Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 279
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Your last job was a harrowing one. Transportation of...something...to the Cormyr prison city of Wheloon from the free Sembian city of Daerlun. The toughest part was making it through the Vast Swamp on your way West. Being paid to escort, not kill, you mainly drove off would be thieves, lizardmen, even an ambitious, if immature, black dragon.

    The payment in Wheloon was generous as promised. Knowing that the city of Arabel is known for its markets and general availability of spectacular things, you made your way there to purchase gear, supplies, and just spend some money.


    Its dark outside and you have all gathered into the Gilded Lady for supper and drink. The tavern is quite crowded tonight, likely due to the cold rain. The large stone hearth is blazing with a warm fire. Several patrons lounge on the leather couch and arm chairs, most enjoying a pipe. The booths near the about half full with folks eating an drinking. The tables in the center and the bar itself are mostly empty, being the favored drinking spots of the late night locals. Overhead large globes of mage light burn bright and steady with a warm glow. The walls are covered with paintings and carvings of Cormyr knights in battle against Netherese wizards and their minions. The bar is well stocked and you can get just about any drink you want. The kitchen is equally well furnished, offering many dishes at any one time.

    Your rooms are up the covered stairs that head up the outer wall. Tonight seems like a normal one. People are enjoying their food, a pair of lovers eyes each other in a booth over drinks. The only odd thing was that about an hour ago a man burst through the door, soaking wet. He was out of breath but immediately headed straight for the corner booth and hunkered down. He has had only water since then and the barkeep is becoming a bit annoyed that he isn't ordering anything.

    You all noticed when the man burst in but he has since slipped most of your minds as you talk about where your little group might go next.

    *Please describe your character (visually and how they might be feeling). Make it clear where they are in the bar and feel free to chat a little with each other. Feel free to create any details you see fit of the groups previous adventures. This is your game as much as mine.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-30 at 02:31 PM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Immeral couldn’t wait to unwind after that last mission. His hair is no longer in a ponytail it now hangs freely just above his shoulders. He finds a seat that is close to his comrades and as close as he can get to the hearth. He is now thinking about what to eat before he goes to sleep. But he can’t ignore that suspicious guy in the corner. Even though he wants to, he knows that there is bound to be a situation with that guy sooner or later. But for now he will relax with his group and relax with a nice meal and perhaps an ale or 2.
    Last edited by Kevin Burns; 2012-10-30 at 04:02 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Kale, Genasi Swordmage
    Kale noticed the man walk through the door. He eyed him with great suspicion for a little while, but then stopped paying attention to him, only looking at him from time to time after that.

    Were you to look at Kale, you would not be sure exactly what Genasi to call him, if you aren't familiar with rare genasi types. He looked like a firesoul, but no firesoul you had really ever seen. He seemed more to be like wood from a fire, turned into lowly lit coals at the end of the night, with a subdued glow like said burning coals. Kale's hair, like most Genasi, also was tied in to his manifistation, and looks like a campfire on a windy night, kicking up ash that had cinders in it as well. There was no actual ash or cinders that fell anywhere, but his hair seemed to always be moving. His skin was black, but had veins of that same glowing coal red coursing around, on the pieces of skin that wasn't covered by his pants, belt, boots, and leather armor. His khopesh hung at his side, never far from being drawn if the need arose, and he never left his little charges side.

    He ordered an ale, and a milk for Maria, keeping a watchful eye over her, and anyone keeping too close an eye on her. Kale was always grateful when the got done with a job and his little one was unharmed. It meant he did his job correctly and didn't have to worry quite as much. He liked always being on the move and doing different odd jobs here and there, meant it was harder to track them. Though he did wish that he wasn't so noticeable as a Cindersoul....but that is something he has been working on....
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-31 at 12:03 AM.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AvianMalkavian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    "..but the Earthmother was weakened by the vile corruption of Kazgoroth's presence upon her land. And so, she awakened her children, mortal aspects of the Earthmother herself, the Leviathan, the Wolf Pack, and Kamerynn the Unicorn to defend her and the people of the Moonshae's against the darkness of the Beast. And tomorrow I will tell of what happened next."

