Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

Sirin Starshine

Sirin murmurs, "How totally weird."

She glances up and makes brief eye contact with everyone, looking slightly worried, then she gently plucks at the patch that looks like a set of lockpicks.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

The patch peels easily off of the veil, and dangles from Sirin's fingers.

Then, after about five seconds, it starts to grow and fill out... The young rogue has to shift her fingers quickly to avoid dropping the now full-sized and normal-looking set of lockpicking tools.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin cringes and grabs at the lockpicks before they can crash to the floor and make a metallic sound.

Then she beams and plucks at the patch representing the dagger. She lays it on the floor. While waiting for the dagger to appear, Sirin begins to work at unlocking the manacles and chain that bind her.

As she works, she speaks in a distracted tone of voice.

"We have a patron. Powerful. He wants us free, all of us, and go to him. I have directions."

"We are allowed to make a mess escaping, but if we do, we might get caught, so I suggest stealth."

"To succeed, we have to work together. Plus he'll be displeased if we don't. Punishment."

"Any objections?"

Perception and Disable Device
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on Perception to make sure that the manacle does not have a trap.

If no trap is Perceived, Disable Device.

Since Disable Device for unlocking locks can be tried multiple times, I am rolling three times to save on posts.

Disable Device, first try: (1d20+8)[11]

Disable Device, second try: (1d20+8)[20]

Disable Device, third try: (1d20+8)[26]

Sirin's normal bonus to Perception is +11. To Disable Device, +7.

Due to Rogue trapfinding, extra +1 to both those checks, for a total of +12 and +8, respectively.

If the lockpicks happen to be masterwork, there is an extra +2 bonus to Disable Device using them.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

SIRIN
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find no traps. You also figure it'll take a DC 20 to get the locks off. They are indeed masterworked.

The locks ARE rather rusty and a bit noisy. Every time you roll and get a total disable device of under 15, there's a chance you'll make some noise. I'll handle the rolls for that.

The lockpicks twist in the locks, and before a couple of fumbles, Sirin's got her manacles open and off.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin stuffs the veil into her rags and picks up the dagger (assuming it grew from the patch as she expected it to).

Ignoring the terrible itch she'd been aching to scratch on the skin underneath her manacles, she stands up and goes to Nana Jodi and begins to unlock the gnome woman's manacles.

Even though her own manacles had been untrapped, Sirin takes care to inspect Jodi's manacles for traps, too, just in case. After all, Jodi could cast spells.

Still sounding distracted, she asks, "Can anyone use a sling? It and the dagger may be the only weapons in this thing. But I'm not sure it's got any sling bullets."

"What about magic?"

She curses under her breath and complains, "These manacles are incredibly rusty."

Spoiler
    Show
    If the lockpicks are masterwork, that would raise Sirin's Disable Device bonus to +10.

In that case, take 10 with both Perception and Disable Device to check for traps and to open the manacles of everyone, in the following order:

Jodi
    Bridget
    Variel
    Silas
    Marthras

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Jodiah, gives an odd smile and gingerly plucks the odd assortment of spheres and wires. She places it in the palm of her hand, waiting for it to enlarge, she doubts anyone had knowledge of what it was or who it represented but that was no matter at the very least it would allow her to keep herself alive until she could grab a few components for more offensive spells. She looks at the half elf struggling with her bonds "Keep trying deary, you can do it just keep calm and take your time! Remember good things to all those who wait and once we are free we can slit the throats of those guards and dance with joy while their blood spurts!" She adds a warm smile at the end of the statement and as she speaks she moves her hands in an odd pattern.

Spoiler
    Show
    YAY for divine focuses, now I can cast all of my spells huzzah! Also i just cast guidance and anytime she does a skill check I shall cast guidance I will spam it until i am blue in the face
    A big shout out to myself for the custom Thanatos Avvie... never again lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin was so focused on unlocking Jodi's manacles that she didn't notice the oracle plucking out the veil.

She exclaims, "He...." then, fearful of alerting the guards, chokes back the shout of outrage.

Then the weird little bauble grows on Jodi's palm. "Oh. What's that?"

Not waiting for the answer, she goes back to examining and picking the lock.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Jodiah offers a queer smile and holds a finger to her lips "Nothing to concern yourself with deary, just keep working and hush, we have a unique and very rare opportunity so let us not waste it."
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

And in a few minutes time, Sirin is able to finish unlocking the restraints of everyone in the cell.

PERCEPTION CHECK DC 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're hearing footsteps coming toward your cell. Sounds like a guard. Probably a patrolling checkup. Probably...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[15]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Massaging his wrists, Variel slips back into the shadows, his pointed ears perking up.

Stealth
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[27]

Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-2)[6]
    Last edited by Griffith!; 2012-11-01 at 03:23 PM.
    I have some health problems, and sometimes vanish suddenly. All apologies.

"If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you, you won't be able to walk." -Guts

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[17]

Jodiah's ears perk up at a very familiar and distressing sound she looks to the others and says softly but hastily "Patrol is coming, quick hide anything you don't want taken and conceal your manacles!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I shall use guidance on meself to get a +1 to stealth... I will post the roll right after
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-11-01 at 03:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Stealth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hiding some manacles! (1d20+6)[17]
    Jodiah silently places the odd item inside of her shirt between her breast and sits against a wall with her back turned towards the bars. She begins to rock slowly, resuming her dreamy expression and softly begins to ramble about 'her children'

Spoiler
    Show
    I can always do a perform crazy or do a bluff check just let me know!
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-11-01 at 03:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin looks confused at what Jodi says. Looking strangely at her, Sirin moves to her manacles and puts them on loosely, but does not snap them closed to re-engage the lock, so she can slip out of them easily.

Then she makes her precious possessions disappear: lockpicks, dagger, and veil.

Then she closes her eyes and pretends to be asleep if the guard should look inside.

Sleight of Hand
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on Sleight of Hand to conceal the three items on her person.

If she can't make them disappear (too large, not enough time, etc.), she just sits on them.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

"What?" Bridget demands when Sirin pulls the lockpicks off the veil. Her facial expression changes from one of resentment to a blank stare as Sirin's manacles pop off.

The explanation clearly pleases Bridget. As Sirin comes to unlock her manacles, a look of purpose can be seen in her eyes. The feelings of hopelessness and resentment fade, replaced by malicious intent. Not powerless anymore.

When freed, she smiles warmly at Sirin. "Well done girl. Hand me that trinket of yours wouldn't you, if it comes with the right spell components I'll be able to make it so we get out of here completely undetected."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is the sparkly bag a spell component pouch? If yes, can Bridget grab it while Sirin unlocks the others? She'd like to ready a sleep spell for if they're discovered.
    Perception: (1d20+1)[9]

When Nana Jodi warns her of approaching guards, she returns to her previous position, back turned to the other forsaken and the door to the cell. With the manacles placed loosely around her wrists and her knees curled up to her chest, she conceals her freedom with her rags.
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-11-01 at 06:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

ooc: Sorry for the delay! I spent nearly half an hour trying to figure out the dice roller. It turns out if you do a preview of a dice roll in your post, the code gets messed up.

Silas smiles at the sudden turn of fortune. "We shouldn't act now. We need to wait until dark to make sure we're less noticeable." He moves to the corner and tries to keep his hands hidden. "Also, don't throw away those manacles when we leave. They can be worth a tidy sum to the right buyer."

ooc: The SRD says masterwork manacles are worth 50gp and only 2lb each. :)

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check (1d20+7)[17]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Once he notices the veil Marthras gets even more pondering. Escape? Hmm. You know, even a few hours back I wouldn't have hesitated to report you to the guards. But maybe this is a chance, my last chance to show them how wrong they are in everything...
    His voice trails of but after short moment he seems to regain some of his posture.
    Yes, yes. This is something I should have done long ago.

After his shackles are opened he points at the holy symbol of Mitra and asks Sirin: Would you mind giving me that? .

Should Sirin give it to him and if it looks easily broken (and if he thinks that wouldn't be to loud) Marthras would try to break it in two.

Once the guards approach he also trys to hide any signs of escape and look as unremarkable as possible.

Stealth:(1d20+7)[23]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

The guard shows up, unhurried, and glances at the cell as he walks by. Guy looks bored.

He passes by, and the pad of his boots echoes down the hall. If he follows the regular routine, he'll be back by here again in a few minutes, going the other way. Then things will be relatively clear for half an hour or so, when it SHOULD be about time for the lateday meal.

Marthas easily manages to mar the holy symbol, scarring it.

Bridget DOES indeed find the pouch patch to be a spell component pouch... A rather overstocked one, containing things that look to be useful to a divine caster, as well.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin takes off her manacle, takes up her items (veil, thieves' tools and dagger), rises, and begins to examine the lock to the cell for traps.

Speaking in a low voice, but still sounding excited, Sirin speaks, "Let us plan our escape. I suggest stealth and minimal murder. Get to the roof and use the rope patch to climb down. That way we avoid most or all of the guards."

"What do you think?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[21]

If no traps detected, take 10 on opening the door.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Jodiah thinks for a moment, she didn't have much memory of the layout of this place since she couldn't exactly see through the thick sac they put over her head. "That is one way to go about it dear but remember, we can via sea so unless you all can swim things may get a little...soggy. I suggest that we have a contingency, were any of you in the military? If so would you be able to tell between guard ranks, using a high ranking officer as a hostage may be needed if things do not go well."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground

"I say we wait for him to pass again. After that, we should have half an hour before mealtime to scout the hallways and get a layout of the prison we haven't seen yet. No sense in rushing out blindly."

22. - Top - End - #52

MindFlayer

"Do you know how to get to the roof? Do you know how to get to the shore? Where did they take you during when you were visited? What we need is a hostage. Get that gate open and I can make sure that guard never finishes his patrol." The smirk she wears makes it clear her self-confidence is back in force.

She turns to Jodi, "I take it you know how to use that trinket of yours. Any other spellcasters take what you need from this pouch; it seems our mysterious patron was most accommodating."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Jodiah frowns Brigit "Yes child I know how to use this but you should be aware that taking a hostage right from the get go is a very bad idea. It immediately escalates the situation and if we don't get a suitably important hostage then it is a moot point, they will shoot them down with the rest of us. Stealth would be the best option and taking a hostage as a last resort but it would have to be done all in one shot. For scouting is not an option either, it would take too much time to do so for the person scouting would have to unlock doors then relock them on their way back or else the ruse is pointless. Secondly they have no means of keeping track of time so they may not make it back in time and the alarm would be raised immediately. We will have to do this blindly and in one go or else it will not work for delaying will be the death of us. I can trick a few guards here and there to make us getting past them easier."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't get any illusions about getting out of here without a fight. Not with such a big group, someone is bound to be detected.
    And while I don't think they will just shoot down a hostage, they are to meek for that, they might still believe they can take us before we can kill him. So a hostage should only be a last resort and it will also slow us down considerably."

He thinks for a short while
    "Oh, and should we see any lone guards it might even be wise to jump them. The risk of them getting to scream seems almost worth it to get weapons. IF we run into a patrol I would rather not have to fight them barehanded."
    Last edited by Finkmilkana; 2012-11-02 at 10:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55

MindFlayer

"You don't get very far in my line of work without knowing how to extract the information you need. I don't propose we capture a guard to use as leverage; I propose we capture a guard and learn how we're going to get out of here. We are blind in this cell, we need information."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Jodiah rolls her eyes "Oh yes because now is the perfect time for an inquisition, you seem to forget we are limited in our time, lack the proper tools and also have no means of silencing the guard if he tries to sound the alarm. You see most of these goody goody types love being a martyr, the seem to have some deluded notion that gods like that sort of thing. We do not have time to interrogate and that in itself is risky for why would they bother giving us the information when they could easily raise the alarm via shouting. Let's just break out of the cell and move out quietly, jumping guards here and there and if we happen across a set of keys we could release other prisoners to use as a distraction. Sitting here and waiting is usually a bad idea and taking even more time to interrogate is a worse idea."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

27. - Top - End - #57

MindFlayer

"Move to where? What other prisoners? We don't know a thing. We go out there unprepared, we're all going to be killed."

"How many martyrs do you know personally? I've yet to meet anyone who values anything more than their own skin. I put one of them to sleep, we gag him, we take his weapons, we find a route out of here, we find out how to release any other prisoners as a distraction, then we kill him. It'll take less time than we'd waste making wrong turns trying to clumsily find a way out."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin nods, agreeing with those who argue against interrogation without turning from examining and working on the door lock.

"We don't have enough time to conduct a useful interrogation."

"If they can open their mouths to answer our questions, they can also open their mouths to scream for help."

"I believe we should just sneak our way out, on our own. And maybe ambushing any lone guards we find, for armor and weapons. And clothes."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Jodiah shakes her head "My you aren't too bright are you? Move to where: anywhere but here since they know where we are. What are prisoners: WE ARE IN A PRISON I think it would be safe to assume there would be more than us. We stay in here and we will be killed, feel free to remain, for all we know we may not even get a meal it could be the execution squad. I have met several of the sort when it comes to people doing something foolish for an ideal so do no underestimate it. Putting them to sleep great idea now we have someone to drag around behind us or wait for them to wake up. Gagging them is counter productive and once the gag is off it would be very easy for them to shout; further more you are forgetting one massive flaw in the entire plan: your magic may fail and you're assuming that the guard will be more afraid of you than their superiors. Everything else you blathered about is a rehash of what we've been saying. Your follish notion that you can successful interogate a guard will squander what advantage we have: surprise." Turning to the half elf "Miss would you be so kind to open the door, I think we should be leaving, though this one would prefer staying."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

"I'm working on it. This isn't easy. The locks are so rusty."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting on permission from Lost Demiurge.