Garmraid in one way or another.

Collage:
    • Seolla in Wildfalken (?) using a combination attack with Kai...in a further upgraded Gespenst. That's about the third upgrade Kai's Gespenst receives (by now, it CAN'T be called a Mk-II M, because it's no longer mass produced).
    • Apparently an enemy from Lost Children, by the way she refers at Ing. She's the one with the axe-heed rifle that shoots a black-and-red beam.
    • No idea. Sorry guys.
    • Albero Esto, so that means the Medius Locus is also in this game.
    • Ariel Org and her Flickerei Geist, from Real Robot Regiment. That's the mecha that uses the Pile Bunker from the Alteisen, BTW.
    • Leona, but that's not the Siegerlion. Wonder what is it...?
    • Excellen, revealing she still has the Rein Weissritter parts.
    • AXEL ONCE AGAIN!!! This time using Byakko Kou ([White] Tiger Bite) in HD!!
    • Lamia, and she pilots the Vysaga from now on. It seems that'll be her upgrade.
    • Fighter Roa, with what seems to be the (G?) Compatible Kaiser
    • Two unknown mechs. Sorry guys.
    • Rishu Togo in a modified Grungust Type-0. As mentioned by the OP, it seems to have Thrudgelmir parts, judging by how it ROARS as it makes its attack. So that means Master Togo will appear as a playable character?
    • Ryusei Date with the R-Blade Custom. Since it seems that The 2nd SRW OG will follow Alpha 2 timeline, that means no Altered parts nor Banpreios until further on.

Well, that leaves me a happy camper. Odd not to see Einst Alchemie, as story-wise, she is bound to Axel, and the events in SRW OG Saga EF EXCEED made no reference to how they can act separately. That, plus if the Einst/Jetzt make a comeback...

Given that they're pushing for Alpha 2 (and maybe the start of Alpha 3, judging for how they mentioned the JinRai and the RaiOh as coming for this game), that means we'll probably see some more Balmar enemies and perhaps even Irui (with the Nashim Ganeden), maybe as a final/secret boss.

Oh, and apparently the Cybuster is only a fraction close to completion (aka, Cylis-possessed Cybuster).
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation (not Original Generation 2)

Yay, finally a new video. This seems like a must-have, for sure. I still haven't played OG Gaiden, though. Probably should get that out of the way before this comes out.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"
    __
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

T.G Oskar - the first unknown you can't identify is Ignis, one of the elemental-themed Ruina generals from SRW D. The two others are new originals, pilots of JakuBuOh.

And yes, that was Joshua Radcliffe. SRW D has one of the better sets of originals I saw in a SRW game, so I'm happy to see him here. Even if I already knew he was supposed to be around.... aynway, I'm kinda worried that Aile Chevalier went all Ideon in the end. Seems too powerful for a unit that gets an upgrade later.

And just like D's originals are great, MX's are lukewarm. Both the protagonists and antagonists - they're not bad, they're just kinda there. At least this game makes them look cooler than their own title.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2012-08-26 at 08:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Is it just me or are the robots here unusually small in comparison to the whole screen size? It's a weird nitpick, I know.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

What I wonder is exactly how much they'll take from Alpha 2 and how deep they'll begin with Alpha 3.

From what I see, the main storyline will be Alpha 2 (no Gaiden, because that was somewhat covered in between OG2 and OGG with Thrudgelmir, Shin Neo Granzon and the idea of alternate dimensions through Shadow-Mirror), which means quite probably the final boss (or the secret final boss) will be Nashim Ganeden, with the stories of MX and D intertwined.

From that, you can figure that we won't see Cobray (and the Werkbau) aside from some passing mention to Ingram (that is, IF they decide to port Cobray, though given the DiSRX and the cameo in the first SRW anime, there's a very small chance it will), no SRW J (hence no Touya or Calvina), no SRW W (hence no Kazuma, the Ardygun family, the Valstork and the combination leading to Valcazard), and perhaps no mention of the other Masoukishin (which have YET to appear in an OG game, perhaps never to appear). Quite probably we'll see J, W and Alpha 3 as part of The 3rd Super Robot Wars OG, paving the way for the fifth OG game, which would probably collapse Z and Z2.