    Freja smiled lightly as she finished braiding Maria's hair in the style of the Ffolk, one that she had worn many times in the past. She offered a nod to Kale when he ordered a suitable drink for the child, patting their youngest traveling companion on the head before getting up to procure a pint of mead for herself. She made note of the man in the corner, still there after his abrupt entrance. Something about him seemed off to her, and so the Skald decided it would be best to keep an eye on him.

    Returning to their small gathering, drink in hand, Freja sat back down and relaxed beside the warm fire, "So, with the job done, where do we go from here? I've often heard that there's always steady work in Athkatla, if not always honest."
    Last edited by AvianMalkavian; 2012-10-30 at 04:50 PM.
    Amazing ponified avatar by Madcrafter!

    Original avatar by the awesome Savannah:
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Sitting near the hearth, warming herself near the fire, was a small girl, who stood just a few inches short of four feet. She was a smallish, slightly thin girl, though not too thin, fairskinned with long, wavy, reddish brown hair and hazel eyes. Her clothing consisted of a blue shirt, brown pants, a pair of black boots, and a hooded green cloak. Sitting in between her legs was a backpack with she purposely placed there to be within arms' reach and to make it not so easily accessible to anyone but her or those she trusted. While she was small for her age and might actually look younger, she was 9 years old, human, and the youngest member of the party.

    For Maria, the job was a baptism of fire for her. A sort of coming out party so to speak as an adventurer. Which for a 9 year old girl was a lot more significant. Even if she was a wizard. She had to learn to travel on foot more than she was used, get used to rations instead of real food, and constantly be on alert for trouble. Mind you she did her best and somehow managed, but still she had a lot to learn. As the weeks passed by, she grew more and more used to tired feet and cold weather and sleeping on the hard ground. In some ways she was starting to enjoy it now. Despite the danger it was more fun than she had thought it to be. She was even able to get a new cloak to replace the original one she had that got singed by the breath of the black dragon that had attacked them. It was a boon for her since the cloak also provided her with extra magical protection.

    The girl largely minded her own business and let the adult members of the party decide what the next move was. For her she wanted to relax after a long day of travel and enjoy a warm, soft bed to sleep in when she goes up to sleep. The girl notices the rather wet and disheveled looking man bursting into the bar and taking a seat in one of the booths. She pays no mind to him anyways and continues drinking her milk while staring into the fire lost in her thoughts. Smiling at Freja after she braids her hair and returns with the mead in her hand.

    "Well as long as we don't run into dragons I will be fine with it.", Maria says and then she glances over to the disheveled man in the booth, "I wonder what is it with him?"
    Last edited by onlie2005; 2012-10-30 at 09:44 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    "Athkatla, sounds ok though honest work may be a stretch. What do you guys think, Athkatla?" I head to the bar for an ale. "Anyone want anything else, how about you kiddo?" I say with a wink.
    Last edited by Kevin Burns; 2012-10-30 at 05:34 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas, USA

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Bert, Human Fighter

    Bert sat quietly not too far from Freja and Maria, listening to the bard's story unfold. Having such a sheltered adolescence and not having met outsiders until recently had left him still in some ways a child at heart---although most wouldn't guess it from his scruffy appearance and strong arms---and thus he always enjoyed hearing Freja's new and exotic tales, even if they were just children's stories. As the tale wrapped up, he sipped his wine and lazily watched the tavern's patrons, intrigued to see so many outlandish sorts of people he had never encountered before. He made a point of keeping an eye on Maria as well, although not to the exclusion of everyone else, as Kale seemed (as usual) to have the situation under control.

    "Athkatla?" he asked when he hears the others' discussion. "I thought that was a big city. Wouldn't our services be more useful out in the wilderness? In this last trip we found more than enough problems that needed solving out there; I'm sure there are still more waiting for us."
    Last edited by Rjanag; 2012-10-30 at 11:16 PM. Reason: sorry, wrong tense!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Kale, Genasi Swordmage
    Kale hears talk about going to a bigger city to find work. "No," he says with a little more force than intended, "Bert is right, there is much to do around here, no need to wander into the larger cities.....I am not overly fond of them. Most Genasi are welcomed well enough.....but one such as me may not be welcomed quite so well." It was true that he didn't like the bigger cities, but his motives were different. Bigger cities mean more eyes, and Kale would like to avoid as many eyes upon his litte one as he could. Seeming to take a softer tone, which he only used with one person, he continued, "What do you think little one? Where should we go next?" Taking some of her hair that was braided by Freja, picking it up and inspecting it, and then putting it back down.

    Truthfully Kale was relieved that Maria and he could trust Freja, and they Maria warmed to her so. He had no idea how to handle, or raise, a little girl, that was for certain. So he was grateful for Freja's motherly-like influence over the girl. All he had known of his childhood was death, pain, and suffering, he knew nothing of what children liked or wanted. But there was nothing in this world, or in all the others, that would tear her away from him while he still drew breath, and he was willing to make any pact with any power to ensure that she lived a full and happy life, and that Tamm paid for his crimes with his life and soul, in a very, very painful way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the really long post, but I started writing and it just came out of my fingers, I couldn't help it and didn't want to stop it
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-31 at 12:33 AM.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    I walk up to the bar. “Hi, I would like an ale and whatever the meal is for this evening and” I lean in closer. “Who is that guy?” I nod in the direction of the guy in the corner.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    An athletic build figure draped in entirely black attire- cloak, hide armor, pants, boots- was sitting next to Bert, withdrawing himself from their conversations as usual. From afar, he would be noticed as a black breathing statue of shadow and darkness- calm, cold and dangerous looking. His cloak covered most of his body, leaving only the hilt of his scimitar protruding out prominently, as a warning to let petty bandits and such to think twice before trying their luck on the wrong quarry.

    Natshikrak pulled his hood lower to allow the shadow to cover more of his face, leaving only his blue tinted gleaming eyes peering into the surroundings.

    He had recently joined this band of mercenary, escorting some goods to Wheloon. It was not a job taken up by choice, but assigned by his secret organization Bregan D'aerthe. He had no say in what he would take or not, it was a blood debt that he had to pay, in exchange for the protection he would get against his enemies, of his own kind- drow. This was his first assignment, and he was pleased that all went well.

    For hours, he had been waiting. His pair of blue orbs darted across the room frequently to look for the agent who would contact him to delegate his next assignment.

    "Some ale, please"
    Natshikrak called out in a low measured voice to the nearest waitress.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Maria eyed the disheveled man for a moment before answering Kale. She herself was not sure what else to do. Nor was she sure where to go next. She thought for a moment, thinking of the options. Although having lived only in Shadowdale for the most part of her life and just starting adventuring, familiarity with the current region was not her strongest subject. After politely shaking her head in answer to Immeral(she had already eaten), she answered, "Well why don't we ask around here first if there are any jobs for us adventurers? Surely there must be bulletin boards or notices around town indicating employment of some sort. Why travel to another city, especially in this weather?"
    Last edited by onlie2005; 2012-10-31 at 01:53 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Burns View Post
    Hi, I would like an ale and whatever the meal is for this evening and” I lean in closer. “Who is that guy?
    The bartender stands polishing a mug for a moment with a not so white rag. "Ah ain't never seen 'im bef'r in mah life. Dah yah want the pork er the beef?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Solinvitus View Post

    "Some ale, please"
    Natshikrak called out in a low measured voice to the nearest waitress.
    The serving woman startles a bit at the Drow's sudden request but the makes a small curtsy and fetches him an ale. The beer is a dark amber color and is quite good. Cormryan ale seems to always be good.

    Immeral sits down to the bar to eat his meal.

    As if on cue to Marianna's words, the southern door bangs open. Wind gusts through, soaking to floor in front of it. A tall woman of thin build walks in, pulling back her hood and shaking off the rain. Under her brown, waxed canvas slicker black leather with red stitching is apparent. She carries two broad punching daggers, exotic weapons by the looks of em, on her hips. The only skin you can see, her face, has a gray palor to it. Her ears are filled with steel rings and black stylized tattoos creep up out of her tight collar.

    Behind her you can see a crew of large shapes approaching the door. Big men walk through the door. All are cloaked and brandishing some sort of weaponry. Cudgels and clubs mostly but a few hold shortswords. Most have small one handed crossbows as well. The Northern door opens then too and several more armed me come through, with more clearly outside.

    The man in the corner goes white a sheet. He clutches at a small pin on his jacket and looks about frantically. The woman begins to slowly walk towards hit, talking as she moves. "You would all do well to leave us alone. Our quarrel is with this man, not with you. Once we are gone, forget we were ever here." Three of the men walk behind her, weapons drawn.

    She lays a hand on the man's shoulder and lifts him out of the booth with one arm. Her lithe strength is clear to you all, if not to the regular partons.

    "HELP! HELP!" cries the man as she begins to drag him away.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Kale, Genasi Swordmage
    Not one to want to interfere with others affairs, but certainly not one to be told what to do, Kale speaks up, "And what was his crime, hunter-woman of scared men?"
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-31 at 01:52 PM.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AvianMalkavian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Freja rose to her feet at the latest sudden intrusion into the Inn. She watched the men as they entered, wary of them and their apparent leader. Of course, when they grabbed the man, she couldn't help but grin and reach for her sword. She hadn't had a good fight in days, and her Northern blood was already surging through her at the promise of a bit of rough-and-tumble, "And I thought tonight was going to be boring."
    Last edited by AvianMalkavian; 2012-10-31 at 02:00 PM.
    Amazing ponified avatar by Madcrafter!

    Original avatar by the awesome Savannah:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Maria slowly pulls out her wand from her right pants pocket. She looks to the others and waits for the woman to answer Kale's question.

    Spoiler
    Show
    These rolls are to determine the nature of the tattoos on the woman, the type of pin the scared man is wearing, and the motives of those involved as best as Maria can.

    Perception Check:(1d20+3)[11]
    Arcana Check:(1d20+11)[30]
    Religion Check:(1d20+11)[19]
    Insight Check:(1d20+8)[20]


  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_D&Der View Post
    "And what was his crime, hunter-woman of scared men?"
    "Stay out of this elemental, its none of your kind's concern." she says, and keeps on dragging the man towards the door.

    *The people near the fireplace (Kale, Marianna, Freja, Natshikrak, Bert) are ~ 15-20 feet away from the Woman.
    *Immeral at the bar is about 30 feet away.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-31 at 02:15 PM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Kale, Genasi Swordmage
    The only warning anyone had that Kale was doing anything was a bright flare from all of his "cinder" parts, hair burning brightly, and all at once his khopesh was out and he was running for the woman, "My kind will burn you!!"
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-31 at 02:25 PM.


    LGBTAIitp Ally

    Irish Avatar by Savannah

    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tak, Half-Orc Slayer
    Garr, Human Barbarian
    Thornin, Dwarf Fighter
    Samael, Elf Avenger
    Odin, Dwarven Cleric of Moradin
    Necia, Half-Orc Monk

    DMing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Immeral looks at his food and then at the woman and back to his food and then to his group. He rolls his eyes and draws his dagger and short sword. "I knew he was going to be trouble." Immeral whispered.
    Last edited by Kevin Burns; 2012-10-31 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Dice

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Natshikrak emptied the ale, placed the mug on the table and gradually stood on his feet. "This is troublesome..." He whispered under his breath, and his both hands reached for his blades,"What crime has he committed? SPEAK!" He raised his voice on the last word with threatening tone."Otherwise, let him go!" The dark elf sauntered toward the intruders, soles of his boots knocked on the wooden floor in a four beat rhythm, raising the tension of the situation with every step he took. Even from the shadow of his hood, one could see his thin lips curled back into a smile, and his eyes gleamed menacingly.

    [roll]1d20[/roll]
    Last edited by Solinvitus; 2012-10-31 at 03:09 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AvianMalkavian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Freja drew her sword, watching as the others reacted to Kale's rather.. direct approach to the situation. Looking to Maria, she smiled, "Don't worry. I'll keep you safe."
    Amazing ponified avatar by Madcrafter!

    Original avatar by the awesome Savannah:
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas, USA

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Bert, Human Fighter

    When the newcomers barge in, Bert looks up, ceasing his random people-watching and focusing intently on the woman and her entourage. He places his hand on his axe, ready to react if needed, but doesn't move at first. Something about the situation doesn't sit right with him---Don't cities like this usually have guards in uniforms that deal with arrests like this? These people don't look like what I've heard about...---but he's too unsure of the city ways to be sure who's right and who's wrong here. When Kale accosts the woman, Bert waits intently for her answer.

    When Kale suddenly rushes forward, though, Bert sprints to his feet. So much for taking things slow... He moves in front of Maria and whispers, Stay out of trouble, little girl. Bert stands fast and holds out his arms, axe in one hand, preparing to receive the first foe that comes at him or one of his companions.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative: (1d20+2)[19]
    Readying an action: Charge and Knockdown assault on the first enemy(?) to move within 2 squares of Freja, Maria, Immeral, or Nashikrak.
    Last edited by Rjanag; 2012-10-31 at 04:01 PM. Reason: strike action--not my turn yet

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Maria stands up and assesses the situation. She knew right away from the looks on the intruders that the scared man was in trouble. And every instinct within her told her to act. Taking her wand completely out of her pocket she points it menacingly at the newcomers making a comment to both Freja and Bert.

    "Hey don't worry about me?! Worry about THEM! I'm not the one who is about to be toasted. Just be ready to keep your distance if I have to fry them if they get too close.", she whispers wryly and with some humor. Oddly enough there is no arrogance to it and more or less done with a brave front.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative:(1d20+1)[15]

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    NOTE: Please see the map spoiler for map information.

    Even as Kale moves and words are thrown the thuggish crew swings into action. Clearly they had a contingency plan if the met with resistance.

    The woman draws and flicks her broad dagger in one smooth motion. A glob of somthing flips off the tip and slaps Kale in the face. It seeps quickly into his skin, pinning his feet where he stands and sapping away at his life.

    Nashikrak takes a hit to the arm and Immeral takes a bolt to the leg as the thugs clearly move in to block for the woman dragging the man away.
    "I told you to mind your own business cindersoul. Stand down and I wont take the little girl too." A wicked smile cracks her lips as she stares straight at Maria.

    Another thug charges at Kale but the swordsman blocks the strike easily despite his sudden mallady.

    Bert is UP!


    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click on the map for the full size image

    Map Features:
    Chairs and tables: difficult terrain. You can spend a minor action to move one item one square. This minor action can be spent during a move action
    Couch and armchairs: difficult terrain; provides cover; can be moved with a minor and a DC 13 athletics check.
    [u]Bar[b]: superior cover if between combatants. Takes 3 squares to climb over.
    Fire Place: 10 damage to any creature entering the fire or ending it's turn there. (this damage can only be dealt 1/round)
    Windows: can be broken with a minor action or it someone jumps through.

    Initiative & Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1

    {table=Head] Turn | Init | Name | HP | Surges/(AC/F/R/W) | Condition
    X | 25 | Woman | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 25 | Ruffian 6 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 24 | Ruffian 4 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 21 | Thug 1 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    TURN | 19 | Bert | 32/32 | 9/9 |
    | 18 | Ruffian 2 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 16 | Ruffian 3 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 16 | Ruffian 5 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 16 | Thug 2 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 15 | Maria | 25/25 | 6/6 |
    | 13 | Nashikrak | 24/29 | 7/7 |
    | 12 | Kale | 28/42 | 11/11 | Immobilized & Ongoing 5 poison (Save Ends both)
    | 11 | Immeral | 29/34 | 7/7 |
    | 10 | Ruffian 1 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 5 | Thug 3 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 4 | Freja | 33/33 | 8/8 |

    [/table]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enemy Initiative
    (1d20+8)[25]
    *
    (1d20+6)[21]
    (1d20+4)[16]
    (1d20+4)[5]
    *
    (1d20+7)[10]
    (1d20+7)[18]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[25]


    Enemy rolls are in the OOC for this post but will be IC from now on.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-31 at 11:37 PM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas, USA

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Bert, Human Fighter

    Not ready to let the helpless man be dragged away, Bert turns his attention away from the thug in front of him and towards the woman. We must stop her, he shouts to Freja before he crashes through the chairs and lunges at the woman.

    Nothing good can come of this...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move, Standard: Double-move (letting Thug 3 have an opportunity attack) over the chairs and charge the woman. My path is J8-I9-H10-G11-F11-E12; should cost 9 squares of movement; will also be passing Ruffian 1.
    At the end of the charge, will do Threatening Rush vs. Woman (AC)
    Attack: [roll0]
    Hit: [roll1] damage, and Bert marks every enemy adjacent to him until the end of his next turn (if he survives that long! )
    Free: If he hits, he'll also spend a free action to kick off his Pinning Battleaxe's daily power: Use this power when you hit an enemy with this weapon. That enemy is immobilized until you are no longer adjacent to it.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Opportunity Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thug 3:
    Attack: (1d20+7)[24]
    Hit: (2d6+6)[12]

    Ruffian 1
    Attack: (1d20+7)[16]
    Hit: 5 damage


    Bert smashes the woman, forcing her let go of the man she was dragging. He axe flashes with light and the woman is bound to Bert with chains of force.

    The mob closes in around Bert but somehow the man stays up and fighting, though he does take a few good hits.

    One of the thugs to the north scrambles onto the bar and swings wildly at Immeral since the eladrin was about to go for his dagger.

    Maria, Nashikrak, Kale, & Immeral are UP!.
    **You four can go in any order. Your turns will be applied in the order posted.**

    Enemies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ruffin 2:
    Move: G13 to F11 - circling round the East of 1
    Standard: Club vs Bert
    Attack: w/ CA (1d20+9)[13]
    Hit: 7 damage

    Ruffian 3:
    Move: Hop on to bar
    Standard: Charge Immeral (to G7)
    Attack: (1d20+7)[8]
    Hit: 5 damage

    Ruffian 5:
    Standard: Club vs Bert
    Attack: w/ CA (1d20+9)[17]
    Hit: 7 damage

    Thug 2:
    Move: Shift D12 to E11
    Attack: w/ CA (1d20+9)[28]
    Hit: (2d6+6)[12]

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click on the map for the full size image

    Map Features:
    Chairs and tables: difficult terrain. You can spend a minor action to move one item one square. This minor action can be spent during a move action
    Couch and armchairs: difficult terrain; provides cover; can be moved with a minor and a DC 13 athletics check.
    [u]Bar[b]: superior cover if between combatants. Takes 3 squares to climb over.
    Fire Place: 10 damage to any creature entering the fire or ending it's turn there. (this damage can only be dealt 1/round)
    Windows: can be broken with a minor action or it someone jumps through.

    Initiative & Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1

    {table=Head] Turn | Init | Name | HP | Surges/(AC/F/R/W) | Condition
    X | 25 | Woman | -9 | 19 /?/?/? | Immobilized until no longer adjacent to Bert, Marked (Bert)
    X | 25 | Ruffian 6 | -0 | ?/?/?/? | Marked (Bert)
    X | 24 | Ruffian 4 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 21 | Thug 1 | -0 | 14 /?/?/? |
    X | 19 | Bert | 8/32 | 9/9 | BLOODIED!
    X | 18 | Ruffian 2 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 16 | Ruffian 3 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 16 | Ruffian 5 | -0 | ?/?/?/? | Marked (Bert)
    X | 16 | Thug 2 | -12 | 14 /?/?/? | Marked (Bert)
    TURN | 15 | Maria | 25/25 | 6/6 |
    TURN | 13 | Nashikrak | 24/29 | 7/7 |
    TURN | 12 | Kale | 28/42 | 11/11 | Immobilized & Ongoing 5 poison (Save Ends both)
    TURN | 11 | Immeral | 29/34 | 7/7 |
    | 10 | Ruffian 1 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 5 | Thug 3 | -0 | 14 /?/?/? |
    | 4 | Freja | 33/33 | 8/8 |[/table]
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-11-01 at 12:45 AM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas, USA

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Bert, Human Fighter

    The thug trying to cautiously sidestep Bert is not sly enough to avoid the fighter's wary eyes. As the thug moves around him, Bert suddenly wrenches his axe free from the woman and swings at the thug, catching him off guard.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Immediate Interrupt: Melee Basic Attack (Combat Challenge) vs. Thug 2 (AC)
    Attack: (1d20+9)[28]
    Hit: (1d10+5)[15]
    Last edited by Rjanag; 2012-11-01 at 12:44 AM. Reason: description

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    The darkelf growled in anger and moved past his comrade to strike his nearest quarry. At the moment he arrived, he muttered an arcane language and dark cloud began to surround him.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: E10
    Minor Action: Cloud of Darkness, Close burst 1, creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. Until next turn
    Standard Action: Dual Attack at D11

    MBA: (1d20+11)[13], high critical, damage (1d8+6)[10]
    Dual Attack, if MBA hit (high critical: (1d20+12)[28], damage (1d6+5)[7]

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    The fleet Drow takes a club to the back as he rushes to help Bert. The confused target of his attack jerks away unintentionally as he tries to find his way out of the dark, causing Nashikrak to swing wide.

    Opportunity Attacks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thug 3: MBA vs Nashikrak
    (1d20+7)[16]
    (2d6+6)[13]

    Ruffian 4
    (1d20+7)[27]
    5 damage

    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Click on the map for the full size image

    Map Features:
    Chairs and tables: difficult terrain. You can spend a minor action to move one item one square. This minor action can be spent during a move action
    Couch and armchairs: difficult terrain; provides cover; can be moved with a minor and a DC 13 athletics check.
    [u]Bar[b]: superior cover if between combatants. Takes 3 squares to climb over.
    Fire Place: 10 damage to any creature entering the fire or ending it's turn there. (this damage can only be dealt 1/round)
    Windows: can be broken with a minor action or it someone jumps through.

    Initiative & Status:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1

    {table=Head] Turn | Init | Name | HP | Surges/(AC/F/R/W) | Condition
    X | 25 | Woman | -9 | 19 /?/?/? | Immobilized until no longer adjacent to Bert, Marked (Bert)
    X | 25 | Ruffian 6 | -0 | ?/?/?/? | Marked (Bert)
    X | 24 | Ruffian 4 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 21 | Thug 1 | -0 | 14 /?/?/? |
    X | 19 | Bert | 8/32 | 9/9 | BLOODIED!
    X | 18 | Ruffian 2 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 16 | Ruffian 3 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    X | 16 | Ruffian 5 | -0 | ?/?/?/? | Marked (Bert)
    X | 16 | Thug 2 | -12 | 14 /?/?/? | Marked (Bert)
    TURN | 15 | Maria | 25/25 | 6/6 |
    X | 13 | Nashikrak | 19/29 | 7/7 |
    TURN | 12 | Kale | 28/42 | 11/11 | Immobilized & Ongoing 5 poison (Save Ends both)
    TURN | 11 | Immeral | 29/34 | 7/7 |
    | 10 | Ruffian 1 | -0 | ?/?/?/? |
    | 5 | Thug 3 | -0 | 14 /?/?/? |
    | 4 | Freja | 33/33 | 8/8 |[/table]
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-11-01 at 01:19 AM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Immeral Will shift to F9 and with my short sword I will use Deft Strike which lets me move 2 squares before the attack. I will move one more square to F10. I will attack Ruffian number one and since he hasn't acted first strike gives me combat advantage against him.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack
    (1d20+7)[8]

    Damage
    (1d6+4)[9]

    and since I have combat advantage I will use sneak attack

    Extra
    (2d8+3)[15]
    Last edited by Kevin Burns; 2012-11-01 at 01:46 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

    Maria sees the action unfold and curses herself for her slow and hesitant action. All the inexperience showing in just a few seconds. However she is not one to sit by and see her friends get slaughtered. Hoping that Bert will remember that her spell is harmless to her she flicks her wand down and up after making a circular motion with it. Suddenly a pillar of fire that spins liks top surrounds Bert but mysteriously has no effect on him at the same time scorching the enemies surrounding him with fire.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Standard Action: Cast Fountain of Flame centered at E12. It is Burst 1 within 10 Squares. INT vs REF. If miss only half damage. Any enemy entering the zone or beginning its turn within takes 5 fire damage. The zone lasts until the end of the encounter.

    Fountain of Flame Against D11: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Fountain of Flame Against E11: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Fountain of Flame Against F11: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Fountain of Flame Against D13: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Fountain of Flame Against E13: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Fountain of Flame Against F13: [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Damage if Hit 1: [roll]1d8+6[/roll]
    Damage if Hit 2: [roll]1d8+6[/roll]
    Damage if Hit 3: [roll]1d8+6[/roll]

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by onlie2005; 2012-11-01 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Made wrong damage rolls. My bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •