Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1423
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "You have magic at your disposal, but what if you can't get the door open before they wake up? If one of us were to call out to the guards we could get them to open the door for us, then take them out."

    "If one of us cries loud enough to irritate them, not anger them mind you, they'll come in to beat that prisoner into silence. If they don't expect anything, they'll likely leave the signal horn on the table. On top of that, we don't know what's down that staircase you saw so if we're going to jump the guards, the cell block is the best place to do it. Less chance of the noise being heard."

    "It could take time though. Even my best performance might take a few minutes to rouse them to action."

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas nods. "Then how about we leave just one person by the guard room door? The rest of us stay here in the cell to jump the guards when they come to break up the racket, and the guy by the door steals their horn in case they make a run for it."

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah sneers at the seemingly useless self proclaimed caster "For someone who claims to have the ability to channel magic you definitely don't use it, either you are a liar and dead weight or you're too pathetic to even conjure the simplest cantrip. Step aside and keep your mouth shut for you just flap your lips and not much else. I will draw them out with little difficulty, now what sound would work best, probably knocking and the sound of their superior? Once the door is open and they see nothing I will simply grab the horn so they cannot raise alarm. Anyone have any useful suggestions?"
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Bridget rolls her eyes at the gnome's suggestion, "What a foolproof plan. Its not like the guards will be at all suspicious of the mysterious appearance of a superior officer inside the cellblock without keys. Certainly they won't be suspicious enough to, oh, I don't know, look through the window and notice the absence of any such officer. Maybe you should go play with your bauble, Nana, the adults are talking." With that she turns away from the gnome. The little one's insanity was a liability, but one she would have to bear for the time being.

    "As soon as the guards realize one of us is missing from the cell they'll go for the alarm so either we strike before then, or wait in the cell. Perhaps its safer to set the ambush right at the door; fewer opportunities for them to notice something is amiss. The window restricts their field of view, which should let a a few of our number take up postions on either side. As soon as the door opens I'll cast, but should they prove stronger than my magic, as the runt believes they will, you'll have to subdue them."

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin listens with bemusement to the argument.

    Addressing Silas, she says, "We can't use the sound of fighting. We're supposed to be chained up to separate parts of our cell, remember? You can't fistfight if you're chained up."

    "Of course, our prison guards probably aren't too bright, but we can't take the chance that they're NOT all goblin-brained."


    Addressing Bridget, she says, "I can get the door open pretty quickly. The locks in this prison are basic. I haven't had to try very hard yet."

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah smiles cruelly "Suspicious is the point, but you are obviously too daft to realise it, they get suspicious thus they open the door. Yes your magic will probably fail if you even have the capability to cast it but I rather doubt that since all you've been doing is talking. As far as being an adult I am more than three times your age you idiot but I suppose we cannot fault the ignorant. Though we may have to do something about you being dead weight."

    Turning to the rest of the group "So we either unlock the door and go in, a very bad idea since they have a chance of noticing and thus sounding the alarm, or we draw them out, something the incompetent one has no concept of. If you insist on going that route I can at the very least remove the horn from their possession as you pick the lock. Just give me a signal and i will move the horn as you open the door."
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "Is anyone else surprised the insults haven't stopped? She suggests drawing them out. Out of the guardroom sure, but to where? We don't know what's down the stairs or behind that door, so why would we risk trying to lure them either of those directions? If the door leads anywhere they wouldn't expect another guard to be, the ruse is worse than useless. If they head down the stairs, it won't take them long to realize they've been duped and return with weapons ready. At that point it won't matter if we're in the guardroom or this cell, we're dead either way."

    Bridget turns back to the gnome for a moment, "Nana, you're right. I can't fault you for being ignorant. I'll try to be more understanding of your condition in the future."

    "Your word, Sirin, is all I need. If you ask it, I will cast my enchantment. My concern is that, if they resist the spell, it'll be very easy for the guards to raise the alarm. The little one says she can move the signal horn; I am also capable of doing so, but that doesn't stop the guards from yelling for reinforcements or fleeing down the stairs. The sounds of them falling out of their chairs might even be enough to draw more guards if there are some down the stairwell. That is why I suggested luring them into the cellblock and ambushing them. Its an isolated area where noises are less likely to be heard."