Granted, this is thinking way too deep, but it gives an idea of how many other OG games we can expect (and when we may expect some fan-faves, such as Baran Doban ;) ).

I had completely forgotten that Kai, Katina and Russel had serious upgrades to their Gespensts, but aside from Kai, will this mean the rest will see some action?

Oh yeah...regarding the chick that speaks to Ing... It seems her name is Amara, and she pilots a Hi-Personal Trooper called Code Evil. It's unique to the game, and probably a way to add some relevance to Ing's story.

Also: Vanity Ripper = Discutter: Ranbu no Tachi? And perhaps Ryusei and Masaki having their combination attack? As I mentioned, it's only one step closer to Cybuster getting full power, but I think they might skip it until, if they do so, begin production on the game that covers SRW Z. The way they constructed Evil Masaki Asakim is still a mystery, and perhaps it may tie up with all the jumble that's alternate dimensions, the Spheres, and the Dis Lev.

Incredible how excited one can get just from seeing a new trailer...one that provides more info, of course. I'm just happy by seeing Axel with the Zwei's GOlDen HAND *wink wink*...
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    2nd: Irm! And...is that the Grungust Custom? Hopefully so, because the Grungust is due for an upgrade for quite some time...
    The new-hotness version of his Grungust Kai from Alpha, yes, which is a definite improvement since the original Grungust Kai was just a palette-swapped Type 2.

3rd: Kuzuha and what seems to be one of the ChouKiJin, but that's definitely no RyuKoOh nor Shin RyuKoOh. That means the Shin will come soon enough
    That's RyuJinKi, her ride for the first half of Alpha 2. It's basically the dragon machine by itself with some extra Grungust parts and Son Wukong's staff. Interesting that it's using it the same way Shin RyuKoOh does...

7th: Ibis & Tsugumi in Astelion AX, it seems.
    I thought she finally got Altairion there, but I would need to check up on the design vs. Astelion AX.

[LIST][*]Seolla in Wildfalken (?) using a combination attack with Kai...in a further upgraded Gespenst. That's about the third upgrade Kai's Gespenst receives (by now, it CAN'T be called a Mk-II M, because it's no longer mass produced).
    I am going to continue to insist on calling his mechs Gespenst Kai Kais.

[*]Lamia, and she pilots the Vysaga from now on. It seems that'll be her upgrade.
    If I were making this game, I would let either her or Axel pilot the Vysaga and also each the option to pilot Angelg or Soulgain, respectively. But I bet Axel, at least, is stapled to Soulgain.

Given that they're pushing for Alpha 2 (and maybe the start of Alpha 3, judging for how they mentioned the JinRai and the RaiOh as coming for this game), that means we'll probably see some more Balmar enemies and perhaps even Irui (with the Nashim Ganeden), maybe as a final/secret boss.
    No Balmar enemies at all in Alpha 2 (or real mention of them until the final level and Nashim's monologue), but I would not be surprised to see a few spies kicking around in 2nd OG for foreshadowing purposes. Someone has to kill all of Selena Recital's friends, and who else is going to do it? The Fury? Kei Katsuragi?

Oh, and apparently the Cybuster is only a fraction close to completion (aka, Cylis-possessed Cybuster).
    The Lord of Elementals remakes are canon to the OG games, I think, so who knows. We'll probably get Full Possession whenever the main OG continuity catches up with the second half of LoE or LoE2 in terms of timeline.

