New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Looking for a background.

Q 477

Can anyone point me towards a background that fits this fluff?
    Paladin of Ioun sent undercover within a Cult of Vecna, becomes tainted, and is now fighting to redeem himself for the actions he had to take to maintain his cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Per RAW? Any of them, I would imagine. The "good" ones because his actual background is of a good Paladin. The "bad" ones because of his time in Vecna. All the others, because of whatever the background is. This is more a question that should get its own thread - its subjective beginning to end.

GW
    So I asked in the Q&A because I didn't want to have it suggested I do it there, turns out I thought backwards. So, now I post here. Anyone have a good suggestions? Chaladin MC Binder, I am not asking for mechanical benefits because I'm not familiar with all the different things Backgrounds can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for a background.

In terms of benefits: almost all backgrounds either give small skill bonuses, or let you base your hit points on the stat of your choice (instead of constitution). The latter group are much stronger than the former.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Looking for a background.

I'm actually looking for something that does some along the lines of the fluff. Being able to drop Con and focus on other stats would be mechanically good, but I'm willing to drop optimization for some fluff, to help build up the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show