New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: [D&D 4E] Shadows Coalesce [IC]

Bert, Human Fighter
    Bert scratches his head. He still has his suspicions about Valthrun, but sees no reasons to raise them to any townspeople until he is sure. "I don't know if it means anything," he tells the innkeepers. "I think you've answered all my questions."

Bert returns to the others and says, "I couldn't find anything in the room...although if they were doing magic there, maybe the child would be able to see something that I couldn't. Other than that I have no ideas...just to get plenty of rest tonight and go out to search that castle tomorrow."
    Sen, Siren Ranger [D&D 4e] (Threats to the Nentir Vale)
    Enrik, Human Sorceror [D&D 3.5e] (Tavern at the End of the Universe)

2. - Top - End - #272

PirateCaptain

You all take to your beds, falling asleep quickly after a very hard day. Even the lumpy mattresses feel like goose down to your sore bodies.

Suddenly you are startled away by distant yelling and screaming. You bolt upright and notice immediately that it is still night. You have only slept for three hours at the most.

As your tired minds focus slowly you can hear sounds of hand to hand combat happening in the direction of the Winterhaven gate.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

3. - Top - End - #273

DruidGuy

Bert, Human Fighter
    Bert scrambles out of bed as he realizes that the sounds are those of fighting. It takes him a few seconds to shake the tiredness away. He used to be able to jump up from a sound sleep and be on the move right away--living in the wilderness does that to one--but the recent days of city comforts with his companions seemed to be making him softer. He still has not outgrown his habit of sleeping in armor, though, and he silently thanks his luck for having it on now.

He steals a look out the window as he grabs his axe and belt, hoping to see if there is anything dangerous just near the inn. Then he runs downstairs and for the door. On the way he shouts to the others, "Up, quickly! The rest of you stay behind me and Kale!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check at the window: (1d20+4)[16]
    Last edited by Rjanag; 2013-01-10 at 01:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274

PirateCaptain

Nothing is near the Inn but beyond the next row of dilapidated structures lies the town wall. A lot of torches are lit. More then would seem necessary. Possibly even some larger fires are lit. You can't see anything that might be making the sound but you also cannot see ground near the walls.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

5. - Top - End - #275

DruidGuy

Bert, Human Fighter
    Once out of the inn, Bert runs (hopefully with his companions close behind) towards the walls, in the direction of the sound and the torchlight.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Kale, Genasi Swordmage
    Kale shot up immediately, sword in hand, looking around the room and making sure that there wasn't anyone in the room other than himself and his charge. Seeing that they were safe in the room, Kale looks out the window for a moment. Not being able to see what is going on, he gets Maria to come with him, and they go investigate what is happening. Meeting Bert and the others, they take a cautious, yet speedy, walk to the gate, Maria put behind him with an arm in case of any trouble.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

7. - Top - End - #277
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I wake up and come down to the Tavern.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I follow behind Bert and Kale Dagger in one hand Short Sword in the other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth Check
    (1d20+10)[30]

9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maria largely has been silent and pensive during dinner. Her thoughts largely were to herself as she thought about all the info she had gleaned throughout the day. Like her mother she talked little and liked to get all the facts she could about the situation. Still a night's rest could not hurt. As usual she slept in the same room as Kale.

If there was one thing she hated was lack of sleep. She was a growing little girl and liked her beauty sleep. Spellcasting was tiring work, especially during combat. So she was not very happy when she woke up late at night. But the screams and sounds of combat were what concerned her more. Taking her wand with her she rushed downstairs with Kale and followed him to the source of the noise.