My predictions on the plot:

The main threats of the game will be the "GS" original-originals, the Ruina, and Medius Locus, with other groups like the Neo-DC, followers of Baral, and the Lost Children bad guys trolling around the edges and making things difficult. The final bosses of the game will be, I think:

1) Perfectio, set up as the obvious and most insanely dangerous Big Bad
    2) followed by Actual Final Boss Nashim Gan Eden deciding to do something awful in the name of preventing him or someone like him from returning and the players having to stop her. Incidentally, I hope Ganlong shows up in addition to those JakuBuOh pilots, at least as a cameo.
    3) followed by Secret Boss AI1 when Nashim is defeated and Eldy (Erde?) decides to hijack the Gan Eden system the way she hijacked the Star of La Mu at the end of MX.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Gotta say I'm pretty damned excited about this myself. It's a bit sad there will be no J, and that it obviously won't make it to English. but the PS3 is region free, and unreadable Japanese dialogue hasn't stopped me from enjoying Z2.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Gotta say I'm pretty damned excited about this myself. It's a bit sad there will be no J, and that it obviously won't make it to English. but the PS3 is region free, and unreadable Japanese dialogue hasn't stopped me from enjoying Z2.
    I think they've hit the realistic cap on new series introduced as it is. J, Z, and Alpha 3 can all come in next game so we can have all the Everybody's Dead, Dave ladies in one game.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

I don't mind Judgement's originals not being in the game. W or L, I'll give you that - but I'd sooner see Mist in an OG title than "Generic" Touya or "Stockholm Syndrome" Calvina.

One good thing about J being fan-translated is that everyone can see how bad its original plot and protagonists are now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2012-08-28 at 11:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I dunno, they're still more developed than some of the older ones. The writing, characterization, and crossover overall is pretty awful, though, I'll give you that even as someone who enjoyed J. I'm at least thankful for Aerie's amusing localizations, like the "King of Bros" line.

I don't really see a problem with how Calvina's storyline goes, though, largely because we get to see Al-Van's story and his remorse progressing at the same time. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with forgiving and even saving a genuinely remorseful enemy. Going back to being in love with him...is an unfortunate stretch, but whatever this game has Brainpowered in it it doesn't have to explain ****.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    I don't really see a problem with how Calvina's storyline goes, though, largely because we get to see Al-Van's story and his remorse progressing at the same time. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with forgiving and even saving a genuinely remorseful enemy. Going back to being in love with him...is an unfortunate stretch, but whatever this game has Brainpowered in it it doesn't have to explain ****.
    And it doesn't. I know more about Gundam SEED and Zeorymer now thanks to J than I know about Brainpowered. And I've not seen any of those series.

But yeah, trying to introduce all 5 main characters from J, as well as everything else going on would be a stretch.

Could see it in the next game though, the Vorlent/Raftclans would definitely have to be a super secret unit though. And perhaps make one of the initial trio of units only available in a New Game+ or something. Who knows.

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

And it doesn't. I know more about Gundam SEED and Zeorymer now thanks to J than I know about Brainpowered. And I've not seen any of those series.

But yeah, trying to introduce all 5 main characters from J, as well as everything else going on would be a stretch.

Could see it in the next game though, the Vorlent/Raftclans would definitely have to be a super secret unit though. And perhaps make one of the initial trio of units only available in a New Game+ or something. Who knows.
    One or two people on /m/ seem to want to make Fu-Lu recruitable to pilot the third one, which would be alright by me but a bit of a stretch. Banpresto's also been willing in the past to give two units with only one available pilot, i.e. Angelg and Vysaga. No reason to think they wouldn't do 2 pilots in 3 units.

Also my reference to Brainpowered was that it had a lot of completely bull**** power-of-love moments like most "Happy Tomino" series, but it really is pretty incomprehensible. And also had its finale stuck on a route split in this game.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2012-08-29 at 12:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't see importing the five J characters any more difficult than the eight Alpha 1 heroes was.

My idea was:

Each of the three Fury Girls steals one of the mechs and runs. One ends up with the Hagane crew and encounters Touya (I'm thinking she has the Costuwell), One ends up with the Hiryu crew and meets Calvina (with the Bellzute), and the third with Granteed ends up lost for a while, and either shows up later to help the group out or encounters the Valstork.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Aile Chevalier looks like it is trying way too hard to be Gundam 00.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Except that SRW D came first. Also, I like Aile Chevalier and don't like most Gundam 00 designs much, especially the titular unit.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Except that SRW D came first. Also, I like Aile Chevalier and don't like most Gundam 00 designs much, especially the titular unit.
    Eh, 00 looks much better after its upgrade.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SAMAS View Post
    I don't see importing the five J characters any more difficult than the eight Alpha 1 heroes was.

My idea was:

Each of the three Fury Girls steals one of the mechs and runs. One ends up with the Hagane crew and encounters Touya (I'm thinking she has the Costuwell), One ends up with the Hiryu crew and meets Calvina (with the Bellzute), and the third with Granteed ends up lost for a while, and either shows up later to help the group out or encounters the Valstork.
    That alone says why it should remain for the 3rd Super Robot Wars OG. It'd be loading the game way too much, and they're already pretty bulky. However, it'd be sad to cut most of the meat.

For example: Kyosuke, Excellen, Axel, Lamia and Alchemie had their stories finished on OG 2, so there's little use to them. However, having them disappear would be unfair. They're already at the peak of their power regarding their original series, whereas other characters don't (Irm gets Grungust Custom now, for example), and aside from one or two things, they're due for an upgrade (Axel gets one with the Golden Arm, which isn't from the Zwei as I thought but rather the upgrade it gets after he reappears with the Shadow-Mirror to help the Inspectors). They could be culled, but Kyosuke and Axel are fan-faves, so they have to remain (I wouldn't be as excited to import SRW if it weren't for Axel, to give an example).

So, who else? You can't take away the Alpha heroes because their stories are still incomplete (no Hyperion, no Shin RyuKoOh/KoRyuOh but we're pretty close to it, and most importantly only glimpses of SRX Altered Banpreios), and the group hasn't even finished with Balmar (which I suppose will be this game's ending scenarios). Gilliam might be culled, but we haven't seen (and perhaps never will, but that'd be awesome) the XN-Geist (and probably a return of Vindel and the Zwei).

The amount of series "introduced" is pretty small, as well: SRW D, Lost Children, Real Robot Regiment, and some stuff from the Inspectors. That's fine, as the amount of stories in OG2 pretty much halted the Alpha storyline from scratch. It's necessary to have some series in stock for latter installments, even if the 3rd SRW OG is essentially having your party travel to Balmar but no new people appearing. That might be left for, say, whenever they feel like tackling the Z storyline (then the games would be called SRW OGZ?)

Suggesting to introduce both SRW D and W in the 2nd SRW OG is overloading the game a bit too much. They already have a LOAD of material unreleased. Let's get happy with what we get, and then hope that the Earth Federation Corps really makes a number on the Ze Balmary Empire.

That said: the Guests storyline is incomplete:
    Spoiler
    Show
    BAMCO, WHERE IS MY CYBER-MEKIBOS AND ZEZENIQUE!? That said, WHERE IN HEATHENLY TARNATION ARE THE REST OF THE MASOUKISHIN!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
    On Lawful Good:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

That and if you added anything else to the Alteisien, it would probably get so heavy that it would collapse in upon itself to become a black hole.
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Aile Chevalier looks like it is trying way too hard to be Gundam 00.
    condescendingwonka dot jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Eh, 00 looks much better after its upgrade.
    If you like WoW-tier shoulder spikes, sure.

T. G. Oskar:

In long-running subseries, the tradition has always been to keep around "core" people whose plots have finished in mentorly/advisorly/friendship roles to new cast members, regardless of whether this massively overloads the game with pilots you'll never get to use. See: Amuro and Kouji in Alpha 3. And the Evangelion kids, but they got a little bit of new plot too, presumably to make up for being stapled to Kira and pals for most of the game. I really doubt they're going to be getting rid of anyone unless they're simply judged to be too unpopular and have a reasonable plot excuse to leave, like Garnet/Giado.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Originals wishlist, or what titles' protags/plots I want to see in the OG subseries:

-SRW L
    -SRW Neo
    -SRW K, for trolling/curiosity

Anything else either was in OG already, I don't care about it appearing much, or has no chance in hell to be there. SRW 64 springs to mind, and for shame.

EDIT: I forgot SRW W, but I feel this one's is less of an "if" and more "when".
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2012-09-13 at 02:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Darn, news about The 2nd SRW OG take a lot of time to appear.

Thing is: new trailer! Whoo!!

You can watch it here, or the YouTube version over here.

Also, Nerd-o-Rama: I guess the reason Cybuster gets Ranbu no Tachi is because it'll get close to completion. Or something. The Masoukishin are here!! ABOUT FRICKIN' TIME!!! ...Well, at least Mio and Tytti...
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2012-10-29 at 03:20 PM.
    On Lawful Good:

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

If I could do photoshop, here is where I'd put an 'ALL THE THINGS' meme, but with Cybuster and 'ALL THE MASOUKISHIN!'

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

If I could do photoshop, here is where I'd put an 'ALL THE THINGS' meme, but with Cybuster and 'ALL THE MASOUKISHIN!'
    Why not one-up it?

What are the chances that the artist Playgrounders can whip up a meme having the Masoukishin done Hussie-style?

But yes, it's all the Masoukishin. All of them.

...Heck, even Volkruss is making an appearance!

Also: noticed the bit of Rampage Ghost in HD? Or the new Aggressors formation attack mixing the Formation attack from SRW Z and the dual-screen attacks from SRW OGG?

...Dat Terada.
    On Lawful Good:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Also: noticed the bit of Rampage Ghost in HD? Or the new Aggressors formation attack mixing the Formation attack from SRW Z and the dual-screen attacks from SRW OGG?

...Dat Terada.
    That's actually a specific thing with the 4 mechs attacking at once, a new feature as it were, can't remember the name of it at the moment.

I just wish I could justify the $200 to import the special edition that comes with the model of Katina's new Gespenst.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Hate to double post, but a preview of the first stage is out. And there's like...actual cutscenes with stuff going on while people talk!

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Hate to double post, but a preview of the first stage is out. And there's like...actual cutscenes with stuff going on while people talk!
    Holy **** really? I've been waiting for that since I started playing the non-GBA games. I need to watch this when I get home.

Unless you mean on-map events like they've been gradually adding more of as the games have gone on, but those are cool too.

And yes. ALL the Masoukishin. It looks like /m/ was right eons ago when they guessed the primary plots of the next OG game would be Alpha 2, D, MX, and EX.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Whelp, it seems we'll ALSO get Raul and Fiona (the SRW R team) for the 2nd SRW OG. No wonder why they're shifting to Formations: the sheer amount of units has probably dwarved any cast from a non-OG SRW game.

The question should be: who's not returning? Bets are Radha finally retires (unless they improve the Schutzwald). Then again, just for kicks, Giado and Garnet might return and pilot a unique mecha that serves as a cradle for their child or something.

Also: quite impressed with the cutscene. It seems they're going for dynamic cutscenes, even if most of the discussion is basically having the same scene looping over and over. Then again, the classical "room" discussions will be there...

Also: DARN, these things have huge Accuracy! I would have bet that, given the training, that Astelion AX is built for fast maneuvering, and that they're on flying mode (meaning they get increased Evasion), that it'd be like hitting a jet on OG1, but she gets hit twice? And each hit dealing 1/3rd of the damage...luckily there's a healer nearby.
    On Lawful Good:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

We already had Raul and Fiona in OG Gaiden. Complete with the R original plot, so I'm not sure is there anything left for this game.

And come on, don't act as if hitting Captain Crash Ibis was some extraordinarily difficult feat. Poor hot-blooded moe.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Okay, I see what you mean now. That does at least keep your eyes engaged more, even if it's still way too many words. Also I guess as test pilots themselves, Raul and Fiona (and Despinis) are helping out Project TD.

"Excellence Rescue"...well, I think that's what the stupid thing was supposed to be for in the first place. And hooray for the proper Altairion, even if Ibis insists on trashing it. And of course, where there is Altairion, there is Char Sleigh and Vegalion...
    Spoiler
    Show