New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

tongue Super Fighting Robot, Megaman!

So long story short, when I began this campaign I am now currently in and wanted to be a warforged, this being my first tiem playing d&d ever, and my DMs first encounter with the little buggers, we agreed on my being a warforged scout. Well, through play, mine and my DMs love of megaman and the X series, he pretty much got megamaned. He got a buster and the like etc, got a charge shot, slide etc. Well I was looking at Docent and shot them by him. Instead of the normal bonuses the DM decided to say "F-this, I can make them better, and boy, you are going to need it." Suffice to say after this last session, I had a choice between three "armor upgrades" essentially slapping me into X status with his shadow armor from X6.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My other choices included the blade armor or his X4 armor with a 5% chance to become the ult armor from the series, but I preferred the look of the Shadow Armor, and it also fit my characters theme much better.

With this I got a Z saber, which is fun, along with a few abilities that translate from in game to D&D, such as spider climb at will, stealth bonus, Getting slapped up to medium size instead of small, which I took, etc. In any case, I am a rogue 10/ swordsage 4 at the moment, (we also just leveled, and I am putting it into ss to be 10/rogue 5/ss.) My biggest question is what maneuvers and stances would you recommended reflect this transition. I am mostly using shadow hand and Diamond mind at the moment along with a few Desert wind to reflect both X's and Zero's fight styles, since the armor combines the two together essentially in game with more focus being on melee rather than range now. Stances include, child of shadow, Holocaust cloak and Assassin's Stance at the moment. What ones would you choose next for some maneuvers and stances. I am planning on taking ss until 10 as well for a split of 10/10, but ideas to fit the theme such as more rogue, or prestige are welcome as well.

TL:DR:

Warforged scout got bumped to medium size and now reflects X from Megaman X6 in his shadow armor, suggestions for feats, stances, maneuvers, and possible class selection for the last five levels to continue reflecting his fighting style of single handed combat and stealth.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Super Fighting Robot, Megaman!

First off, that's awesome as all hell and I love it. Secondly, I would say Shadow Armor is a good choice since you're already a rogue, as Blade would be more about mobility and hitting hard, and finding a way to adapt Ultimate to the game and give it to someone would just end horribly. Third, Shadow Hand would definitely fit best in my view, although it would probably be a good idea if you took some Desert Wind, at least enough to get Fan the Flames since it fits perfectly. As far as specific maneuvers, well you won't be high enough level to get the really nice awesome ones sadly, but stuff like Shadow Blade would be cool to make sure that you hit, and the Gem Nightmare Blades from Diamond Mind would probably be cool too. Please keep this updated with how stuff turns out, I desperately want to know.
    καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει, καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν. John 1:05

Thanks to Cuthalion for the awesome avatar!

78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.

Spoiler
    Show
    A camp of cyclops on a partially-dead magically-blighted plain.

ThiagoMartel:
    Anime is a media, not a genre. Banning something for being 'too anime' is like banning something for being 'too book'.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Redwolf View Post
    First off, that's awesome as all hell and I love it. Secondly, I would say Shadow Armor is a good choice since you're already a rogue, as Blade would be more about mobility and hitting hard, and finding a way to adapt Ultimate to the game and give it to someone would just end horribly. Third, Shadow Hand would definitely fit best in my view, although it would probably be a good idea if you took some Desert Wind, at least enough to get Fan the Flames since it fits perfectly. As far as specific maneuvers, well you won't be high enough level to get the really nice awesome ones sadly, but stuff like Shadow Blade would be cool to make sure that you hit, and the Gem Nightmare Blades from Diamond Mind would probably be cool too. Please keep this updated with how stuff turns out, I desperately want to know.
    Sure, while granted I do not get the best, I come close, with taking 10/10 I get to 15th IL which nets me level eight, just barely.

As for maneuvers I have now, I took Counter Charge, Baffling Defense, Distracting Ember, Death Mark, Shadow Stride, Blood Letting Strike, Cloak of Deception, Mind Over body, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, and Fire Riposte.
    Last edited by HunterColt22; 2012-10-30 at 11:03 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Well, if you can swing it, I would actually recommend taking Emerald Razor instead of Baffling Defense, unless you're getting hit a lot and already have the points in Sense Motive. I'd also recommend against Counter Charge, generally. Given what I've seen of your build, I'd also recommend having Clinging Shadow Strike instead of Sapphire Nightmare Blade. If you want more specific help on Swordsages, go check out the handbook in my sig. It's still in progress, but I'm updating basically as we speak. I expect to be mostly done by the end of the week.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

RogueGuy

Emerald Razor I can see, and is helpful, but the funny thing is I don't really need it anymore actually. With the change my DM bumped my BaB to fighter levels. I just went with the flow and have loved it since then. Again I would love clinging shadow, but honestly, It is not going to do much, 1d6 at this level is not anything to write home about, and being a warforged the penalties to wis generally make the DC easily passable at this level of play. (12 DC fort save, that even a wizard could make with relative ease at this level? ) If I had started SS earlier, than god these would be on my list.

Also nice shameless plug. I have looked over it and you are doing well so far. Though you may want to bump blood letting strike up to cyan because of two things: One, you still deal all your other damage on top of the con damage. Guaranteed two con damage as long as you hit, and compared to the other strike that has the same use, no one has to be in contact with the ground for it to work correctly. Again though, the handbook is looking well thus far, and I look forward to seeing what you ad for multi classing and prestige classes, since neither of the other books came even close to that.