New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Man...

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

furious Man...

Earlier this year, I pledged a tidy sum to the Order of the Stick Kickstarter, to support Rich and to finally get a complete hard copy of the series that I love.

Last week, I finally got the e-mail confirming my package was on its way. Sweet!

Today, after a lengthy investigation, I'm now trying to come to terms with the fact that the package was stolen from my doorstep.

I hope the thief enjoys the series as much as I do.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

eek Re: Man...

Wow, that's really terrible. At least you'll still get the digital stuff that comes with the drive.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Man...

Do you have a dog?, You might be able to use it to track who stole it. I realize it's just a comic, but you should never offer any tolerence towards thievery.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #4

No dogs. I was actually at home when the mailman dropped it off, but I was busy at the time, and I didn't go check until a few hours later. A few hours too late.

I do look forward to the digital stuff, yeah. Unfortunately I'd also ordered Schticky Shticks and The Shortening.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Have you checked the post office? Sometimes a postal worker will choose not to leave a package unattended, and the note thingy will get blown away.

I don't live in the best neighborhood and I know for a fact my postal worker won't leave packages on the doorstep. He'll knock, and if he gets no answer he'll leave that little note thingy in the mailbox. He's a decent guy that way.

If that's not what happened, that sucks man. Hopefully the blighter will get what's coming to him.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Have to say, I'm surprised the post in *any* area are willing to leave a package on someone's doorstep in full view of the road--they should either leave it with a neighbour or take it away again and leave a "pick up at post office" note if they can't deliver it properly.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JMobius View Post
    No dogs. I was actually at home when the mailman dropped it off, but I was busy at the time, and I didn't go check until a few hours later. A few hours too late.
    Now see, that wasn't very smart in the first place. In what kind of place do you live? I'd never do this in a city, not even in the town where I live. Out in the country, sure.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #8

If you didn't respond to the door at the time, then it's the Post Office's fault for not leaving a note through your door and holding on to the package.

One time my parents ordered me some books off of Amazon, but we were on holiday when they arrived. We discovered when we returned that the person delivering had just left them out on the doorstep, and a fox or something had gotten at them, since the books were scattered over the front garden. Amazon were understanding, and sent another pack, though.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

9. - Top - End - #9

I'm fortunate enough to live in a very upscale area in the much advertised "safest city in the U.S.", so things like the security of leaving a package on my doorstep for a few hours isn't something that I concern myself with as much as I apparently should.

I'm pretty sure it did get jacked, though. The tracking number Ookadook gave me says it was "confirmed delivered", and it isn't present on my doorstep, mailbox, or in the office for my apartment complex. Most of the delivery services drop stuff off at the office when I'm not home, but apparently not the USPS.

I'm kind of tempted to see if I can share my sob story with Ookadook and maybe negotiate some kind of discount on a replacement, if they've still got the stuff for them.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Report it stolen to USPS if you haven't already. They generally don't take this sort of thing lightly, though I doubt they'd be able to catch a package grabber.

At the very least though, you'd have documentation for if you try to get a replacement sent.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Report it stolen to USPS if you haven't already. They generally don't take this sort of thing lightly, though I doubt they'd be able to catch a package grabber.

At the very least though, you'd have documentation for if you try to get a replacement sent.
    "Not lightly" meaning "it's a felony offense." On the other hand, it would be a difficult investigation.

12. - Top - End - #12

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by JMobius View Post
    I'm fortunate enough to live in a very upscale area in the much advertised "safest city in the U.S.", so things like the security of leaving a package on my doorstep for a few hours isn't something that I concern myself with as much as I apparently should.

I'm pretty sure it did get jacked, though. The tracking number Ookadook gave me says it was "confirmed delivered", and it isn't present on my doorstep, mailbox, or in the office for my apartment complex. Most of the delivery services drop stuff off at the office when I'm not home, but apparently not the USPS.

I'm kind of tempted to see if I can share my sob story with Ookadook and maybe negotiate some kind of discount on a replacement, if they've still got the stuff for them.
    I had ordered some school books from Amazon and they were taking a super long time getting to my house. I checked the tracking number and it also said 'confirmed delivered' and it turns out the delivery driver had it in his truck and hadn't gotten to it for a couple days. I had also complained to Amazon and they sent new books to my house (which I returned because my package was delivered).

I think that if you can provide a copy of the delivery confirmation that Ookadook might be willing to help you out in some way (at least I'd hope they will).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Yeah, this kinda thing has happened to me on stuff before. Normally, you inform the delivery people and they start an investigation. After they finish their investigation contact the original sender, they will make whatever choice they wish. Then you contact the delivery people again, and tell them what the sender had said. At that point, SOMEONE will do something. If there is enough to replace what you had sent, the post office after their investigation may very well pay for it. If not, maybe when Rich is feeling better he'll do something about it.

The important thing is to make sure you get in contact with the USPS and make sure they are informed their is a package snatcher in the area. If only because this will make them more wary to leave packages on your front step in the future, and prevent this kind of thing.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Really sorry to hear that

I have had occasions where the tracking number said "delivered" and it hadn't actually been delivered, so please do check with the USPS just in case. And if they don't have it, tell Ookoodook. They may just factor in a certain number of replacement items into their costs...

But both my mom and I have had packages actually stolen off the porch, too. My mom (in a very safe town) had a big batch of holiday gifts she'd ordered from Amazon stolen off the front porch after UPS left them. They found the empty boxes tossed in the woods nearby. We called Amazon just to try and match up the tracking numbers and packages to see which items would need to be re-ordered, and straightaway they just said "tell us the tracking numbers and we will replace them at no cost." Amazing service from them.

If you never end up getting your stuff, I will most likely have some extras of some of the Kickstarter-specific things (art print, magnets, stickers, coloring books etc.) and I'd be happy to give them to you. I won't get them for a while, though (they're drawings so it will have to wait till Rich is better).

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Report it straight away.
    As someone who has worked for a courier company for a little while, this sort of thing is, while not very common in the area where I live, very annoying for the courier as it takes ages for the company to do their investigation and then the insurance companies twiddle their thumbs for a while... All of which costs the courier money and causes you undue stress and annoyance.

If you live in an apartment building, let the desk staff/property manager know, the very least they can do is send out a flyer asking if anyone knows anything about your packages going missing.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

If you're worried about this happening again, try and get a post office box or a parcel receiver service. That way you know your parcel is secure and no one walks off with it.
    And people do just steal them.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM