New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Quick Question About Purple Staff Cleric

Hey guys, I was just taking a look at the Purple Staff Cleric sub-levels in Champions of Valor. And I noticed it had some ability to grant someone a 0 or 1st level spell that you had prepared that day, that they can use as a spell like ability.
    Now it then goes on to talk about uses per day, and the way it is written, does it mean that they now have this spell as a SLA that they can use a certain amount of times per day? Or does it mean that you can give people a spell a certain amount of times per day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Quick Question About Purple Staff Cleric

Times per day you can transfer a spell. The ability functions as Imbue With Spell Ability, which only transfers a single spell slot, so it can't be referring to how many times the transferred spell can be used once it is granted.