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah laughs "Wow you are thick first you accuse my suggestion as dimwitted then you basically regurgitate the same idea but make it more difficult. I really think you should sit down deary obviously thinking isn't your strong suit. How are we supposed to lure them back to the cells, or have you continently forgotten that part? We draw them out so our new ogre friend here can silence them outside of the guard room done and done. So listen dear go back to the cell and have a lie down, while we actually accomplish something instead of making absurd plots. Though I will say this, this is not the time for bickering so until we are on the outside let us just focus on doing something constructive. We could mix all three idea's you attempt you enchantment while Sirin opens the door and I will get the horn out of reach in case your magic is resisted? How does that sound."
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "If you need to stay blind to reality to preserve what's left of your broken mind, so be it. Sirin, just give the word"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bridget will take a spot back from the door where she can see through the window if possible. She'll wait to cast until she either receives a signal from Sirin that the door is unlocked and the group is ready, or spots movement in the guardroom.
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-11-04 at 11:37 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas rubs the bridge of his nose with two fingers. "I do not need to be angry. I am a leaf on the wind. I can choose to be calm." He takes a deep breath, then speaks in a belabored yet patient tone. "Look. I realize you both have reputations to uphold, but now is not the time for a pissing contest. We don't need anything elaborate to make this work. Instead of a fight or yelling, just... just make a cat meowing. Alright? Just make the sound of a cat meowing and pawing at the door. The guards will wonder how a cat got in the prison, but won't necessarily think that it is dangerous. When you hear the guard's door open, make the sound come from down the hallway in front of our cell. When they come down the hallway, they will probably ask us if we saw any cats. That is when we hit them." He looks around at the party members. "Agreeable?"

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin thinks hard, then speaks.

    "Marthras, Silas and I can move quietly, so we will stand near the door as I begin to open it."

    "Bridget, you stay as far back from the door as you can and still be able to affect the guards inside with your spell, so they can't hear or see you. As soon as you see me insert my tools into the door lock, you cast your spell."

    "Marthas and Silas will be watching. If they see the guards fall asleep, they will signal to Bridget with their hands. Count one finger for one guard falling asleep, count two for both guards falling asleep, and a circle for no guards falling asleep."


    Sirin demonstrates with her right hand, raising first one finger, then two fingers, then making a circle by touching four fingers to her thumb.

    "If we're fortunate, both guards will fall asleep. We will have no trouble disarming and killing them."

    "If we're less fortunate, neither guard will fall asleep. If they're stupid, they might not notice me disabling the lock. Silas or Marthras will whisper to me that they are awake and did not notice. I'll not swing the door open, and Bridget can try to put them to sleep again."

    "The greatest danger is if only one guard falls asleep. The other guard will surely notice. Then we will have to all rush in, once I open the door, and try to kill or pin the guard before he calls the alarm."

    "Does that plan make sense?"


    Sirin seems both excited and a little nervous. The stakes for this escapade are far higher than any prank she pulled in school.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah coughs "Your seem to be forgetting me, I can hide better than most due to my size and I can prevent them from blowing the horn if they resist the spell. Heck I probably can't stick my head above the window without going on my tip toes."
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin glances down the corridor, frowning at the door, then nods reluctantly to Nana Jodi.

    "It'll be a little crowded, but sure."

    Edit: Then she waits for more responses or objections.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2012-11-05 at 11:36 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Griffith!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Prime Material Plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Variel Amphora

    Variel stands idly by, leaning against the bars of the cell. He idly fondles a manacle, simply observing the goings-on. He has nothing very much to contribute to the proceedings, and elects instead to follow whatever plan the others come up with. If or when I get my hands on a bow, he reasons, I'll prove my usefulness then. Until that eventuality, however... it's safest for everyone to just hang back.
    I have some health problems, and sometimes vanish suddenly. All apologies.

    "If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you, you won't be able to walk." -Guts

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Silas raises a finger. "Sirin, would you listen at the door? They will likely be chitchatting, or asleep. If I know guards, they love to gripe. We can learn a thing or two if they gripe about the rights things."

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin smiles shyly at Silas and says, "Well, I could, but what if more guards come by while I'm eavesdropping on the two we know are there?"

    "Remember, we are heavily outnumbered. They want to kill us. And we have no armor. Only one dagger."

    "Don't you think it would be more sensible to eavesdrop on some -other- guards, once we're better equipped?"


    She looks at the others, trying but failing to completely hide her impatience, and worse, her fear. Her mind keeps flashing back to the Iron Maiden that awaits her tomorrow.

    "Any other plans in mind?"

    "Bridget, what do you think? We can't do this without your magic. Do you agree with the plan I mentioned?"

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    "Eavesdropping is such a imprecise means of getting information. Time is an issue, and we want specific answers, so I suggest leaving the guards alive, to be gagged and brought back to the ogre's cell. By the time you finish securing the armour and weapons, I will have the answers we need."

    "No matter what we do, there will always be some risk of being discovered. Sirin's plan is far better than some the ideas some have come up with, and is simple enough to stand some chance of working. Let us begin."

    With that, Bridget draws a handful of rose petals and sand from the pouch and proceeds to her position.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah shakes her head "Interogation is a waste of time, since we would have to drag them back to a cell after stripping them down after tieing them up after gagging them properly. It also adds needless danger since they can cry out for help when you try to interogate them, in conclusion it is a moot point for you to even mention it since I will just kill them as soon as they are out. Let's just get this over with." Jodiah cracks her finger and hides, waiting to move the horn if things go south.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-11-06 at 02:28 PM.
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin's lips curve in a small, pleased smile as the others seem to heed her suggestions.

    Before she sneaks up to the door, she plucks the dagger she got from Tiadora's veil from her rags and offers it hilt-first to Marthras and Silas.

    "I'll be too busy with the lock to use this. One of you who waits with me near the door should attack a guard once I open the lock."

    To Grumblejack the ogre, she says, "Hang back, Grumblejack, and when I open the door, please come in and attack the guards."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marthras has no natural attack and Silas does (his bite), so it seems more logical that Marthras takes the dagger.


    Then she sneaks up to the door. Only when she can see everyone is in position does she nod to Bridget and insert her thieves' tools into the lock.

    Various rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[27]

    Contingent on everyone being in position, take 10 on the Disable Device roll.

    Note: Sirin is immune to Sleep spells.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin finds that the door is unlocked, and swings it open!

    The two guards look up, utterly surprised, as Grumblejack starts charging down the hall...

    SURPRISE ROUND!
    (STANDARD ACTIONS ONLY, PLEASE!)
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-11-06 at 03:37 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah immediately cast mage hand and moves the horn on the table out of reach of the guards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If I need to use a move action to get closer so be it, i am not letting them touch that damn horn lol
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Aug 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bridget casts sleep as soon as Sirin's tools touch the lock, using the window to centre the area of effect above the guards' table. DC17 Will save for the guards or unconscious for a minute.

    Since that was a readied action, does she still get a surprise round action for the door opening right away?

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bridget casts sleep as soon as Sirin's tools touch the lock, using the window to centre the area of effect above the guards' table. DC17 Will save for the guards or unconscious for a minute.

    Since that was a readied action, does she still get a surprise round action for the door opening right away?
    Spoiler
    Show
    In this case, the readied action WAS the surprise round action. Let's not get too tripped up in the mechanics.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Finkmilkana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    [ooc]Since I'm not sure whats possible I'll give 3 different possible actions:[/ooc]

    Marthras moves through the room an tries to block the other exit.

    If that is not possible, but a partial charge on the guards is and should some still be standing after the sleep spell I'll try to stab them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (I'll roll as if I got the the dagger)
    (1d20+6)[8]
    (1d4+4)[7]


    If that's also not possible Marthras will move to the horn.

    If even that can't be archived he'll just move to the guards, ready to attack next round.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Sirin Starshine


    Sirin looks absolutely shocked to see the door just open. She stands up and hurries into the room, moving towards the single torch that provides illumination.

    She intends to pick it up and douse it if and when she observes the signal horn moving away from the guards.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sjurd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    ooc: Do we need initiative checks?

    Silas moves into the room, baring his teeth and balling his fists. "Hello boys. Sorry to have to ruin your night."

    ooc: Move adjacent to the nearest guard. Hopefully him standing will trigger an AoO if I don't beat his initiative.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    The guards barely have time to blink, before Bridget casts her spell! Simultaneously, they fall out of their chairs, snoring.

    Marthras, Silas, and Grumblejack bolt into the room as Nana Jodi whisks the horn off the table, and into her waiting hands.

    Sirin lifts the torch. The guardroom is silent, save for the gentle snores of the two guardsmen.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Morbis Meh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Velvet Room
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Jodiah casually strolls over to the guards and begins looking for a dagger or any sharp object she could use to slit their throats.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+5)[7]
    Is the proud owner of 7 cookies and 1.5 internets
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Benny Hill theme, firing terminal velocity zombies via portals, with your wife as backup.
    ... I'm pretty sure you win an internet. Maybe even two internets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Past Avatars
    Szilard

    Red Wizard avvie by Kymme

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lost Demiurge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    The unobliging guards don't seem to have any daggers lying around, how thoughtless! But Nana Jodi's eyes finally alight on their longswords. A little awkward, true, but they're not in a position to resist.

    Still, while she's looking things over, the rest of the group of escaped prisoners has time to do as they please...
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!


  30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Finkmilkana's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

    Marthras grabs a truncheon from one guard and starts seaching him for keys or other usefull things.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:(1d20+6)[24]


    "We should make haste, every second we stand here now we risk being detected."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •